• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Endtime

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
sigpic218033_1.gif

Pokemon: Endtime

The region of Kaffar has been a peaceful place to live for the past few decades. There aren't any weirdos is flamboyant outfits trying to destroy the world, no legendary Pokemon who randomly attack each other. The region is seemingly prosperous.
But its the dark secrets that everyone refuses to believe, or speak of, that threaten the world.
Mysterious disappearances have been happening for the past few years. Everyone refuses to believe it, but now the Governor has joined the missing. Can these mysterious disappearances be connected to the dark past of Kaffar? What happened to the missing? Developed in RMXP, discover the answer to these questions and more in Pokemon: Endtime!

Screenshots:

Credits:
HarIII- Help, and assistance. Partner.
NikNaks- For the original map
shinylugia249- Tiles
Neo-Spriteman- Tiles
pokemad- His water tile
4th Gen Matt- A bunch of resources
Mortenkein- Graphic Resources
FL .- Lots of resources, and other stuff
Humm96- Amazing sprites
Kyledove-Many Tiles
Epsilon-Half-Demon- A pokemon Concept
>Dante<-Tiles
Moebius(giova90) - Tiles
Womanizer- Tiles
Aten974- Tiles
Newtiteuf-Tiles
WesleyFG-Tiles
Rverah-duh-Tiles
Platinum Tyrant-Tiles
Spacemotion-tiles
KageNoSensai-tiles
anutter-tiles
speedialga-tiles
Alucus-Tiles
pokemon-diamond-Tiles
kizemaru-kurunosuke-Tiles
danerdydude-Tiles
klnothincomin-Tiles
EpicDay-Tiles
Thurpok-Tiles
UltimoSpriter-Tiles
Chimcharsfireworks-Tile Collection
ForeverXShoddyBattle-Tiles
Penzo94-Tiles

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Meh I don't like the Region map it doesnt allow the player to travel to other cities first :/

The story doesnt tell much neither, which for spoiler reasons is acceptable.But you said that there wasnt any treat to the world, but then a threat appears? kinda... Hypocritical?no thats not the word.... contradicting i think.Anyway, you went against your own story.

The maps are the only thing that stand out, even if they were to just keep the thread.It really doesnt tell alot.

Overall, your thread is given a 3/10.Get more things and it goes higher.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
The region map doesn't seem all that good. The setup isn't quite, but almost rectangular feeling than a natural world feel. Also the mixing of tiles doesn't look great.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Meh I don't like the Region map it doesnt allow the player to travel to other cities first :/
I am not quite sure what you even mean by that?

The story doesnt tell much neither, which for spoiler reasons is acceptable.But you said that there wasnt any treat to the world, but then a threat appears? kinda... Hypocritical?no thats not the word.... contradicting i think.Anyway, you went against your own story.
You obviously didn't spend much time reading the story. Never once did I say that there was no threat. Seriously, find out what seemingly means.

The region map doesn't seem all that good. The setup isn't quite, but almost rectangular feeling than a natural world feel. Also the mixing of tiles doesn't look great.

The whole region is pretty much built on a mountain. As you get closer to the center, the higher the mountains get. The tileset is also a work in progress. I would rather build the game than focus on that.

The whole reason i started this game was because I like to explore things. Its the whole reason why i ever played pokemon. Trust me, the maps will only get more spectacular, and with more caves and other places to explore as the game progresses.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
The region map is very plain, you can only travel to one one city after you pass another, it gives no real diversity for exploration. In other words, it's very linear.

Years
theres only one path on the map, thats what he means you cant explore other cities, its all linear. Not enough to see here overall

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
The region map is very plain, you can only travel to one one city after you pass another, it gives no real diversity for exploration. In other words, it's very linear.

Did you read his post right before yours? I think it's perfectly justified if it's on a mountain.

Go climb one, follow the trail. A lot of the times, the trail will wrap up and around in a spiral. It makes perfect sense, and it's different. Plus, what problem will there be if he adds Fly, Surf, and Waterfall?

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
Did you read his post right before yours? I think it's perfectly justified if it's on a mountain.

Go climb one, follow the trail. A lot of the times, the trail will wrap up and around in a spiral. It makes perfect sense, and it's different. Plus, what problem will there be if he adds Fly, Surf, and Waterfall?

I did indeed read it, but even mountain-wise there are other places to explore. I mean, a mountain isn't just one straight line going up and down, because to the sides you have trees and what-not, in which you could probably clear out a lot to create separate paths >>; Of course, this is just my opinion.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
You don't know how it will work out until you play it. Quite often you are off the defined path. (caves)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I agree, it needs some modifications; but the linear hing can work. Who knows, he might have it so there are ledges you can hop down through a forest from one city or another, or a pond or lake on a flat area :)

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
If it was 18 cities situated on one mountain, it wouldn't be one linear path all the way through. I've traveled through the mountains trons of times. How the roads are set up are two paths around the mountain, with towns along the way or some branching off for short roads to other towns. Yes, the path up the mountain is linear, but nothing like that.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I totally take back my statement,I was actually very sleepy and was just surfing lol.

There are alot of mountains that can allow people to travel to the next city without having to go through one.That is what I mean.It doesnt give the player the freedom to rome into the next city without having to go through one first.Its like...Mount Battle from xD or Colosseum in fact. But I really wont know until I try.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Update:
Yea, im slow aren't i?
Working on building and debugging the start of the game. Once that is done, the updated will come much, much faster.

New maps:

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
The players

(click them to see in better quality)
I need feedback! Also, would anyone like to apply to be an interior mapper, or a cave mapper?

The first beta should be coming soon. I just need to get past one bug and then its all smooth sailing from there.

FalseDestiny

Troll
Years
Your region is painfully linear. You should add more path diversions, perhaps a path through a mountain, like a cave passage, and make the small settlements the blue town color.

EDIT: Didn't even see the player sprites. You should edit the guy's hair a bit, he still seems a bit too much like Falkner. The girl's okay, but give her a different shirt and I'd say you're set.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
I think this looks fine.

I use to live in the mountains; there is some slight diversity in access, but for the most part you need to go through town A to reach town B, and town B to reach town C, but you can get to town A from town C. (The area I lived in was actually like this). Linear is good, but some slight diversity would be nice.

Other than that, it seems fine.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
I've had the argument about the map before. Trust me, it is anything but linear. Because it is on a mountain, there are a whole lot of caves. You can get to almost any city from a cave.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Please remember to add me to the credits in the first post. You seem to be using a bunch of my tiles.

Back