The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
1st July
DP183 - Opening! Sinnoh League - Suzuran Tournament!!

「開幕!シンオウリーグ・スズラン大会!!」

What do you guys think?

Old June 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Semidos
Misty Fan Forever

Nature: Calm
Cool. That was as I expected. There was no reason to make more fillers before League.
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

So it's finally time for the Sinnoh League to start. And it took us about four years to finally get here I think. Hopefully there are going to be some pretty good battles in this one since we all know Ash isn't going to win. Again.
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

I bet 5 bucks he's not going to win. Again.

The matter now is WHO IS GOING TO DO IT? I hope it's Paul, but it's impossible as his loss is obvious.
...maybe some filler dude with new gen Pokemon? AGAIN? -__-
Old June 7th, 2010, 04:19 PM
BlazingShadow
Stealth God

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to BlazingShadow
Wow its finally here the Pokemon League !
Old June 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Vernikova

I'm always surprised about how excited I get every time the Pokémon League comes around. I guess it's because I know the next journey is about to begin and I always get my hopes up that the writers are going to get even better and possibly even let Ash win one. It never happens so I always do wonder why.

Anyway, I wonder if Name-Son will be the trainer with the legendary Pokémon that is supposedly in this league. It would at least give a good reason as to why Ash would lose this time around. Speaking of which, I hope that when this comes out in English, the dubbers decide not to name the rival Name-son.
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
From what I see, a ____son will not appear here. I mean, c'mon now, they've been pitching new people this time around in the various arcs, namely Nando, Barry, Conway, and of course, Paul. To introduce a ____son who ends up being better than them would just leave a rather bitter aftertaste.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:56 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I'm sooo excited for this.
I love the league arc the best.
With Conway/Barry/Nando/Paul entering and being Ash rivals, this one will surley be the best league yet.
I mainly can't wait for the Ash V.S Paul battle.
Come on, how many of us can't wait for Ash to cream Paul?

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura
From what I see, a ____son will not appear here. I mean, c'mon now, they've been pitching new people this time around in the various arcs, namely Nando, Barry, Conway, and of course, Paul. To introduce a ____son who ends up being better than them would just leave a rather bitter aftertaste.
Do you seriously expect any of them to beat Ash? Paul won't and I doubt they'll have Barry or Nando, I expect at least one of these two to lose to Paul.
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

For all we know, Paul will get to the top of the tournament bracket and then either beat or lose to him. I mean hey, it happened to Dawn.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:06 AM
xDaisuke0
Aspiring Professor

Nature: Lonely
Ash should win... Just this once? :3
I mean c'mon, he's had 4 regions of experience now and 32 badges?
I think Pikachu is level Infinity now and it's time for him to win!
But I do think i'll be watching it this time round, I missed a LOT of episodes and have disliked the new episodes but the League episodes will always be interesting so yay :D
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura
For all we know, Paul will get to the top of the tournament bracket and then either beat or lose to him. I mean hey, it happened to Dawn.
True. I figure that he'll battle Paul and win into the Final Four where he'll lose to some trainer (The legendary owner). The writers are don't seem like they'll ever let a main character win their respective tournament.

Last edited by Vernikova; June 9th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Chary
Yeah-Hah!

Nature: Adamant
All I can say is I seriously think that Ash will completly defeat Paul...then Ash will be defeated by a guy with some sorta final evolution of the 5th Gen starter....>.<

Maybe they will let him win...I mean, he won the Orange Island cup, and the Frontier!
Old June 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
spike6958
Actor in Training

Nature: Brave
I think Ash will win it this time, I mean he's been in 3 Leagues before this and gets closer each time, and he has beaten the Orange League and the Battle Frontier, it's about time he won one, also I think this will be Ash's last series, Nintendo wants to reboot Pokemon to attract an older audience, and we all know one of the biggest reasons people think Pokemon is childish because of the Anime, so to get rid of Ash (Brock and Dawn are confirmed to be leaving) and start fresh with a more mature theme might really help with that reboot, either way I'm looking forward to the new league and I hope Ash wins for once.
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:48 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

I have a weird feeling that Paul will cream Barry, because Barry idolizes Paul, as said in one episode.
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
Huh. Was Conway entering? I didn't hear anything about it till now, but oh well. He's a pretty good character so seeing him again wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yeah, I think Paul will beat Barry as well. Or maybe Nando?
I reckon Ash will make it to the semi-finals or so, and then lose to someone who goes on to win the whole thing.

The battles should be awesome. I loved the Hoenn League battles - they were really action-packed episodes.
And five bucks says Team Rocket will be selling 'official' Pokemon League bottle caps or something.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Vistz
Pokemon Partisan

Nature: Calm
It's about time. Though I'm a bit disappointed that the dubbed episode won't air until at least 6 months from now.
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:21 AM
rainn
Beginning Trainer

I am also waiting for eagerly.I can understand you
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM
cystar
Favorite Pokemon is Politoed

barry is gunna beat paul im calling it
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:00 AM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Nature: Adamant
I've been waiting so long for this as i'm sure everyone has All i can say is that is going to be awesome... bring on the rematch between ash and paul

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:47 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Here is what I found out:
Ash vs. Nando
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Eternal Nightmare
Stunningly Handsome

Send a message via Yahoo to Eternal Nightmare
Well I'm pretty excited and the first match is Ash vs Nando...Nando is going to lose sadly. Ash has never lost this close into the league. I get the feeling Barry and Paul will battle with Paul ultimatly the victor. Ash will also maybe battle Conway and I'm sure that victory right there. I'm getting the feeling that Paul will be knocked out by this legendary trainer and the same will happen to Ash. We will just wait and see but this league should be fairly exciting...and isn't this like the only season were Ash actuall have fully evolved pokemon except Buizel and Pikachu?
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightmare View Post
Well I'm pretty excited and the first match is Ash vs Nando...Nando is going to lose sadly. Ash has never lost this close into the league. I get the feeling Barry and Paul will battle with Paul ultimatly the victor. Ash will also maybe battle Conway and I'm sure that victory right there. I'm getting the feeling that Paul will be knocked out by this legendary trainer and the same will happen to Ash. We will just wait and see but this league should be fairly exciting...and isn't this like the only season were Ash actuall have fully evolved pokemon except Buizel and Pikachu?
Spoiler:
Bulbapedia said that it is confirmed that both Paul and Ash will face off in the finals. I think that wither Ash or Paul will have to go against the legendary trainer and win.

The big question I have is if they will show Ash up against the Elite 4 should he win the Sinnoh League? If they did (which would be pretty sweet especially since Lucian said right after he wins he'll face off against Ash) I think he'll win, go up and make his way to Cynthia and lose or tie with her.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links