Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
TokioHumaNeko
Pokemon Zodiac Wishes

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Yahoo to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Skype™ to TokioHumaNeko
I'm making a special building for the main town in my hack,Humanoid Destiny...

But how do i insert the maps and make the warp? When i entered it,It took me to Sacred City (Petalburg City) and now i'm confused!
Luxray (レントラー)
The Gleam Eyes Pokémon
6'03" | 342lbs
Type → Electric
Abilities → Intimidate | Rivalry
It has eyes which can see through anything. It spots and captures prey hiding behind objects.
[???=<game and stuff goes here>]Challenges[/???] | Story Site

~*~*DaRkSiDe Of ThE sUn~*~*~
~*(IcH bIn HuMaNoId)*~
~*Tokio Hotel Forever*~
Help me by joining Team Cosmic Destiny!
Tokio Hotel Fan For Life,honey! ;D

Yay!!Bill and the others are finally hatched!!!
(From left to right: Bill,Tom,Gustav,Georg,"Alien" and..."Humanoid!")
Danke for helping them! <3333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQnflh-diM
My version of Automatic Acoustic! It's been Remixed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrO-zXOls30
Help me with Cosmic Destiny!!! Please!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:46 AM
JaiKai
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokioHumaNeko View Post
I'm making a special building for the main town in my hack,Humanoid Destiny...

But how do i insert the maps and make the warp? When i entered it,It took me to Sacred City (Petalburg City) and now i'm confused!
You need to check BOTH warp panels and make sure they link to eachother where you want, while in Advance Map if you click on a warp on the panel theres an option called "Follow Warp" it will take you to where the warp leads thats how you check to make sure they link up properly. You also have to use the "Insert Map" option to insert the map where you want it.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
TokioHumaNeko
Pokemon Zodiac Wishes

Send a message via AIM to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Yahoo to TokioHumaNeko Send a message via Skype™ to TokioHumaNeko
Ignore last one,
Now i have a new problem. The main floor (F1) 's Black area is pink! How do i fix it?!
Luxray (レントラー)
The Gleam Eyes Pokémon
6'03" | 342lbs
Type → Electric
Abilities → Intimidate | Rivalry
It has eyes which can see through anything. It spots and captures prey hiding behind objects.
[???=<game and stuff goes here>]Challenges[/???] | Story Site

~*~*DaRkSiDe Of ThE sUn~*~*~
~*(IcH bIn HuMaNoId)*~
~*Tokio Hotel Forever*~
Help me by joining Team Cosmic Destiny!
Tokio Hotel Fan For Life,honey! ;D

Yay!!Bill and the others are finally hatched!!!
(From left to right: Bill,Tom,Gustav,Georg,"Alien" and..."Humanoid!")
Danke for helping them! <3333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQnflh-diM
My version of Automatic Acoustic! It's been Remixed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrO-zXOls30
Help me with Cosmic Destiny!!! Please!
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM
JaiKai
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokioHumaNeko View Post
Ignore last one,
Now i have a new problem. The main floor (F1) 's Black area is pink! How do i fix it?!
That usually results if you change the tileset after putting a tile there from a different tileset previous.
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
joshblevins

Hey im very new and i made a map to where when you go to bills you can go out of his house to the right to a blocked off area and go into this forest like area and its an eevees garden i created and i was jw i have

route 25 (30.0) bills house

i want to change the bills garden area i created to

route 25 (30.1)

but its showing up as palett town right now.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:08 PM
bgoode2006
Unhatched Egg

I tried resizing the map for sevii isle 8 from 84x20 to 84x40 on Fire Red. now when i load up the game and all i see is a white screen. can anyone help???
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshblevins View Post
Hey im very new and i made a map to where when you go to bills you can go out of his house to the right to a blocked off area and go into this forest like area and its an eevees garden i created and i was jw i have

route 25 (30.0) bills house

i want to change the bills garden area i created to

route 25 (30.1)

but its showing up as palett town right now.
go to the header tab. in the drop box, click route 25. save. reload the rom.
let me know if that helps

Last edited by bgoode2006; July 26th, 2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
IHaveNoLife
Beginning Trainer

When I create a map and then insert it, it takes the tile Littleroot. I want to rename it but then it also renames Littleroot. This is a problem because when I try to map connect, it doesn't work..
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:03 PM
bgoode2006
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoLife View Post
When I create a map and then insert it, it takes the tile Littleroot. I want to rename it but then it also renames Littleroot. This is a problem because when I try to map connect, it doesn't work..
try the same thing i posted above. instead of route 25 choose a map name that has no map. like in pokemon FR and LF you can use sevii isle 27, 28, and 29
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:10 PM
wisp82
Beginning Trainer

hi, first of all tnx for the program,

i would like to ask why my map appears all black even its supposed to be a cave even thae player sprite cant be seen. (im hacking pokemon emerald)
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:12 PM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Nature: Relaxed
Can I ask how to insert Palletes? I see in other peoples hacks that they have ones that aren't in other games.

And I have this problem and I cant post a picture because I don't have 15+ posts. I'll try to explain it, when I walk from the first town in my hack, and into the first route, when you walk back, it appears all glitchy and the map becomes weird (Like things that aren't supposed to be in places are there, the map becomes bigger etc..)
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:36 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
Can I ask how to insert Palletes? I see in other peoples hacks that they have ones that aren't in other games.

And I have this problem and I cant post a picture because I don't have 15+ posts. I'll try to explain it, when I walk from the first town in my hack, and into the first route, when you walk back, it appears all glitchy and the map becomes weird (Like things that aren't supposed to be in places are there, the map becomes bigger etc..)
Here is a good, albeit old, tutorial on editing map palettes.

As for your problem, I'm guessing that the two maps use different secondary tilesets. If you switch from a map that uses, say, Tileset 1 to a map that uses Tileset 2, any blocks near the border that use tiles from Tileset 1 will get messed up because they'll get switched to the corresponding tiles from Tileset 2 any they will most likely end up looking glitchy.

Brother of Vrai
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Drithlan
Self Proclaimed Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post

Sounds like each map uses different Tilesets and the mismatched tiles are within view of the border. You should buffer, 8 tiles horizontally and 6 vertically, on the connection of 2 maps. That means only use tiles that are from the same set within your buffer space.
(@-.-)=@ VS Q('_'Q)
GET IT ON!

I am willing to take requests for maps.
But before you go PMing me I want to let you know that I am still learning how to map.
Here (http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/ROM%20Hacks/) is a link to My album Feel free to review and/or comment my work before requesting.
Old August 8th, 2010, 12:02 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
*Here* is a good, albeit old, tutorial on editing map palettes.

As for your problem, I'm guessing that the two maps use different secondary tilesets. If you switch from a map that uses, say, Tileset 1 to a map that uses Tileset 2, any blocks near the border that use tiles from Tileset 1 will get messed up because they'll get switched to the corresponding tiles from Tileset 2 any they will most likely end up looking glitchy.
That Tutorial just shows how to change colours, not insert things that aren't usually in the game, like a statue or something, and yes, the Palletes are different in each map, but how does that make it glitchy exactly? What if you have a city and route that connect with each other but with completely different Palletes. You can't have the one Pallete thing for every map in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drithlan View Post
Sounds like each map uses different Tilesets and the mismatched tiles are within view of the border. You should buffer, 8 tiles horizontally and 6 vertically, on the connection of 2 maps. That means only use tiles that are from the same set within your buffer space.
So, if you can see the different Palletes, something will go wrong? But I did this before and it worked perfectly, then I started again on a clean rom base. I've done everything almost the same as I did, but I edited the 1st route to make it smaller since it was huge..
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
rstar095
Baby Seal Clubber

Nature: Serious
Nice info, I was wondering how to do the bridges
This signature has been disabled.
Too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:51 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar095 View Post
Nice info, I was wondering how to do the bridges
A bridges movement permission is 3C. There must be 10's though, at the ends, to show the bridges' elevation.
Old August 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
ricecrispies
Beginning Trainer

If someone could explain a few things for me, I'd really appreciate it.

In the hack I'm making, I'm putting a Pokemon Center in the starting town, so I used the Viridian City Pokemon Center map and changed it a little. I saved it but it saved into the Viridian City Folder, could someone tell me how to save it to my starter town folder?

When I set up the map connections, the areas were off, I tried the offset thing but I don't think it changed anything. I know the width of the two connecting maps are different, could that be it? Every time I walk between the two maps, the transition area switches around, any way I can fix that?

And could someone explain how the border works? I just tested my town and all around the map I made, there are what seem to be glitchy-looking panels that I'm assuming are the border, could I get rid of them?

Last edited by ricecrispies; August 10th, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
ger345
Im just like that.

Nature: Quiet
This is good but, I need help putting in events in a created map, It always says "No events found for this map" How do I put them in?
Any one seen an HGSS Starter editor? Dose it exist, probably not. Any one know how to make an editing program? I dont. If you do and want to teach me, pm or vm me about it!
Ongoing challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Dragon Type Johto:0/8 Kanto 0/8 Hoenn 0/8 Sinnoh 0/8
Unova 0/8

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming b"DO A BACKFLIP!" copy this as your signature!!!
What pokemon games have I finished you ask? Well. Let me start at the beging, and make it aws simple as possible: All of them. Not one of the regular seires has escape the new and everything in between, even all of the Mystery Dungeon games.
Rainbow

All the simple things in life:
Smiling suns, Evil Duxs, and line.
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
ricecrispies
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger345 View Post
This is good but, I need help putting in events in a created map, It always says "No events found for this map" How do I put them in?

On the screen that you get that message, on the right there should be something that says "Amount of events" with 4 types below with changeable number values. Change those and then click change events
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Diho
Beginning Game Creator

Nature: Brave
Yeah, I'm having a problem some other people already told about. I think it's worth a tut.
I made a map, placed it in the first box (Pallet Town). I wanted to put it in the route 1 box, so I inserted the map I made in the route1-map (bank 3, map 19), after that, it was still in Pallet town, but now both as 3.70 (original) and 3.19?
How do I get my map in the route1-folder?
Call me the storylinecreatorguydude.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join, we've got cookies!

Old August 12th, 2010, 02:00 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diho View Post
Yeah, I'm having a problem some other people already told about. I think it's worth a tut.
I made a map, placed it in the first box (Pallet Town). I wanted to put it in the route 1 box, so I inserted the map I made in the route1-map (bank 3, map 19), after that, it was still in Pallet town, but now both as 3.70 (original) and 3.19?
How do I get my map in the route1-folder?
Is it in both Route 1 and Pallet Town?
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Diho
Beginning Game Creator

Nature: Brave
No, that's my problem, both the files are in the PalletTown-folder.
Sorry for my unclearness, the whole issue is kind of complicated, so not very easy to explain.
Call me the storylinecreatorguydude.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join, we've got cookies!

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:08 PM
timaeus222
MegaMan/Pokemon ROM Hacker

Thank you for posting this!! I've been trying to link my maps for a LONG time. I ended up using an entrance tile and putting the link at the top, rather than an entrance tile at the bottom, with the light(you know, like entering Mt. Moon). As long as it works, I guess

EDIT: Random question. What are SEVII ISLAND 22, 23, and 24? I hope they're unused maps, because I changed the name of SEVII ISLAND 22 to ENIGMA CAVE and gave that name to my new map.
~Timaeus.EXE

http://m-pcr.co.cc/
http://youtube.com/timaeus22222

Working on FireRed eXtreme Patch [hard mode with tile edits and extras]

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM
redfable
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! This helped a lot!
Edit: I need some help i want to make a whole new world and starting from Pallet town i want to go right how do i move route 1 to the right or delete it and make a new route?

Last edited by redfable; August 12th, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
timaeus222
MegaMan/Pokemon ROM Hacker

Work with map connections. Make it so instead of Route 1 being connected at the top, change the connection to the right, and edit the map and the movement permissions to match the path. Also, since they worked beforehand, you know they use the same tileset, so no worries on corruption of tiles with a new connection. Unless you change the tilesets...
~Timaeus.EXE

http://m-pcr.co.cc/
http://youtube.com/timaeus22222

Working on FireRed eXtreme Patch [hard mode with tile edits and extras]

Old August 13th, 2010, 01:58 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

My Map Connections messed up, please help me.

If you need any more information, ask. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diho View Post
No, that's my problem, both the files are in the PalletTown-folder.
Sorry for my unclearness, the whole issue is kind of complicated, so not very easy to explain.
I meant, are the maps both in each folder?
Is Pallet Town and Route 1 in Pallet Town, and in Route 1?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links