The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)
I want the Freely-rotating mode in the game 67 44.67%
I want the Swing-and-lock mode in the game 13 8.67%
I want the Set-and-lock mode in the game 16 10.67%
Have only 1 viewpoint (like d/p, hg,ss) 60 40.00%
Allow vertical movement 15 10.00%
More vertical movement 6 4.00%
Less vertical movement 5 3.33%
No vertical movement 14 9.33%
Lower vertical angle (no movement) 7 4.67%
Higher vertical angle (no movement) 5 3.33%
More zoom 25 16.67%
No zoom 20 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

That screen actually looks a lot better than the others, did you change any of the graphics? I tried to download the demo, but it didn't seem to want to let me unless I upgraded to premium.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old July 7th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
'Nother link added.. I've already fixed up the errors in the starter-kit demo (aside from the videos, which will be replaced by cut-scenes)..
Feedback please :)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Well I've played the demo now, and I'm pretty impressed. The zooming out and changing the 3dness is really cool. Once you've got the diagonal buildings you should probably lock that so the camera only swings eight directions. It has a lot of potential.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Thanks mate :D
Yeah I did the gfx myself.. You can talk to the old lady and she'll have different messages depending on what she's doing..
Diagonal gfx for buildings isn't so easy to do.. I couldn't settle on an angle to display.. I've considered using a square to display a quarter of the image.. But it didn't work so well with different shaped buildings..
Anyone wants to give it a try, let me know how it goes :p
Thanks for the comments peeky, I thought you actually hated this game..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:12 AM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
I like the maps.. They look almost the original.. :D
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Pikamon2
Pikamon2

Nature: Calm
Hi. I played both of your demo's and there really good. I've been following you for some time and decided to sign up. I liked the freely rotate option and the cut scenes in your first demo. Thanks.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I recommend you stay away from NeoMode 7.
It may be just me, but the game really lagged when I was playing. Also, it just doesn't look too appealing.

| relic castle - coming soon |
Old July 22nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilerba View Post
I recommend you stay away from NeoMode 7.
It may be just me, but the game really lagged when I was playing. Also, it just doesn't look too appealing.
I agree. I couldnt get into it properly because of the lag.

But other than that, Everything about the game is golden.Graphics dont matter for this particular game, as the scripting and eventing is far greater than that.What I would suggest is having an interface with Pikachu like on Yellow since that was also entitled to the anime.

Otherwise its pretty much perfect.Good Luck!

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer

The 3d (perspective) could be better, the buildings look more pixelated as you get closer, I personally dislike the whole dppt 3d, but I like your 8way directions idea

Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Cyrus55
Whee ! done with scripter.

Nature: Naughty
Yeah I Like this can i request for this game in dual screen?

The glutton pokemon early my hack...
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:49 AM
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Nature: Relaxed
Haha cool I've been away too long. Love the 3d-ish mode looks great. Keep it up

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
Holy crap!
This is probably one of the coolest Game's I've seen in a long while! Congratulations to you sir! Thank you very much!
Keep up the good work!

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM
mattfriends
Inactive... :(

Aren't you going to continue this game? It's good doh.

Old September 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Interesting game. I'm excited to see how it is... I like it that you have alternate intros so we can choose and not have to stick to an anime way

BTW I dled it and it says I don't have RGSS102E.dll... what is that?

Last edited by Tomackze; September 18th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
Will94
Trainer Card Maker

There haven't been any updates for a while, is the game still being continued???
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Pilder
Beginning Trainer

I just tried your demo and I have to say, it's a better idea than Nintendo ever had with the pokemon games. I seriously hope you finish this, I would pay for it. I'm not even joking. This is what I thought Yellow Version was going to be similar to when I first played it a long time ago, but, it wasn't and I was slightly disappointed.

Again, very good idea and so far, very well done and I hope you're able to finish it one day!
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:11 AM
tigeris56
Beginning Trainer

Hi why i have so many bugs with this game, when i start it, it don't show video and than says: '' One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system'', than it says: '' The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal'', ''The game will now install the necessary fonts''. But any of thous fonts can't install , than game runs, but with out playing videos. I can play this game until sperows attack than game crash.
Sorry about my bad english, please help.
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Sabrewulf238

I haven't voted on the poll just yet, but I'm playing the demo now and in relation to the camera....I think the only one that works well is the "Set and Lock" option.

With the other two the buildings look like they're moving also....it all looks very messy. Not good.

Also the zoom out get's a bit ridiculous after a while. Not sure why anyone would want to reduce the map to the size of an ant....

The zoom out seems good, it's cool to be right at the back of the character. One thing though....it's just a perspective issue I think but the roofs on the houses look a bit strange when you've zoomed in and moved the camera more flat along the ground. It's like the top of the roof is slipping down over the house more than it should...

I voted "no zoom" but really I mean "less of it". I don't really get why you're asking which camera type you want to include in the game....can't you include them all? (or two of them) What about lazy people (like me :p) who don't want to spend ages rotating the camera to get it just right? I prefer the set and lock mode...

I hope that helps a little

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; January 5th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
i don't think the creator of the thread is going to reply when they've been inactive for nearly 3 months now.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Pikamon2
Pikamon2

You never know the creator of the thread might be caught up in something more important in his life and will probably post when it gets sorted out and when the creator of the thread has finished the whole game or an update.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Umm.. Sorry to interrupt.. I was holding off posting this cause I was trying to think of a solution and also I didn't want to bump my own thread.. Since someone posted 2 days ago I thought it'd be ok..
I'd been having a few problems with the display adapters on my laptop (where the game is stored) and I assumed it was just a little buggy but stable.. Sadly something corrupted a little too much and now it won't boot up without doing a physical memory dump (blue screen).. So I'm unable to access the game files until I think of a way to access the HD..
I'm not even sure what the HD looks like.. I don't have high hopes that it was made to be connected to a desktop HD as slave, but I hope something like that is possible..
I'll post again when I have updates of some kind.. If anyone has any idea how to access those files, just inbox me..
I had started some more mapping before this all happened.. When I figure out what to do I'll post again.. But here's some sort of reward to the fans of this game.. These are sprites I made for a game I made with a friend a long time ago.. I seem to have lost the back sprites but oh well, these sprites might make an appearance in the game as a side quest or something (not sure whether to make them catchable or not) depending on how much filler material I require.. Anyhow I'm just hoping this game can be continued because I love working on it.. Sprites away:

I made names for them all that were in the pokemon style.. Anyways that's not important now, I'm gonna go try some stuff..

Old January 29th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Pikamon2
Pikamon2

Hi Krazy_Meerkat I have thought of a few ways you could recover the game No.1 You would have to install an operating system called Linux onto a USB stick from another computer. When this installation is done you just plug it into the laptop that you need to recover the files off then select boot from USB and when it's loaded go in My computer and select the hard drive (probably got a name like (D) or (G) ) then double-click it and click on whatever your name is on the computer/laptop and then you should be in your documents and you should be able to get it from there. Here's a link to download Ubuntu (Linux) it's a free operating system that is developed by various people around the world (Ubuntu is one of the best) anyway here's how to get to the site type in Ubuntu Linux and click on the top answer and when it loads up scroll down the page and click on download Ubuntu.

Here's a video of how to install it type in youtube: Ubuntu 10.10 Installed to USB Disk.
Make sure the USB stick still has enought space left to copy all the files of Pokemon Indigo League game.
If you are confused just leave me a message and I'll see what I can do.
I've got some more ideas if it doesn't work.
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Pikamon2
Pikamon2

You could get back Pokemon Indigo League game by doing this.
Method 1

1.Purchase a "Laptop Hard Drive Adaptor Kit" to allow you to plug your laptop hard drive into a standard PC (2.5 TO 3.5 inch IDE HDD).

2.Find a functioning standard PC that can read the file system that was on the laptop. One would need Windows 2k/XP or a Linux distribution to read an NTFS/FAT file system, whereas only a Linux distribution can read the EXT3 file system.

3.Open up the case and add the laptop drive with adaptor kit as a secondary HDD. Be sure that you have set this drive to either Cable Select, or Slave, depending on the configuration of the system, and the available IDE ports.

4.Copy the data you need from the laptop drive to the main drive of the PC, or consider using removable storage for small files.

Method 2

1. Purchase or cannibalize a 2.5" USB 2.0 or Firewire drive enclosure.

2. Find a functioning standard PC with an open USB port (or firewire port, as applicable) that can read the file system that was on the laptop. One would need Windows 2k/XP or a Linux distribution to read an NTFS/FAT file system, whereas only a Linux distribution can read the EXT3 file system.

3. Plug it in, wait for the tones (and/or mount it if that is necessary in this system)

4. Copy the data you need from the laptop drive to the main drive of the PC, or consider using removable storage for small files.

Information courtesy of Wikihow.

Last edited by Pikamon2; February 11th, 2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: More information needed to make it easier to know what the comments about.
Old February 12th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Hey Pikamon, thanks for the suggestion, and thank you to everyone else for such a quick response :)
I've already solved the problem by using a HDD adapter and re-installing windows, I've made a quick backup in case anything else like that ever happens again.. *slaps forehead*
A few people have said the demo links no longer work, I'll make a new demo soon and test it a lot more ;) Thinking of making it last up to somewhere in the 3rd episode (Ash catches a Pokemon).. That's all the news for now..

Old February 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Pikamon2
Pikamon2

I'm glad that everything's recovered I can't wait for the next update.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links