Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2010 (08:46 PM).
EngelDerRisse
www.poilkjmn.info

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Yahoo to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Skype™ to EngelDerRisse
Quote originally posted by mr.nintendo88:
my YAPE isnt working and well it sucksand yes i have been using advanced map but what do you mean when A-Map is on? please Respond
- YAPE doesn't suck
- How can you say it sucks if you can't even use it?

You need to start with a clean rom, and do all the pokemon editing first, then work on the rest, makes it easier and more likely that YAPE will work fine

I couldn't get it to work at first, then I used a clean rom, all was fine. Found later that it had been because I applied the Day/Night Patch to it
Super Mario Bro Hack
Super Engel Bros BETA (Just Scroll Down To Get It)
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
Old April 24th, 2010 (09:41 AM).
Yes, nah Chansey
Eat It

Wow this program is awesome thanks! But how do you remove pokemon from the original pokedex and reorder them?

Game - Pokémon Pearl
Trainer name - Joe
Friend code - 0303 2564 6690

Bulbagarden Forums Profile
Old April 29th, 2010 (09:42 PM).
Volroc
The Unpredictability Trainer

Nature: Modest
love this thing, i never wouldve guessed it was possible to get rid of that annoying trade evolution crap lol
Old April 30th, 2010 (06:38 PM).
D-poke

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by FukaiNemuri:
I cannot get any of my roms to work either. I downloaded microsoft.net 3.5 but it still tells me: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. And once i get into the program, I am unable to load any roms and it says: Cannot load ROM. ROM Configuration Not Initialized> Can someone please help?
No one ever answered that question, at least not in the next few posts. Its my problem too. HELP! (the ROM part)
Old May 1st, 2010 (11:35 AM).
EngelDerRisse
www.poilkjmn.info

Send a message via AIM to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Yahoo to EngelDerRisse Send a message via Skype™ to EngelDerRisse
Quote originally posted by D-poke:
Quote originally posted by FukaiNemuri:
I cannot get any of my roms to work either. I downloaded microsoft.net 3.5 but it still tells me: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. And once i get into the program, I am unable to load any roms and it says: Cannot load ROM. ROM Configuration Not Initialized> Can someone please help?
No one ever answered that question, at least not in the next few posts. Its my problem too. HELP! (the ROM part)
I had the same problem originally, and I ended up redownloading YAPE because I thought that I somehow messed up the download and lost files.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

You need to make sure that you're using Windows XP, have the .Net 3.5 Framework installed, use a clean ROM, and make sure that using YAPE to do all the Pokemon Editing is the first thing you do, or that you at least start using it before you do anything else. ***YOU CANNOT APPLY THE DAY/NIGHT PATCH BEFORE FINISHING WITH YAPE*** YAPE will no longer be able to open with the ROM you are using (At least this is what I have run into when trying to use both)

These are the things I did and I got my copy of YAPE to work fine.
Super Mario Bro Hack
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
Old May 1st, 2010 (05:34 PM).
violentiris777
Beginning Trainer

Quote originally posted by EngelDerRisse:
I had the same problem originally, and I ended up redownloading YAPE because I thought that I somehow messed up the download and lost files.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

You need to make sure that you're using Windows XP, have the .Net 3.5 Framework installed, use a clean ROM, and make sure that using YAPE to do all the Pokemon Editing is the first thing you do, or that you at least start using it before you do anything else. ***YOU CANNOT APPLY THE DAY/NIGHT PATCH BEFORE FINISHING WITH YAPE*** YAPE will no longer be able to open with the ROM you are using (At least this is what I have run into when trying to use both)

These are the things I did and I got my copy of YAPE to work fine.
This. My brother had the exact same problem and we installed the new .Net framework, now it works perfectly fine.
Old May 1st, 2010 (05:49 PM). Edited May 3rd, 2010 by D-poke.
D-poke

Nature: Bold
Tried another ROM. Either the ZIP file is wrong or something else is. And I do have NET 3.5, if its there its installed right?
I only need it to edit the Pokedex and the evolutions. Pokemon Amplifier crashes when I try to access Celebi or the ??? Pokemon
I found Team Snagem's pokedex editors, if they work it solves half my problem. I hadn't seen it cause i didnt know Polls included tools.
Update: Snagem's tool only is good for order editing, as far as i know. But i downloaded Evolution editor Pro. hope it works
Old May 5th, 2010 (02:11 PM).
tetef
Beginning Trainer

how do you use it ir dose not worki
Old May 5th, 2010 (06:05 PM).
EngelDerRisse
www.poilkjmn.info

Quote originally posted by D-poke:
Tried another ROM. Either the ZIP file is wrong or something else is. And I do have NET 3.5, if its there its installed right?
I only need it to edit the Pokedex and the evolutions. Pokemon Amplifier crashes when I try to access Celebi or the ??? Pokemon
I found Team Snagem's pokedex editors, if they work it solves half my problem. I hadn't seen it cause i didnt know Polls included tools.
Update: Snagem's tool only is good for order editing, as far as i know. But i downloaded Evolution editor Pro. hope it works
I could never get the Team Snagem Tools to work correctly, but oh well.
Honestly, I hope you aren't trying to edit the ROM while it's still in a ZIP file, because if you are, no wonder it isn't working. There is nothing wrong with the download, it works fine, I installed it on my second computer, just to make sure it was working correctly. I've never used Amplifier, so I don't know what the deal is there with not being able to edit Celebi, in YAPE I was able to mess around with Celebi AND all the ?????? Pokemon Slots, just couldn't add Dex info to the ???'s slots.

Quote originally posted by tetef:
how do you use it ir dose not worki
It does work, click this link ---> LINK OF HELPFULNESS and you will see what you need to do.

Quote originally posted by violentiris777:
This. My brother had the exact same problem and we installed the new .Net framework, now it works perfectly fine.
Exactly!!!!
Super Mario Bro Hack
Old May 5th, 2010 (09:11 PM).
TheChroniclesofLance
Beginning Trainer

I love YAPE. It is easy to understand and use.

Where I see this possibly going next is in a Pokemon Adder. Something along the lines of YAPE but w/ D/P pokemon, and a thing where you can decide which pokemon to have in your game or not.
Old May 12th, 2010 (10:52 AM).
ganon391
Beginning Trainer

I appreciate it.
Also a quick question: Is there a tool I can download to add all 386 pokemon into a game, sort of like Pokemon Emerald 386?
Much appreciated.
Old May 12th, 2010 (11:46 AM).
choatix
Choatix

It is possible to simply edit the wild pokemon in areas using Advance Map.

Of course, using XSE for scripting can help with making legendary events as well, but Advance Map is the best program for the job

EPOSIDE 1
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5FiGJmAQfcc
EPOSIDE 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pq_QSdewD2c
Old June 1st, 2010 (11:00 AM).
Nikolai Fox

Getting an odd glitch with YAPE on several roms.

When I edit a Pokémon, and I evolve it in-game (Edited movesets, name(decap) among other things) then when they evolve in-game, they either go back to the level when they evolved (say pidgey evolves at level 18, when it evolves the pidgeotto is back to level 17) and some skip a level (say hoothoot evolves at level 20, then the noctowl suddenly becomes level 21).

Does this happen for anyone else? This was without me even editing the evolution data...
Old June 2nd, 2010 (04:47 AM).
Dylanimus
as seen on YouTube

Wow!! Great job man!!! I really like it!

(Please DON'T USE these images WITHOUT my permission, thanks!)

My You
Tube
Channel

I support:
Old June 4th, 2010 (02:08 PM).
Jack-s-b
Beginning Trainer

I gave Totodile 'Bite' instead of 'Leer' and changed it to my starter, yet it still has leer, help please? I rechecked, and it does say on YAPE that it has 'Bite', yet in the game, it's 'Leer'
Old June 4th, 2010 (04:35 PM).
FinalZero

Quote:
I gave Totodile 'Bite' instead of 'Leer' and changed it to my starter, yet it still has leer, help please? I rechecked, and it does say on YAPE that it has 'Bite', yet in the game, it's 'Leer'
It only changes moves that the pokemon's yet to learn. If the move at a previous level has already been learnt, it will stay as that move.
Old June 11th, 2010 (12:10 PM).
capslockninja
Beginning Trainer

Just got this and it isn't working, no errors or anything. It's just not opening, but it's using 99% of my CPU.
Old June 20th, 2010 (08:49 PM).
hearted
Beginning Trainer

its not working.on my computer try to have a help thread about not working editor like this
Old June 28th, 2010 (05:23 AM).
Cynder The Bloody Angel
Trainer

iv got a little problem iv i want to open it that error message opened
Spoiler:

im sorry its on german there stand something like :" the tool coudnt be Inistaled (0xc0000135)
press ok vor closing

how can i fix this ? =O
Old June 28th, 2010 (02:00 PM). Edited August 1st, 2010 by Robotico00.
Robotico00
Beginning Trainer

When I try to open my hack(FireRed based) on it, the following message appears:

"Ocorreu uma excepção não tratada no aplicativo.
[...]
InvalidArgument=Value '0' não é um valor válido para 'SelectedIndex'.
Nome do parâmetro: SelectedIndex."

And my YAPE can't open any FireRed rom.

I'm Brazilian, and I use the Brazilian Portuguese Windows '

-------

hm, fixed! (I have to format my PC, but because a virus. I lose all my sprites D=)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 10th, 2010 (06:16 AM).
potatoman12
That Annoying Guy

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to potatoman12 Send a message via Skype™ to potatoman12
Hmm, I'm still confused as to how to edit how many moves a Pokemon can learn. I'm trying to make Caterpie learn quite a bit more moves, and obviously there's a limit on how many moves it can learn (in this case 2). Is there any way to increase the limit on moves learned without taking away moves from other pokemon? I know this was said in the intro, but I'm not sure I quite understand it
Old July 10th, 2010 (08:36 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote originally posted by potatoman12:
Hmm, I'm still confused as to how to edit how many moves a Pokemon can learn. I'm trying to make Caterpie learn quite a bit more moves, and obviously there's a limit on how many moves it can learn (in this case 2). Is there any way to increase the limit on moves learned without taking away moves from other pokemon? I know this was said in the intro, but I'm not sure I quite understand it :(
You can't with this tool, you need to remove moves from other Pokemon. The greatest way for this is the Evolutions of Pokemon. Some Evolutions have the same moves listed twice in the Move menu, so just delete one of them for space.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old July 12th, 2010 (05:55 AM).
potatoman12
That Annoying Guy

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to potatoman12 Send a message via Skype™ to potatoman12
Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:

You can't with this tool, you need to remove moves from other Pokemon. The greatest way for this is the Evolutions of Pokemon. Some Evolutions have the same moves listed twice in the Move menu, so just delete one of them for space.
Right, understood. Thanks :D
Old July 26th, 2010 (05:20 PM).
ultimatedood
Beginning Trainer

YES, THANK YOU!

Very awesome works great

Spoiler:
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
If you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old July 31st, 2010 (09:33 PM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Ah! Perfect! When I left the scene two years ago, then started coming up with ideas recently, I was afraid there still wouldn't be any easy modifying of the breeding groups. YAAAAY!
One question: Is it possible to make a single Pokémon evolve into one of two evolutions separately based on gender? In other words, say you've got one Pokémon that can be male OR female, and you want it to evolve into a male-only Pokémon at level 20 if it's male, and a DIFFERENT female-only Pokémon at 20 if it's female. Would that work? Or would it clash values and just evolve all of them to the top Pokémon in the chain?

EDIT: Post 420! Yay!!!!!.....? Um, there are children here, I won't elaborate...

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links