The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Assassian

This is gonna be pretty God damn awesome. Remind me again whether all the trade based evolution money grab pokemon are now level based or not.
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassian View Post
This is gonna be pretty God damn awesome. Remind me again whether all the trade based evolution money grab pokemon are now level based or not.
They probably will, since I think they were level based in Brown, they probably will in Prism as well (not exactly sure since I never owned a Pokemon with a trade bassed evolution in Brown)

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Pat Dude
I think, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
They probably will, since I think they were level based in Brown, they probably will in Prism as well (not exactly sure since I never owned a Pokemon with a trade bassed evolution in Brown)
Koolboyman used an item called Tradestone, it was a stone that evolved trade Pokémon in Brown.
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I know there is Hoenn pokemon in the game, but is there going to be Sinnoh pokemon in this beta or any future betas.
Old July 31st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm looking forward to this. I'll download it when it is ready, and I can get on my computer and load it on my MicroSD to play on my AceKard. I played an earlier beta, but it became lost in my computer's files.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:24 PM
ChrisTom
With all regards,

Nature: Lonely
I deeply thank you Coolboyman. I have been yearning to have a "Rebirth" for Pokemon Gold.

Do you remember the first time you played Pokemon? I remember the excitement as I embarked on a journey with my Cyndaquil down New Bark Town, not knowing what was going to happen. The Gyms were completely unknown to me. I barely knew half of the Pokedex. Everything was a grand journey into an unknown world filled with Pokemon and Discovery.

Usually you can only experience that once.

But thanks to you CBM, I can experience that once more. The beeping 8-bit tunes that sound totally anew and the old melodies that take us to faraway places. The starter which will slowly become a companion. The rushing nostalgia that almost brings tears to my eyes every time I hear Azalea Town and National Park.

And though you recieved harsh criticism, flamers, and spammers, you perservered. You were able to get past that. It seems like in the end (merely my hypothesis) that you were not making it for the Pokecommunity, your School, Money, or even a single user of the website. No, I believe you made it to make it. To simply feel that satisfaction of a conclusory accomplishment. And that is more amazing than making the game itself.

Your series of games will go down in Pokemon's history as the ones that gave us hope. In midst of the 5th Generation's chaotic unscertainty, you have made a wonderful game which relies entirely on the Pokemon Gold format.

CBM, you are giving several fans of the old games the beautiful gift of a rebirth.

That is something few people can do, and I thank you for it.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:36 PM
E3DaMeX
Beginning Trainer

^ Amen to that. Couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for all the hard work you've done so far. This game is going to be crazy, fo sho.

Old July 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Pat Dude
I think, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTom View Post
I deeply thank you Coolboyman. I have been yearning to have a "Rebirth" for Pokemon Gold.

Do you remember the first time you played Pokemon? I remember the excitement as I embarked on a journey with my Cyndaquil down New Bark Town, not knowing what was going to happen. The Gyms were completely unknown to me. I barely knew half of the Pokedex. Everything was a grand journey into an unknown world filled with Pokemon and Discovery.

Usually you can only experience that once.

But thanks to you CBM, I can experience that once more. The beeping 8-bit tunes that sound totally anew and the old melodies that take us to faraway places. The starter which will slowly become a companion. The rushing nostalgia that almost brings tears to my eyes every time I hear Azalea Town and National Park.

And though you recieved harsh criticism, flamers, and spammers, you perservered. You were able to get past that. It seems like in the end (merely my hypothesis) that you were not making it for the Pokecommunity, your School, Money, or even a single user of the website. No, I believe you made it to make it. To simply feel that satisfaction of a conclusory accomplishment. And that is more amazing than making the game itself.

Your series of games will go down in Pokemon's history as the ones that gave us hope. In midst of the 5th Generation's chaotic unscertainty, you have made a wonderful game which relies entirely on the Pokemon Gold format.

CBM, you are giving several fans of the old games the beautiful gift of a rebirth.

That is something few people can do, and I thank you for it.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom
I legit teared up man.

Beautiful statement.
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:09 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I agree. That was a great statement. Thank you Coolbayman, for persevering!
Old July 31st, 2010, 07:13 PM
hitsu.
♪`ichirin no hana`♫

Heh, if this was a Shiny Gold [Summer 2010 Beta] thread, there'd be +50 pages by now...

Beautiful graphics! Better than any Adv game. Seriously, 8-bit and the colours, purely amazing. Most impressive are probably the mini-games, the new features, and the Brown compatibility!

I was thinking a few days ago "What if you could make a mini board game?". And then, just a few minutes ago, I see your 'Pachisi Board Game' video on Youtube Impressive, as always.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:12 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I'm looking forward to this. I'll download it when it is ready, and I can get on my computer and load it on my MicroSD to play on my AceKard. I played an earlier beta, but it became lost in my computer's files.
Yeah I play mine on my R4 too :3(I am no noob, its a genuine R4 with wood firmware)
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:31 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
I'm dealing with a really annoying glitch right now so it's not quite ready yet, sorry.

It makes your save file corrupted.

So yeah, hopefully you can understand why I don't want this out yet.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:34 PM
hitsu.
♪`ichirin no hana`♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyman View Post
I'm dealing with a really annoying glitch right now so it's not quite ready yet, sorry.
Take your time is all I can say. We're all (well, some of us) waiting patiently.
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:34 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Quote:
No need to worry! We know you're working very hard, and we appreciate it! ^__^
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:37 PM
NecromancingSaga
Dreaming LOVELY BOY

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NecromancingSaga
Quote:

take a break, if we waited for that long we can wait a couple of weeks more
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:38 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Thanks for understanding all.

The 4 Gym beta's basically ready except for that glitch and some other small problems. So once I figure this out I should be able to get this out.

Brown:

Twitter
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:43 PM
hitsu.
♪`ichirin no hana`♫

Quote:
Thanks for understanding all.

The 4 Gym beta's basically ready except for that glitch and some other small problems. So once I figure this out I should be able to get this out.
Is the 4th the last GYM that'll be playable in the BETA?
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:51 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsu. View Post

Is the 4th the last GYM that'll be playable in the BETA?
Yeah. The next beta or final version will come MUCH MUCH quicker this time around though.

Brown:

Twitter
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM
Orancello
Beginning Trainer

Hands down, CBM, you make the greatest ROM hacks of all time. I look forward to all of them, and I could wait just about forever for them. Great games, great designs, great stories, just about great everything. And Prism will be no exception. I know it's gonna be epic. *Extends arm and puts up a thumbs up.* Keep on truckin'.

Old August 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
GalaxyTurbo
Beginning Trainer

Yeah. The next beta or final version will come MUCH MUCH quicker this time around though.
Sweet. I hadn't realized till you posted in the previous thread that it's actually has been 2 1/2 years since the last beta

Well take your time with the current bugs and stuff. Better to get them out now before everyone realizes that their save file's gone.

And it's pretty interesting too about how the whole Rijon will be in. Guess that blasted cave will be open now?
Old August 1st, 2010, 03:52 AM
akshay.thombre
Bak aft a yr srtg 4m the basic

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyTurbo View Post
Sweet. I hadn't realized till you posted in the previous thread that it's actually has been 2 1/2 years since the last beta
The waits at its climax..

Bookmarkd...xD
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:29 AM
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTom View Post
*insert long statement*
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
By the way, CBM could you tell us what exactly is this major glitch (how it corrupts the file)? You know, for all the computer nerds that are interested like me, lol. Good luck ;)!
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
Don't worry about it. Just get that glitch fixed. You are working really hard, Coolboyman. I understand.
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:

Eewwwww... a glitch... Hope you get that fixed. Keep it up. I'm not going to be editing any of that in my hack, just music, maps and scripts. Nothing too hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post

Yeah I play mine on my R4 too :3(I am no noob, its a genuine R4 with wood firmware)
Lameboy, right? We're alike. :D /offtopic

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Team Fail; August 1st, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links