The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Old June 18th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Here it is!:
Sinnoh League Third Round! Barry VS Paul!
What do ya think?
Im suprised its the third round already O.O

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Piano Man
Beginning Trainer

We can assume Ash wins his first battle, right?

I don't care about this one... I don't really like Paul OR Barry that much. But I'd rather see Paul win, because Paul vs. Ash would be a more epic battle I think.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES :DDDDDDD

...I am rather pleased that this battle is happening. But it's too obvious that Barry is going to lose. Hopefully, this'll only make him fanboy harder XD
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
See this is cool...but like that means Barry won't battle Ash. XD I heard people speculating this and I didn't think so. I mean like why could Barry have been the one to trounce Nando and not Ash?
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

At least we have don't have to see Ash and Barry battle again. Those battles have always been really boring. I do wonder how much of this episode will be about the battle.

Since we're at the third round now, can I assume that we'll be getting a couple of two-part episodes soon?
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:54 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I predicted either a

A. Ash V.S Barry would happen

Or

B. Barry V.S paul.

Didn't think Barry would be knocked out so early though.
Any one who isn't Ash in the league will be knocked out early.
Ash has to win agianst Paul this time, he needs to show Paul his skills.
I bet after this, that Barry will loose respect for Paul and root for Ash.
But yah, ovbiously Ash knocks Nando out, poor guy hasn't had a chance.
Nando did better in the Grand Festival LOL. Maybe he should just stick with one thing. Switching back and fourth could be throwing Nando's skills off, than again Wallace says different. The matches I'm looking forward to are, Ash V.S Paul and Ash V.S Conway, why Conway? Cuz we haven't really seen his skills yet, so I'm curious how Conway will do against Ash.
Man I can't wait.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:53 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Paul will win, Barry will lose, for one reason only. Paul vs. Ash.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
chimchar8
Oshawott RULEZ!!! :D

Nature: Brave
We dont really know if paul will face ash after barry why he could go against conway and then ash. when that hapens ash will win against paul for sure and it should be 2 parter. however we should see all of barry's pokemon yet where not even close to the finals yet Oh no please please with a cherry on top make ash win this pokemon league for ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Holy crap, I swear I will laugh mother****ing hard if Barry wins.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:54 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchar8 View Post
We dont really know if paul will face ash after barry why he could go against conway and then ash. when that hapens ash will win against paul for sure and it should be 2 parter. however we should see all of barry's pokemon yet where not even close to the finals yet Oh no please please with a cherry on top make ash win this pokemon league for ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no, Paul def won't face Ash right away.
I assume hey'll Ash will go against Conway afterwards.
Than Ash will knock Paul out, than whoever has that legendary Pokemon will win against Ash.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:50 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

I would love to see Conway again, because he is a good character. I wonder which pokemon, besides Slowking, that Conway has.
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
Paul will win, Barry will lose, for one reason only. Paul vs. Ash.
This. Not to mention that even though I hate Paul, he'd be able to kick Barry's ass anywhere.
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlalieX View Post
This. Not to mention that even though I hate Paul, he'd be able to kick Barry's ass anywhere.
Agreed, but I mean it takes away from Barry's status as a rival if he is the one to lose to Paul first. I mean Conway and Nando were suppose to be canon fodder (yes that was an intential pun), so wouldn't it make more sense for like Nando VS Paul rather than Ash VS Nando? This is for everyone to answer.
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

A lot of people probably hate Paul. I wonder what Team Rocket is going to do now while the tournament is going on. Sell bottlecaps? Become a food vendor?
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:15 PM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlover493 View Post
A lot of people probably hate Paul. I wonder what Team Rocket is going to do now while the tournament is going on. Sell bottlecaps? Become a food vendor?
They were food vendors at the Hoenn League, so probably that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
Agreed, but I mean it takes away from Barry's status as a rival if he is the one to lose to Paul first. I mean Conway and Nando were suppose to be canon fodder (yes that was an intential pun), so wouldn't it make more sense for like Nando VS Paul rather than Ash VS Nando? This is for everyone to answer.
To be honest, I don't think it matters that much which way it happens. I think it's inevitable that Ash and Paul will end up battling. I don't think Barry's rivalry status is lost if he loses to Paul. Either Nando vs. Paul or Ash vs Nando works for me. I'm rather easy to please, I suppose.
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47
Holy crap, I swear I will laugh mother****ing hard if Barry wins.
Ruining somthing that has taken about 4-years to create is not a joke my good sir. It's srs bsns. I'd laugh too but that's besides the point I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlalieX
I don't think Barry's rivalry status is lost if he loses to Paul. Either Nando vs. Paul or Ash vs Nando works for me. I'm rather easy to please, I suppose. :P
Me neither. I'll just see Barry as the weakest rival Ash has ever had and it's perfectly acceptable in this case since he's going against Paul for some reason.

I kind of hope that Nando's battle (Whoever he's against) will be as good as the battle he had with Zoey (Since some people say it was, like, the best battle in the Grand Festival and all).
Old June 20th, 2010, 08:59 AM
GlalieX
Ruler of Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post

Me neither. I'll just see Barry as the weakest rival Ash has ever had and it's perfectly acceptable in this case since he's going against Paul for some reason.

I kind of hope that Nando's battle (Whoever he's against) will be as good as the battle he had with Zoey (Since some people say it was, like, the best battle in the Grand Festival and all).
In all honest, I don't even view Barry as a rival to Ash. More like an annoying kid who just needs to shut up. (Maybe he'll fine me for that. :o)

Nando's will be good, hopefully.
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlalieX View Post
To be honest, I don't think it matters that much which way it happens. I think it's inevitable that Ash and Paul will end up battling. I don't think Barry's rivalry status is lost if he loses to Paul. Either Nando vs. Paul or Ash vs Nando works for me. I'm rather easy to please, I suppose. :P
Yeah, but there was no real point in making Barry a rival then. XD It's actually worse than with Kenny or Nando being presented as real threats to Dawn. I mean it doesn't seem like there was a point other than promotion for adding Barry at all if he was going to lose to Paul. I mean we have CoTDs for that.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:56 AM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
Well in all honesty I don't see Paul losing at all in the league so he'll win against Barry. If Ash uses some of his reserve pokes which has already kinda been confirmed then maybe he will be able to beat Paul.

All I know is that a can not wait for this league to get started

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

THIS. This extremely surprising news. I will watch the episode. Definetely.

And which round IS this, anyway? If it's a 3 vs 3 I'm baffled. That poor Barry. He doesn't even have a point of being here other than being a Paul fanboy (and maybe promoting DPPt?). Then he gets put on a bus by the SAME PERSON.

Oh well.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Spoiler:
Magazine scans (or something) from over a month ago stated that Ash would face Paul in the finals. Even Bulbapedia reported it. It's been common knowledge that it will be Ash vs Paul in the finals.

A lot of people believe this is how they will phase Ash out of the anime. Have him win and decide to stop journeying to train to fight the elite 4.

I personally can't see him losing, as it'd send the wrong message to the children. Treating your pokemon (friends) like crap will make you win things, yep, best message ever to do. In past losses, it could be seen as "Paul trained harder, so practice made perfect" but now Ash has a bond with his Pokemon, so if he lost, it'd be screwing over a 4 year old build up.

The post in spoilers is something that was revealed months ago (before Dawn vs Zoey was) that I'm surprised no one here has apparently seen.

Anyway, I truthfully am liking it's Barry vs Paul. I'd rather that and Nando vs Ash than any other combo. Nando didn't go against Dawn, I'm glad he's going against someone on the main characters.

Last edited by Myzou; June 22nd, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links