• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

How To Edit the Backsprite of Pokemon Fire Red (Picture AND Palette)

RebornT5

Pokehacker and Pokespecial fan
Years
help

I did all the steps until when i have to import the palette.....when i try to it wont show it and when i type it in and open it the backsprite turns grey

School days again...
Years
Nice tutorial! This helps me inserting Lucas and Dawn backsprite.
Does someone know the offset of the heroine?

The offset of the heroine is:
Spoiler:

Happy editing!

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hello.

In Fire Red, I tried replacing Doduo's Palette with Lucario's colours. After I got all of Lucario's colours into the Palette, and I clicked replace, it seemed to work fine, but when I went to Doduo in UnLZ, it had different colours from what it was supposed to. Help please.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Hey I tried replacing Female with May and I had a problem (more of glitch ) in APE . Now it is fixed , tough . Thing is that the pallete wouldn't save itself...

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
hey when i try to import the palette in tile molestar, the file isnt there and when i type the name in, the screen turns grey...help plz...

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2011
I have the same problem as funguy1019. I exported the palette in as many forms as I can, but it doesn't show up... what do I do? D:

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
I dont understand the compress:(

Uhh
well idk.
There's one way of finding it,
you just go into to battle with the female trainer, and save the palette.
VBA>Battle as girl>Tools>Palette viewer>Save OBJ>.pal file(paintshop)
Then search it in APE.(I think compressed.)
There is a number of offsets, but just replace them all with your new palette, I did that since the palette of my backsprite is the same as the palette of my trainercard sprite.
If you find it please post it so I can put it in the thread.
Thanks.

How? does the palette number show? i'm confused

Last edited:

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Well this post is only 31 days after the last post, so I don't think this counts as reviving. Anyways, on to my question. What are the pixel dimensions, because I need to export the backsprites and send them to my friend so he can work on them. Help would greatly be appreciated!

Edit:
Never mind, I figured it out!
(for future readers, its 64x64)

Last edited:

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
This helped:D but putting a backsprite together is hard.
I've replaced Mays backsprite with Leafs and i getting a box. Inside the box theres Leaf and with random colors. need help

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Thank you Superqami for reviving this xD. You just made my hack possible :P if anyone is trying to edit the Emerald back sprites, FOLLOW. THIS. TUTORIAL. the codes you'll need are "00d66480" to find the sprites in TMA and this is the palette for Brendan "00D61A30". Good luck! Time to finish up my hack :P

Back