The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Alucus_Of_Borg
White Light Designer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.
Just remember that this is a fan game, the people making it are making it cus they enjoy it, its not there job and there not getting paid to make it, they are under no obligation to release anything and just remember people like you rushing them make it so making the game becomes less like fun and more like a chore. So please be patient.
Old April 24th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.
Jeez. This is the second time you've done this, blueguy.
Why bother repeating yourself. We get it.
You don't think a demo will come? Fine. Then just stop posting in the thread.
It's just spam.

Infact.
I'm hitting the report button.
People like you can't be allowed to get away with spamming topics.
Just because you believe a demo won't come out, doesn't mean it won't.
Games take time and anyone who appreciates a good game, has patience.
Anyone else who actually wants to play this game has been patient and are waiting.

No matter how long it takes, be it a few months or years before a demo comes out, we can wait.
If you can't, then don't bother posting, it's just spam and you aren't helping or contributing to the thread at all.

BACK ON TOPIC...
Out of curiosity, even though there was barely some minor changes storyline-wise when it came to HG/SS, is Acanthite considered a prequel to the originals or the remakes now?

Last edited by Andrew McKenzie; April 24th, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old April 24th, 2010, 06:16 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
Jeez. This is the second time you've done this, blueguy.
Why bother repeating yourself. We get it.
You don't think a demo will come? Fine. Then just stop posting in the thread.
It's just spam.

Infact.
I'm hitting the report button.
People like you can't be allowed to get away with spamming topics.
Just because you believe a demo won't come out, doesn't mean it won't.
Games take time and anyone who appreciates a good game, has patience.
Anyone else who actually wants to play this game has been patient and are waiting.

No matter how long it takes, be it a few months or years before a demo comes out, we can wait.
If you can't, then don't bother posting, it's just spam and you aren't helping or contributing to the thread at all.

BACK ON TOPIC...
Out of curiosity, even though there was barely some minor changes storyline-wise when it came to HG/SS, is Acanthite considered a prequel to the originals or the remakes now?
LOL

No offense, but sit down, and zip it, fanboy. Just to let you know, expressing an opinion that you disagree with isn't "spam." Everyone fapping out one-liners to some of the recent designs that have been posted is okay though, right? Yeah... I thought so. Fangking is a big boy; he doesn't need you policing this thread, and shouting at strangers. And by the way, it isn't your job to decide what "spam" is. I have a right to post what I want, where I want, and what I posted was perfectly acceptable and valid.

The main point I want to make is that there have been many promises, so I, myself, am not optimistic about the possibility of a demo. Would I still like one? Yes. Do I understand that a fan project is just that, a project made by fans in their free time for fun. Yes. Because I'm not stupid. So, thank you for taking the time to state the obvious, but it's cool. I commend you though... for not "allowing" me to "get away with" my "spamming." You're acting like I killed a fluffy kitty cat, simply because I expressed doubt about the future of the demo. And by the way, there isn't any reason why I shouldn't be doubtful about the future of the demo.

That doesn't mean that I'm disrespecting the people who have worked on the project at all. If anything, I, like many, am simply exasperated by how long I have wanted to play. And that's not an unfair feeling to have. I would also like to point out that the next time I would like advice about whether what I am posting is acceptable, or if I should, I will let you know. Until then, please mind your own business and get off your very high horse.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
Don't view or post on this project's thread, then, if you're that averse to it

We're aware of past failure, hindered further by having used three different engines and the changes forcing restarts, which is why the structures are now in place to generate productivity. Get over yourself.
I don't have aversion to the project, and am free to view, and post in the thread til the cows come home. I don't have anything to get over, really. Caaaalm down.
Seriously, is the only acceptable thing I can post in this thread, according to you, some sort of blind praise for... what?

Last edited by blueguy; April 24th, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Quote:
I don't have aversion to the project, and am free to view, and post in the thread til the cows come home. I don't have anything to get over, really. Caaaalm down.
Seriously, is the only acceptable thing I can post in this thread, according to you, some sort of blind praise for... what?
Blind praise, no. I don't expect anything of the sort. We're fully aware that promises haven't been kept for one reason or another in the past. As I've said, too much backtracking in my neverending quest for perfection. But finally we have the stable engine, we have the designs, we have the story, we have the graphics and sound, we have most of our demo crafted and refined to the standard I've dreamed of.

I don't appreciate the negativity you're pedalling, though - it's not helpful or constructive but quite the opposite. As momentum's with us, we'd like to keep it that way. All you're doing by repeatedly bleating about it not coming out ever in a million years is derailing the thread which, outside the Acanthite forum, is our main source of generating interest (and interest is often what gives us the staff and output). A little support and encouragement would be nice Your trolling suggests to me that you DO have an aversion to our project. If you can't bring anything constructive to the table now, then keep your thoughts to yourself for the moment and then give us feedback on the demo itself.

I hope you like your eggs on your face.
Old April 25th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Quote:
*wall of text*
Well, first things first, I'm not a fanboy.
I just appreciate the effort they're putting in.

And whilst your point may be valid, blueguy, it doesn't mean you have to keep saying it.
Once it is said, it doesn't need saying again.

I mean, sure, there has been many a let down concerning the project but it'll be worth it in the end if they ever get there.

You've added your point. You think they'll let us down.
That's fine. That's your opinion.
But honestly, it doesn't need saying more than once and can get annoying for not just us members but the game developers when someone comes into their thread, constantly repeating about how they'll let everyone down.

But...

Simply put. Let's drop the entire subject and wait to see what happens.
One should not doubt the initiative they have until one knows full well whether they will fail or not.
Wait and see if they release a demo when they say they will, and if they don't, your opinion is reserved and you have total right to what you say.

Let's just be patient, yeah?
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
xman101
Beginning Trainer

i'm insanely new here btw you mentioned unique typeing on that ice turtle guy who's name currently escapes me so what types?
yes your point is valid blueguy, but don't under estimate the game before you've tried it i hope to play it soon fangking keep up the
great work

blueguy it's not like they are nintendo they can't pay people or be paid to do it i admire them for taking on such a huge task

off topic i want to become a spriter how do i start?

and fangking there is a lot of youtube vids with many views of the pokemons concept arts that is where i saw it

Last edited by xman101; July 13th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

This thread has been inactive for more than two months, meaning that only the original poster of the thread can revive it. And as you are not him, I'll have to close the thread. Fangking is more than welcome to contact me and have the thread reopened, of course.

*LOCKED*

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

The thread has been reopened by the thread creator's request.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 13th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Typical it gets locked the day before an update Anyhow.

OK, we have a demo on its way, as you have known for probably a little too long. And it's really taking shape now. Progress has been slow due to the end of year exams and real life things as always, but here we are in summer, getting back on target and it's nearly ready. There are still a number of jobs to do before the release but to whet your appetites, here's a sneak preview of what's to come:

Enjoy

Last edited by Fangking Omega; July 13th, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangking Omega View Post
Typical it gets locked the day before an update Anyhow.

OK, we have a demo on its way, as you have known for probably a little too long. And it's really taking shape now. Progress has been slow due to the end of year exams and real life things as always, but here we are in summer, getting back on target and it's nearly ready. There are still a number of jobs to do before the release but to whet your appetites, here's a sneak preview of what's to come:

Enjoy
Holy custom graphics, Batman.

All looks good, and I'm looking forward to the demo. But, I don't know if you noticed this typo or if the spelling check hasn't been completed for every part, but it's "practiCe," not "practiSe." Funny, that may be the only thing wrong I've seen in this entire thing. Can't wait till this is released.

Also, is this game going to have official Pokemon, or will they all be Fakemon? I just noticed the lack of officials in the screenshots.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Jayje
The First Maker

Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
Alright!!! I was starting to think that this game was file 13'd. great to see this come back

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM
DigimonMaster
Lurkermon

Looks, great all around around. Can't wait to see more, I continue to really enjoy the fakemon appearing in this game. Aside from a minor spelling error (practise should be practice) it all looks very professional.

Old July 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Fixed the spelling error and replaced the screenshot, thanks for pointing it out

Just to answer the question about official Pokémon, yes, they will appear in Acanthite. These screens have been picked to show off a few sprites of our new Pokémon though, since sprites have been kept under wraps for the mostpart.
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Geeked
Pokemon Crimson Version

Nature: Adamant
Looking great Fanking! keep it up!
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Can't wait to play the demo of the first fangame I ever saw. Those screens are great, you've fixed the one downside to Acanthite, graphics. I especially like the insides of the houses.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old August 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
Inv4sion
A weakling I see, what a pity.

Nature: Naughty
really looking forward to teh demo :D
Plz release soon
*crosses fingers*

^Made by Abnegation^

http://topazgfx.help-out.net
Inv4sion's Taskbar
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Not being two months yet .... Anybody else think the water and grass type starters look very similar in their base stage?
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:16 AM
incognito322
let's look towards the future!

Nature: Naive
It looks really good! Like better, so much better since the first time I saw it, and even then to me it was the bar for Pokemon fangames. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to play yer demo! :3

A new journey awaits!
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:34 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Went on the official site a couple of weeks ago; the new radish line looks a lot better than the Gobleaf line overall.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
tangvor
Pokemon FTW

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to tangvor
This looks awesome.
Reminds me of Torzach whenever it was still making progress.
Hope this one finishes :]
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Poison Master
Poison'd You.

While I was reading most of the post in this thread, I was worried it was dead.

But it's been revived, so I hope tosee this get done. I love the sprites, and what not. Custom Grahpics look AMAZING , keep up on the good work.

- Ryan
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
this is just way past epic

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Muumajii
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Acanthite official site is down for me...how bout anyone else? :O

This game is looking amazing so far. The Pokemon designs are phenomenal. Any word on when the demo will be out? :o
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Don't ask for Full Game or Demo release dates dude, it's against the rules.

The Demo will be released when it is ready to be released.

And I must say, graphically, this is looking to be an epic game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here