Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room Archive
Reload this Page Scenic Productions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old May 28th, 2010 (08:31 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by simdu68:
reposting my application....

name: simdu68

position wanted: tile maker and mapper

proof:

Spoiler:

tiles:

just random tiles I made and put together

maps:(you asked me to put maps with FR tiles so I'll do it this time^^)

a 1 year old map^^ but I still find it good so I'll post....

a starter town:

route next to the starter town:

if you want more you'll have more, just ask^^
The majority of those tiles are just edits of someone else's tiles. The tiles aren't FR styled as I specified. Those road tiles are Wesley FG's and those mountains are made by Alucus of borg. That mart and PC are just bare edits of some of Kyledove's tiles; seriously, do better. Explain yourself or I'll be infracting you for theft. Also, the maps aren't even in FR style, either.
Old May 28th, 2010 (09:56 AM).
asleep all summer zzZZ

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Manipulation:

The majority of those tiles are just edits of someone else's tiles. The tiles aren't FR styled as I specified. Those road tiles are Wesley FG's and those mountains are made by Alucus of borg. That mart and PC are just bare edits of some of Kyledove's tiles; seriously, do better. Explain yourself or I'll be infracting you for theft. Also, the maps aren't even in FR style, either.

WTF are you talking about? the tiles are nor edits, nor someone else's tiles! the houses are completely free styled, I did them first on paper, the rocks are from HG/SS that I reamde myself by taking screenshots and so on......, the PC and mart are from D/P/PT only a little different, but also made completely by me, the trees also are done from nothing only from my imagination, the same for the sand and water, the wild grass was first from HG/SS that I slowly by slowly modified that it should look very much anymore like that......

anyone for whom I am working can proove that I am making myself tiles because I am making tiles on demand, many people who want buildings that they can't find anywhere because they don't exist ask me and then I do the tiles.....
if I can so easily do any kind of tile that has yet never existed I really wonder why I would need to steal someone else's tiles '

and about the maps, of course they are FR style! you told I should use FR tiles, it's what I did, I mapped on a clean FR rom, BTW I got another map

Spoiler:

edit: OH! your right, the road isn't mine, I should have done a mistake, wait I'll look for my road but the rest is COMPLETELY MINE!

Updated ;D

Supporter of:

Old May 28th, 2010 (10:06 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Oh really, now?

Examples:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/056/b/1/Calis_tileset_by_Alucus.png
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/229/1/0/Petalburg_City_by_Kymotonian.png
Old May 28th, 2010 (10:15 AM). Edited May 28th, 2010 by simdu68.
asleep all summer zzZZ

Oh really, now?

it's normal that they look similar! they are from HG/SS or D/P/Pt!!
do you need a screen from HG/SS? then you will say that HG/SS also stole the tiles from kyledove or alucus, right? BTW the mart doesn't look at all like kyledoves, the PC a little but that's normal if the yare both from D/P/Pt.......
I relly did them myself!
wanna bet? come on ask me to do any tile you want, a tile that yet doesn't exist, you will see it will look so nice you will also say I stole it from somewhere tough you don't know from where
you just don't believe I can really make good tiles maybe because you don't know me yet, you think the only good tilers are alucus, kyledove, dew, wesley FG and so on......so for you a good tile automatically means done by one of those because it's the only tiler you know.....pathetic '

in fact, what do you think about the maps I poste just before?

edit:
you were only right for the road, but that was only a mistake
that's my road I wanted to put:

"manipulation: hmm, this tile looks good! it isn't simdu68 who has done it, wait...what tilers do I know?.......there's dew, kyledove, alucus, wesleyFG, alistair.....
let's say it is alistair's tile, even if I yet never seen it I'm sure that it is his because it can't be simdu68's, I don't know him so it isn't his tile!"

that's exactly what you did before

Updated ;D

Supporter of:

Old May 28th, 2010 (07:11 PM).
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking

Eh, sorry, it's really not what I'm looking for.
Ah well. Sorry to take your time. Good luck with Sienna, it's awesome.
Old May 29th, 2010 (12:15 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

it's normal that they look similar! they are from HG/SS or D/P/Pt!!
do you need a screen from HG/SS? then you will say that HG/SS also stole the tiles from kyledove or alucus, right? BTW the mart doesn't look at all like kyledoves, the PC a little but that's normal if the yare both from D/P/Pt.......
I relly did them myself!
wanna bet? come on ask me to do any tile you want, a tile that yet doesn't exist, you will see it will look so nice you will also say I stole it from somewhere tough you don't know from where^^
you just don't believe I can really make good tiles maybe because you don't know me yet, you think the only good tilers are alucus, kyledove, dew, wesley FG and so on......so for you a good tile automatically means done by one of those because it's the only tiler you know.....pathetic -_-'

in fact, what do you think about the maps I poste just before?

edit:
you were only right for the road, but that was only a mistake^^
that's my road I wanted to put:

"manipulation: hmm, this tile looks good! it isn't simdu68 who has done it, wait...what tilers do I know?.......there's dew, kyledove, alucus, wesleyFG, alistair.....
let's say it is alistair's tile, even if I yet never seen it I'm sure that it is his because it can't be simdu68's, I don't know him so it isn't his tile!"

that's exactly what you did before^^
I don't appreciate being called pathetic, especially when I'm the one calling someone out for stealing. Seriously, just admit that you've edited someone else's tiles, it's going to get you out of a lot of bother in the long-term. That PC is definitely an edit of Kyledove's I can see that from a mile of, really. In no way are Alucus' mountains based on the HGSS mountains, he's already created different ones for the HGSS mountains. These were completely scratch and made by him for calis projects and they were released to the public. Those are definitely not yours created by scratch, just own up.
Old May 29th, 2010 (12:37 AM). Edited May 29th, 2010 by Ninja Caterpie.
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
IM Address: [email protected]
Name: Ninja Caterpie,
Position: Mapper, limited tile inserter, limited scripter, limited music inserter
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

(pls no kill, ice)
<~ if this isn't showing up, open image in new tab. :D
Video of incredibly minor scripting and pitiful music insertion. mebbe come back with a better video. :D
Old May 29th, 2010 (02:22 AM).
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking

I don't appreciate being called pathetic, especially when I'm the one calling someone out for stealing. Seriously, just admit that you've edited someone else's tiles, it's going to get you out of a lot of bother in the long-term. That PC is definitely an edit of Kyledove's I can see that from a mile of, really. In no way are Alucus' mountains based on the HGSS mountains, he's already created different ones for the HGSS mountains. These were completely scratch and made by him for calis projects and they were released to the public. Those are definitely not yours created by scratch, just own up.
I think you've missed this part:

wanna bet? come on ask me to do any tile you want, a tile that yet doesn't exist, you will see it will look so nice you will also say I stole it from somewhere tough you don't know from where^^
Old May 29th, 2010 (03:06 AM).
White Light Designer

reposting my application....

name: simdu68

position wanted: tile maker and mapper

proof:

Spoiler:

tiles:

just random tiles I made and put together

mapsyou asked me to put maps with FR tiles so I'll do it this time)

a 1 year old map but I still find it good so I'll post....

a starter town:

route next to the starter town:

if you want more you'll have more, just ask

Dude I thought you were better than this, I dont know about the other tiles but I know a crappy edit of my mountains when I see them,

Now im not saying to not use the mountains as they are public use tiles, but at the least to credit me for the original ones.
Old May 29th, 2010 (04:38 AM).
asleep all summer zzZZ

Quote originally posted by Alucus_Of_Borg:
Dude I thought you were better than this, I dont know about the other tiles but I know a crappy edit of my mountains when I see them,

Now im not saying to not use the mountains as they are public use tiles, but at the least to credit me for the original ones.

I'm sorry for that
I posted a tileset which will be inserted in my hack, I forgot to say it and to say also that not all are mine, the rock is completely your's, it isn't a edit of your I just changed the pallette and put it in the tileset which will be in my hack, and the PC also was not mine but it was to be inserted in my hack so I put it also in the tileset.....but anyway it will no more be in my hack, I am myself creating an new PC

@ manipulation: I'm sorry also having told to you pathetic but well, I needed to explain myself better so it's my fault '
anyway, these are only 2 tiles that are not mine, but what about the other I created? there are yet treesn road, mart, houses, sand and all this.....what about these tiles?

Updated ;D

Supporter of:

Old May 29th, 2010 (06:20 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

I don't really like that map. :< Got any others? The music is interesting, can you loop? Got any other proofs? Pending.

Thanks for the professor! Congrats, you're in as OW Spriter.
Old May 29th, 2010 (06:47 AM).
Orange I s l a n d s~
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
IM Address: You have it,
Name: Mr Big bad man, The rudest of the boys or Ben
Position: Spriting
Proof of Work: Here's a bunch of stuff, the world map was my first.
Spoiler:

Old May 29th, 2010 (07:12 PM).

tch, harry.

Spoiler:

And here is a video of a looped bit of music. I had to speed it up to reach the loop faster, and it might seem awkward, but that's the fault of the shifty MIDI I had rather than mine. 8D Starts looping at 1:17 or so.

I'll get a script up later, k?
Old June 3rd, 2010 (09:57 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Ben.:
IM Address: You have it,
Name: Mr Big bad man, The rudest of the boys or Ben
Position: Spriting
Proof of Work: Here's a bunch of stuff, the world map was my first.
Spoiler:

Eh, first off, I absolutely adore that beach thing. <3 I don't really like the other two things. But because of that beach I want to see moar. <3

Quote originally posted by Ninja Caterpie:
tch, harry.

Spoiler:

And here is a video of a looped bit of music. I had to speed it up to reach the loop faster, and it might seem awkward, but that's the fault of the shifty MIDI I had rather than mine. 8D Starts looping at 1:17 or so.

I'll get a script up later, k?
I dislike the first map, but the the others are splendid. Yay, another looper. You're in as a mapper/music inserter. Feel free to show scripts to take a role in that position, too.
Old June 3rd, 2010 (11:00 PM).

Alright, I'll admit I suck at towns. D: Avoid giving them to me, anyone. :D
Old June 3rd, 2010 (11:56 PM). Edited July 16th, 2010 by thethethethe.

IM Address:although not a big fan of MSN. Much prefer a PM
Name: thethethethe
Position: ASM Hacking
Proof of Work: Haven't got anything specific, but I've been writing up a little GBA Programming guide in ASM.
http://pokemonboard.net/showthread.php?t=333
Other Comments: I know this section isn't in your form, but I thought I needed to include it. I've been back for a little while, but I've yet to really look into the Pokemon ROMs, so I'd just like to be here purely for ASM. I have to admit I'm not going to be on here every day, I could disappear for a week. But I do check my emails, so if you PM me, I will get a notification. But I can tell you I do plan on hanging around ROM Hacking forums for at least the next two months. Still also relearning assembly, so I can't promise that I can do exactly what you need, but I still need a little time.
Old June 4th, 2010 (12:03 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
IM Address: [email protected] although not a big fan of MSN. Much prefer a PM
Name: thethethethe
Position: ASM Hacking
Proof of Work: Haven't got anything specific, but I've been writing up a little GBA Programming guide in ASM.
http://pokemonboard.net/showthread.php?t=333
Other Comments: I know this section isn't in your form, but I thought I needed to include it. I've been back for a little while, but I've yet to really look into the Pokemon ROMs, so I'd just like to be here purely for ASM. I have to admit I'm not going to be on here every day, I could disappear for a week. But I do check my emails, so if you PM me, I will get a notification. But I can tell you I do plan on hanging around ROM Hacking forums for at least the next two months. Still also relearning assembly, so I can't promise that I can do exactly what you need, but I still need a little time.
Yeah, sure, I'm one for landing out jobs through PM anyway. Mainly because, I think, I'm the only one in the team who's in BST/GMT. So yeah, you're probably safe on that front. Other Comments is a perfectly fine section, I left it out because a high contingent of people are unwilling to add that to their resumé of such. It's great for you to be here purely for ASM because I, and the rest of the team, cover pretty much every aspect of ROM Hacking, really. Well, that's better than being able to do nothing at all, isn't it? XD; Oh, by the way, if you hadn't already guessed; you're accepted.
Old June 4th, 2010 (02:23 PM).
Tyrian

Pokemon Cyan

lolwat?
Well this is Pokemon Cyan, our newest project! YAY! Yay! yah.
It's going to be storyline based, and it follows the return of a beloved character from RSE. It's Wally.
Spoiler:
After a humiliating defeat at the hands of Ruby, Wally decides to go back home. Throughout his voyage, a mysterious man follows him. Paranoid and extremely suspicious; sleeping was definitely not an option. But in the end, the urge to sleep was too powerful. He wakes up on his Uncle's doorstep, with no Pokemon left with him.
Wally never really put to much thought into what happened, afraid of what he would uncover. After saving Prof. Birch from yet another near miss, Wally sets off on a journey in the region of Aerosa. Along the way he meets Maximilien, the orphaned son of Team magma's Maxie. Craving revenge on the beings that took his father from him, Maximilien is hell bent on destroying all Pokemon, and luring Wally over while he's at it. Wally must resist the urge to join Maximilien, and stop team Terra's plans along the way.
Then again, Wally never was one for following directions.

Awesomeshots

Old June 4th, 2010 (02:41 PM).

Quote originally posted by Ven:

Pokemon Cyan

lolwat?
Well this is Pokemon Cyan, our newest project! YAY! Yay! yah.
It's going to be storyline based, and it follows the return of a beloved character from RSE. It's Wally.
Spoiler:
After a humiliating defeat at the hands of Ruby, Wally decides to go back home. Throughout his voyage, a mysterious man follows him. Paranoid and extremely suspicious; sleeping was definitely not an option. But in the end, the urge to sleep was too powerful. He wakes up on his Uncle's doorstep, with no Pokemon left with him.
Wally never really put to much thought into what happened, afraid of what he would uncover. After saving Prof. Birch from yet another near miss, Wally sets off on a journey in the region of Aerosa. Along the way he meets Maximilien, the orphaned son of Team magma's Maxie. Craving revenge on the beings that took his father from him, Maximilien is hell bent on destroying all Pokemon, and luring Wally over while he's at it. Wally must resist the urge to join Maximilien, and stop team Terra's plans along the way.
Then again, Wally never was one for following directions.

Awesomeshots

Pokemon Cyan sounds beast, can't wait for beta testing .

Old June 4th, 2010 (04:56 PM). Edited June 4th, 2010 by Ninja Caterpie.

Eh, whatever, let's post the info on my own hack, ja? :D

Spoiler:
POKéMON COBALT
Like MOONSHINE, but different!

• ROM INFORMATION •
Downloads
N/A

Hack name: Pokémon: Colbat Version
Author: Ninja Caterpie
Base ROM: Pokémon: Fire Red Version [BPRE]
Language: English

• STORYLINE •

Put your adventuring caps on and get ready to explore the new region of SHINKU! Hundreds of your favourite POKéMON return in this beautiful region, filled with mystery and wonder! Breath-taking scenery and wondrous cities await you as you journey through the majestic region of SHINKU!

Start as a boy or girl in SPRINGBUD TOWN, about to become an assistant to PROFESSOR SPRUCE, the young professor-to-be of SHINKU, and rise up the trainer ranks as you battle GYM LEADERS and take on the all-powerful ELITE FOUR!

However, not all is well in the region of SHINKU, for the evil TEAM ROCKET has returned! Battle your way across the region, meeting friend and foe alike - are you strong enough to unmask TEAM ROCKET's evil plan and defeat them before it's too late?

Play now - POKéMON COBALT!

• FEATURES •
  • Travel across the amazing new region of SHINKU!
  • Enjoy beautiful music from Pokémon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald!
  • Tune into the radio in every POKéMON CENTRE and enjoy old favourites from Gold and Silver!
  • Meet an incredible cast of brand new characters, including the mysterious DETECTIVE HAWKER, the evil CASTOR, leader of the new TEAM ROCKET, and his ROCKET ADMINS
  • Train and battle with over 300 different POKéMON from KANTO, JOHTO and HOENN!

• MEDIA •

ceebs adding more. :D

• TOOLS USED •

AdvanceMap 1.9.2
eXtreme Script Editor
A-Trainer
A-Patch
Sappy '06
HxD Hex Editor

• CREDITS •

Thrace for helping me with original Moonshine
Pokepal for continually bugging me about doing this
Spherical Ice for making me get off my butt and work (albeit for him)
Darthwaffles, lanxal and oblueknighto for helping me with ideas
Tool developers, for obvious reasons
Gamefreak for releasing HGSS and making love POKéMON again

I got up to the second gym, but then accidentally killed the Pokedex (idunno) and am in the process of restarting.
Old June 8th, 2010 (04:34 PM).
Tyrian

Mmkay kids, since Harry (manipulation) is a lazy ass asleep, he asked me to clear a couple rules up, so here I go.

First thing, I have to explain the difference between a hacking team, and a hack team. A hack team is a team that works for one specific hack. A hacking team is a team of people with various skills that work together to maintain a standard of hacks. A hack can have it's own specific team, Sienna has one, Cyan will too when it's finally showcased. So, in the part of your hacks thread that tells the good people the team that is working on the hack, don't post the Scenic productions team.

Second thing, don't just go ahead and post your hack on the team thread with ought running it by Harry, he needs to see your hack, and make sure it's up to the standard (I think). Also, tell the team about your hack (first tell Harry) before you showcase it, In order to work together we have to know that there's a hack to work on.
There's one more thing that Manipulation wanted me to say, technically the only hacks that we're working as a team are Cyan and Sienna, we're not saying this because we're jerks, it's just because they are the only two that have been shown to Harry and have become official hacks under the Scenic Productions name.
Also, don't hesitate to post in the team thread!

Alright kiddies, I think that's it, hopefully Harry won't stab me if I forgot something
Old July 11th, 2010 (08:15 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

...I'll just ignore the above post and move swiftly on.

Adding on to Ven's point, if your hack is associated under the label you need to contact me before asking someone if they'd do something for your hack; I know of some people who are only willing to work on Sienna and others I don't want to overload with work. So yeah, it's just so everything can be ran by me and so nobody gets upset over being asked to do something they just don't want to do.

Anyway, I've neglected this thread waaaay too much. I should probably bump this if people want to join and stuff just so they know that this team/thread is not dead. Either way, seeing as Sienna has custom tiles and ASM routines, I think it'd be nice for the entire team to be allowed to use custom tiles, ASM routines, sprites, boot screens etc. Okay, so, if any of the team agree with this consensus feel free to post here and I'll work on putting some things together that are team specific and we'll see how that goes.

All right, are you working on a hack? Are you part of Scenic Productions? If you tick both these boxes then your hack is already got its own army of beta testers, that is, of course, if you want it. Everyone in this team is officially down as a beta tester for all team hack, and, if you want it, team members' hacks that are not listed in the Scenic Productions label. These beta testing stages might not even be beta testing stages, they might just be early betas for team specific hacks. I know that when I release Sienna's beta 3 it'll be available to all members of this team prior to being released publicly. Also, some other advantages of being a member of Scenic Productions is that you may be able to get your hands on private tools and private scripts.

So yeah, just something to think about if you're a team member or have a view to becoming one.
Old July 11th, 2010 (08:30 AM). Edited July 11th, 2010 by Tropical Sunlight.
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Manipulation, should I apply as a Gym tileset maker or is there no need for that?
So it becomes official and not just a favor... Or do you want to keep it private?

EDIT:

IM Address: [email protected]
Name: Tropical Sunlight
Position: Gym Tileset Maker
Proof of Work: 2 Prooves of Work in Sienna.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Credits to Wesley FG

Spoiler:

Credits to Alistair

Spoiler:

Credits to Alucus

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links