The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
PatJamma
♪I can hear my heart bell♪

Nature: Relaxed
lol if you want to do a dungeon style then do it don't care about what other people think and just do it. and when it comes time for a beta, they might complain but thats when you say "just shut up and play the hack" and if they don't want to they are missing out ;D
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
pikapip26
PikaXPip

Nature: Sassy
It looks awesome! I <3 the tiles and your mapping is like, awesome!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I know I already commented here, but don't worry about what everyone thinks. You'll never be able to please everyone with a single hack, and you'll go crazy is you try. If people don't like what you're doing, there's a whole other board of hacks for them to follow instead. Do what you like. Do what makes you stand out and really provide a unique experience. Why do the same thing everyone else is doing? Everyone else has done it!

And even if that's not what you end up doing, just make sure that you really enjoy what it is that you do decide on, instead of compromising because not everyone is willing to wait and try it before forming an opinion. That's the way hacks die.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:46 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
wow this hack is compltely different but i love the story lineand u playing as the pokemon if u need help to fin people to help just vm or om me

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
I'd say that you should go for option C, because it's seems to be the most
exciting, unique of all options.

Don't worry if option C doesn't seem like the "Pokemon" type, 'cause
that's only gonna make your Hack MORE unique and special.
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!

Nature: Modest
Here's the updated version of SRT's intro! (Well, part of it XD ) ^___^

(I am aware of the text bugs in the "true" intro - this is pretty much unfixable and is the result of building this game upon the old Jersey Quest file, which bears the scars of Rubikon/A-text abuse from back when I was still in high school and had no bloody idea what I was doing when I repointed text willy-nilly. I should have started with a clean Ruby ROM, but using Jersey Quest as a base saved time...now I'm paying for it ' On the bright side, it used to be MUCH worse...)

After a good twenty-thirty hours of work, I finally have something to show for myself. Still have about 17 pages of script left to go through before the intro is fully complete, though...(the stuff in this video was equal to 8 pages of script, so...yeah ' ) Here, we get to see some of the changed story stuff. You no longer start out immediately as "Chosen one" of Raikou (that comes later) - you're just a very ordinary Pichu living a rather tough existence with your parents and your sister, Momo. Today is the day where you and Momo are finally allowed to come with the rest of the town to visit "Wise Elder" and the "Great Black One." It is a visit that will prompt a rash action, born of good intentions, that ultimately leads to the darkest despair...and the renewal of hope.

Dusk has fallen.
Day passes into night and a chapter is closed,
the end of a season, the end of one's innocence.
The scent of berries hangs heavy in the air,
a reminder, sticky-sweet along the tongue...

Hello, Pichu. Turn and face me...

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; July 26th, 2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo fail
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:04 AM
bladewarz
Starting post right now xD

Nature: Brave
Wow everything is just wow good luck on this bookmark
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
MKSSB
OKですか?

It looks awesome, it has a Mistery Dungeon style, which is good!
Good luck! I'll waiting an Alpha or a Beta...

~MKSSB
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:11 AM
Skully367
Bored...REEEEALLY bored.

Oh, I'm so glad this is back. I remember this from october. Can't wait until release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

Did she ever say that? All I read was that the Pichu replaced the trainer sprite. Could you please quote where she said that?

I love proving people wrong too. Especially people who think others are wrong. She replaced the Trainer Sprite with that Pichu sprite, that is all. Basically, she inserted Pichu twice, once as a Pokemon, once as the trainer.
Not to continue the argument, but my past self does have a good point. The summery of the Party Pichu won't have the same sprite as the 'Hero Data' card.

Last edited by Skully367; July 31st, 2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:11 AM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
EGAD! SO MANY TREES!
Lol, I love the intro. Seriously, I'm just even more impressed, now that I've seen it in motion. Very best of luck to you, PPG, this is honestly just fantastic.

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Kip
Highpaw!

Nature: Rash
I spent the past half hour reading the whole thread because I was so intrigued by the first post I wanted to see how the hack has developed. I've gotta say - I have never seen so much detail and effort put into the story of a hack. I absolutely love it! You have a real talent in that area and I'm very impressed. :D

I'm now so hooked on this game. The Intro looks fantastic and the mapping is very nice, especially considering that it is very hard to get a 'natural' look with the rigid and inflexible grid system. Either way I think it's been pulled off very well.

I really looking forward to updates 'n' stuff Good Luck with it!!

Old August 5th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Perri Lightfoot

@Gira and Kip - Thank you so very much for your kind words! I appreciate every comment I receive - its stuff like this that keeps me going.

Anyway, this is just a quick mapping update:

It's the first part of the Overworld map! (Tiles by Pokemon-Diamond with additional tiles by yours truly; based on the HG/SS map tiles by Game Freak). It was an absolute pain to insert and to get the palettes just right; but I feel it's worth it in the end, as it looks even better than I thought it would! I am aware of the rather stupid error I made on the right side of the map, where I have two path areas so close together you can step across and "skip" the lowest pink block (what was I thinking? ' Foresight, I lacks it...), but I will fix this with either a script or some minor remapping, so no worries. Anyway, SRT's overworld is broken up into six segments, each with a variety of "towns" and dungeons for our hero to explore. Each two segments of the map envelops a "chapter," or a smaller story arc within the overreaching plot - as for the details on those story arcs, you'll just have to wait a little XD For a preview of the first four segments of the map (though Segment #4 is not quite complete), click the spoiler tab below

Spoiler:

As you can see, my foresight improved as I progressed! XD And yes, it is explained in-game why you can't just go straight up instead of having to take the long way. XD

Last edited by Perri Lightfoot; August 5th, 2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
~Merilyn
Pokemon Misted Amethyst

Nature: Lax
I just discovered this hack the other day and I must say I am very impressed by the originality of it. You have done a fantastic job and I look forward to a release. Keep up the good work!
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:07 PM
smellybellysrock
Legend Of Band Camp: You ready

I saw this game earlier, and i have been drooling over it all day! It looks completely unique in every way! I'm really enjoying all of the updates, the game looks great!

ps, don't be hard on your mapping, its better than me

Are you ready for Band Camp?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:44 PM
Perri Lightfoot

Part Two of the intro is up for your viewing pleasure

The jerkiness in the audio and the random blackouts are NOT in-game...they're a result of editing the video in such a way to sync the sound to the action as much as possible '

We see the overworld; a little bit of the first of the "mini dungeons" in the game; and characters talking...and talking...and talking ' And they're only gonna talk MORE in the next part of the intro...but we'll start getting into real gameplay soon, I promise! =D Just gotta do the world-building and get the plot ball rolling
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Pokemonatoms
something...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemonatoms
Wow, this is one of the best hacks i have seen in a looooooooooooonnnng time better than anything i could do
... can i please help on it i can do anything you want me to.
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:14 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Amazing work, both with scripts and overworld (ow-map gave me some ideas and I might even make own) :D
Also, FF4 music fits in perfectly !

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:54 PM
smellybellysrock
Legend Of Band Camp: You ready

Oh my arceus, don't mind if I steal overworld, right? (Credits for idea will be given )

This looks like one of the best hacks out there, definitely going to keep my eye on this one :D

Are you ready for Band Camp?
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:17 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellybellysrock View Post
Oh my arceus, don't mind if I steal overworld, right? (Credits for idea will be given :) )

This looks like one of the best hacks out there, definitely going to keep my eye on this one :D
Don't mind if you steal. -.-', whats going on with this forum?

Any who it is great to see a new update Pink Parka. I have been watching this hack since the beginning and ever since your hack Jersey Quest. The intro is very intriguing and your story is very well thought through. Best of luck my friend :D

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old October 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Super Ultra Mega Charizard
not a beginner trainer :P

This is....wow....it's...wow....words cannot express how amazing this looks. Rescue Rangers has severe competition :D
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

Nature: Careful
Definitely worth a try. very interesting setting. (I like Mad Max and the Fallout setting a lot)
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
itari
すきま妖怪

Nature: Lax
This looking amazing! When will a download be available?

I program tools for ROM hacking! Check 'em out~

Advanced Song (WIP)
Type Effectiveness Editor (Version 2.0) -- New Release!
Tilemap Creator (Version 3.4)
Gen. I Minisprite Editor (Version 0.9)

Old October 6th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Beautiful intro Pirca =)
I'm really glad to see this back on action =)
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Orinjmate
The Orinj of the Mate

Nature: Calm
now THIS is awesome!
loving the over world map thing :D
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Kip
Highpaw!

Nature: Rash
This looks absolutely fantastic. Lol'd a bit at the Great Black One Maybe I was expecting some sort of god-like monster but it's a nice twist.

I love the whole map system you've got going there - I admit I was sceptical about it at first but you've pulled it off very well. The dungeon mapping is good too; I like how there's a variety of different trees rather than just the one in a row and the whole thing (minus the stairs ) looks about as natural as you can get with that grid system we all know and love. The custom music, again, fits the mood perfectly.

Nice one PPG - really looking forward to the next one! :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links