The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
DP191: 思い出はパール!友情はダイヤモンド!!
DP191: Memories are Pearl! Friends are Diamond!

Airdate: 9th of September

I don't know about anybody else, but this is probably the most touching title from this show yet. Following Ash's adventure through Sinnoh with Dawn and Brock brings back a lot of memories from the past four years. Now, it's coming to an end only for Ash to start a new again.
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Dixie
But I'm Rory?!

Nature: Calm
Wow, this episode will definitely be emotional. Just by reading the title, I feel kinda weak in the stomach. I don't do goodbyes well.

After each region comes to an end, it's always kinda sad but it's nice to see it's moving along but with Brock leaving, it may feel like a different show. Who knows.

Old August 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

There going to do so much in one episode, Dawn leaving while Ash heads off to another region? Normally, they'd have three episodes ending the series like what happened in Kanto or AG I think. They'd have, an episode to send off the characters an episode that has Ash leave for a new region. But it seems like they just want to do all in one epiosode this time. Any who, I have a feeling I'll get a little teary with Ash and Dawn's good-bye, they were such good friends. I hope we get flashbacks and one last high five between them. I wonder if Dawn will care about Brock leaving? She didn't even say a word to him the entire region

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
lol. Yes she did. This needed to be two episodes at least. Stupid writers. Maybe it'll be a 2 parter :/

I doubt it though
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
They did it before! With the last episode of battle frontier, Ash and may said their goodbyes and then he wents to pallet town, battled Gary, losses and gary tells him about sinnoh so ash heads of there! The same was with the last ep of kanto saying goodbyes to brock and misty (brock came back anyways though :D)

This is probs gonna be a sad/happy episode... knowing me I might tear up a bit XD I'll miss Dawn... I like the title though... it goes with the diamond and pearl thing!

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
If TPCi skips this episode like they do to flashback episodes, I'm going to rape them in their corporate ass.

Ermm... K then XD I can smell Pearlshippers getting turned on just from the title and from what the title before that indicates. Soo... First statement is justified.
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I'm just hoping Serebii's right about him taking Gible along with him!

I hope he evolves it through to Garchomp and uses it tons, rather than just trading it away/leaving it un-evolved/both.

I also hope Brock does go.....and if he comes back, Ash's at least got 4 badges before that happens...apparently Iris is a wild-child, she should be able to cook!
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
John Shephard
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
who said gible is going with ash? and how accurite is that information?
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

HE NEEDS TO TAKE GIBLE AND EVOLVE IT...

He just needs to
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Wow, this episode will definitely be emotional. Just by reading the title, I feel kinda weak in the stomach. I don't do goodbyes well.

After each region comes to an end, it's always kinda sad but it's nice to see it's moving along but with Brock leaving, it may feel like a different show. Who knows.
This.

I'm really going to miss Dawn, she's been great. Brock also... to an extent. But I'm happy that he's becoming a Doctor, what a great ending :cer_nod:
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

I dont like him takling more than pikachu, I wish he'd leave Pikachu and take Gible. I want a FRESH TEAM. No Pokemon that have any real screen time. That wa, Gible doesnt count
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:36 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
HE NEEDS TO TAKE GIBLE AND EVOLVE IT...

He just needs to
I could see Ash taking Gible. Than again, him and Buziel have yet to evolve and Buziel has been here longer than Gible. Which one do I want to evolve more? Gible was caught too late and has had less battles so...

GFA Name the few moments Dawn and Brock interacted? I can't freakin name any other than gym battles when they were sitting on the sidesXD

Old August 6th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

^ They had little interaction compared to Misty & Brock and May & Brock. It was a flaw in the series in my opinion.
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
I could see Ash taking Gible. Than again, him and Buziel have yet to evolve and Buziel has been here longer than Gible. Which one do I want to evolve more? Gible was caught too late and has had less battles so...

GFA Name the few moments Dawn and Brock interacted? I can't freakin name any other than gym battles when they were sitting on the sidesXD
Well didn't Cynthia impress him? Maybe he wants Gible to evolve? Or maybe he wants a Gible and beat evolved pokemon with it...
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
^ They had little interaction compared to Misty & Brock and May & Brock. It was a flaw in the series in my opinion.
It really was, it was like they were forced into a friendshipXD

Old August 7th, 2010, 02:21 AM
*Charizard*
Velocity

Ive been watching this region since the start actually since the start of kanto and might i just add i will be a bit emotional knowing that DP is over. but also excitement knowing that best wishes will be taking over.

I think the title is really nice as well

CLICK THE POKEMON EGGS PLEASE!

GPXPLUS PARTY PAGE
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
I'm just hoping Serebii's right about him taking Gible along with him!

I hope he evolves it through to Garchomp and uses it tons, rather than just trading it away/leaving it un-evolved/both.

I also hope Brock does go.....and if he comes back, Ash's at least got 4 badges before that happens...apparently Iris is a wild-child, she should be able to cook!
Before everything, I expected Ash to carry Gible along with him to Isshu since it never got that much screen time and came in the show late. Looking at Pokémon though, it seems they want this generation to be all new. With that, I find it unlikely for Gible to tag a long now. If it does came back though, it'll be for a sub-arc like when Phanphy came back for the Battle Frontier, earned its screen time it missed out on before, and then evolved.

As for Brock leaving, I think he might go in the episode prior to this one. It seems to center much attention on him and would be the perfect time for his departure. It'll be sad to see him go after all these years, regardless of the fact that he barely did anything. For his finale though, (SPPf made me like this idea, and the next one after) I could imagine the developers putting in this song for when he leaves, like they did the first time.

For Dawn, I see her leaving in this episode here. It seems to signify her leaving well with the title and for the closure of the DP Saga. For her song, I feel this would be the right choice for when Ash and her split.

...Wow, that's just all sad right there. D:
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:35 AM
sabrina_diamond
Blazing dark Vulpix

Nature: Relaxed
... It's over? WAAAAHHH *cries a billion tears* I'll thought I'll never see the day

Cobalt the level 42 Vulpix

Silver's PokePet

Shroudlure the level 43 Mightyena!

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

As for Brock leaving, I think he might go in the episode prior to this one. It seems to center much attention on him and would be the perfect time for his departure. It'll be sad to see him go after all these years, regardless of the fact that he barely did anything. For his finale though, (SPPf made me like this idea, and the next one after) I could imagine the developers putting in this song for when he leaves, like they did the first time.

For Dawn, I see her leaving in this episode here. It seems to signify her leaving well with the title and for the closure of the DP Saga. For her song, I feel this would be the right choice for when Ash and her split.

...Wow, that's just all sad right there. D:
^ This. I feel damb sad now... i'll probably start to cry when each leave :'(! I hope they use somthing like this during the end showing Ash on his way on a new journey!

Old August 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Don't forget that Ash never evolves his main water-type. However, I think this trend will be broken if he gets Wotter. If Ash does get Wotter and take Buizel he'll have two Water-type otters. :O

Paired to cr4y

Old August 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

The episode summaries are out on Bulbagarden forums, it shows a picture of Dawn and Ash high fiving, I assume its for this episode. I'm just glad will get one last high five, I love there high fives.

Old August 27th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

< Picture from the offical website!
Plus I google translated the summery! XD
"Tuesday, September 09 finale broadcast []
想い出はパール!
The Pearl memories!
友情はダイヤモンド!
Diamond friendship!
!
シンオウ地方の旅も終わりの時が・・・
The Sinnoh region at the end of journey
仲間との絆が紡ぎだす感動のクライマックス!
Thrilling climax begin to bond with fellow spinning!"
^ Not sure weather or not that should say thursday :\

Old August 27th, 2010, 05:10 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Ah! The time is close for a bye-bye to Sinnoh. The title is really touching and emotional. :'( I don't know but I always feel sad when one season comes to an end.
But yeah, there a brand new Isshu is region awaiting Ash!
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:39 AM
solaris knight
Phantom ESP'er

Time for a new start, eh? Its sad to see Brock leave after all these years, but after the writers flanderised him so much...

...For some reason the end of this series makes me feel old. Anyone else getting the same vibe?
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I like how they're putting it all into one episode - It's a sign that they may be honest about it moving along a lot faster in the new series.....

I'm actually glad Brock's going. He's been done to death. Although I want a cameo, with his newly-evolved Toxicroak, Blissey (god, if he found an Oval Stone, Happiny should by all rights go up 2 stages instantly, because he's so nice to all pokemon).

Sponsored Links

Advertise here