The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 588 69.75%
Alright! 131 15.54%
Average 58 6.88%
Awful.. 16 1.90%
Abomination.... 50 5.93%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

I really like the retro stylization and the implementation of the Creator or the videogame itself. You should probably make the Virus-Type Pokemon or something
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

Wow every update make me loves this game even more, especially thanks to the story and my love for glitch.
For the name I suggest:
Ares or Mars, the greek and latin names for the god of war. Or if you want to give it a female aspect, Athena.

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage

Old July 9th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Amine
Beginning Trainer

pretty good game , i finished the beta and i'm impatient to play the rest of it .

I love the retro style , the storyline and the using of the default battle system of rm2k3 .

but there is a thing that bothered me , in a battle versus a mareep he uses thunder wave that paralyse geodude but in the originals games no electrik atk can touch ground type pokémon even thunder wave .

anyway , keep the good work .
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amine View Post
pretty good game , i finished the beta and i'm impatient to play the rest of it .

I love the retro style , the storyline and the using of the default battle system of rm2k3 .

but there is a thing that bothered me , in a battle versus a mareep he uses thunder wave that paralyse geodude but in the originals games no electrik atk can touch ground type pokémon even thunder wave .

anyway , keep the good work .
Thanks. I totally forgot to apply paralysis resistance to ground pokemon.

--
Due to my almost daily updates (which wont last long, semester B starts in 2 days :/)
Ive put a list of my update posts, with hyperlinks on the original post.
--
Namewise, I want 'cratos' to differ; not be a usual name, I usually look upon usernames for guidence.

Necro has one word.
Vanish_21 is a word and a number.
XxLionheartxX has thoes silly X's that people put on their usenames.
XDR is just letters.
M is just one letter
Zero is a word-of a number.

He is the Controller of Battle; so something like "the_pink_princess" wouldn't do.

--
Im just adding in some more catchable pokemon.
A pidgey, abra, poliwag and pichu.

Speaking of which.
Spoiler:
SPEE Pokedex

001-Bulbasaur
002-Ivysaur
003-Venasaur

004-Charmander
005-Charmelon
006-Charazard

007-Squirtle
008-Wartortle
009-Blastoise

010-Chikorita
011-Bayleaf
012-Meganium

013-Cyndaquil
014-Quilava
015-Typlosion

016-Totodile
017-Croconaw
018-Feraligatr

019-Caterpie
020-Metapod
021-Butterfree

022-Weedle
023-Kakuna
024-Beedrill

025-Spinarak
026-Ariados

027-Hoothoot
028-Noctowl

029-Natu
030-Xatu

031-Pidgey
032-Pidgeotto
033-Pidgeot

034-Pichu
035-Pikachu
036-Raichu

037-Mareep
038-Flaffy
039-Ampharos

040-Nidoran
041-Nidorino
042-Nidoking

043-Bellsprout
044-Weepinbell
045-Victreebell

046-Poliwag
047-Poliwhirl
048-Poliwrath

049-Zubat
050-Golbat
051-Crobat

052-Chinchou
053-Lantern

054-Wooper
055-Quagsire

056-Growlithe
057-Arknine

058-Houndour
059-Houndoom

060-Cuebone
061-Marowack

062-Phanphy
063-Donphan

064-Pineco
065-Foretress

066-Sneasle
067-Weavile

068-Teddiursa
069-Ursaring

070-Snubull
071-Grandbull

072-Machop
073-Machoke
074-Machamp

075-Geodude
076-Graveler
077-Golem

078-Ghastly
079-Haunter
080-Gengar

081-Abra
082-Kadabra
083-Alakazam

084-Drowsee
085-Hypno

086-Swinub
087-Piloswine

088-Exeggcute
089-Exeggutor

090-Magnemite
091-Magneton

092-Slugma
093-Macargo

094-Magikarp
095-Gyrados

096-Pinsir
097-Heracross

098-Scyther
099-Scizor

100-Oinx
101-Steelix

102-Smoochum
103-Jynx

104-Elekid
105-Electrabuzz

106-Magby
107-Magmar

108-Tyrouge
109-Hitmonlee
110-Hitmonchan
111-Hitmontop

112-Sudowoodo

113-Snorlax

114-Lapras

115-Larvitar
116-Pupitar
117-Tyranitar

118-Dratini
119-Dragonair
120-Dragonite

121- Eevee
122- Vaporeon
123- Jolteon
124- Flareon
125- Umbreon
126- Espeon
127- Leafeon
128- Glaceon

129-Mew

This is the full pokedex. All pokemon that will be CATCHABLE in the game.
Wild pokemon will be plentiful. Species from gen1,2,3 and 4. But because of the hero's lack of pokeballs, he can only obtain them by beating corrupted versions of them Or reciving as gifts.
Ive chopped down some of the filler pokemon. Theres a good selection of each type from Gen 1 + 2 (Wevile, Leafeon and Glaceon are the exceptions)

Legendaries will act as Optional Super Bosses (like WEAPONs in FF games) Not catchable (minus mew)
-mainly because people don't usually use legendaries in general game.

----
I may ask a mod to move this to game showcase, It's gone past the concept stage. So if you cant find it anywhere on the drawing board, go to games showcase.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 9th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old July 10th, 2010, 06:29 AM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
This project looks ridiculously awesome. I will test it sometime next week.

Controller of battle? How about a 1337-5p33k name?
Old July 10th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
I noticed in the demo is that when you get a question wrong in the academy you can't move any direction

Old July 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
saifors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
I noticed in the demo is that when you get a question wrong in the academy you can't move any direction
read prev. posts I already said it on page 1 can't yo just look through 2 pages -.-
Old July 10th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Omn
Moogle King

Ahh i see it sorry about that and i did read over post really quickly so i guess need o read slower

Old July 11th, 2010, 12:03 AM
DarkDoom3000

Yay! Got moved to Games Showcase :D
--

To celebrate;
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition - Beta v0.23
New Additions
-Pokemon Added: Pichu, Abra, Pidgey
-Route 6, Connecting Caves, Necro's Domain, Amplus City
-Necro Event Added
-Abiliy to buy houses- that connect.
-Updated mart system
-Rival encounters retro fitted
-Espeon form obtainable
-Some Glitches Fixed
-Badge Case works
-More refinable items

=Ends at Amplus City(Which is still under construction, but you can explore.)

Not a superhuge update, mainly created so people won't have to manually edit the RPG_RT.ini file. 3 More pokemon, pushing the total to 14. There is the necro event, The first AI you have to kill. Which grants you the ability to transform your Eevee into Espeon.

v0.2+ save files will transfer to this version with no problem. Just copy the save files (eg: "save01.lsd") and paste them in the "Pokemon Eevee v0.23" folder.

Upon loading the save file, the game will update the save- adding any items the previous version didn't have. (Eg: in v0.23 gyms now give you TM's upon defeat. If you have a 0.2 save file, and already beat the gym, the game will grant you the TM's of the gyms you have defeat upon loading the save file :D)

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire - 16.7MB)
[Also uploading to rapidshare right now, but internet is acting up. :/

Just some screenies of the additional pokemon and the new city (the first "big city" of the game, like goldenrod and saffaron)

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 11th, 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

I found a bug:
in the "alpha ruin" when you solve the puzzle you unlock a tunnel with two warps, one leads to a small area, one from where you are from. however the last one redirect instead to another area, wich has only two exit both blocked by a tree: if you doesn't have the chain, you can't escape.

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

Just call me Sage

Old July 11th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
This game is great.
Good job on using it in RM2K3 ;)
Also, you've done a wonderful job with using the default RM2K3 battle system. I love it.

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed your using the default RM2K3 message system. There is ways to have a Pokémon styled message system.
I'll PM you showing you how to do it if you'd like.

| relic castle - coming soon |
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Amine
Beginning Trainer

i played and finished your new beta , the battle vs necro is to easy and also the battle vs the abra but versus the pidgey i think it's normal beecause i was advenced in the game .

as i saw you added the rival battles but there is a logic problem , i battled him for the first time in the route near arbor city because i used an old save from the 0.2 beta but there he say that i already meeted him but because i was advanced i skipped the battle , and when i retourned to the route 1 to catch the pidgey i battled him again but it was actually the first battle agains't him , i think that happens because the to events are not dependent of each other .

also i figured out something in the older version that i forgot to tell , in the pc geodude have the sprite of golem even if he isn' evolved .
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Omn
Moogle King

oh i found a little glitch where you are riding your bike the sprite for the bike is not shown

Old July 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I found a strange "glitch."
When you transfer from map to map, even though the event is set to "Hide map: Instantaneous."
you must go into the Database, and under System set the Map Transitions to this:

That should make the maps transfer seemlessly.

| relic castle - coming soon |
Old July 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
I really like the look of this game, it's really awesome! Good work.

The fonts are screwed up, even after installing the necessary fonts onto my computer. Is there any solution?
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:23 AM
DarkDoom3000

Responses
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Harpuia View Post
I found a bug:
in the "alpha ruin" when you solve the puzzle you unlock a tunnel with two warps, one leads to a small area, one from where you are from. however the last one redirect instead to another area, wich has only two exit both blocked by a tree: if you doesn't have the chain, you can't escape.
-Can't belive i didn't pick that up. I even forgot to add in the graphic that's ment to display in the middle column making the puzzle easier.
fixed it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amine View Post
i played and finished your new beta , the battle vs necro is to easy and also the battle vs the abra but versus the pidgey i think it's normal beecause i was advenced in the game .

as i saw you added the rival battles but there is a logic problem , i battled him for the first time in the route near arbor city because i used an old save from the 0.2 beta but there he say that i already meeted him but because i was advanced i skipped the battle , and when i retourned to the route 1 to catch the pidgey i battled him again but it was actually the first battle agains't him , i think that happens because the to events are not dependent of each other .

also i figured out something in the older version that i forgot to tell , in the pc geodude have the sprite of golem even if he isn' evolved .
I've increased the difficulty of both abra and Necro,

Yeah, that's how the rival battles are ment to behave, making it dependent could cause problems with the third rival battle

Just fixed the geodude sprite issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
oh i found a little glitch where you are riding your bike the sprite for the bike is not shown
Ah, yeah. To just fixed it. It can be remedied on the current demo by going on the main menu, clicking on Order and making sure that neither geodude nor zubat are on the top of your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
Oh, and I just noticed your using the default RM2K3 message system. There is ways to have a Pokémon styled message system.
I'll PM you showing you how to do it if you'd like.
---------------
I found a strange "glitch."
When you transfer from map to map, even though the event is set to "Hide map: Instantaneous."
you must go into the Database, and under System set the Map Transitions to this:

That should make the maps transfer seemlessly.
I assume the Pokemon styled message system can only have 2 lines, I probably won't change it. I'm already finding it hard to fit in all the dialouge with 4 lines, because some bits are dialouge heavy due to the storyline.

But that screen transition thing is awesome! I didn't know about it!
I've gone back and updated all the instant warps, so now It's instant, instead of the 1/2 second black screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceeman View Post
I really like the look of this game, it's really awesome! Good work.

The fonts are screwed up, even after installing the necessary fonts onto my computer. Is there any solution?
Thanks, Im not sure about the font fix, it should have fixed itself when you install the RM2000 and RMG2000 fonts.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozmtejm4jyt
Try use this link to download these fonts, then install these. Does anyone else have this problem after installing the RM2000 and RMG2000 fonts? If thats the case I'll just pack in the extra fonts into the game file.

Thanks for the comments guys.
----

Second simester of uni has started... :(
I dont mind it, get to see and hang out with friends, play adhoc PSP games with em.

Anyways, Ive been adding more items to refine, and finishing off the mega mart.
I also improved the Tetra Element feature. It just looks a lot nicer. Because I can only have 4 options per message box, you have to press back(esc,x,c,v or n) to bring up the other 4.

---
For the benefit of everyone, Ill be putting out a minor updates every time I can. Mabye one every 2 weeks- if I can.
And a large update when theres enough content. (maybe every 2 months)

no solid timeframe, I don't know how much free time I'll have due to uni.
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

Cool update, I always thougt that the tetra element screen was a bit empty...Ah also, I don't know if this is a glitch, but you said that if you used jolteon, your rival would sent out chikorita, but in the second battle he sent out totodile...

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

Just call me Sage

Old July 12th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Blinde
Beginning Trainer

to tell you the truth... when i first saw it. i thought it looked retarded. But looks can really be deceiving. i actually cant stop playing. i started at 4:00 pm and now it's 12:00 am and I'm still playing.
Old July 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
DarkDoom3000

@sage: yeah, glitch- i set the wrong battles, didn't realise because i was using a flareon. Ive fixed it now,

@blinde:
Wow, impressive. good to see you didn't let the graphics put you off from playing it.
--

Nothing much to update, I've finished coding the mega mart in amplus city, added more refining items (around 80 now)

Im just making a team rocket event in Amplus city- A bit stronger this time due to them using geovannis pokemon. Im planning on having the rival help you. He'll slowly start turning good, but then an event in the game will cause him to turn to the dark side.

I've also created the basis of the phone system. It wont be overly complicated or anything. The main reason for it existing is that you can type in phone numbers, and some numbers will give you special items.

-Yeah. Basically ripped the MGS codec. :D

Also, im trying to code the map item. Heres the region map so far. The only bits that are finalized are the bits ive actually mapped out (the bits with E on it.)
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

i like this game it is very different, pity there are so few pokemon but still i like it.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Finally, a game focusing more on events and scripting more than new and improved graphics. This is the best game in the showcase I've seen. Played through the beta. Loved it. Original battle system and everything.

Hurry and upload on rapidshare if you can. C: Every mediafire download you've posted hasn't worked for me. It always ends up going to a 'forbidden' page.

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by Vannah☆; July 14th, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
i like this game it is very different, pity there are so few pokemon but still i like it.
-Yeah, I had to set myself realistic limits, If i were to include all pokemon This game would probably not get completed.
I could probably add more once the core game is finished.

Im thinking of adding diglett, Cacnea, poochyena and staryu. Anyone want to request some pokemon. I may add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannah☆ View Post
Finally, a game focusing more on events and scripting more than new and improved graphics. This is the best game in the showcase I've seen. Played through the beta. Loved it. Original battle system and everything.

Hurry and upload on rapidshare if you can. C: Every mediafire download you've posted hasn't worked for me. o_O It always ends up going to a 'forbidden' page.
rapidshare has a new 10x download rule. Ive now uploaded it to megaupload.
hope that works for ya :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WV1DKC9
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

hmmm... so you have scyther, uhhh i would like fake eeveelutions ^.^

and gible :p
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM
DarkDoom3000

I probably won't have any more fakemon, I'm not too fond of them. Eeveeon will probably be the first and last.

---
Ive finished the third rocket encounter event. They've biggs and wedge have decided to "borrow" geovanni's pokemon and are wreaking havoc in Amplus City. You decide to save the day. You kill both Nidoqueen and king, but they have 4 more pokemon!

Ah, but your rival comes along. He and team rocket have some history *wink* *wink* and TR run off.

----

---
It's slowly building up the rival's character, He goes from being a rotten theif, to becomming a good trainer, actually helping you at times, then due to an event
Spoiler:
you killing geovanni; his father :O

he goes and joins the darkside and joins the AIs.

----
Im currently finishing off Whitney's gym battle. Shes a normal type, but luckly theres a dojo in the northen route. The prize for beaing the dojo master is a fighting pokemon (either tyrouge or machop - i havent decided)
After that there will be a forest, where you can obtain a chicorita. And then the next AI elimination. And thats where the next demo/update should end.
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Thanks for uploading. It was fantastic.

Anyhoo, great update. Looking forward to it. c:

As for more pokemon.... Growlithe, Larvitar, and Dratini seem important to me. Bagon maybe?

Michael Jackson - Rest in peace, King of pop. Thanks for the memories.

Torzach's Forum! http://pokemontorzach.proboards.com/index.cgi

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links