• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
New Shimama vector added:
Shimama___Happy_Birthday_Shawn_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Made it for a friend's birthday.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
You're officially another art idol of mine.

*Runs after you with pen and paper*
And ahh I wish I could ship one of the Yu Gi Oh things.
Always wanted one since young xP

icycatelf

Alex
Years
D'aww... Thanks. ^^
If I ever get around to making more, I'll probably have 'em up for sale. Of couse, If you're interested, I can tell you how I made 'em so you can try it yourself.

---

UPDATE:

Shimama_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Shimama (Shaded): Shaded version of my previously submitted "Shimama Vector."

Millennium_Ring__better_pics_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Millennoum Ring - Better Pics: I uploaded these because I really wasn't happy with the previous shots of my Millennium Ring. Though they may be small, I think these do it better justice. On a side note, I almost have everything I need for my Yami Bakura cosplay. I have to wait for the shirt to get in so I can modify it (gets scissors ready) and I've yet to find an affordable wig, though I have found a few tips. WILL WORK FOR LONG WHITE WIGS! XD

No, seriously.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:

Updated_Felsurge_Concept_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Updated Felsurge Concept: The newest concept art for Felsurge, the Storming Pokemon, the final evolution of the Electric/Ground starter in my fan game project, Pokemon HeavenEarth (Zerble).

Rainbow_Wing_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png
Silver_Wing_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Rainbow Wing & Silver Wing: My attempt to make realistic images of the items used to evoke Ho-oh and Lugia.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
So many updates, so few replies. *sigh*

UPDATE: New "Fierce Kj'kun Sketch" added to the Traditional section
Fierce_Kj__kun_Sketch_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Another drawing of my favorite original character, Kj'kun. I'm currently cleaning up and digitizing the lineart and should have it colored shortly after that's complete. Expect the colored version to be added soon (like less than a week).

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thank you. That makes me very happy to hear. ^^

---

UPDATE:
38266_1528647465273_1507313034_31364215_6911426_n.jpg

Kj - Cell Shading attempt: Here's that colored Kj'kun I promised. I usually don't do cell shading (as I find it extremely difficult and time-consuming), but I figured I'd give it a try on this picture. I didn't use cell shading on the hair highlight or the claws, though that is pretty common in anime nowadays. I really wanted to make the claws look cooler and more icy, but I'm not that advanced as a graphic artist.

For those of you who haven't been formally introduced to Kj, let me give you a breif bio. Kj (Kahj) comes from a tribe of Neko (cat) people and was born with the power of ice. For example, he can freeze moisture in the air in order to cloak his body in an icy mirror-like down (making him invisible), hide his scent, or form icy combat tools such as a large pair of claws. Technically, he's a snow leopard. He has silvery-white hair, red eyes, and fairly pale skin. The black markings on the sides of his face are hereditary, though the design on his arm is a tattoo. He's about 19-20 years old. He dislikes loud noises. He likes fish. He dislikes romance. He likes fish.

Kj'kun actually has 2 different stories. In one, he's born into a family of royalty and raised by his sister. He's eventually called to duty and dies, but gets resurrected. In another story, he lost his family in a fire when he was young. He grows up with a human girl named Uae (created by Caitlin-Massacre) and eventually falls for her (though he was in denial about it for a long time). They eventually have 3 children: Shuu'ta (a fire-elemental halfbreed), Mj'noh (an ice-elemental halfbreed), and Xane (a light-elemental halfbreed capable of transforming into a cat).

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
Years
I like Kj's design! You did a good job with the cell shading too, i think it's interesting that you still shaded the hair softly, it makes his hair seem softer and his body seem harsher and more boldly powerful. I like it.

I also like that he likes fish. twice. <3

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks. :D

It seems to be getting more and more common that hair is shaded with gradient nowadays. Plus, it's easier for me to shade like that. lol

You're absolutely right! Though I wasn't aiming for that effect, I'm glad it worked out that way. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

I thought it would be nice the emphisize that. ;0

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow that art is simply fantastic man, and there's far too much that I've missed for me to give comments on individual pieces really, but you are definitely improving. I also really love the style of those feathers you created, really original ideas there. :D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
*GLOMP*

Haha, thanks. I'm glad you think so. :D

I personally don't find the feathers very original, but whatevs. XD

Oh, were you a mod last time we talked? If not, congrats on your promotion!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE:

Kj_Wallpaper_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

Kj'kun Wallpaper: My attempt to create a desktop wallpaper featuring my newest Kj pic [link]. Of course, it probably would have looked better with actual scenery, but I'm no good with that unless I use a photo. I don't like using other people's work (even if it is fair use) and it's not snowing here, so I have to settle for this. Click here for full-view.

37858_1537834574945_1507313034_31392078_6843665_n.jpg

Mannequin: Seeing as I don't have a mannequin to style my wig on, I'm attempting to make my own using paper and masking tape. All of the paper used for this is recycled (failed drawings, school hand-outs). Click here to see the progress leading up to this.

Trent_Jayir

Years
You know, that self-made mannequin is such a great idea... @_@
I went though hell with my Simonwig and had to style it on an upturned lampshade xD; urgh!

But no really the mannequin looks very well-made (and I'm tempted to make a couple myself to keep my wigs on.... Could even paint them to look like the character...? could be interesting, so i'm hoping to see more if you work on this again!! :'D )
Good luck with it all and have fun :'D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks.
You know, I didn't even think about styling my wig on anything but a head/mannequin. XD

Go for it. This one was pretty easy to make (though it took amost all day, working on it on and off, though part of that was cleaning out my desk, seeing what papers I didn't need anymore).

I would love to be able to make this one look like the character, but it would need to be smoother and in order to do that, I would probably have to paper mache it. However, it's already a little wider than desired, so if I were to do that, the wig may not fit properly. Therefore, I doubt I'll be doing much more with it, if anything at all. ):

---

I guess I'll post this:
Yami_Bakura_Cosply_WIP__again__by_Karite_Kita_Neko.png

And for anyone wondering, no, I did not draw the Bakura pic at the top.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
That vector thats in your avatar really doesnt match up with that background in post #192

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Started styling my wig, but I have no idea what I'm doing! HELP!!!
Yami_Bakura_Wig_WIP_by_Karite_Kita_Neko.jpg

I wish this thread would hurry up and get to the next page already...

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I dont think anybody here is qualified to give you wig pointers. Good luck none the less.

Trent_Jayir

Years
Firstly; not a bad start, you seem to have the right idea ;'>
[Long comment is wall of text. (I forget if page-strachers are frowned upon here or not so I'm playing a safe bet and spoilering it xD;) ]
Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
... *reaches it to you*

lol Thanks. This guide seems pretty helpful, so I'll see what I can do. I'd rather cutting be a last resort, as I'm low on cash and the wig was not cheap. I've looked around, but have only managed to find one person who used the same type of wig as a base, but I wasn't exceptionally fond of how they made the "wings" (they didn't even look like them, similarly to how I have the pic up there). I've seen at least 2 other wigs that were good, imo, but they used different methods (such as sewing together multiple witch/wizards wigs). It would be so much easier if I could just sculpt the wig, but none of my styling supplies are allowing me to do that and gravity is working against me. Almost everything I had spiked up there has fallen back into the original position...

Back