• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Years
I tried resizing the map for sevii isle 8 from 84x20 to 84x40 on Fire Red. now when i load up the game and all i see is a white screen. can anyone help???
Thanks in advance

Hey im very new and i made a map to where when you go to bills you can go out of his house to the right to a blocked off area and go into this forest like area and its an eevees garden i created and i was jw i have

route 25 (30.0) bills house

i want to change the bills garden area i created to

route 25 (30.1)

but its showing up as palett town right now.

go to the header tab. in the drop box, click route 25. save. reload the rom.
let me know if that helps

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
When I create a map and then insert it, it takes the tile Littleroot. I want to rename it but then it also renames Littleroot. This is a problem because when I try to map connect, it doesn't work..

Years
When I create a map and then insert it, it takes the tile Littleroot. I want to rename it but then it also renames Littleroot. This is a problem because when I try to map connect, it doesn't work..

try the same thing i posted above. instead of route 25 choose a map name that has no map. like in pokemon FR and LF you can use sevii isle 27, 28, and 29

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
hi, first of all tnx for the program,

i would like to ask why my map appears all black even its supposed to be a cave even thae player sprite cant be seen. (im hacking pokemon emerald)

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Can I ask how to insert Palletes? I see in other peoples hacks that they have ones that aren't in other games.

And I have this problem and I cant post a picture because I don't have 15+ posts. I'll try to explain it, when I walk from the first town in my hack, and into the first route, when you walk back, it appears all glitchy and the map becomes weird (Like things that aren't supposed to be in places are there, the map becomes bigger etc..)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Can I ask how to insert Palletes? I see in other peoples hacks that they have ones that aren't in other games.

And I have this problem and I cant post a picture because I don't have 15+ posts. I'll try to explain it, when I walk from the first town in my hack, and into the first route, when you walk back, it appears all glitchy and the map becomes weird (Like things that aren't supposed to be in places are there, the map becomes bigger etc..)

Here is a good, albeit old, tutorial on editing map palettes.

As for your problem, I'm guessing that the two maps use different secondary tilesets. If you switch from a map that uses, say, Tileset 1 to a map that uses Tileset 2, any blocks near the border that use tiles from Tileset 1 will get messed up because they'll get switched to the corresponding tiles from Tileset 2 any they will most likely end up looking glitchy.

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years

Sounds like each map uses different Tilesets and the mismatched tiles are within view of the border. You should buffer, 8 tiles horizontally and 6 vertically, on the connection of 2 maps. That means only use tiles that are from the same set within your buffer space.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
*Here* is a good, albeit old, tutorial on editing map palettes.

As for your problem, I'm guessing that the two maps use different secondary tilesets. If you switch from a map that uses, say, Tileset 1 to a map that uses Tileset 2, any blocks near the border that use tiles from Tileset 1 will get messed up because they'll get switched to the corresponding tiles from Tileset 2 any they will most likely end up looking glitchy.
That Tutorial just shows how to change colours, not insert things that aren't usually in the game, like a statue or something, and yes, the Palletes are different in each map, but how does that make it glitchy exactly? What if you have a city and route that connect with each other but with completely different Palletes. You can't have the one Pallete thing for every map in-game.

Sounds like each map uses different Tilesets and the mismatched tiles are within view of the border. You should buffer, 8 tiles horizontally and 6 vertically, on the connection of 2 maps. That means only use tiles that are from the same set within your buffer space.
So, if you can see the different Palletes, something will go wrong? But I did this before and it worked perfectly, then I started again on a clean rom base. I've done everything almost the same as I did, but I edited the 1st route to make it smaller since it was huge..

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
If someone could explain a few things for me, I'd really appreciate it.

In the hack I'm making, I'm putting a Pokemon Center in the starting town, so I used the Viridian City Pokemon Center map and changed it a little. I saved it but it saved into the Viridian City Folder, could someone tell me how to save it to my starter town folder?

When I set up the map connections, the areas were off, I tried the offset thing but I don't think it changed anything. I know the width of the two connecting maps are different, could that be it? Every time I walk between the two maps, the transition area switches around, any way I can fix that?

And could someone explain how the border works? I just tested my town and all around the map I made, there are what seem to be glitchy-looking panels that I'm assuming are the border, could I get rid of them?

Last edited:

ger345

Im just like that.
Years
This is good but, I need help putting in events in a created map, It always says "No events found for this map" How do I put them in?

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
This is good but, I need help putting in events in a created map, It always says "No events found for this map" How do I put them in?

On the screen that you get that message, on the right there should be something that says "Amount of events" with 4 types below with changeable number values. Change those and then click change events

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Yeah, I'm having a problem some other people already told about. I think it's worth a tut.
I made a map, placed it in the first box (Pallet Town). I wanted to put it in the route 1 box, so I inserted the map I made in the route1-map (bank 3, map 19), after that, it was still in Pallet town, but now both as 3.70 (original) and 3.19?
How do I get my map in the route1-folder?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Yeah, I'm having a problem some other people already told about. I think it's worth a tut.
I made a map, placed it in the first box (Pallet Town). I wanted to put it in the route 1 box, so I inserted the map I made in the route1-map (bank 3, map 19), after that, it was still in Pallet town, but now both as 3.70 (original) and 3.19?
How do I get my map in the route1-folder?
Is it in both Route 1 and Pallet Town?

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
No, that's my problem, both the files are in the PalletTown-folder.
Sorry for my unclearness, the whole issue is kind of complicated, so not very easy to explain.

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
Years
Thank you for posting this!! I've been trying to link my maps for a LONG time. I ended up using an entrance tile and putting the link at the top, rather than an entrance tile at the bottom, with the light(you know, like entering Mt. Moon). As long as it works, I guess :)

EDIT: Random question. What are SEVII ISLAND 22, 23, and 24? I hope they're unused maps, because I changed the name of SEVII ISLAND 22 to ENIGMA CAVE and gave that name to my new map.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2010
Thanks! This helped a lot!
Edit: I need some help i want to make a whole new world and starting from Pallet town i want to go right how do i move route 1 to the right or delete it and make a new route?

Last edited:

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
Years
Work with map connections. Make it so instead of Route 1 being connected at the top, change the connection to the right, and edit the map and the movement permissions to match the path. Also, since they worked beforehand, you know they use the same tileset, so no worries on corruption of tiles with a new connection. Unless you change the tilesets...

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
14snkhh.png

My Map Connections messed up, please help me.

If you need any more information, ask. Please.

No, that's my problem, both the files are in the PalletTown-folder.
Sorry for my unclearness, the whole issue is kind of complicated, so not very easy to explain.
I meant, are the maps both in each folder?
Is Pallet Town and Route 1 in Pallet Town, and in Route 1?

Back