• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
I think this will work

(NOTE: I'm not sure about this if this work)
Load rom
Click options
Click emulator
Click save type
Choose 128k (recommended)
Reset

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
Years
Already tried both, does not work for me. It's possible that I just downloaded a bad rom, but I got it from a fairly reliable source.

Years
excited for the release of Beta 3...
by the way, will the beta 3 be the last/final beta???
which means this hack nears its completion???
If yes, then congratulations to all of you! XD

yes the next beta is the complete version, but will have to wait till the whole game is translated if your waiting for the english version, since to my knowledge this hack is a different language.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
just download a bunch of roms and one of them will work. i think i got mine off emuparadise. and no everyone stop posting the same bull about save type because thats not the problem with this game. its just that wesley started working with a somewhat glitchy rom himself thats why alot of people are having this problem. same with pure gold

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2010
look i wanted to know if its going to be available on cydia to download it to my ipod touch because i would really like to play pokemon games where you can catch 4 th generation pokemon without having to buy a Nintendo Ds. Thankyou

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I should answer all questions so you guys can be sure =)
White screen: Download Ruby ROM v1.0. It works ;) If you wanna be sure then download VBA emulator from Wes' website.
Beta 3: Yes it'll be complete version and yes you must wait for translation into English in case you don't understand Portuguese.

Years
No, instead of Sinnoh we will have Lauren. It's a region east of Zheri where you can battle against 8 more gym leaders. Sinnoh's only in old beta 3, it ends at Canalave City after the battle with Byron.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
yes the next beta is the complete version, but will have to wait till the whole game is translated if your waiting for the english version, since to my knowledge this hack is a different language.

Okay, thanks for the info. I think us hackers are more talented than the ones in nindtendo, 'cause in the beta2, shorter time has been taken by the Light Platinum team to translate it into english with few amounts of bugs and glitches... :D

I should answer all questions so you guys can be sure =)
White screen: Download Ruby ROM v1.0. It works ;) If you wanna be sure then download VBA emulator from Wes' website.
Beta 3: Yes it'll be complete version and yes you must wait for translation into English in case you don't understand Portuguese.

Thanks!!! :D
I'll wait, cause this is the best hack that was ever made!!! XD
I think that we would wait for years before we find a competitor or a
hack that has greater or equal quality to Light Platinum!!! :D

Thanks for all of you guys who made this great hack!!! :D

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Ash, if you'll be translating Beta 3, please don't change the trainers' Pokemon and please do a better job than you 2 translators did with Beta 1, which was horribly translated.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Ash, if you'll be translating Beta 3, please don't change the trainers' Pokemon and please do a batter job than you 2 translators did with Beta 1, which was horribly translated.
I agree, don't alter anything but the text to English or else it won't be Wesley's true design of the game. Hope to see Beta 3 soon, I'll probably play the Un-English version first since a lot of translated hacks I've ran into in ROM Hacking have been butchered from the original design since they alter things they shouldn't (Like Pokemon trainers hold).

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Yeah!

Ash, if you'll be translating Beta 3, please don't change the trainers' Pokemon and please do a batter job than you 2 translators did with Beta 1, which was horribly translated.

Yup! Because if you edit it, the game's creators ideas would not be express and emphasized, and by the way good luck with the ones translating it!!! I wish I will not see some wrong grammar...

And to WesleyFG: Will you not be adding the new day/night system to this hack? I mean it'll be better if you used it. For the enjoyment of the players and for more realistic gameplay, but that still is up to you...

THanks!!! :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As for the changing the trainers: I've never had intention to do it ;)
It's Wes' hack translators shouldn't do anything but to translate texts so yes I'll be translating beta 3 without editing something what Wes implemented into game.

By the way the bAtter one was good =D

How far does beta 2 go?Im reallly curios
It's up to 4th gym what is Darkdusk City's one.

Years
Wesley must still be on a break, or he is Beta testing. Either way I can still wait. If he does post he'll probably show us the last three towns where the last three gyms are since he showed us the cities of the 12th and 13th gyms, or one big city. The ROM Hack is fun to play!

Back