The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
Swimmer Ryan
Training Water Types Since '99

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
the mew/pikachu cross is a pretty naff idea, sorry to say. Hybrid pokemon are made just for a laugh, not for actual games.
I like the idea of Mikachu. If you don't then just don't play it.

HACKS I SUPPORT

[/URL]

Old March 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Splash
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
cool i have played this and it was pretty cool...
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Opalescent
Ninja Mapper

Nature: Quirky
Hmmm none too shabby. Mikachu??.... Alrighty... Rather have me Torchic but okee dokee. Looking pretty snazzy on the whole.

Edit: Mikachu is too cute I've decided, and I love it!

Last edited by Opalescent; March 29th, 2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: New info
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
I don't know why but I don't like Mikachu. Btw. You should update some screenshot so people can see how is going your work. It is your hack, so can make any way you like but please think about people are they like your story. I don't likd mikachu but thats not mean I hate your hack. I really like it. Keep it up. I am waiting for new beta for play.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
emilian_gaara
Beginning Trainer

how to get vankret pass??? help
Old April 18th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Mikachu Is awesome :D

That was a great idea
you did there
keep it up
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:36 PM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter

This is, what, the fourth time I've tried to do this? I really should save my posts to a text document...

Anyways, it's mailbag and update time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer Ryan View Post
The screenshots are nice, I'd defiantly want to see more, the only problem I have is with the title screen, the font just doesn't look good.
I really don't know what font FR's title screen uses. If anybody could help me out, it would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simdu68 View Post
it seems you haven't done much in your hack......have you got no maps of the game? because i don't want to download it if its not yet finished or far enough........
B2 goes up to the 4th town, Klindor City. B3 will go double that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
Look very nice i like it...i played it and are a very nice hack for your free time...
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightSlei View Post
Well I finished my replay through of it.

Hope you enjoy.

Diego: If I take something down it means I plan to re-do it because I am confident I can do better.
I really enjoy watching people play though my game. Although, looking back on it, B2 was really crummy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by effigia777 View Post
dude, how do you justify calling this a beta 2? at this rate you'll be up to beta 37 before we have the full game! still, it may only be one town but it was really good. i like the mew/pikachu hybrid.
Yeah, B3 should go double what B2 went. Thanks for the encouragement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
i can't download it. it just comes up random letters when i click the link
I don't know what's up with your browser. Everyone else can download it just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
I've never got around to commenting on this before, so i'll do it now.

From the screens, it looks quite good, however, there's not very much to go by.
From the Hacks Showcase forum rules, this shouldn't even be in the Hacks Showcase, as it doesn't have 10 screens, or "signifigant progress"...
But, I've played the previous SO(Before the restart) and it was amazing.
I'll play the beta now, and, good luck!
Yeah, I know that I don't have enough screens yet. Don't worry, I'm updating them this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
the mew/pikachu cross is a pretty naff idea, sorry to say. Hybrid pokemon are made just for a laugh, not for actual games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer Ryan View Post
I like the idea of Mikachu. If you don't then just don't play it.
I agree with Swimmer Ryan. Nobody forces you to play hacks, or video games for that matter. If you don't like Mikachu, then just go to some other, less Fakemon thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medoshichi View Post
cool i have played this and it was pretty cool...
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalescent View Post
Hmmm none too shabby. Mikachu??.... Alrighty... Rather have me Torchic but okee dokee. Looking pretty snazzy on the whole.

Edit: Mikachu is too cute I've decided, and I love it!
Thanks for all the compliments, everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
I don't know why but I don't like Mikachu. Btw. You should update some screenshot so people can see how is going your work. It is your hack, so can make any way you like but please think about people are they like your story. I don't likd mikachu but thats not mean I hate your hack. I really like it. Keep it up. I am waiting for new beta for play.
Again, thanks for your replies. Like I said earlier, I'm updating the screenshots soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilian_gaara View Post
how to get vankret pass??? help
You can get the Vantrek Pass by talking to the "nerd" in the Pokémon Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Mikachu Is awesome :D

That was a great idea
you did there
keep it up
Thanks!

Finally, here come the updates!
Updates - 4/19/2010

Guess what? For those who didn't hear it the first time, Shining Opal is currently undergoing a HUGE revamp. This means:
  • Non-cheesy events
  • Better graphics and tiles
  • New music
  • New characters
  • New title screen
  • Better, less square maps
  • A fresh, clean storyline
Not only that, progress has been going along at an extremely fast pace!
  • Lake Zigger finished and done with!
  • Route 1 finished and done with!
  • Vantrek Pass (the new area) finished and done with!
  • Vantrek City is currently being worked on!
I'm extremely sorry that I haven't been releasing updates! I really wanted to get a lot of work done before the public showing (and my post keeps getting deleted).

Now, finally, here are the screenshots!

By the way, the Team Rocket images are just temporary.
Respond with what you like and don't like, and respond fast!

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; April 19th, 2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: lol... accidentally hit "post" instead of "preview"
Old April 19th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Wow! Cool, looking title screen. Are you looking for someone to beta test this? I'd be more then glad to do it.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
Fire Blazer
Gomu Gomu no...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Fire Blazer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fire Blazer
w00t! Updates!

The maps look refreshing and as Konekodemon said the title screen is nice.

I'm ready for Mikachu!
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
bobman1234
Honorary hobo caterpie

Location: Um...Um..Um...Let me think about this one. Dang, I forgot!
Nature: Bold
I really like this hack, but when the intro is over, the little message that is right before the start screen is glitched up, but it does not effect anything. Btw, I love the edited music, especially this intro music, keep it going! Hey when I was in the first route looking for pokemon, I was pressing the space bar to speed up, I found one but my game just crashed, can you please fix that bug?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=85340&page=75 Pokemon Prism
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579 Pokemon Rijon Advntures
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

Last edited by bobman1234; April 27th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Game crashed
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Kozoi
Mmmmm.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
can you please fix that bug?
> Caterpie avatar.
LOLOLAOALAOALAKPAKAPFKDFPK.

This is a really good hack. I've completed the beta three times now and I am looking forward to the next update. So many things about the hack just click into place and make it a enjoyable hack - probably one of the best on PC. It's too bad that it's so early in production, or I would really consider a recorded play-through of it.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Klofkac
He's back!

Quote:
Updates - 4/19/2010
Hello, I'd like to play your updated version of Pokémon Shining Opal, but I can't find the download anywhere. On the first page there is only old version.
Where I can find it? And have you ever released the download for the newest big update?
Anyways, your hack looks very good, I'm looking forward to playing it.

I AM BACK!
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Nature: Relaxed
Omg! i love it,more than the older style of the hack.Really awesome combinations,tiles and sprites,very good pallets and all are good.Waiting the new release.

PS: Your name is Diego?

||||
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Awesome. I remember playing you hack a long time ago. I was really disapointed when it ended so quickly. I hope the next release will be very soon cuz i want to play forever!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Hey Diego, I really liked your hack. I think every one who disliked Mikachu is crazy, I personally loved it. I was just wondering how you are progressing on the hack, I really don't wanna see this die. =]
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
solspear
PKMN Trainer Kame

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solspear
i like the mewpikachu fakemon :D nice work on this!
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Caecilius_CP
Beginning Trainer

Guess what? I actually know the creator of the game IN PERSON. Play this game, it rules.

...Oh wait, that's beta 3. Beta two is still good I guess. But beta 3 will kick beta two's butt. Trust me.

Last edited by Caecilius_CP; May 29th, 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling fail
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Lake Zigger's looking good, but the bridge tile looks somewhat messed up.
Well good luck!
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Hey Diego, how's the hack coming along? I mean I really hope this doesn't get canceled, your hack was one of the main reasons I joined PokeCommunity. Also, I was wondering if I could help anyway at all. I'm not to go at mapping but I just started and if you need any help I'll try. If you need any ideas I could certainly help. Also, I was wondering if I could beta test. I really like your graphics, especially Lake Zigger, I like the idea of Mikachu, and I think your presenting your hack really nicely. Well, Good luck!
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Guess what? I'm still alive, and here to bring you more updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Wow! Cool, looking title screen. Are you looking for someone to beta test this? I'd be more then glad to do it.
Sure! In fact, read later on into this post for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Blazer View Post
w00t! Updates!

The maps look refreshing and as Konekodemon said the title screen is nice.

I'm ready for Mikachu!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman1234 View Post
I really like this hack, but when the intro is over, the little message that is right before the start screen is glitched up, but it does not effect anything. Btw, I love the edited music, especially this intro music, keep it going! Hey when I was in the first route looking for pokemon, I was pressing the space bar to speed up, I found one but my game just crashed, can you please fix that bug?
I don't know about the first glitch (probably left over from crappy overwriting of vital data) but the second one was caused by a Pokémon's messed up battle sprite (I believe it was Sentret).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozoi View Post
> Caterpie avatar.
LOLOLAOALAOALAKPAKAPFKDFPK.

This is a really good hack. I've completed the beta three times now and I am looking forward to the next update. So many things about the hack just click into place and make it a enjoyable hack - probably one of the best on PC. It's too bad that it's so early in production, or I would really consider a recorded play-through of it.
Wow, three times? O_o You must really be crazy about my game. :D
Don't worry, because once B3 is finished and released, it'll be more than double the length of the current one (hopefully making it more walkthrough-worthy).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klofkac View Post
Hello, I'd like to play your updated version of Pokémon Shining Opal, but I can't find the download anywhere. On the first page there is only old version.
Where I can find it? And have you ever released the download for the newest big update?
Anyways, your hack looks very good, I'm looking forward to playing it.
If you're asking about B3, it won't be out for a LONG while. (But be sure to look out for the B2 Redux soon!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
Omg! i love it,more than the older style of the hack.Really awesome combinations,tiles and sprites,very good pallets and all are good.Waiting the new release.

PS: Your name is Diego?
Thanks a lot. Most tiles were made/ripped/inserted/found by Full Metal, thank him. :D
And, yes, if you hadn't found out already, it is. Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Awesome. I remember playing you hack a long time ago. I was really disapointed when it ended so quickly. I hope the next release will be very soon cuz i want to play forever!
I was also disappointed. XD And the next "release" will be coming soon (as soon as I get that new PC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwilliams24 View Post
Hey Diego, I really liked your hack. I think every one who disliked Mikachu is crazy, I personally loved it. I was just wondering how you are progressing on the hack, I really don't wanna see this die. =]
Well, I'm guessing that today's updates are exactly what you wanted then, huh?
And no, SO is still being worked on (although extremely sparingly, because my PC is getting BSODs every hour or so even after a system restore/format, and my parents still haven't bought me a new PC yet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by solspear View Post
i like the mewpikachu fakemon nice work on this!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecilius_CP View Post
Guess what? I actually know the creator of the game IN PERSON. Play this game, it rules.

...Oh wait, that's beta 3. Beta two is still good I guess. But beta 3 will kick beta two's butt. Trust me.
Thanks for finally getting an account and posting on here, Frank!
And yes, we DO know each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Lake Zigger's looking good, but the bridge tile looks somewhat messed up.
Well good luck!
...What do you mean about the bridge tile? Please elaborate.
Thanks for the criticism, though.
Quote:
Hey Diego, how's the hack coming along? I mean I really hope this doesn't get canceled, your hack was one of the main reasons I joined PokeCommunity. Also, I was wondering if I could help anyway at all. I'm not to go at mapping but I just started and if you need any help I'll try. If you need any ideas I could certainly help. Also, I was wondering if I could beta test. I really like your graphics, especially Lake Zigger, I like the idea of Mikachu, and I think your presenting your hack really nicely. Well, Good luck!
Now HERE is the long message that got me to finally start work on this post, even with all the blue screens.
But, really? You joined PC just for SO? :') That just about proves how much people care about my hack (which is awesome)! Sure, you can beta test. Like I said to Konekodemon, just read on for more info on that.

Thanks for the wakeup call, everybody! Here are the long-awaited updates!

Updates - 4/21/2010

The revamp of the areas found in B2 are around 50% done, with Vantrek City being about 98% done! Sorry it's not closer than that, but numerous glitches with my computer (this post has had to have been restarted about, maybe, 10 times) have stopped me from working much. Now, though, I'm getting a new computer!!!!
Awesome, right?

By the way, B3 Alpha (Preview) is ready to be beta-tested! Testers, please PM me your email address (and some proof that you work for my team, be it in link form or referencing back to an old VM or PM, but no copy/paste of conversations) for me to give you a link to the ~48% done B3 Alpha (AKA B2 Redux)!

How about I not keep you away from the screenshots any longer, and just show them to you now? Would you like that?

Tell me a change that I made throughout the course of taking this set of screenshots and you win a... cookie.
Anyways, tell me your opinions on the new updates!

My other resources:
My Website

Last edited by diegoisawesome; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
tjwilliams24
Gone.

Awee shucks, you made the post just cuz of me? But, I love the screenshots. I'm just wondering, is that a tile error in screenshot #4? The stairs seem kinda wierd on the left side. But, about that beta testing, could I? I'll just fill out the usual form.

Name: tjwilliams24 , Tucker
Position: Beta Tester, Ideas
Past Experience: Testing for Pokemon Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, and going to be testing for a lot of more hacks when readily available.
Time online: A lot of the time, since it's summer =]

It's good to see that your back and getting a new computer =D
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:01 PM
diegoisawesome
Community Supporter

Quote:
Awee shucks, you made the post just cuz of me? But, I love the screenshots. I'm just wondering, is that a tile error in screenshot #4? The stairs seem kinda wierd on the left side. But, about that beta testing, could I? I'll just fill out the usual form.

Name: tjwilliams24 , Tucker
Position: Beta Tester, Ideas
Past Experience: Testing for Pokemon Destiny by vietazn, Pokemon Ultimate Quest by Nikolai Fox, and going to be testing for a lot of more hacks when readily available.
Time online: A lot of the time, since it's summer =]

It's good to see that your back and getting a new computer =D
Note: I will not do responses like this unless you are signing up, otherwise you'll get your response in the mailbag (whenever I have the time to make it).
tjwilliams24, you are Accepted for the position of Beta Tester. There will be no more Beta Testers as we already have plenty.

My other resources:
My Website
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:03 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Hmm... the updates and the scripts are great, but
you should remove the hat for the Hero.
It will be better, because it'll be turned into a new OW then.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; June 24th, 2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Stupid grammar mistakes... D:<
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I like the new tiles that you've chosen and I look forward to playing the new beta, because the old one was satisfying.
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
Yes the old beta made me want to do a video playthrough but I was dissapointed when it ended so fast. So can we download the new beta already or do we still have to wait?

Sponsored Links