Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page DP182 - 189 Sinnoh League (Japanese Spoilers)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old June 24th, 2010 (08:03 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Proud Gork

Nature: Lax
To completely obliterate the needless "EPISODE TITLE REVEALED!!!" threads, we'll settle for this thread here. Basically, it encompasses discussion for the Shin'ou Conference in Suzuran Island, so that we don't get so many staggered threads about it.

And this may just be the most interesting league yet, methinks. :D I'll make comments about each episode as they come, and I hope you guys bother with doing that too.

Because Japanese episode titles may still spoil, upcoming stuff should be put behind ancient Egyptian spoiler tags.

Chuckie Finster
Dislikes: Clowns
Old June 24th, 2010 (09:09 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Hm, well didnt verkinova delete the japanese episode title sticky so we could discuss episodes in different threads? So are they really needless? XD

Well anyways!
Ive watched dp182 so yeah! I don't really think the areas as good as ever grand city! It looked better and cooler.... but I liked the opening better then the one for hoenn, it had pwetty lights XD

Old June 24th, 2010 (09:18 AM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote originally posted by Mew~:
Hm, well didnt verkinova delete the japanese episode title sticky so we could discuss episodes in different threads? So are they really needless? XD
This is just for the Sinnoh League silly.
Old June 24th, 2010 (09:24 AM).
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Ok... though it seems a little weird... the separate threads are there to talk about the future episodes based on the titles... but by doing this, you want us to spoiler tag everything about future episodes titles... and speculation about said titles?

Meh, too much hassle, I'll stick to not talking bout the anime til after the Sinnoh League arc, XD Just seems like overcomplicating something, but I'm not gonna complain, I'll just abstain. (And I so didn't mean to make that rhyme, I swear)

Old June 24th, 2010 (09:39 AM).
Vernikova

Quote originally posted by Myzou:
Ok... though it seems a little weird... the separate threads are there to talk about the future episodes based on the titles... but by doing this, you want us to spoiler tag everything about future episodes titles... and speculation about said titles?
It would be helpful in case a title like "Final! Dawn vs. Zoey!" would be released while the League was just getting started. Since that title spoiled the suspense during the Grand Festival and it was no surprise that Dawn would make it to the final.
Old June 24th, 2010 (11:24 AM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by Guy.
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Just putting in my thought here, but one thread to discuss the entire Sinnoh League is a lot easier than various threads. Such was done with the Sinnoh Grand Festival and it worked out well. However, if separate threads were to be made, then exposure of leaks from titles shouldn't be a problem. Keep the titles standard. DP 182 [Japanese Spoilers], for example could be done for the thread titles to avoid any spoilers - and if members don't follow it, the moderator of this forum and higher staff have the ability to edit it if they feel the need to.

Anyway, I like it like this, while the other miscellaneous episodes could be discussed in their own threads. Might I suggest though that the existing threads now on the Sinnoh League should just be locked and allow speculation and discussion on the conference continue here. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense having one thread to talk about it all when we have those already.

That said, I will come back to give my review on DP182 once I watch it. I seem to be getting the chance to see it, but when I do something or someone interrupts me. *sigh* I will add first, could this be anymore subtle?

Spoiler:

I guess the writers were more than eager to reveal exactly which "Legendary Pokémon" was going to be used by the supposed "legendary trainer." Maybe?

Spoiler:
Old June 24th, 2010 (01:23 PM).
RicanPKMN87
Beginning Trainer

ok, 1st of all, wats up to every one in da site havent been here in a while, its nice 2 b back. 2nd wat an episode, i wish i could speak japanese. can anyone translate the major conversation, like btw ash and da prof. i wanna kno why hes using his oldies, dont get me wrong i like them too and da preview to 183 is da bomb, heracross, staraptor and quilava, dats two gen pkmn bein put together in a line up. it leads me to think, ash might, im sure hes not gonna win, win da league. i mean now da hes doin this there are so many combinations for da 3 on 3 preliminaries and even stronger for a full fledge battle. wat do u guys think, im amazed. im so happy and proud, it was about time this was done, i mean can any one imagine, sceptile, charizard, pikachu, tauros, squirtle, and staraptor ( dats one of da many possible six pkmn for a battle, well balanced, strong, and a winning team, obviously like i said, there are many combinations, but this one i like) or any of his other major pkmn makin a comeback.

wowwwwwwwww. guys any comments or thoughts, would be appreciated.
Old June 24th, 2010 (01:39 PM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by Vernikova.
Vernikova

I'm going to merge this into the Sinnoh League thread.

Edit:
Spoiler:
The Legendary Trainer's design sucks. It's so plain that it's amazing how uncreative it is. Ew. It's also funny how everyone doesn't seem to care that this guy wearing a t-shirt and a fishing hat has a Heatran.
Old June 24th, 2010 (06:23 PM).
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

LOL Every one meet the new Ritchie.
Any who, I loved the episode that just aired.
I loved seeing BayLeef attack Ash like that soo cute.
The ending was awesome, I loved seeing all of Ash rivals.
Than of coursse Ash V.S Nando bum bum bum.
Hopefully will get one epic battle, from the promo sure as heck looks like it.
FYI They said we'd be getting some new info on the new series next week.
Hopefully some news on who's staying in the main cast cuz these debates over this is driving me crazy. I find it silly how some are even thinking Ash is leaving =/

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:28 PM). Edited June 25th, 2010 by Vernikova.
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
All I have to say is seeing Heatran just randomly confuses me so much. I don't even know what to say.

Review 182:
- Okay cool Suzuran is cool oh WTH is a HEATRAN doing there?!
- Okay the TRio still wants the brats pokemon...seriously does no one notice Heatran?!
- Nice beginning festivities---KOUHEUI!!!<3<3<3
-Wow nice room!~
-I think its creepy if an old man is giving a ten year old *coughsixteenyearsIdon'tcarewhatthewriterssay*cough* flowers >_>
-Yay Old pokemon!
-MUK!!!!! DAISUKI~
- Okay so I decided now, I don't want Takeshi or anyone else leaving...just the TRio...I mean I realized now how much I hate them...so much...
-Plan foiled again.
- Okay time to save the guys.
-Oh wait...they are fine
-TOTODILE AND CORPHISH MATTER!!! XD Snorlax...wow in retrospect he is less of a glutton than May's Munchlax. I missed his Pokemon so much. I really love the guys. Totodile is soooooo cute <33333333333333
-Did...did Kabi-chan just kiss Pikachu...wow Pokemon supports Yaoi...
-Okay 3/5 Found...next we have...
- Really if Bulba and Hera aren't gonna even appearing in the league why show them? Oh yeah to make the fanboys cry XD.
-Why is Hera drinking Professor Oak? Seriously, a Freudian Psychologist would have a field day with this episode.
-Jun too?! Wow this episode is like an early Bday present.
-So the closest thing Jun gets to a final battle with Ash...is being assaulted by Bayleef, dude can't catch a break...
-He wants payment as usual XD
-BAYLEEF---assaults her husband. XD
-Hey its Johto Cyndaquil...you know the one that isn't a DEM baby. XD
-...So Roketto-san has a ridiculously elaborate robot...to catch a weak Pokemon, seriously Giovanni shouldn't fire them, but sue them. >_>
-The worst part is it's failing. xD I know Cynda's thing is speed, but seriously this is just sad.
-Okay so now I get it...the TRio exist to be Ash's targets, nothing more. LOL
-Chainsaw beats Razor Leaf. XD
-I mean Cynda come on...I mean Dawn's would probably PWN the bot, stop being a coward. >_>
-"Hi, my name is Dawn! I have to show that I matter in an episode dedicated to old Pokemon. I matter I really really do!" *CRIES*
-Wow this robot isn't that bad, props guys. ~
-Evolution is...wow well we all knew because of the scan I posted so...
-I love how evolution turns Pokemon Badass...they are first cowering in fear, then evolve in just BAMF out
-My mistake looks like ALL of Team Ash minus like the "being trained" Pokemon are all coming up to Sinnoh.
-Wow Ash not in the torch ceremony. XD
-SHIRONA!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-SHINJI AND NAOSHI!
_skips lecture_

+Preview+
- Staraptor, Quilava, and Hearcross VS Armaldo, Roserade, and Kricketot
-Why did no one believe me when I said he had more Pokemon?
-Anyway good battle ahead and this episode gets a solid 7.5/10

Spoiler:
EDIT 2:
From Monthly TV Guide

「恐怖のトリックルーム!(仮)」

22nd July
DP185 - Trick Room of Terror!
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:43 PM).
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
It would be helpful in case a title like "Final! Dawn vs. Zoey!" would be released while the League was just getting started. Since that title spoiled the suspense during the Grand Festival and it was no surprise that Dawn would make it to the final.
Spoiler:
The final matchup in the sinnoh league was released MONTHS ago... It's Paul vs Ash. Bulbanews confirmed it, as did serebii on those forums. :S

Anyway, for DP183, looks like Heracross, Quilava, and Staraptor vs Kricketune, Armaldo, and Roserade, respectively... hmm.

Only time I'll discuss in this thread, as again, I find it kind've annoying to spoiler tag anything discussing episodes. *shrug*

Old June 24th, 2010 (08:24 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I said I would come back after watching DP182, didn't I? Yeah, I did.

I recently finished watching Ash's reunion with his older Pokémon and might I just say before anything else that this episode pretty much made my night. It had everything you'd probably want in an episode [comedy, character, plot, evolution, training], and more. For one, Team Rocket didn't seem like such a push over. They had pretty decent machinery this time around and was actually funny compared to the many times they've failed at bringing laughter to the audience.

Keeping this short, I liked the ending music they chose from the short training period with Noctowl, Glalie, Torkoal, Donphan, Muk, etc. It was the perfect choice for that moment and the rest of the beginning of the Sinnoh League opening. Which brings me to this: Sinnoh really lights up the skies when it comes to their league. They go all out, I love it.

I can really feel as though this will probably be, if not, the best Pokémon League we've had in the anime to date. Not to mention, we have reserves, Quilava, and just that feeling that this could be Ash's time to winning it all. I don't know what it is, but I feel like people will get what they've been waiting for so long now. I'm pretty much excited for what the rest of the Sinnoh Conference has to hold for its viewers and from the preview of the next episode, Ash is going to have a really well match with Nando.

On another note, I don't see the point in hiding everything in spoilers throughout this thread. We have the (Japense Spoilers) warning in the title itself and those who come to read here come at their own risk. So, I'm pretty much open for leaving this as an open discussion thread where people don't have to hide everything. If anything, you can leave this thread solely for discussion of the Sinnoh League episodes, while allowing various other threads to speculate and discuss other aspects of the conference itself. That's just my opinion on it anyway, to make it easier for everyone.
Old June 25th, 2010 (06:55 AM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Im not too sure thats the ledgendery trainer to be honest... just look at him! Ash hasn't even said one word to him since he got there... im sure that was just a random trainer... though I could easily be wrong... and I remember watching the 12th movie and there was some bad guy in it with a heatran, didnt really seem like it was very ledgendery, maybe the anime doesn't really think its much of a ledgendery pokey!?

Old June 25th, 2010 (07:28 AM).
randomspot555
Advanced Trainer

The guy wearing the fish hat doesn't look like the Heatran's trainer. He seems to be standing behind Glameow or Purugly or whatever it is, just like the other guy is standing behind Luxray.
Old June 25th, 2010 (07:52 AM). Edited June 25th, 2010 by Jorah.
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I didn't even notice the Heatran guy while I was watching o.O

I noticed Bayleef's voice seems *much* cuter this time round. It seems to be the same voice, they just made it cuter XD

I know there are no levels in the anime, but I found this comment funny "Congratulations, Quilava. After nearly ten years, you've finally hit level 14. Bravo!" XD Now that Ash has got some of his old Pokemon back, it really is noticeable how little they used to evolve.

Wow, it seems Nando's going to be getting knocked out quite early o.O Unless there's going to be 3 battles at the start, and the person with the highest points goes through like in the Johto league (can't remember if that was the case for the others). Can't wait ~

I don't get why we're supposed to be using spoilers for a Japanese episode discussion thread? The only people coming here are people wanting to discuss or read about the episode.
Old June 25th, 2010 (08:42 AM). Edited June 25th, 2010 by dayne93.
dayne93
Beginning Trainer

i think it's pretty clear that the fisherman guy is most likely the owner of that heatran. the kid with the blue hair owns the glameow. then if you look at the left, there's another person but he's almost cut off from the picture and he owns the luxray.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
I'm going to make an assumption on who Ash is going to face. If you have seen the preview for his first battle, the guy with the black hat and cloak with the Roserade, Kricketune, etc. Then he's going to face a guy with blue hair (they met him after Ash checked into the Pokemon League. If you saw the episode, then you'll know who it is.)

As said above, Paul and Ash are going to face off, so I'm guessing he'll face Barry (I think that's his name? Striped shirt, yellowish hair).

Then last will be Paul. But, that's only my guess lol.
Old June 25th, 2010 (03:00 PM).
Benjamin510
The King of Typio's!

Nature: Adamant
If you have heard, In one of the new Episodes in Japan, according to Bulbapeadia, Ash's Team in japan has changed to: Pikachu, Heracross, Quillava (Who had evolved in the episode it joins his team) And Staraptor.

What do you think of this new change in Ash's Team? (IN JAPAN PEOPLE)

I think FOUR is suicidal. What was he thinking? At-least we see Quillava again. All of Ash's other fire starters have evolved into there final form. All except of Quillava.

What do you think?

Hall of Quotes
Spoiler:
"WE ALREADY HAVE THAT, IT'S CALLED BULBAPEDIA"
Old June 25th, 2010 (03:05 PM).
Arc
fighting some dungeons
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Benjamin510:
If you have heard, In one of the new Episodes in Japan, according to Bulbapeadia, Ash's Team in japan has changed to: Pikachu, Heracross, Quillava (Who had evolved in the episode it joins his team) And Staraptor.

What do you think of this new change in Ash's Team? (IN JAPAN PEOPLE)

I think FOUR is suicidal. What was he thinking? At-least we see Quillava again. All of Ash's other fire starters have evolved into there final form. All except of Quillava.

What do you think?
He only has four Pokemon for the First Rounds of the Sinnoh League. Since, full 6 on 6 battles don't start until the Top 8 or Semi-Finals.
Old June 25th, 2010 (03:36 PM).
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
How can that puny-lookin guy own a freakin' Heatran???
I think the Legendary trainer (provided there is one) will use that Heatran, but I doubt it'll be that guy. He looks like a Youngster or a Bug Catcher - not the type of trainer who'd capture a Heatran.

Spoiler:

Seeing as the next episode title says that Paul faces Barry, we can safely assume that Ash won't be facing Barry this time around. I like Barry, but they aren't gonna get rid of Paul this early in the tournament. Ash will definitely be the one who beats Paul - every match with him so far has been a loss or draw.
I have a feeling Ash may actually win this one. It's not just his Sinnoh Pokemon - it's most of his Pokemon from the other regions too! And I can't see him losing to Paul. So if it is indeed him and Paul in the final, I say Ash will be the winner.
Old June 25th, 2010 (03:49 PM).
Benjamin510
The King of Typio's!

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Barrage:
He only has four Pokemon for the First Rounds of the Sinnoh League. Since, full 6 on 6 battles don't start until the Top 8 or Semi-Finals.
Wow, This is just some of the stupid rules, that the anime has. Wow, Just wow.

Hall of Quotes
Spoiler:
"WE ALREADY HAVE THAT, IT'S CALLED BULBAPEDIA"
Old June 25th, 2010 (04:03 PM).
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
I don't think it's a stupid rule.

Usually there are 4 or 5 opening rounds in which the main characters usually face random trainers. It needs to be 3 on 3, because then each battle spans about half an episode to a full episode. If it was six on six, every one of these fights would take a full episode at least. If the opening rounds went for like five or six episodes because of this, the whole league thing would get really boring. I like the opening round battles because they are short and sharp but still action-packed and edgy.

This team of Pikachu, Staraptor, Quilava and Heracross is just for the very first battle against Nando. Because Nando is a grass-type user, he picked Staraptor, Quilava and Heracross because of their effectiveness on grass types. It doesn't mean it's his new team for the entire tournament; just that one episode.
Old June 25th, 2010 (04:32 PM). Edited June 25th, 2010 by Vernikova.
Vernikova

This is DP182 correct? Then this should go into the Sinnoh League thread up there.

I'd like to note that if people have questions or criticisms about this thread, they shouldn't post them here. Please direct those to me. Thank you very much.
Old June 27th, 2010 (01:57 AM).
Jmath
*blank*

Send a message via Skype™ to Jmath
Folks, we have found our legendary trainer:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4817/live1277593892780.jpg
Old June 27th, 2010 (04:02 AM).
Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
If that Darkrai is his then I'm seriously going to go into gigglefits. (Legendary trainer. LEGENDARY trainer. Get that...?)

I'm kinda wondering how Trick Room will work (i.e. look like, appear?) in the anime. D:

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old June 27th, 2010 (01:17 PM).
dayne93
Beginning Trainer

is it the guy with the glowing glasses or the guy that is darkened?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links