The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2010 (06:07 AM).
Charaxes
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Here is where you can discuss the series' homage to the surfing films of the 1960s in "Beauty and the Beach."

My review to come forthwith.

For convenience's sake, I'll include the Dogasu Episode comparison:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...nto/ep018.html
Old June 24th, 2010 (07:00 AM). Edited June 24th, 2010 by luf100.
luf100
Team Rocket Grunt

Nature: Quiet
When I watched this episode online, I was freaking shocked when it cut into, what Dogasu puts as "Kojirou's tig ol' bitties" and it all changed to Japanese, because whoever uploaded it tried to put it back together, I guess? I was probably sitting there like :O .

Since I've only ever watched the English dub, I never saw this as a kid, obviously. xD So it was surprising (I know the show is originally Japanese but I wasn't expecting it to change in the middle of an episode). It's a pretty random episode, too. O_o

Old June 24th, 2010 (07:52 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm surprised 4Kids didn't just cut this scene out since the animation is a dead giveaway that this old man is hitting on a pre-teen girl.
4Kids approves paedophilia but not boobies

I've watched the dub version, but I could never be bothered to watch it all the way through in Japanese. I've seen that James in a bikini scene though, and it's both disturbing and hilarious. I actually didn't find this actual episode (in the dub, at least) very enjoyable.

Wow Charaxes, I've just noticed you're 28 now. You're so old...XDD Hehehe
Old June 24th, 2010 (08:49 AM).
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I vaguely remember watching this episode. From memory alone, I can see a missile chasing Team Rocket and that's it really. It must not have been such an enjoyable episode if that's the only thing I remember. I guess this episode is the one that had James's breast super inflate right? I'm thinking of things to say so I guess that there really isn't much to say about this episode.
Old June 24th, 2010 (12:10 PM).
Trap-Eds
Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Nature: Quirky
Ash won the...competition or whatever in this one, and gave his mom a trophy. Or his mom won the trophy...there was something about a trophy at the end. :cer_confused:
:cer_boogie:
Old June 24th, 2010 (02:52 PM).
Vernikova

^ The summary says that it wasn't revealed who won so I guess some who's not Ash or his mom won.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (05:52 AM).
nickstr
Smoochum

Nature: Gentle
Well, I have a theory about who the winner was but its all just speculation and always will be.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (02:37 PM).
Vernikova

^ It'd be interesting to hear your theory. No one knows for sure who won so it doesn't right?
Old July 23rd, 2010 (03:43 PM).
nickstr
Smoochum

Correct but my theory was that its either Misty or Delia but I think the former is more likely given the reaction of the crowd. That is who I personally would have voted for but its my opinion.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (06:49 PM).
Hantsuki
a little wolf inside a girl

Nature: Rash
I used to be confused about that episode when Ash's mom was holding on to the trophy and I thought, "Wait. Did Delia even enter the contest?" But yeah, all you see is Misty, Jessie and James in the Japanese version, and Gary and his fangirls/girlfriends cutting in at the end, so it would be natural to think Misty won and gave the trophy to Delia, but I think it the dub Ash's name is on the trophy and it was to reward him for bravery or something? So I guess that could mean no one was chosen for the beauty contest because it was interrupted, so Ash won the trophy for stopping Team Rocket and demonstrating bravery and such.

Anyway, when watching the dub and the Japanese version, it was interesting to see the little changes in Gary's lines. He always calls Ash a loser in the dub and in the Japanese version, Gary (or Shigeru, rather) tries to show off his "girlfriends" (he calls them girlfriends and not fangirls) I guess also meaning that he's the best because he has a lot of girls supporting him. Then it got me thinking that Gary is always trying to get Ash jealous by showing off his girlfriends which kind of justifies some fangirls pairing the two together. Hmm.

If the world we dreamed of exists anywhere,
let's go look for it, beyond the wind.
Icons made by kotae
MAL
Old July 23rd, 2010 (08:39 PM).
prateek203
z

There are many episodes they removed, due to children.

Old July 23rd, 2010 (10:27 PM).
nickstr
Smoochum

There are only a few in the show's entire history to be removed. The English dub removed ones I can recall are The Legend of Dratini and The Ice Cave. There are only two to be removed internationally and its Electric Soldier Porygon and this one Advanced Generation episode involving an earthquake. Other than that the majority of the series has been dubbed albeit with some minor cuts here and there.
Old July 23rd, 2010 (10:49 PM).
prateek203
z

Check out:

http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Banned_episodes

There's the list.

Old July 23rd, 2010 (11:14 PM).
nickstr
Smoochum

I would not consider Beauty and the Beach banned though given it did get an English dub. The sad thing is though if it were not for recordings from TV (of normally poor quality) this episode's English dub would be lost most likely. I want to own this on DVD as its one of my favorites but it never got a release because it was a one shot and I don't think Turner got the master and thus can't pass anything off to Viz for duplication.
Old July 24th, 2010 (01:55 AM).
prateek203
z

I don't know about that as I haven't seen it, but my point was that there are not only a few shows removed.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links