Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewebsites View Post
ugg... I spent over 5 MINUTES trying to figure out what you meant by 6/7/10 because 6/7/10 had already passed in america! I figured that the demo was late but then after June 7 you posted saying it would be out on June 7 so I was like... OMG and then I figured out that the first two were flipped. I was definitely upset. But that's okay as long as I get a demo sometime.
YEAH!!! I live in Montreal so I was really confused!

Old June 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
Teaser screen!

A little teaser of a previously unrevealed city, Shrent. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to get this city's look right, I went through five different versions and none of them looked good, even Wind Gale (the mapper) couldn't get it right. So finally, it's finished and ready for the demo in a couple of weeks.

Two things to be noted in this screen; the first is the water, it's now a green blue colour instead of just blue. I posted this on deviantART and it's 50/50 blue/green. What do you think?

---------------------------------------
Comments:

@Alpog: RMXP is a massively more advanced system for game developing than hacking half a decade old games will ever be. For a start, you have practically no data restrictions. You can have any resolution you want, custom scripts like a dual screen, 3d or real time battles. And,
at least in the final version, the game will have battle animations. I don't really understand how you "extremely dislike this game maker", when you seemingly know nothing about it.

@brokenxnote: I knew this would happen, I should have just made the big 6/7/10 in words. Although it does say that in the first sentence below. They just want to do everything the opposite of the UK xD

@shadowtogepi: Haha, it's a late birthday present!

@Insane85: Yep. Thank you.

@jim42: Thanks. The trees are blue due to a special event; I won't spoil it though, you'll just have to play the demo! Long live XENOTIME xD

@Pichichu: Hey. You should join, it's really good. We actually started a competition a few months ago for a person to guess where it is. The winner would get their own side quest. Go back a few pages to see how it turned out. And it's not Sussex or Essex.

@uskelly: Thank you. The lava 'mon side quest is going to be like none before in the main games.

@Le Creep!: Now now, that's pretty close to swearing. I am too, I'll send you a VM on the sixth to remind you.

@venom12: Thanks, it's really getting its momentum up. Thanks agaiin, good luck wih your game too!

@phosphate5: Only two weeks to wait now.

@Starrmyt: Good, it's going to schedule so not long now.

@pokewebsites: How could you spend that long, it clearly says the sixth of july in the first sentence, and my location says Great Britain.

@pikarich: I can't, it's going to be released on the one year anniversary of when the project started. You mean to say: If only we'd started a day later xD

@tylerab01: Oh cool, you got the quarter a thousand post. And you posted that a few seconds before the update, strange xD

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; June 22nd, 2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Updating screen
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

wait, do you mean July,6th?
Because its June 21st right now in the States.
pocket monster trainer
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarich View Post
Peeky, can you change it so it says July 7th?
*sigh*
yeah...theres been like 7 of us that got excited for a second and then let down when we realized it meant july 6th, not june 7th o.o;;; lol
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Damn, this is confusing me! I meant to say July 6th!!

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:56 AM
mackoo
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Update:
Teaser screen!

Tiles look really good, but you shouldn't been placing cliffs in straight lines, it doesn't look natural.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
chillj
Not active anymore.

Nature: Relaxed
This game looks great! You guys are doing great! I can't wait for it to be finished.
EDIT: Whoa! On a previous page, my name is in a screenshot! (Must be a coincidince.)
I play videogames! Do I need to say anything else? Eh... pancakes!

Last edited by chillj; June 22nd, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old June 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Alpog
Smokemon

Quote:
@Alpog: RMXP is a massively more advanced system for game developing than hacking half a decade old games will ever be. For a start, you have practically no data restrictions. You can have any resolution you want, custom scripts like a dual screen, 3d or real time battles. And, at least in the final version, the game will have battle animations. I don't really understand how you "extremely dislike this game maker", when you seemingly know nothing about it.
Ah okay, sorry about that. i've tried it a couple of times (games that have been made in it) and just disliked the gameplay. If Xenotime will not be like the others ive played, then hooray! I will be happy to put July 6th in my diary ;D
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:

@shadowtogepi: Haha, it's a late birthday present!
Well, I hope it's a good one! ha ha ha
depression makes me sad...
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Tilley
Beginning Trainer

Hii~

I'm kind of new to the whole pokemon rom hacking thing, but I'd love to help!

I can try my hand at pokemon and trainer sprites, and if you see them and say they totally suck, I'd agree. I can help with scripting, maybe some mapping and the demo.

Basically I have general knowledge in all categories, but I'm definitely no expert.
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:41 AM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Hii~

I'm kind of new to the whole pokemon rom hacking thing, but I'd love to help!

I can try my hand at pokemon and trainer sprites, and if you see them and say they totally suck, I'd agree. I can help with scripting, maybe some mapping and the demo.

Basically I have general knowledge in all categories, but I'm definitely no expert.
Well, firstly, this is not a ROM Hack. 'Tis be standalone game made with RPG Maker XP.

Second, it's always better to perfect your skills before asking for a crucial position.
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Kurando
Beginning Trainer

Sorry, I didn't see which Pokemon game this rom will be based off, of. Which one will it be? :D sorry for the question. also it looks really good surprisingly most of the other hacked games look kinda boring.
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
Sorry, I didn't see which Pokemon game this rom will be based off, of. Which one will it be? :D sorry for the question. also it looks really good surprisingly most of the other hacked games look kinda boring.
Its not a ROM based game. Its a scratch game, ROM based games would be found in Emulation, not Game Development.

Old July 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM
Kurando
Beginning Trainer

ah right, thanks..Sorry I don't know these things well. I'm new to these sort of things.
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:56 AM
JakeG
Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!

Nature: Brave
Beautiful mapping and great features, this will turn out a great game.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet
I'm feeling happy. 4 or 5 days to xenotime! 2 to my bday
depression makes me sad...
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Just four days left?

Darn. My pants are feeling warm.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:45 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Yay! 6 days till the demo is released! I'm psyched!

EDIT: Sorry, I meant 5 days.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Electricmudkip
N wins at life.

Nature: Naughty
Do you have sprites for the female main character yet?

Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
chillj
Not active anymore.

Wow, 4 more days until the demo! Too bad my stupid computer is down so I'll have to wait a looong while...like a month (I'm using my DSi to post this...)
I play videogames! Do I need to say anything else? Eh... pancakes!
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Stiwo's rule
ahahahah.... NO, YOU NOT FUNNY

Hi =D
like I said on da, your game is great, and I think I'll surely play the demo! xDD
and... oh, I PMed you with the link of the two maps and the tiles you "asked" me on da xDDD
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

TOMORROW IS THE DOWNLOAD DATE!!!! HURAHHHH

Old July 5th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Gwaponezz
DIE BISSHES!!!

Nature: Calm
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:59 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Yes Tommorow, i have hope that nothing bad happen. Good Luck.
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit because of broken images.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM
tylerab01
Pokemon AquaHarmony

Nothing bad happened I have to start making the 3D cut scenes soon so that Peeky can use them :D

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here