• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zeffy's Tips & Tricks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
0xA is 10 in hex. Hex is different from the regular numbering system because it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F in order. Its difficult to grasp, but basically it is hexadecimal system so it has 15 number/letters to use, so there can be more combinations of numbers/letters, like 1A or 23E or something. So when he put 0xA it was telling it to put Deoxys as level 10 because it recognized A as 10.
Okay, that makes a bit more sense. I'll have to looks into that more so I can understand more of it. Thanks.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, that makes a bit more sense. I'll have to looks into that more so I can understand more of it. Thanks.
You can also make it like this:

givepokemon PKMN_CHINCHOU 34 0 0 0 0

As you can see, I haven't added any "0x" in front of those numbers. That way I didn't make them hex, and the player will actually receive a Chinchou at level 34 with this type of givepokemon. Of course, when you compile the script, all the numbers will go to HEX.

In addition to that, there is also a DEC-HEX calculator built-in XSE.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Eeveeon, you're 16, you (should) have learnt how to work in different bases to 10 (the decimal system). The hexadecimal system is Base 16, where we start replacing extra stuff with letters (A, B, C, D, E and F for hex).

For quick conversion, use the calculator in XSE, just beside the script box. :D

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Nooooooo :\
You don't need to find free space at all!
Just use dynamic 0x800000 always ;)
i didnt even know about offsets so i was always using 0x800000. then i saw the guide in XSE. its funny how people struggle with stuff like that when there are easy ways around:classic:

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2010
i didnt even know about offsets so i was always using 0x800000. then i saw the guide in XSE. its funny how people struggle with stuff like that when there are easy ways around:classic:
lol i know._____________________________

Years
disappear/hidesprite question. I some roms the hidesprite works in other i must use disappear.

Back