Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
hmmm.... with all that have been said, now I'm looking forward to it much more! :3

BTW, can I use the screenshot in your sig? I'll use it in my sig too! To show my support
on Pokemon Lilac. :)
Go for it - Take your pick from the screenshots :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniteuser View Post
Looks great... love the tiles and the sprites, excpecially the hero's ow!
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for that :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightyWillBill View Post
Woah. DrFuji! This looks great! I loved the video with Giovanni in it. I do have a question, Is the house next to your starter house (In the video) the lab? Or your rival's house?

Good luck! If I could create banners for this one, I would. Unfortunately, I do not have photoshop any longer.D:

Again, best of luck, I'll be supporting.
I'm glad you found your way here XD

Yeah, that is region's lab because the rival's home town isn't the same as your own. Don't worry about banners or anything - Your support is enough :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Love pretty much everything about this hack; definitely one of, if not the, best hacks currently floating about in Progressing Hacks. I would have one complaint, though:

In that screenshot all the mountains are grey; however, the small rock is brown. I don't know, that seems a wee bit inconsistent in my opinion. Either way, good luck Doctor Fujeh.
Oh you.

Hmm... You raise a pretty good point - I'll be fixing the rock soon Manipulashun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziquaza View Post
This looks like an amazing hack. If the scripts match up this hack would probably be good enough to be Hack of The Year. Those graphics are brilliant.
I'm glad you think so, but that is nowhere near what I'm trying to do. I just want to have some fun and showcase it here but its still nice if you think that ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger345 View Post
Nice! I would like to see this hack progress, I suck at hacking! Im mea it! Im terrible! I can berely even change the maps! Ill be posting my hack up soon. Be sure t check out how much I fail!
Will do, but don't put yourself down!

------- (-o-) -------

Current status: Finishing off mapping of the third city/ town thing. Inserting scripts to come soon.

I'm not sure if I'll have access to internet for the next three days, so I might not be able to reply to anything, but I will be working on this during that time. Keep posting pl0x.

Last edited by DrFuji; August 5th, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Quote:
Current status: Finishing off mapping of the third city/ town thing. Inserting scripts to come soon.

I'm not sure if I'll have access to internet for the next three days, so I might not be able to reply to anything, but I will be working on this during that time. Keep posting pl0x.
It's so sad to hear you'll be gone off the internet world for three days...

You know that we'll miss you here... :D

But It's also nice to let us know that you'll be doing your work in that 3days w/out internet.

We want to let you know that we're rooting for you on this one! Ya got all the support from us!

BTW, Look at my Sig! hehehe! >:)

If you need me for anything like beta testing or something or you just want to release your emotions to me, feel free to do so! :))

Anyways, Good Luck! :3
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeding signature height limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:16 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

As my final act before leaving for three days, I thought I would quickly give some screenshots even though I seem to have a million and should really cut down on the unecessary ones. They are an early shot of the player in the third city and the first move tutor whose will teach a Pokemon Endure in Frigid Cavern. I have a plan for something to happen before you can learn Endure, but I haven't implemented it yet... fufufu...

Have a good weekend :D
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
As my final act before leaving for three days, I thought I would quickly give some screenshots even though I seem to have a million and should really cut down on the unecessary ones. They are an early shot of the player in the third city and the first move tutor whose will teach a Pokemon Endure in Frigid Cavern. I have a plan for something to happen before you can learn Endure, but I haven't implemented it yet... fufufu...

Have a good weekend :D
The cave water seems, i dunno off? It doesn't look much like water, maybe it's too dark? It just doesn't seem right to me.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Old August 6th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
The cave water seems, i dunno off? It doesn't look much like water, maybe it's too dark? It just doesn't seem right to me.
Maybe it needs wave-animations to make it look like a cave-river.
Old August 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
There is nothing wrong with the cave water tiles at all. I guess I could increase the contrast, but I see the colour scheme as being perfectly fine at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Maybe it needs wave-animations to make it look like a cave-river.
How could you tell that it wasn't animated? It is a screen capture, not a .gif file :/

I didn't do as much as I thought as I would over the weekeend, but I was able to complete two maps which had been giving me some trouble previously and change some tiles from earlier. Did anyone say beach party? :P

Old August 9th, 2010, 02:53 AM
nasonex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Quote:
How could you tell that it wasn't animated? It is a screen capture, not a .gif file :
I didn't do as much as I thought as I would over the weekeend, but I was able to complete two maps which had been giving me some trouble previously and change some tiles from earlier. Did anyone say beach party? :P

Woohoo! Beach Party! Nice tiles you got there. I'm lovin the graphics
dude! It feels like it's very sunny! :D

Anyways, may I ask if what is the name of the town/city?

I'm very much excited about the gym leader type! >:)

Nice Updates! Keep it rolling! :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Stupid Scientist is stupid. They never tell the good news to their mates on MSN.

Finally, you have shown what you've been doing all along behind your desktop, huh? (yeah, not comment here, I saw this today the first time)

Everything about this is great, and geez, you kept the ows! these were my first sucessful overworlds! I'm feeling a bit iffy about them atm, but never mind, maybe if you also showed a scene with the backsprite/trainer card on <3

About tiles, you revamped everything? that's a lot of work, and it seems to have paid off. Great job, Mr.Anderson!

Your knight from the plane of light
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:30 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex
Anyways, may I ask if what is the name of the town/city?
Its called Fleetwood, but the Gym-type is my little secret D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU
Stupid Scientist is stupid. They never tell the good news to their mates on MSN.
I thought it would have been a nice suprise ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU
Finally, you have shown what you've been doing all along behind your desktop, huh? (yeah, not comment here, I saw this today the first time)

Everything about this is great, and geez, you kept the ows! these were my first sucessful overworlds! I'm feeling a bit iffy about them atm, but never mind, maybe if you also showed a scene with the backsprite/trainer card on <3

About tiles, you revamped everything? that's a lot of work, and it seems to have paid off. Great job, Mr.Anderson!
I <3 your OWs/ frontsprites/ backsprites, how could I ever replace them?

Yeah, the tiles are hard work, but I enjoy inserting them and the finished products look great imo - Thanks for stopping by, Agent Smith :D

------- (-o-) -------

Update: I'm mapping out the game's big forest (Frickle Forest), but I haven't progressed far enough to get some early screenshots due to the return of school which will be slowing down my progress God, I was getting so much stuff done at a cracking pace during the holidays. I've also added a fun script in Fleetwood that could result in you getting a rare Pokemon.
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:51 AM
nasonex

Quote:
------- (-o-) -------

Update: I'm mapping out the game's big forest (Frickle Forest), but I haven't progressed far enough to get some early screenshots due to the return of school which will be slowing down my progress God, I was getting so much stuff done at a cracking pace during the holidays. I've also added a fun script in Fleetwood that could result in you getting a rare Pokemon.
Nice Updates again DrFuji! I've been wondering what the Frickle Forest
will look like. It feels like it's a creepy forest.. (chills)

It's sad that the school is too quick on getting back from holidays.. >.<

But you can work slowly but surely! To ensure the Gaming goodness
of Pokemon: Lilac. hehehe!

Can't wait for the scripts at Fleetwood City! Maybe It'll be a rare Beach
pokemon! lol! :D

Anyways keep up the good work DrFuji! Good Luck! :3

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
You've been updatin' the thread with awesome
updates lately, and I appreciate that.

I have one complaint, though.
And that complaint... is the Hero OW. The design itself is good, but the hair seems to...
"lost" its outlining?

Anyways, good luck on this.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:49 AM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
The design itself is good, but the hair seems to...
"lost" its outlining?

Exactly where I was feeling iffy about. I was proud of that by the time I made it, but now...who knows. :D

Old August 17th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
Exactly where I was feeling iffy about. I was proud of that by the time I made it, but now...who knows. :D
There is a way to solve that problem. Don't worry.
Just simply go to OW Editor and make black outlines to the hair.
That should do it.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; August 17th, 2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Psst... outlines, not outlings, Prince!
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:32 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex
Nice Updates again DrFuji! I've been wondering what the Frickle Forest
will look like. It feels like it's a creepy forest.. (chills)
Hehe... Its funny that you should say that, as it is suppossed to be a bit creepy, as shown in the first screenshot further down. I've cut out some of the text cause I'm cool like that, but the message is d simple: Something is lurking within the forest...

Quote:
Can't wait for the scripts at Fleetwood City! Maybe It'll be a rare Beach
pokemon! lol! :D
I wouldn't exactly call the Pokemon 'beach Pokemon', but maybe you'll get lucky :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince
You've been updatin' the thread with awesome
updates lately, and I appreciate that.

I have one complaint, though.
And that complaint... is the Hero OW. The design itself is good, but the hair seems to...
"lost" its outlining?

Thanks for that :P

Yeah, now that I look back on it, the player's hair could use some refining - I'll fix that in abit unless you'd like to do the honours, NiKa?

------- (-o-) -------

Update: 5 Hours after saying I had nothing to show, I've scrounged up two screenshots to show that I've actually been doing stuff. I'm planning to test whether I should slightly lighten the Frickle Forest trees or not, so the second screenshot is tentativly confirmed.

Spoiler:

Post, reply, whatever - Its all good :D
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
~NeOn~
Beginning Trainer

Hey! Nice hack!
Tiles and palettes very good, has a good harmony, nothing to complain about.
Actually, the hack in general it's all very well. I congratulate you.
I hope to see a script of the hack
Visit my Hack:

I Support:

Old August 17th, 2010, 03:06 PM
nasonex

Quote:
------- (-o-) -------

Update: 5 Hours after saying I had nothing to show, I've scrounged up two screenshots to show that I've actually been doing stuff. I'm planning to test whether I should slightly lighten the Frickle Forest trees or not, so the second screenshot is tentativly confirmed.

Spoiler:

Post, reply, whatever - Its all good :D
Whoa! Very quick Updates MrFuji! This Hack is going very well.. hehehe..

BTW, can you darken the grass at Frickle Forest grass to match the dark
trees. It'll give it a more creepy look. :D

And also, you can put dead trees if you want too. BTW, just a suggestion. :P

Nice job with the Hack! I know you're working slowly but surely to
avoid certain bugs and glitches.. :D

Again good luck! I'm subscribing to this thread.. to show my ultimate
support! :D

Old August 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeOn~ View Post
Hey! Nice hack!
Tiles and palettes very good, has a good harmony, nothing to complain about.
Actually, the hack in general it's all very well. I congratulate you.
I hope to see a script of the hack ^^
Thankyou very much for that - Nothing to complain about means that I must be doing something right :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
BTW, can you darken the grass at Frickle Forest grass to match the dark
trees. It'll give it a more creepy look. :D

And also, you can put dead trees if you want too. BTW, just a suggestion. :P
Actually, I can't do either of them - If I change the palette for the grass, it will affect the pallete for the rest of the game as well. I've also reached the limit of tiles that I can use in the forest tile slot, so it is impossoble for me to insert anymore D:

Quote:
Nice job with the Hack! I know you're working slowly but surely to
avoid certain bugs and glitches.. :D

Again good luck! I'm subscribing to this thread.. to show my ultimate
support! :D
More like I'll be progressing slowly becuase of school.

Thanks though :3
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM
~NeOn~
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Thankyou very much for that - Nothing to complain about means that I must be doing something right :3
With the "complain" I mean to say that don't there is much to be questioned, since this good to my taste. xD (Sure, there's always something to improve.)
Ah, and one thing I forgot to mention, the outline of the hero's hair is very clear, so I think I can improve.
Visit my Hack:

I Support:

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Quote:
Yeah, now that I look back on it, the player's hair could use some refining - I'll fix that in abit unless you'd like to do the honours, NiKa?
Nah, you can do it just fine, I trust you.

By the way, great updates. I like the palettes you used in the forest trees.

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge
wow looks like a cool game! Im really interested to see you implement some sick scripts into those super tite maps
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I like this hack! especially the tiles and everything! i also like the idea in the video where giovanni heres team rocket calling out to him!
When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house,
I had only two things on my mind:
Paul Newman and a ride home.
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:53 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
wow looks like a cool game! Im really interested to see you implement some sick scripts into those super tite maps
Thanks - The scripts are coming along nicely, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can show stuff :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarowl View Post
I like this hack! especially the tiles and everything! i also like the idea in the video where giovanni heres team rocket calling out to him!
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that script, and it has ramifications for the story as well :D

------- (-o-) -------

Update:

Firstly, if check the first post, you will notice that there is now some CSS. This was made by Dedaelus and I'm very happy to have him smarten it up even though it means the removal of the tcat which Manny luuurves ;D

Secondly, I have created a world map - The style was heavily based on WesleyFG's map to save tiles space and I really like its simplicity. Please note that this is not inserted at the moment.

Thirdly, I have inserted all D/P/Pt/HG/SS sprites, excluding alternate form Pokemon (Unown, Deoxys etc) and the R/S/E legendary trio. This isn't a huge or completed accomplishment, but I thought it might as well be known.

Finally, I got off my arse and made a supporter bar. Use it as you please and link it to the thread if you wish to wear it :D

Code:
[*IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/Raikou_Lilac9576770678-iaza.gif[/IMG]
Remove the *s

That about does it, enjoy the weekend and have a good time.
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:35 PM
nasonex

Wow! Nice CSS Dr. Fuji! I like the New sprites inserted!

Btw, the map looks so empty. Maybe because it consists of small red
spots, it's more like that it is all town and no city.

Could you do some more userbars

Overall, Nice Updates Dr. Fuji! Good Luck and Again More Power! :D

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Yeah, I like the new CSS, but that map up there isn't detailed enough, like the cities aren't very different looking as they all have the same circle there. But that's in my opinion. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Also, nice banner/userbar. Best of wishes!

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Kid nino
Oshowatt/Wotter <3

Nature: Bold
The screenshots look very nice, and this is one of the few hacks I've seen in which you aren't a child. Which is pretty cool if you ask me. And, I love your overall color layout very nice on the eyes. :D
| Kid Nino |

Dimond Code: 0903 5137 8885
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here