The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:50 AM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blademan12 View Post
quick question can this game be played on a GBA emulator for psp?

No it can not this is the game development section not the emulation section, have you read any of the posts on the other threads because you have been going around asking that.:\
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
No, because this is not a gba game. I made this on RPG Maker XP so it can only be played on a system that supports Windows.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
R-Taco
Beginning Trainer

Hey Jeff, would it be alright if I posted some of the sprites and/or Fakemon artwork I did for the game on here?
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:03 PM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
You heard right, this new demo will replace your old one if you downloaded it already. You can use your old save file to play the game, but since I added a lot of stuff at the beginning, I wouldn't recommend it. I fixed about 50 or so bugs that people have been having problems with. So, for those that sent me emails and stuff, I thank you. Note, I deleted the old demo files and replaced them with the new ones.

For those that had trouble installing the game before, rejoice, for I now made the game plug-and-play after you extract the game. So, just get winRAR and extract the game. Then just double-click on the game.exe and have fun.

I made a new border around the game, so if you set your resolution of the game to either 320x240 or 640x480 then you will see the new border. It composes 7/8 of the gym leaders of the Kyushu region. I am still contemplating who should be the Fire gym leader so I will have a contest of some sort to decide. So if you want to be a part of Project Pyrite, please PM me or respond to this journal. And have fun!

Download links are available on the first post of the thread.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
thepsynergist

~Update October 04, 2009~

Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. It's because I was hard at work trying to get my new Power supply cable in the mail. My Pokemon game was on an external hard drive and my power supply cable broke. I just recently got it in the mail so I have been hard at work making progress on my game.

I programmed up to the 4th gym leader now, meaning that my game is relatively 1/4 of the way complete. I will have a new playable demo available within a week, so keep your eyes open. I have also fixed a glitch that prevented progression early on in the previous demo. There are some new music in the game.

Also, the Mask of Ice from the Pokemon Special Manga, finally makes his first appearance in my game. I hope that you find the side-quest enjoyable, as the Mask of Ice is one of the Main Villains in my game. So keep your eyes open for the release of my new demo.

Old October 4th, 2009, 01:30 AM
DestinyBender
Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DestinyBender
I like games where you can join the bad side; I support. When you get support bars, I would gladly put one in my sig.

Keep up the good work.

PC Family
Misty-loving sis
Evil, evil, brother
Rock-loving cousin
Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
Beauty Pair

Looking for pair -hinthint-

Also, a rival. Anyone?

Quotes from movies:
Superhero Movie
The House Bunny
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:19 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

I recomend not having more than one shadow in the game. On your screenshots you can see that the character has more than one shadow which to me looks, disturbing.
Old October 4th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
It looks fine at night but is completely weird and out of place at day.
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
thepsynergist

I removed all shadows from the game to make it simple, it still shows light at night, just no shadows.

@DestinyBender: I do have support bars, their in my sig, just copy them...

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:47 PM
thepsynergist

~Update October 6, 2009~
New Demo Version 0.2a Now Available for Download.

Old December 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM
deeelove
Dradradra drama BEATZZ

Nature: Calm
i never seen this here and it looks awesome! How would i download it? I mean like its in three parts

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
thepsynergist

Download and install winRar, and after you download all three parts, you double click on one of the 3 parts. Extract to your desktop or something and then doubleclick Pokemon Pyrite.exe. Follow the onscreen instructions and you will be on your way to playing my game.

Note: I will have a patch up soon to fix all of the bugs that this demo had. Also, will change some of the storyline to make more sense( Team Rocket chasing you after you flee from them. Silver becoming hostile toward Green. Et cetra.)

Old March 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM
thepsynergist

The process of making this game is taking longer than I had hoped, but I am not giving up. My current goal is that this game will be done in its entirety before Gen5 comes out. Just to show how much work I have put into this project, I will list what I have completed.

-The entire Kanto region has been inserted into my game. All of the caves, routes, towns, everything. All I need to do is add the trainers and wild encounters, but I won't do that until the Kyushu region(the main region in my game) is finished.

-About 90% of the Johto region is complete. That is, the overworld maps are. I still have to map out the caves of the Johto region. Again, I won't finish it until the Kyushu region is done.

-About 55% of the Kyushu region is complete. I have all of the maps done up until the 5th gym leader done. Once I work out all the tile errors and glitches up to the 5th gym, I will release another demo.

-My sprite artist, PrismSHN-001, is working on "Hi-Defing" all of the in battle Pokemon Sprites in the game. He has a lot on his load at the moment, so I doubt that he will finish until I finish the whole game. (Remember there are 540 Pokemon total in my game. 493 of the real ones, the rest are Fakemon.)

-Finally, I can say that the soundtrack is complete. There are about 120 different tracks in .mp3 format. I have made more than half of them myself, the rest are remixes that I found on youtube or on other sites. Don't worry, I'll credit them .

I plan on having 8 bedges to get into the Kyushu Elite Four Challange. Although, you will need 8 badges from the Kyushu region, Kanto region, and Johto region in order to compete in the Pokemon League tournament. This tournament will be insanely difficult. But, you will have plenty of time ingame to train for it. Getting 24 badges will give you plenty of training.

So, bear with me, I am the only person mapping this out. I am composing the music, scripting, and mapping out the game. So, if you are wondering why it's taking so long, that's the reason. Oh, and I'm in college, so that might slow me down a bit.

If anyone has knowledge of Ruby and wants to help me work out custom scripts or help me with bugs and glitches, please send me a note. I need all the help I can get.

I'll let everyone know when the next patch comes out.

Old March 12th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I herd u liek mudkarps?

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -DefaulT Send a message via Skype™ to -DefaulT
wow @ the file sizes
ill upload all 3 parts + an all in one to my host for a mirror.
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
thepsynergist

The filesize is due to all of the music being in mp3 format. I am not apologizing for it. The only reason its in 3 parts, is because I couldn't find a free upload site that could handle a file with more than 100 MB so I had winRAR split it. I expect a new demo will be available fairly soon.

I'm not making any promises, but with any luck, it will be by the end of this month.

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
The filesize is due to all of the music being in mp3 format. I am not apologizing for it. The only reason its in 3 parts, is because I couldn't find a free upload site that could handle a file with more than 100 MB so I had winRAR split it. I expect a new demo will be available fairly soon.

I'm not making any promises, but with any luck, it will be by the end of this month.

here is a solution to your uploading problem, http://filefront.com they should allow 600mb per upload...
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:02 AM
thepsynergist

Thank you for that. Next demo i'll use that site to upload.

Old July 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
thepsynergist

I've spent so long on this game and I haven't found time to update this thread. Oh, I'll start this up again.

Update: 7/10/10

I will release a new demo that vastly reworks the battle system, graphics, and all music. Also, here's a list of new features that I added.

-New Vs. Screens, just like in Platinum and HGSS.
-Made an ingame map, so the PokeGear is functional.
-Updated all sprites to 160x160 and allowed the use of animated battle pokemon.
-Added a fully animated intro movie, anime style.
-Used a new title screen, thanks to Rocko-the-Taco.
-Playable up until just after the 5th gym leader, where you get another quest to find and stop the Mask of Ice.
-Added a Pokemon, Xiades, brother of Arceus, and a story arc that will blow you away. (Think H.P. Lovecraft.)
-I will try to keep this thread posted more often, and I will update the main page with more screenies and movies when I get the chance.

I will be uploading the demo in one large chunk on FileFront, rather than in 4 parts on Mediafire. This will solve a lot of confusion people have been having trying to get my game to work. The file at the moment spans at about 400mb, so I hope you have access to internet that can download that in less than a day (remembers dialup...*shudders*)

Have a good day PokeCommunity, I'll keep you posted.

Old July 10th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
great. i was hoping you were still working on this. i'll be waiting for to play that demo.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:05 PM
thepsynergist

Thank you. Pokemon Essentials has been giving me trouble, every time i think to put something awesome in. Lol, but I managed to fix all the crashing errors. So that's good. I'm just alpha testing it to make sure there aren't any major probs to prevent people from progressing in the game.

Old July 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
Thank you. Pokemon Essentials has been giving me trouble, every time i think to put something awesome in. Lol, but I managed to fix all the crashing errors. So that's good. I'm just alpha testing it to make sure there aren't any major probs to prevent people from progressing in the game.
Y'know, I've been having problems too. The playtest won't even work anymore and I haven't even changed anything in the script. I'm hoping when I find a scripter, he/she can figure out the problem.

I'm actually looking forward to this update/demo. I'm pretty interested in seeing this anime-styled intro.

Old July 15th, 2010, 03:58 PM
stardustdragon
Unhatched Egg

How do you get pachirisu to evolve in the demo.
Old July 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustdragon View Post
How do you get pachirisu to evolve in the demo.
Currently, the evolution stone does not appear.

Later in the demo, there will be a stone available to evolve Pachirisu.

Old July 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM
fanboy
Beginning Trainer

nice game, I enjoyed the demo
can't wait for the full game
Old July 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
thepsynergist

Thank you, my demo is being delayed slightly due to my sprite artist taking extra time working on the second frames of animation for the Kyushu Fakemon. He only has the back sprites to work on so it should be ready in a few days. I'll post a download link as soon as I get those sprites in.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links