• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Move Editor

dragonh123

Pokemon Tamer
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
This Attack editor is so much better than the one i use to use, It actually tells you all the moves and their effects!

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2021
Halfshadow, I think you'll need to use a Pokémon Editor, such as Yet Another Pokémon Editor, to change compatibility issues.
It happened exactly the same thing to me, I used YAPE and it worked out.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Great program! It's only Move Editor that works on my computer.
Thank you.

I downloaded the V.1.02 and I'm very satisfied with it. Great job, congratulations!

Do you have any idea when will the V1.03 available? (I'm looking forward to edit contest data :P)

I'll try to stop being lazy and do it this week.

This looks awesomesauce on a bun,hun....But does this mean i can now turn "Screech" into "Schrei" for my ROM? Or does it just give you the ability to modify Egg moves?
You can change the name of the move among other things, yes. I have a separate program that edits egg moves.

This Attack editor is so much better than the one i use to use, It actually tells you all the moves and their effects!
Thank you.

Why your tool doesn't change the compatibility of the moves with the pokèmon? I have changed a move with LEAF BLADE and is now compatible with ELECTRODE... :|
Because what moves a pokemon learns by level and TM is stored with the pokemon data, not the attack data. There's already plenty of programs that can edit such data completely, so I see no need to make my own. As XElectro said, YAPE is a good one to use.

I like the program, but am, afraid to make any massive changes that would mess up the animations.
Don't worry, nothing you can change with this program will mess up the animations. But as always, please back up your rom before editing, just in case.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wow a neat tool. It looks like I'm going to use this. =P Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
It's a great tool FinalZero, but i'm looking for a tool that splits the moves into special and physical, like 4th gen. did. Do tou know how to do it (possible update)?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
It's a great tool FinalZero, but i'm looking for a tool that splits the moves into special and physical, like 4th gen. did. Do tou know how to do it (possible update)?
In generation III there's not a variable that says whether an attack is physical or special because it's determined by the type. It's simply not built into the game, so it would have to be added, which would take assembly, which I don't know enough of to do.

Wow a neat tool. It looks like I'm going to use this. =P Thank you, I'll give it a try.
Thank you.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Is the link down now or something?
It was down for a while yes, but it's working now. My friend's server does that sometimes... Also, I'm sorry for not finishing this program yet. My computer broke down last week so I couldn't program anything, and I just got it back up and running now.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I'm downloading this now, it sounds awesome, wish there was a screenshot or two though :(
nevermind, your site is apparently down, ill have to wait..

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
the jc tech galaxy site wont load for me. can someone load to a mirior site like mediafire please?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
What Slayer said... The site seems to STILL be down.

Also, can this change Attract to affect both genders?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
the jc tech galaxy site wont load for me. can someone load to a mirior site like mediafire please?
It works now. When the new version comes out soon, I'll upload it to mediafire in anticipation of any downtime.

Also, can this change Attract to affect both genders?
I'm afraid not.

wish there was a screenshot or two though
The program is small in size, so it's not really worth it imo.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Last edited:

Rockxero

Music Remixist
Years
Question: Is there a way to give moves that don't normally do damage base power? I tested it with Bulk Up, giving it 20 base power and keeping the original effect, but when my Breloom used it, it increased the stats and nothing else happened.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Question: Is there a way to give moves that don't normally do damage base power? I tested it with Bulk Up, giving it 20 base power and keeping the original effect, but when my Breloom used it, it increased the stats and nothing else happened.
You can give them base power like you just did yes, but it won't do anything. In order for the move to do damage, the effect would have to be changed. So, no, not without assembly.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Suggestion: in the next update, you could add a option to modify the last 3 padding bytes in the move data? This could make the FireRed DPSS patch (see the The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen topic in the R&D board) easier to use.

Anyway, congrats for the excelent tool; one of the best IMHO^^

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Suggestion: in the next update, you could add a option to modify the last 3 padding bytes in the move data?
That would be easy to do, but why?

This could make the FireRed DPSS patch (see the The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen topic in the R&D board) easier to use.
I don't understand where you're directing me to. Link please?

Back