The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I always found it strange why a man can go topless in public but a woman cannot.

I remember being told it is because a female's topless body is sexually attractive to men and society wants to mitigate this in public so children and such aren't offended.

Well woman can also be sexually attracted to a man's topless body so that logic seems moot to me.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
RTHookers
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
Women already go with those tight crap...

...Topless, eh?..............................................................................................................................HOLY-^%$^%54.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
no. i dont wanna show my body in public like that

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Throat
Oldschool pokemon

Nature: Bold
Yes, also, I think everyone should have the right to go out naked.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Kishijoten
Live. Play. Survive!
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kishijoten Send a message via Yahoo to Kishijoten
That'll never happen in a million years. Why? for one, it'll attract a ton of perverts young and old. And two, it's just wrong.

>Current happiness level<
Low/Somewhat happy/Maxed out
My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4943-3337-1645
Art by: Midori Chi
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Zebeedoo
asdfghjkl
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Jolly
Well, I think they should be... because they do on beaches and that's a public place with children about? xD; As long as they have a bra on then I see nothing wrong with it to be honest. P:

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Being a libertarian, I don't see why not.

As for why they can't go topless in America, that goes back to the country's puritanical roots.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Bras are like swimsuits except we can't go swimming in them, I say. Like one said above, we're allowed to wear swimsuits in publics places like beaches when they're kids, so I don't see why it's too much of a problem, as long as one is wearing a bra.

I myself want to go out in just a sports bra because it's so hot outside sometimes. :U
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Bras are like swimsuits except we can't go swimming in them, I say. Like one said above, we're allowed to wear swimsuits in publics places like beaches when they're kids, so I don't see why it's too much of a problem, as long as one is wearing a bra.

I myself want to go out in just a sports bra because it's so hot outside sometimes. :U
That in itself is perfectly legal as far as I'm aware. The core of the issue is going completely topless, without a bra or something similar covering your breasts, which is not permitted for women, but is legal for men. That's what I think the OP was getting at.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
abnegation

I don't even think men should be allowed go around topless we'll say, in town or cities, on main streets, I find it pretty off putting. But in beaches, parks and certain other recreational areas people should be allowed to. Women are allowed to go topless on beaches at least, I'm not sure about other places, but I honestly don't think it's that big an issue.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Lunyka
Pokemon Breeder

It depends on society and the FCC. The FCC blocks tits in most movies and TV shows so the FCC basically creates what falls under the law of indecent exposure.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
It's disgusting on the wrong people. Some sweaty fat man passed me by the other day and I had to turn away. Even on a woman it could be potentially bleugh from my point of view. But hey, if you can pull it off and you wanna go around topless, I will most certainly not be standing in your way.

Well, figuratively speaking.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Rokusasu
Scientist Salarian

Nature: Quirky
I don't know why, but heck, people kick off when a woman breastfeeds in public, no matter how discreet she is.

I agree with the point that being topless for anyone should be restricted to around recreational areas. The worst thing is when you're sitting in a cafe or something and some sweaty person walks by... Puts you right off your food. >:

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Well i honestly think that they should be aloud to since it makes nearly no difference to when men do it. And to be honest lets face it, its going to be very unlikely that any woman is going to go outside topless.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Ivysaur
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throat View Post
Yes, also, I think everyone should have the right to go out naked.
This. As far as I know, it is legal here. I never understood why showing the human body is so horrible for some people. It's not like you aren't ever going to see your parents naked, even just when getting out of the shower or something.

Being naked is just... the most natural thing for any living being. Except us. But I don't see why somebody willing to break a social convention should be legally punished for that.

Mario | A mí nadie me dijo de vos
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Eurydice
`~♥Eury♥~'

Nature: Quiet
no. i dont think anyone should be able to go topless. you just dont need to show off your body to everyone. but people already kinda are with the revealing/tight clothes they wear.

Pair
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Kon~
Follow your dream to the end ~

Nature: Hasty
I don't think anyone should go topless in certain places. It's fine for all people to be topless on beaches, and men are somehow allowed to be topless pretty much anywhere, but it's kinda wierd when you're in a café or something and a topless guy comes in... like has been said, it's offputting. :/

"You want to look up at the sky and always see the stars." ~ Things You Remember
~~
~~
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
shot571

No i dont think they should be allowed. Not sure why though guess its my upbringing. I just think women should cover themselves. On the other hand I dont think men should be allowed to go around topless either.

Your turn bobby
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Jolene
Your huckleberry friend

For men being topless lets them show off their muscles and stuff but for women it makes you feel vulnerable so it is different. That is why it is not allowed.

What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Joliet is the sun!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
ReyRey-Pyon
THREAD KILLER

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Yahoo to ReyRey-Pyon Send a message via Skype™ to ReyRey-Pyon
Yes. probably maybe idk

I don't understand why its considered "Indecent" for a woman to run around topless.
Why is it? Is it the nipples? because men show their nipples all the time and no one gives a crap. its it the fact that women have boobs?

What about fat guys with man boobs? shouldn't that be censored too?
Why do people start freaking out when women breastfeed? I don't understand it at all

know what? instead of women running around topless. how about the men put something on :C
i'd rather we all just put some clothes on instead of a bunch of people running around naked.

we might see people we REALLY do not want to see that much of ._.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Spirit Albarn♫
death scythe★

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spirit Albarn♫
Quote:
Originally Posted by shot571 View Post
No i dont think they should be allowed. Not sure why though guess its my upbringing. I just think women should cover themselves. On the other hand I dont think men should be allowed to go around topless either.

Your turn bobby
I Wonder Who Bobby Is?,
I Personally Think Women Shouldnt Be Allowed to Go Around Topless Due To My religious Upbringing, Buuuuuuuuut, If They Wanna go Around Shaking Their bodonkadunk, Its thier life.

pair - pc family - theme&credit - FC

Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Jolene
Your huckleberry friend

For men it is empowering to be topless but for women it is demeaning you see there is a big difference.

If it was legal for women to be topless then lots of women would be topless, mostly they would be the people who just want attention and stuff and they don't care if men objectify them, but that would damage respect all women because then lots of men would objectify us. You see?

What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Joliet is the sun!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
dithyrambos
PHANTOM girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyRey-Pyon View Post
Yes. probably maybe idk

I don't understand why its considered "Indecent" for a woman to run around topless.
Why is it? Is it the nipples? because men show their nipples all the time and no one gives a crap. its it the fact that women have boobs?

What about fat guys with man boobs? shouldn't that be censored too?
Why do people start freaking out when women breastfeed? I don't understand it at all

know what? instead of women running around topless. how about the men put something on :C
i'd rather we all just put some clothes on instead of a bunch of people running around naked.

we might see people we REALLY do not want to see that much of ._.
Agreed. I was going to say something to the tune of "Yes, I think it should be allowed, but most women (myself included) don't want to be outside topless and thus it would be rare sight even if it were legal." But I quite like the idea of it being illegal for both women and men to be topless in public.

I mean, yeah. I've seen some guys who were lookin' pretty indecent without their shirts on and no one bats an eye, but as soon as a woman pops a breast out to feed her child people are falling all over themselves because they're too busy watching her rather than where they're going.

BLUE ✓ CRYSTAL ✓ EMERALD ✓ PLATINUM ✓ WHITE

Last edited by dithyrambos; June 23rd, 2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Ruin Maniac
Booshka

Nature: Relaxed
If they're fit, then yeah.

If they're saggy, then nah

It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about lag!!!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
EpsilonE
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
Well let me think about this one very carefu-Yes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links