The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 582 69.62%
Alright! 130 15.55%
Average 58 6.94%
Awful.. 16 1.91%
Abomination.... 50 5.98%
Voters: 836. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
What would be a cool idea is if he was becomes a host for an ai so they can travel from their dimension to in game but thats just my idea

Old July 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

awww i wanted a dragon and a steel type eevee aww well doesn't matter
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
What a cool game! I'd like to help out if I may.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old July 17th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

Wow, cool update! I love the rival story and how it mix with AI story...and also chikorita! (I was going to ask you if there was any grass pokemon in the beginning...)
Also who's that pokemon in the 4-5-6th screens?
And I found a bug in the current version: when you bring oak the RNA distiller he sais "thank you here is your reward" and then freezes; not the game but the prof himself (and the bad thing is that he doesn't give you the reward...)

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage

Old July 18th, 2010, 12:43 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Previous Update Posts
Spoiler:
5/7/10 - AIs, Necro Forms, Route 6, Home Base
6/7/10 - Rival update, some DEvamps.
7/7/10 - Elemental cards.
9/7/10 - Necro Event, Eeveeon and Storyline.
10/7/10 - Pokedex
11/7/10 - v0.23 release, added pokemon
12/7/10- New eevee selection screen,
14/7/10 - Phone, World Map
17/7/10 - Team Rocket Event #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
What would be a cool idea is if he was becomes a host for an ai so they can travel from their dimension to in game but thats just my idea
The AIs don't usually come into the game world, but they do have the ability to- Zero and XDR have been in the game world for quite some time- they can assume the form of normal humans. But they have 'apprentices' of sorts. People they call from the game world to do tasks for them.

I don't really want them to possess their apprentice, as that would mean they would loose their personality.

I want a strong rivalry/friend thing going on with the hero and the rival, so the rival becomes one of thoes tragic villans. He'll probably become the final boss battle. Zero is just a plain villan, killing him would be no problem, but killing the rival would be a little bitter-sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
awww i wanted a dragon and a steel type eevee :( aww well doesn't matter
You cracked me- Ok. I MIGHT( meaning not confirmed) add 4 more eeveeon. Suggestions would be nice;
Steel I can do! not sure about dragon, because it would be a little overpowered- plus I wouldn't know what it would look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
What a cool game! I'd like to help out if I may.
I don't really need any direct help, most graphics are just ripped out of G/S/C. Music is just from FF8. I find it a lot easier to do things myself, rather than co-ordinating with others. :/ - That said, beta testing is definetly welcomed- if you find glitches just post them and ill fix and add name to credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Harpuia View Post
Wow, cool update! I love the rival story and how it mix with AI story...and also chikorita! (I was going to ask you if there was any grass pokemon in the beginning...)
Also who's that pokemon in the 4-5-6th screens?
And I found a bug in the current version: when you bring oak the RNA distiller he sais "thank you here is your reward" and then freezes; not the game but the prof himself (and the bad thing is that he doesn't give you the reward...)
Ah, yeah- forogt bout that. Ill add in a award, don't worry, ill you'll get the award if you've completed upon updating the save file to the latest ver.
as in the pokemon, it's not catchable- its just a NPC, roaming around the backyard of Professor elm's lab.

UPDATE-O

Pretty good one today :D.
Bitter Bait
In some routes there will be baiting spots.
Corrupted pokemon enjoy eating Bitter Bait.
You can lay down bitter bait. Every time you enter the area, you *might* find a corrupted pokemon eating the bitter bait.
If you do find the corrupted pokemon, you can fight, defeat and catch it.

Thats not really that different than normal corrupted encounters, except that bitter bait is hard to find, its a rare item.
You have to be careful with the bait, you can only use one per bait spot. So if you find a bait spot, Don't be hasty, as you might find another bait spot containing a better pokemon later.

Bitter bait is rare, but there will be enough bitter bait for all bait spots.
Ive programmed in 2 bait spots so far, one in route 2(outside waterfall) in which a Corrupted Nidoran (M) can be found, and one in route 3, in which a corrupted bellsprout can be found.
More to be added before next demo.

-----------
Switching Eevee Forms Update
I was looking over the original post, and It said "Eevee can evolve and devolve anytime"
That was not true. In a battle you were locked in the current form.... WELL NO MORE!
Im excited to announce an awesome feature.

Real time- In battle Eevee Switching!

-
Yep, starting v0.24 (comming soon) you can switch forms in battle! All forms of eevee will come equiped with an "attack" called Form Switch! Click on it, and then select the form you want.
-
To dicourage overuse, switching inbattle will cost Eevee some PP, either a set amount or a percentage. So people would want to swtich eevee forms before getting into a battle, but they can do it mid-battle if loosing some PP isn't a big deal.

--------------
If all goes well- v0.24 will be out sometime in the next two weeks.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 18th, 2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: brab.
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:23 PM
incognito322
let's look towards the future!

Nature: Naive
Talk about nostalgia... even if it's not a Pokemon Pokemon game, this game looks awesome. Me and my friend were just talking about how G/S beats D/P by a longshot... (Please don't flame just a coincidental statement). Hehe I'm going to play the demo and see this game in action! Good luck to you and I look forward to more! :D
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I get out of Connecting Caves? I keep on coming across a bush and a dead end and I don't have Cut HM.

Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:59 AM
DarkDoom3000

!@incognito322- Thanks, hope you enjoy it :D

Quote:
How do I get out of Connecting Caves? I keep on coming across a bush and a dead end and I don't have Cut HM.
Yeah... Glitch. bad warp points in the cave :/. Don't enter the caves until you get the chainsaw (which you can get by heading east of the wooden city) Sorry for the inconvience
Hopefully you have a prior save (one of the main reasons I get the poke center to do a save promt is cause of bugs)
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

AH! Now I have to start a new game!

[/sig-reason]
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

I like that you will be able to switch forms in battle. For example during necro battle, in fury form he gets weaker to fire, so I wanted badly to switch my jolteon to flareon...Also the bait idea is good to capture extra pokemon.

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

Just call me Sage

Old July 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
AH! Now I have to start a new game!
Not nessicerly- you can get your save file, post it as an attachment- then i can move your character back to the start of the cave. and reupload it. then you can download.

or you can wait for the next version of the game- where the warps are fixed and you'll be able to exit the cave.

Quote:
I like that you will be able to switch forms in battle. For example during necro battle, in fury form he gets weaker to fire, so I wanted badly to switch my jolteon to flareon...Also the bait idea is good to capture extra pokemon.
Yeah- one of the problems I had were suprise boss battles- Like the rocket encounter 3, people wouldn't know what pokemon they're gonna have. so no instead of having a jolteon vs nidoking(who is immune to electric), you can switch it out for vaporeon or espeon.

I wished to make the inbattle selection screen flashier- but RPGmaker won't allow me to add the tetra element picture screen in mid-battle.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 19th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty
DarkDoom. Props man. This game is amazing! Maybe this is the way pokemon should have been I really wish I could make a game as great as yours without having to use the firered engine. How did you learn to do all this stuff?

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

i enjoyed every minute of the game so far =D nothin to do after necro
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
DarkDoom. Props man. This game is amazing! Maybe this is the way pokemon should have been >_> I really wish I could make a game as great as yours without having to use the firered engine. How did you learn to do all this stuff?
I'm using RPG Maker 2003 to make the game, It's a WYSIWYG game engine. It's pretty flexable on most stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden1 View Post
i enjoyed every minute of the game so far =D nothin to do after necro :P
Thanks, always nice to see people liking it- yeah, that's where v0.23 ends, You can go to amplus city, but that's not fully completed(in demo).

------------------------------

Ive finished up on the Iron Fist dojo and the amplus gym.
Heres some screenshots. (because textual updates are boring :P)

------
I've also updated the way you use the player house to move between cities, instead of showing you options of cities, it shows you a world map, and you can go to any city where you've bought a house.
------

Im gonna start mapping the forest i was talking about earlier. It's actually 2 forest, Luna and Sola Forest. But they both lie in the same space. Both have route 8 on the west, and route 7 on the east.

Heres the thing. Luna Forest can only be accessed at night. Sola forest can only be accessed at day. Mors Village is north of the forest- but it can only be accessed from the luna forest.

Yeah- but SPEE doesn't have a Day/night cycle(and it still won't). Ill explain it once i get it completed more.

----
Even with uni work, I'm still on schedule. Next demo in the next few weeks- By this weekend if im luckly.
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
anugrah6
Togepi

How to Defeat 1st AI in his 4th form My Team is Charmaleon,Vaporeon , Butterfree and Geodude
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

Oh dear god-withney's milktank

Moving on, the idea of different warp in night is awesome. Also I like that you are adding small particulares, like the map for house swithcing: they makes me think that you are putting a lot of effort in and so the quality of the game will always amaze me.

@anugrah6: if you remember what M said you before sending you to necro's domain, and look in your bag for a 2 particular item type and you use one of the first type, you will kill his last form in no time (I love puzzling answer...)

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

Just call me Sage

Old July 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Forbidden1
Combat Arms

i have a feeling im going to have a hell of a time beating whitneys miltank
also, is it possible to capture a corrupted pokemon? without it devolving or purified?
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:

Moving on, the idea of different warp in night is awesome. Also I like that you are adding small particulares, like the map for house swithcing: they makes me think that you are putting a lot of effort in and so the quality of the game will always amaze me.

@anugrah6: if you remember what M said you before sending you to necro's domain, and look in your bag for a 2 particular item type and you use one of the first type, you will kill his last form in no time (I love puzzling answer...)
I beat her Miltank in 2 turns on HeartGold a month or so ago on my first try facing her. I was pretty proud haha. I've realized they make a way for you to defeat each gym leader [normally a common Pokemon found outside the town, or a trainer in the town that will trade you a Pokemon for a common Pokemon found outside the town. It was the second situation in Whitney's case] in each town, you just have to figure it out before you face them. Whitney was a breeze once I figured out how to own the Miltank :D

Yet, I still shivered when I saw her in THIS game lol. The childhood trauma just never fades away lmao.

I like the idea of the forest changing depending on time of day too, but what if you're in Mors Village, save, and come back to play during the day? o_o;;; lol
Old July 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM
CyberSamurai
Devoted Battler

to darkdoom, if you looking for different eevolutions id try deviantArt. i browsed through there a few times before and found a few cool looking eevolutions.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:17 AM
DarkDoom3000

Replies
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSamurai View Post
to darkdoom, if you looking for different eevolutions id try deviantArt. i browsed through there a few times before and found a few cool looking eevolutions.
Thanks, theres some pretty good designs there. Im still not 100% comitted to the idea though- If i were to add them (mabye after i finish core game) it would be bug(because no other eevee types are super effective against dark), and ground (no one else SE against electric).
I would also add dragon and steel as endgame bonuses. I suspect steel would be overused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
Yet, I still shivered when I saw her in THIS game lol. The childhood trauma just never fades away lmao.

I like the idea of the forest changing depending on time of day too, but what if you're in Mors Village, save, and come back to play during the day? o_o;;; lol
I've done delicate balancing. Jolteon> Flanker, Vaporeon > Cave, Flareon > Bugzy + forest, Espeon > Dojo > Miltank. sneaky sneaky. And it will continue- Umbreon > morty (ghost gym)
Don't be mistaken- theres no actual "time of day" as the game lacks an internal clock. explained later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden1 View Post
i have a feeling im going to have a hell of a time beating whitneys miltank >_>
also, is it possible to capture a corrupted pokemon? without it devolving or purified?
Not really, all corrupted pokemon so far devolve.I'll probably keep it like that for people who (god knows why) would want to keep their pokemon at basic level. Even though they are at basic form, their starting off level may be higher than the evolution level- so you can evolve stright away.

Quote:

Moving on, the idea of different warp in night is awesome. Also I like that you are adding small particulares, like the map for house swithcing: they makes me think that you are putting a lot of effort in and so the quality of the game will always amaze me:).
thanks, :), I don't remember miltank being a major pain- but I do remember it killing me easily. Hmm. I think I may have underpowered the miltank. I may have to increase the level by a few nothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrah6 View Post
How to Defeat 1st AI in his 4th form My Team is Charmaleon,Vaporeon , Butterfree and Geodude
Pays to listen to M :P
It's good to hear that people actually reach the end of the demo.

UPDATEE
Good news. update.
I had no update yesterday, had school from 9-5, then work from 6-8. :/
but thursdays and fridays are generous to me.

I've finished mapping the Luna/Sola forest.
Ok so heres how it works.
-----------

SPEE was going to have a day/night system. It reached early alpha stage-

XxLionheartxX the controller of enviroments had remodeled one area of the game to work with the day/night system. a forest that morps depending on the time of day. He made it that mors village was only accessible during night- it was cool gimmic to show off the day/night system.... but.

then the Master AI: XDR announced his plan to destroy the world. It would be useless further developing the day/night system. so it was cancelled.

Now the forest is stuck in a state of eternal sunlight. meaning that Mors village has become in-accessible.... Which means the 4th gym badge is out of your grasp.

M has a solution. Retrive the sorce code for the day/night system and reactivate it so it will work on the forest. Allowing it to change from day to night..

But who has the sorce code? no other than the AI XxLionheartxX- coincidently, the next AI you were going to eliminate.
-
Because of a total lack of ingame clock, the forest you appear in will depend on the amount of battles you've done (even = sola, odd = luna). -I dont want people having to wait for the right time of day to advance.

Ironically, defeating XxlionheartxX will not only grant you luna forest, but it will also give you the umbreon form :)

---

--
I also added in the Map Item. Actually you have it in your bag from v0.2+ but it was not usable. in 0.24 it will be fully usable. showing you your location and all.
--

I'm hoping to get the XxlionheartxX event done tommorow. then program route 8 and mors city. If i can do them on time, then demo v0.24 should be out by monday.... hopefully.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:26 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Wow, so the forest completely changes form during the day/night switch. Creative. I like this whole, almost 4th-wall-breaking, sort of theme the game has haha.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

The day-night sistem is intriguing and I hope to see a comeback even in later events-ah, and about milktank, don't think too much over it: in soul silver I have beat her at the first try using bayleef; the owing memories are from silver time where I had only quilava. in fact, millktank rules because she destroy quilava that is the most used starter in IIgen...

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

Just call me Sage

Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

I dislike the project because it doesn't have a normal pokémon battle system but I love your maps
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I really do like this game, it is one of the funnest fangames I've played, if not one of the funnest games in general. The only problem is that I found it way too easy throughout the whole thing, though that could be my fault. (Haven't Game Over'd even once and only one pokemon faint.)

Can't wait to see more from this project either way.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
pokolul

Hey, found a bug! I got a poison status on jolteon, (i don't know if i got it before or after AI necro,) that never goes away. I have tried to to let it die, use antidote and berry, and I have healed it at a pokemon center. Still the poison status won't go away.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here