• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium

Which tiles should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Information:_______________________________________________

Hack Name:
Pokemon: Palladium
Game Base: Pokemon: FireRed (1.0 BPRE)
Creator: FireShock
Language: English

Features:_________________________________________________

Two New Regions -
Explore the new regions of Renon and Sonata.
Renon Tournament - Battle in the tournament that decides the new champion!
No Trade Evolutions -
Evolve them by leveling them up.
De-Capitalization - Everything you can think of has been De-capitalized.
Recyclable System - Everybody could use a free item here and there.
Running Inside - Run around freely inside of buildings.
Day and Night - Watch as day turns to night and night turns to day.
Mini-Games - Take a break and going mining for some items.
New Tiles - Enjoy the sights on your adventure.

The Story:________________________________________________

You're a 15 year old kid who really never cared for Pokemon. Your brother, on the other hand loved playing and battling with Pokemon ever
since he was little. When he turned 13 he set out on his own Pokemon adventure hoping to become the Pokemon Champion of Renon with his
partner Espeon. Nobody has heard from him since. The only thing that you remember about him are stories that your parents told you about him.
Hoping to see him again, you ask your best friend Ryan to help you out. He agrees to help you and that he'll meet you in the morning to leave.

Characters:_____________________________________________________

Brian/Aimie (Player): Brian/Aimie just turned 15 years old. Unlike most people Brian/Aimie never really liked Pokemon. Every year
for his/her birthday Professor Kin has offered Brian/Aimie a starter Pokemon. But as always, Brian/Aimie declined the offer. Brian/Aimie had
a last second change of mind and accepted the offer in hopes of finding his/her brother with said Pokemon. Ryan has
accepted to help find
Brian's/Aimie's brother and will be getting his starter Pokemon with you to help find him. Ryan and Brian/Aimie have been best friends ever
since they where little kids and will do anything for each other.

Ryan: Ryan is 14 years old. Unlike his best friend Brain/Aimie he loves Pokemon and will do anything to help them out. Jack always
picks on Ryan because he was the younger of the three. Ryan has agreed to help Brian/Aimie find his/her brother by setting out and
looking throughout the region of Renon for him.

Jack (Rival): Jack is 16 years old and has always been in the shadow of Brian/Aimie. He's setting out on his Pokemon journey
to show everybody that he can be just as good
as Brian/Aimie. To do this he plans on winning the Renon Tournament.

??? (Brother): ??? is 23 years old by now, as he was 13 when he left for his journey. Not much is known about Brian/Aimie's
brother. He left home ten years ago to become the Renon Champion with his Espeon. Nobody has heard from him since then.

Screenshots:_____________________________________________
Beta One
PokemonDemo1.png
PokemonDemo2.png
PokemonDemo3.png

PokemonDemo4.png
PokemonDemo5.png
PokemonDemo6.png

PokemonDemo7.png
PokemonDemo8.png
PokemonDemo9.png

PokemonDemo10.png
PokemonDemo11.png
PokemonDemo12.png

PokemonDemo13.png
PokemonDemo14.png
PokemonDemo15.png

PokemonDemo16.png
PokemonDemo17.png
PokemonDemo18.png

PokemonDemo19.png
PokemonPalladium1111.png
PokemonDemo21.png

Glitches:________________________________________________________

- The town map isn't inserted yet.
- Some doors are missing animation. (Fixed for beta two)

If you find a glitch or bug that isn't listed here please let me know.

Official Walkthrough:

Spoiler:

Releases:________________________________________________

Beta One: This beta ends after the events in Carolina City.
Download: Here
Length: Around eight to ten hours in game time. There are four gyms total in this beta.
Date: 7/12/10

Credits:_________________________________________________________

Sarcastic Prince - Grammar Corrector.
Kyledove - Tiles.
874521 - Tiles.
Onyx79 - Tiles and Rom Base.
Cirnos Servant - Tiles and Rom Base.
Wesley FG - Tiles and Rom Base.
12345 - Tiles and Rom Base.
Scytha - 5th Gen Sprite.

Last edited:
Years
sounds interesting but the screenshots don't work for me. BTW am interested... what is BPRE? And are there new pokemon in this?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
First before viewing the thread I was sure it was some kind of joke that a thread made straight to the showcase. But this ain't a bad hack, and a lot is done already :O

I might try the beta out later...

Years
^Download the one on doperom (Fire Red) and patch it using the IPS one... I did not get the Sienna version

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
sounds interesting but the screenshots don't work for me. BTW am interested... what is BPRE? And are there new pokemon in this?

At this time there are no new Pokemon in the hack. And to answer your question BPR stands for the rom type and E is the language it's in.

I downloaded and patched it two different ways, but it's Sienna Version O_o

I just downloaded it and tested it and both patches work fine for me.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
This looks really good! I think I'll try it out!

EDIT: So far, this hack seems to be excellent! That graphics are pleasing, and the story so far is interesting. One thing I especially noticed was when:

Spoiler:

Well, so far I am very pleased with this hack! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
Are you going to update the beginning so that when new betas come out we are recommended to start over? Or are you going to leave the beginning so we can start now and continue later

Years
^It is pretty well developed although he released it today. And the screenshots and stuff look AWESOME.

It already has like 8 hours gametime. That is pretty incredible

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
Sorry, I only glanced the first time. It does look impressive, however, is the OW going to stay the same?

Years
I just tested it out and there are some things I noticed...

1. Everything being very shaded... very nice. It is very unique

2. Nice, you start off getting Oak the GS ball. I do have to ask though: Does it come in handy later?

3. The rate of wild pokemon is kind of annoying though... at least in my opinion. Can't go 2 patches of grass without a pokemon popping out. I think it's too often, but that's just me.

4. Just beat the first leader, good job with air cutter. That was a powerful attack!!

5. And I like the two rivals, though I wish I got the Eevee :(

6. So far so nice... I like the fact that Charmander learns Metal Claw so early. That was a nice touch

7. I like that there are so many trainers, I love fighting trainers :)

So far so good. Thought it was awesome!

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Sorry, I only glanced the first time. It does look impressive, however, is the OW going to stay the same?

Yeah, I see no real reason to change it. I've always liked the default ones.

I just tested it out and there are some things I noticed...

1. Everything being very shaded... very nice. It is very unique

2. Nice, you start off getting Oak the GS ball. I do have to ask though: Does it come in handy later?

3. The rate of wild pokemon is kind of annoying though... at least in my opinion. Can't go 2 patches of grass without a pokemon popping out. I think it's too often, but that's just me.

4. Just beat the first leader, good job with air cutter. That was a powerful attack!!

5. And I like the two rivals, though I wish I got the Eevee :(

6. So far so nice... I like the fact that Charmander learns Metal Claw so early. That was a nice touch

7. I like that there are so many trainers, I love fighting trainers :)

So far so good. Thought it was awesome!

Thanks for all of your input. I have no plans to reuse the GS Ball at the moment, but I might in the future. The wild Pokemon rate is the same as the normal FireRed one, but if people really get annoyed by it I'll tone it down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
^Download the one on doperom (Fire Red) and patch it using the IPS one... I did not get the Sienna version
I re-downloaded the patch and applied it and it worked fine. I guess it was just some freak thing O.o Sorry for any confusion xP

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
It's a shame you're using a rombase, because it would look better with custom tiles :)
Congrats on posting to the Hacks Showcase :D

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
I'm currently looking for someone to help insert indoor tiles. This includes the Pokemon Center, Pokemon Mart, Etc. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
looks good, im going to download it now, will I be able to continue my save in the next beta?

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
looks good, im going to download it now, will I be able to continue my save in the next beta?
Everything in beta one is done for the most part so you should be able to play your beta one save file on beta two.

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
bug: whenever i press select to move my items up to the top of the bag, and i exit it, i cant move. the screen just lets me pan left or right.

Back