The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Of which feature would you like to see a short video?
A Storyline Event 44 39.64%
The Revamped Intro 18 16.22%
The Battle System 39 35.14%
Training 26 23.42%
The Laptop 21 18.92%
The Menu 13 11.71%
Pokemon World 39 35.14%
Move Selection 12 10.81%
Something Else (please state) 4 3.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Okey, you asked for it so here comes a mass load of them!

Starting:

1: There will be a lot of different methods of evolving pokemons, stones, trading, different moves and level and such thing. How are you going to work on this aspect, trading pokemons with other trainers? Will there be a poll where randomly some NpC:s demand a trade with a pokemon they want to trade for something? Need to get the Machamp somehow!

2: Will there be a Trick Master in the game, and if there is will he give you the Trick Room TM?

3: You tell us in the first page that there will be no traditional Elite Four only a tournament like in the anime. I was wondering if there would be a tournament and the winner or the tournament would get the priviledge to challenge Elite Four?

4: Is it possibe to become a leader of your own gym, and get calls for gym fight to protect your own gymbadge! (Post-game!) Name would be: OOTC-gym (Out-of-the-City).

5: Will you be developing better badges, those don't look too shiny to me. Well it is my own option but you could probably use more imagination to them.

6: Exactly how many rivals you get, I love rival and gym battles. So I think character should get more than a 1 Rival, other could have little less importance.

7: When you go to Elite Four tournament and win, will the badges be taken from you and you need to get them again? If so, it is awesome!

8: How well can you accually input strategies to trainers? Can you make them do some moves or use some special attack at different spots? *Trying to get some ideas what is coming xD*

9: Will you have double battles in this? Accually I would like the idea if some trainers would ask do you wanna normal or double battle. It would be another unique feature to the game. :D

10: You said that you are gonna include 151 first original pokemon + some secret special pokemons. I would love if you could include at least first 2 generations and all the evolutions they have in the other generations. I love first and second generation most. Or if you can't or don't want to include second generation I will be sad because I can't get my Yanma and Heracross.

11: Will you include 1 Shiny Pokemon event? Like there was a Red Gyarados in 2nd gen?

12: And the most important of all, I want cameo xD!

And lastly, I am from Finland and I chuckled to the names of the towns that you can start in. They have lots of resemblances in finnish language.

Tuli = Fire in finnish and Vero = Tax in finland Firetax Town!

Ranikko Town, if it would be Rannikko Town it would mean Shore Town in finnish xD, Rannikko means Shore in Finnish :D

And also Metsaro town, if Metsa would be spelled Metsä it would mean forest in finland. also Tukimus Town, Tuki means support in finnish xD.

Last edited by Pandemonioum; April 11th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
00Vampire
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonioum View Post
Okey, you asked for it so here comes a mass load of them!
Rubs hands in glee. Bring it on! :D

Quote:
1: There will be a lot of different methods of evolving pokemons, stones, trading, different moves and level and such thing. How are you going to work on this aspect, trading pokemons with other trainers? Will there be a poll where randomly some NpC:s demand a trade with a pokemon they want to trade for something? Need to get the Machamp somehow!
In this game, there won't be much straight Pokemon trading, except at a weekly Trader's Market in one of the bigger cities. There'll be others who may offer to trade throughout your journey, but you could never be sure about the quality of the Pokemon you'd be getting. Apart from that, there's always the Pokemon Trade Market, where you can buy and sell Pokemon rather than trading directly. Also, Pokemon won't be evolving after trades, and the only one that will evolve from the stones is Eevee (apart from some special circumstances).

Quote:
2: Will there be a Trick Master in the game, and if there is will he give you the Trick Room TM?
Yes, there will be a Trick House. The prize will be something different though.

Quote:
3: You tell us in the first page that there will be no traditional Elite Four only a tournament like in the anime. I was wondering if there would be a tournament and the winner or the tournament would get the priviledge to challenge Elite Four?
Nah, there won't be any Elite Four - but as the champion of the tournament, you will have to constantly defend your title, and may be called upon to do special tasks (such as making a appearance at a grand opening of a new department store, or to explore new places and tame untameable Pokemon.

Quote:
4: Is it possibe to become a leader of your own gym, and get calls for gym fight to protect your own gymbadge! (Post-game!) Name would be: OOTC-gym (Out-of-the-City).
As of now, there are no plans for the player to get their own gym - although depending on how things go, it may be something I consider later on in development. However, if you befriend a certain Gym Leader, a minor storyline will become available where you take over that Leader's Gym for a small amount of time.

Quote:
5: Will you be developing better badges, those don't look too shiny to me. Well it is my own option but you could probably use more imagination to them.
Ah, those badges. Yes, they will be completely different. At the moment, this game is moving along quite quickly and I sometimes forget to move screenshots from the 'New' section to the 'Out-dated' section.

Quote:
6: Exactly how many rivals you get, I love rival and gym battles. So I think character should get more than a 1 Rival, other could have little less importance.
Through your journey, you'll meet many different people - some will become friends, some will become enemies - but you can usually count on both to provide you with intense battles with lots of rivalry. How many depends on you, and how you play the game.

Quote:
7: When you go to Elite Four tournament and win, will the badges be taken from you and you need to get them again? If so, it is awesome!
No, I think a lot of people would kill me if they had to go out and get all the badges again.

Quote:
8: How well can you accually input strategies to trainers? Can you make them do some moves or use some special attack at different spots? *Trying to get some ideas what is coming xD*
I'm trying my best to make the AI as smart and strategic as possible, and so far things are going well. The battles are definately challenging me so far, but I never was the best player, so I won't really know until I get people to beta test (which won't be for a while yet). I've included an option for the Player to change the difficulty though.

Quote:
9: Will you have double battles in this? Accually I would like the idea if some trainers would ask do you wanna normal or double battle. It would be another unique feature to the game. :D
Sorry, but there won't be any double-battles in the game.

Quote:
10: You said that you are gonna include 151 first original pokemon + some secret special pokemons. I would love if you could include at least first 2 generations and all the evolutions they have in the other generations. I love first and second generation most. Or if you can't or don't want to include second generation I will be sad because I can't get my Yanma and Heracross.
Oh darn it, another thing I've forgotten. I have a thread on a few different forums and sometimes I post things in one, and forget to in others. I've recently decided to include the 2nd Gen Pokemon too. But that's definately the limit. No 3rd or 4th Gen.

Quote:
11: Will you include 1 Shiny Pokemon event? Like there was a Red Gyarados in 2nd gen?
There may be one or two

Quote:
12: And the most important of all, I want cameo xD!
Sure lol. Probably won't be for a while, but I will be asking people to be trainers in-game

Quote:
And lastly, I am from Finland and I chuckled to the names of the towns that you can start in. They have lots of resemblances in finnish language.

Tuli = Fire in finnish and Vero = Tax in finland Firetax Town!

Ranikko Town, if it would be Rannikko Town it would mean Shore Town in finnish xD, Rannikko means Shore in Finnish :D

And also Metsaro town, if Metsa would be spelled Metsä it would mean forest in finland. also Tukimus Town, Tuki means support in finnish xD.
I'm so glad that someone noticed . I always love my in-game locations to have meaning and stuff, so whenever I want to think of a name, I just open a translator, pick a random language and type in some relevant words. The Rannikko and Metsä meanings are pretty much dead on. Tulivero - I'm sure that meant volcano, or fire-mountain in some language. And Tukimus I think had meant crowded or something similar - but I like the 'support' translation better

Hope your questions were answered well enough. Thanks.

Old April 13th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Biggar
Catcher of all 493 Pokémon

Nature: Naughty
Is everybody stupid!? This game is absolutely a 100% FAIL!
No, just kidding. I love it! Although I have to say I liked the first battle screen better...

Btw: Please email all of the files to someone who can handle it. I really would hate you if you got driven over by a car and the game was never released =p

Pokémon Asphar Supporter
Pokémon Indigo League Supporter
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
*Votes something else*The opening please.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Biggar

I don't know if the pkmn trading market is such a good idea. Like this you threat pkmn like products, which is absolutely not anime-ish. Wouldn't it be better to make it more like Nintendo WFC? also, I would use a font that is easier to read...

*Oh man... Can't wait to play it...*

Pokémon Asphar Supporter
Pokémon Indigo League Supporter
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:02 AM
ゾロアーク
Workin on AE :)

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ゾロアーク
Nice game can't wait to play it

Old April 17th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

This may seem little pushy but I would love to see a video about experimental trainer battle communication and battle that shows you how to reject trainers and how to fight some trainers, though it would be good to see a video of it :p
Old April 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Very interesting concept.

Did you know that Asphar = Yellow in Arabic, or was that just a random name xD

Can't wait to see it finished.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Biggar

Please post some updates! I'm dying of curriousity out here :p
Old May 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

i got an idea.

maybe moves could have a mastery rank...

like 5 stars for example.
Moves cannot be deselected unless mastered.
maybe each time you use the move it adds more to the mastery. maybe if you use it more in a row you master it faster.

example.
I teach Ice Beam to Squirtle.
I cannot deselect Ice Beam until Squirtle has mastered using it.

Also a friend came up with this...
If i want my squirtle to have bubblebeam. It must first master Bubble and after using bubble so many times you learn bubblebeam then you master bubblebeam.

Just an extra idea fell free to not use this

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
ChiKouu
Froslass Trainer

I really can't wait for the game to be done!!
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Lopnis

Will you still be limited to four moves in battle?
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
zZJoennZz
What da!?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to zZJoennZz
This is a great hack. :D Nice screenshots

...mehehehe
Old June 9th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZJoennZz View Post
This is a great hack. :D Nice screenshots
ummm this isn't a hack i believe it says so on the first post and it isn't in the hack section...

anyway 00Vampire whats going on we haven't heard from you in a while

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
pokewebsites
Beginning Trainer

Pretty unique. I can see your using pokemon mystery dungeon images there

Old June 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
anugrah6
Togepi

it is a great Great Game surely for RM2K/3
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
thia12
Eternity Mapper

Is this dead? if not, let me know if you need a mapper.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Cyndaquil_Fire_Flame
Beginning Trainer

Holy crap, a UNIQUE Pokemon fangame!? I'm looking forward to it!

P.S. Where can I find all the finished Pokemon fangames? I keep getting real interested in games that I later find out to be abandoned or really really slow in progress.
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Neo-Spriteman
or goloog. that works too.

Send a message via Skype™ to Neo-Spriteman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquil_Fire_Flame View Post
Holy crap, a UNIQUE Pokemon fangame!? I'm looking forward to it!

P.S. Where can I find all the finished Pokemon fangames? I keep getting real interested in games that I later find out to be abandoned or really really slow in progress.
Why don't YOU make a fan game, so that you can see how long it takes to make a game.
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM
thia12
Eternity Mapper

Why dont YOU just answer his question?
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by thia12 View Post
Why dont YOU just answer his question?
Because there IS NO real ANSWER to his question. The Showcase is the most likely place to find finished games here, and the only one that I know of that's finished is Pokemon Raptor. He's clearly BEEN THERE already, seeing as he's talking about unfinished games. Do you know how annoying it can get for a game designer to see/hear someone complain about how long it takes to make a game? We can't ALL have demos out within the first month of development, unless you want a bunch of crap-tastic, half-finished, uncreative demos floating around the internet. This stuff takes time, and it gets frustrating when people seem to take that for granted.

And wow, way to butt in when you're new, only been here since May and only made 7 posts...real smooth, since you clearly have all kinds of authority to have an attitude with someone who's been here twice as long as you, so therefore knows a bit more than you, and wasn't even talking to you in the first place, giving you no reason to go all "defender of right" for that other person. I'm sure he's a big boy and can speak for himself. Who died and made you Mod?

Now hush. I grow tired of this tomfoolery lmao.
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:57 AM
thia12
Eternity Mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
Because there IS NO real ANSWER to his question. The Showcase is the most likely place to find finished games here, and the only one that I know of that's finished is Pokemon Raptor. He's clearly BEEN THERE already, seeing as he's talking about unfinished games. Do you know how annoying it can get for a game designer to see/hear someone complain about how long it takes to make a game? We can't ALL have demos out within the first month of development, unless you want a bunch of crap-tastic, half-finished, uncreative demos floating around the internet. This stuff takes time, and it gets frustrating when people seem to take that for granted.

And wow, way to butt in when you're new, only been here since May and only made 7 posts...real smooth, since you clearly have all kinds of authority to have an attitude with someone who's been here twice as long as you, so therefore knows a bit more than you, and wasn't even talking to you in the first place, giving you no reason to go all "defender of right" for that other person. I'm sure he's a big boy and can speak for himself. Who died and made you Mod?

Are you kidding me? He asked a question which easily could've been answered with a nice "I dont know." and yes i do know how annoying it is, and he didnt complain about the amount of time this game would take, open your eyes wise boy. He just asked a general question.

And since im new, im not allowed to ask someone a question? Im so sorry i dont just spam the forum with useless shet to get my authority.
And why are you accusing me of defending him, when you're doing the excact same. I'm sure he's a big boy and can speak for himself. Who died and made you Mod?

Old June 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by thia12 View Post
Are you kidding me? He asked a question which easily could've been answered with a nice "I dont know." and yes i do know how annoying it is, and he didnt complain about the amount of time this game would take, open your eyes wise boy. He just asked a general question.

And since im new, im not allowed to ask someone a question? Im so sorry i dont just spam the forum with useless shet to get my authority.
And why are you accusing me of defending him, when you're doing the excact same. I'm sure he's a big boy and can speak for himself. Who died and made you Mod?

Ok I was in quite a bad mood last night, so I'm gonna type this better before it turns into a flame war and infractions are handed out:

1. No, it's not that you're not allowed to ask a question. It's that when you're new to ANY place, you don't go around giving attitude when you aren't even involved in the conversation, jumping into things.

2. He IS a big boy and CAN stand up for himself. You didn't even need to GIVE attitude. I'm not speaking for Neo-Spriteman, if you didn't notice. I was speaking directly to you. I didn't defend Neo-Spriteman, I gave my opinion on your attitude.

3. You don't HAVE authority, nor do I, so you really can't go around telling people "Why don't YOU answer his question?" The fact that you haven't been here means you don't KNOW anyone here, which is why I said you shouldn't go around giving attitude.

4. I DID read the post carefully. He may not have said it in a complaining way, but the fact that he mentioned it still irks me, and clearly Neo too.

Now if you still have a problem with my reply, PM me about it so we don't get infractions for flaming each other.
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
TheLegendaryMew
Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!

Nature: Gentle
wow i gotta say after reading this it makes me want this game out now :D. Youve done something noone else has done yet. You have totally scrapped the old pokemon system and created a new one. This isnt a bad thing, its totally unique and i think that this hack is going to be the best one thats been brought out. This game will bring about a new age in the world of pokemon hacks and i hope that it will be as good as it sounds. I wish you luck on completing this game and cant wait till its out so that we can play it. Well done with everything youve done so far. Once again it sounds brilliant and im sure that it will be as good as you say it is :D.

Every beginning has an end and every end has a beginning...so are we just going round in an infinite loop?

Waiting for Pokemon X and Y to come out now can't wait :D

Pokemon X and Y forums! Discus!!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdi...d227b721&f=256

Team Fennekin :D
Old June 28th, 2010, 08:33 AM
mr. ck
कुछ मीठा हो जाये

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryMew View Post
wow i gotta say after reading this it makes me want this game out now :D. Youve done something noone else has done yet. You have totally scrapped the old pokemon system and created a new one. This isnt a bad thing, its totally unique and i think that this hack is going to be the best one thats been brought out. This game will bring about a new age in the world of pokemon hacks and i hope that it will be as good as it sounds. I wish you luck on completing this game and cant wait till its out so that we can play it. Well done with everything youve done so far. Once again it sounds brilliant and im sure that it will be as good as you say it :D.
This isn't a hack :/

Secondly, the OP hasn't been active since more than a month. He hasn't posted in this thread for more than 2 months. I think this is dead.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links