• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I have a problem with this tool. Everytime I open it. This thing always pops up.

" Application failed to intialize properly. (0xc0000135) "

Help? ;X

link12552

decade club
Years
Excuse My Absence

First I'd like to say sorry everybody...:(
I just got back from ~ a week of Boyscout Camp, and it turns out I got the
flu or something, so I've been in bed... :(

I have a glitch for you:
Editing anything in the Preferences box, even just the Animation type, then saving, obliterates the image.

Not just this, the editor seems to think that 00 is still the free space byte, when it's actually FF. (Using BPRE)

1. This is most likely because you have the Preference Window in "All" mode, NSE thinks you want to re-point the sprite as well. Switching to "Index" mode will fix this problem. I'll try to make it more user-friendly
  2. Yes this a problem due to a misplaced comment symbol.

I have found a Bug. IF I edit the text box of Fire Red, in game it Restart or hang.

This is because you overwrote the data directly after the text box.

Textbox.png

^ The stuff in the red box do not touch ^

This data tells the game how to display the text box (or so I think), and won't do much good if you've overwritten it.

I have a problem with this tool. Everytime I open it. This thing always pops up.

" Application failed to intialize properly. (0xc0000135) "

Help? ;X

Install/Reinstall the latest version of the .net framework from Microsoft's website

Since I've put you all through so much trouble here's a soon to come picture that should get your hopes up a little...
Spoiler:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
That's strange is a way.
What happens if I changed the size of Lugia's sprite? To, let's say... 1234x9876?
Is there a size limit set?
How does it look in battle?

This is one of the most useful tools I've ever used. Good job!

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Wait, about LZ thing, can we scroll through like we do unLZ? Honest question because I can't remember the individual codes for the Pokemon/Trainers. :(

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Very nice tool ;)

I hope you continue working on it and the one time it also may increase the overworld.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
I cant wait for the lz function. :D

Also, Im trying to find the water animation in Tile Molester to bookmark the offset in NSE but Im having troubles finding it. Would you happen to have the offset lying around anywhere? In Fire Red, btw.

EDIT: Well, I found where the water tiles start. At this offset. 3A7674
And here is the pallet. EA1BE8
Only problem is the tiles are spread apart. Is there any way to get them together in one picture?

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Searching for offsets doesn't seem to work on Emerald, I typed the offsets for Brendans battle sprite and pallete, and all I got was a static looking image with the wrong colors

link12552

decade club
Years
Update 1.7

Update NSE 1.7-
Yay, it's finally here XD

• Fixed some bugs
  • An overall speedup
  • Better, faster free space finding
  • More dynamics added to bookmarks, (Image lengths, more dynamic pointers, support for LZ bookmarks)
  • LZ Decompression and Re-compression on both images and palettes
  • Re-point compressed images and palettes, NSE will search for and change any referencing pointers
  • Automatically finds free-space or do it yourself in Advanced Mode

-----
icon.png
-----

CompEX.png

AdvSave.png

Get this dialog (above) by switching to Advanced mode,
or let NSE do it automatically! (Applies to both images and palettes)

Note(S): What this means-

This does not mean that you can change the size of compressed images,
-But rather means that you can edit the image and palette inside of NSE, export and import bitmaps, and a ton of other things.

I highly recommend you bookmark anything you re-point , so you don't forget the offset.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Update NSE 1.7-
Yay, it's finally here XD

• Fixed some bugs
  • An overall speedup
  • Better, faster free space finding
  • More dynamics added to bookmarks, (Image lengths, more dynamic pointers, support for LZ bookmarks)
  • LZ Decompression and Re-compression on both images and palettes
  • Re-point compressed images and palettes, NSE will search for and change any referencing pointers
  • Automatically finds free-space or do it yourself in Advanced Mode

-----
icon.png
-----

CompEX.png

AdvSave.png

Get this dialog (above) by switching to Advanced mode,
or let NSE do it automatically! (Applies to both images and palettes)

Note(S): What this means-

This does not mean that you can change the size of compressed images,
-But rather means that you can edit the image and palette inside of NSE, export and import bitmaps, and a ton of other things.

I highly recommend you bookmark anything you re-point , so you don't forget the offset.
Yes, it's finally here!
Two things though:
What about images that are decompressed, but have a compressed palette? Or vice-versa? Maybe you could combine both offset browsing boxes and put checkmarks to determine whether one or the other is compressed (or not).

Second, you have a spelling mistake (Auto-abort if data is to big, should be too big).

link12552

decade club
Years
Yes, it's finally here!
Two things though:
What about images that are decompressed, but have a compressed palette? Or vice-versa? Maybe you could combine both offset browsing boxes and put checkmarks to determine whether one or the other is compressed (or not).

Second, you have a spelling mistake (Auto-abort if data is to big, should be too big).

- NSE automatically checks what exactly it is your looking at/for.
It knows if a palette is compressed. It knows if an image is compressed.
It just knows... spooky:paranoid:

And yes, you can mix and match compressed and uncompressed images and palettes.

AdvSave.png

Whoops... :knockedou
Sorry for the spelling issue. My bad,
and after all the work I put into this update... cries.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
- NSE automatically checks what exactly it is your looking at/for.
It knows if a palette is compressed. It knows if an image is compressed.
It just knows... spooky:paranoid:

And yes, you can mix and match compressed and uncompressed images and palettes.

AdvSave.png

Whoops... :knockedou
Sorry for the spelling issue. My bad,
and after all the work I put into this update... cries.
That feature is cool!
And no worries, it's just one letter. The same exact mistake was made in un-LZ (Compressed size is: 0xYYY. Which is to big. Aborting.)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
lol, it pains me how common that mistake is D:
anyways, might i suggest something to you?
if/when an image is repointed, you should also over-write the old image with the "FF" byte, as to preserve free-space.

link12552

decade club
Years
UPDATE 1.7.0.5

That feature is cool!
And no worries, it's just one letter. The same exact mistake was made in un-LZ (Compressed size is: 0xYYY. Which is to big. Aborting.)

No! I'm worrying about it :P

lol, it pains me how common that mistake is D:
anyways, might i suggest something to you?
if/when an image is repointed, you should also over-write the old image with the "FF" byte, as to preserve free-space.

Good idea!
Never really, crossed my mind (Except for briefly, before being shoved aside by another idea) XD

In-fact...

UPDATE 1.7.0.5

• Replaces old images ( after a re-point) with free-space
  • Fixed an unforgivable spelling mistake :p
  • Tweaked the LZ compression algorithm
  • Added a nifty button hyper-linking to this thread!

AdvSaveSP.png

See, I fixed it! :knockedou

Last edited:
Back