The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post

Its not, their may be files that come with to be required i think, but you can download them seperatly idk. But the games are an .exe file so you nned rpg maker.

Peeky whats up, its been a month :D *mouth waters*
Don't you mean you DON'T need Rpg Maker? lol
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Team_SJK
Son of Arceus

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post

Its not, their may be files that come with to be required i think, but you can download them seperatly idk. But the games are an .exe file so you need rpg maker.
Alright, now let me ask you this: which software development kit (SDK) are you guys using for Pokemon Xenotime? 'Coz I'd be interested in that, too.

I am the reason why "KO" is in "Konokama."
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
August 13th. Want demo. Now.
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

anyone gonna bother update?

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Hey everyone.
I'm really sorry the demo hasn't been available yet, I was as psyched as you guys were when it was coming out, so I'd like to say sorry to all our followers and supporters and inform you that both myself and Peeky are working hard on the demo. When the original release date came, we both realized it wasn't quite finished, and Peeky won't mind me saying that everything has to be perfect, so he's been working extremely hard on the maps and eventing the stuff I've scripted, including dialogue, and also gym design. We're trying to make this demo as perfect as possible, and to make XENOTIME live up to your expectations. We aim to deliver nothing less than perfection and the demo, when it is eventually released, will be exactly what happens in the beginning stages of the game. We don't know when the official release date will be, but please bear with us and keep supporting the game. Thank you.

pikarich

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old August 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
XmasterchiefX
DMR's ar kewl so I herd

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarich View Post
Hey everyone.
I'm really sorry the demo hasn't been available yet, I was as psyched as you guys were when it was coming out, so I'd like to say sorry to all our followers and supporters and inform you that both myself and Peeky are working hard on the demo. When the original release date came, we both realized it wasn't quite finished, and Peeky won't mind me saying that everything has to be perfect, so he's been working extremely hard on the maps and eventing the stuff I've scripted, including dialogue, and also gym design. We're trying to make this demo as perfect as possible, and to make XENOTIME live up to your expectations. We aim to deliver nothing less than perfection and the demo, when it is eventually released, will be exactly what happens in the beginning stages of the game. We don't know when the official release date will be, but please bear with us and keep supporting the game. Thank you.

pikarich
Nah.. Dont worry man I can wait, take your time. :D

I support~

Old August 19th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Take as long as you need. ( looks for secret link to demo in post) but make sure to update and say hi we are here to say hi so hi! Or somthing. ( fail to fi f link the. Realized demo isn't out. Then remembers July and say oh right)

My Da Account ->here<-
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikarich View Post
Hey everyone.

pikarich
Ok...

Well, I think it'll be worth the wait

Also, PM me when the demo is out.

Last edited by phosphate5; August 21st, 2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Also...
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
I'm liking everything about it great work!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Why Is dew in the credit list?

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Maybe because he/she did something to help out with the game?

Hate to be rude, but why do you need to know? I mean, if these guys have to keep answering questions...it delays the demo, and you get people like the below quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
August 13th. Want demo. Now.

Oh, btw, just wanted to say a few things:

1. I love your water tiles. I've only seen one lot I liked more, and you could see Chinchou etc. under the surfact at night in those...and they must be horrendously complex

Is that ash? And as it resembles Hg/Ss grass, do you encounter wild pokemon? Very cool idea, either way.

3. Not a critiscism, as I don't know what's wrong...but the lava looks a little...odd, in the way if flashes in this image:

I think it should possibly be a slight bit duller.

Oh, and again, good luck with this project!
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update:
Lots

Sorry for not updating for ages guys, I've been really busy starting college lately and other personal issues. Since I last updated, I have worked on the game quite a lot. I've mapped the whole of Ashflow Town, a small town sitting atop Mt. Kindle. The demo will arrive in December. Now onto the updates.

---------------------------------------
Sugimori style Baby 'mon!

Pokemon-Diamond has made these great Sugimori style artworks for the three so far revealed Baby Pokémon. Haven't heard of the Babies yet? Each time you beat a gym, you'll be given a hint or a riddle to the where abouts of a Baby, once you find it it's yours!

All maps edited!

Apart from the new Baby 'Mon art, I've changed every single map in some way or another; so there would be way too many screens to post. Instead, here's an animation showcasing small parts of every map that will be in the demo in December. These are being updated all of the time, so keep an eye on the front page. Which one is your favourite?

New Support Banners!

Show your support for XENOTIME with these cool new banners.

Apart from that, I've been making loads of small changes to the front page over the time inbetween updates. There's the new screen format, which Amore has nicely displayed above, which makes it a lot easier to display loads of info on all the towns and cities. And of course, the new Psychedelic logo, which you can see below.

Update on update

The next update will be in a few days. It'll include the first three gyms badges, and revamps of the two other gyms like the one in Larcoon already has been.

Comments: (only recent ones)

@pikarich: Thanks for the update there. And yeah, we really are working hard to make it perfect.

@Pichuichu: Glad to hear you aren't gonna go crazy over no demo xD Yeah, I'm gonna be updating a lot more now. At least once every three weeks.

@phosphate5: I hope it will. Ok, I'll make sure to tell you when it is.

@ProdigyX: Thanks!

@Ben.: Because I hadn't been online to update it.

@Amore: Yeah, I love them too, they're the best non-transparent ones around in my opinion. You're right, that sort of thing is extremely complicated to get right. I'll just leave mercurysky to that xD
Yeah, it is and you do. Thanks, but it looks way better now.
At first I thought it looked great, but as the games style evolved more, it started to look out of place. I'm currently looking for the R/S one, as that is really awesome.
Thanks for the luck and I'd just like to say I really appreciate your comment from a few pages ago saying this'll look better than B/W.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; September 14th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Maybe because he/she did something to help out with the game?
Dew banned him from using his tiles, public or not.

Old September 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)

Nice Sufis and map pics they look awesome peeky chew going away come back soon! XD

My Da Account ->here<-
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:03 PM
chillj
Not active anymore.

Nature: Relaxed
Good maps! Can't wait for more and I like the Sugimori-style Babymon
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post

OMGPSYCHEDELIC!!!!

Nice logo. Next, you're going to reveal a city that changes colours like that...right? xD
Release it on January 1st, 2013 just to mock the apocalypse-believers, and I will cyber-kiss you xD

Last edited by Amore; September 29th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Cypher DS

Quote:
Collect eight badges as you receive your first Pokémon reluctantly from Professor Larcoon, a woman with a stubborn side. On your adventure, meet countless Pokémon and journey through Okyto on your quest to become the Pokémon champion! It's a perilous journey. You and your Pokémon must be tough enough to take on the incredibly strong elite six then the double battle champion. You must protect the civilians from the evil team, made up of past characters and strengthen your Pokémon, beating several trainers on the way.
So it's just like Duel Monsters?

I do like the idea of the babymon quests and the integration of double battles into the main quest.

I apologize if this has been addressed five pages ago, but regarding the Pokedex on the first page - if a 'mon is highlighted in a dark square, can they only be caught after the Elite Six, or are they removed from Xenotime altogether?

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:09 AM
pikarich
Pokemon Xenotime Founder

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
So it's just like Duel Monsters?

I do like the idea of the babymon quests and the integration of double battles into the main quest.

I apologize if this has been addressed five pages ago, but regarding the Pokedex on the first page - if a 'mon is highlighted in a dark square, can they only be caught after the Elite Six, or are they removed from Xenotime altogether?
No, not really. It's more like Pokemon.
The Pokedex is still being reworked, but the ones we are cutting out for the main quest will all be catchable after the Elite Six.

UPDATE

Still working hard on the demo, but we've still got a lot to do. Bear with us and it'll be here shortly.

Second in command for popular fangame Pokemon XENOTIME.

Old October 8th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Rahno
Beginning Trainer

hey, your games looking good. cant wait to try the game out. about your babymon, i have no idea why but i feel like ive seen them some where but i dont know where >.<
Old October 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
shadowtogepi
I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.

Nature: Quiet
Hey! wow, you've made some progress...
It's good to see xenotime is going well
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:18 PM
RulerArceus
的なインターネッ の最高級!

Nature: Timid
WOW! Awesome Game.Maps are Great, Baby Mon Idea is too.
(Wait's patiently in the Corner of my room for December.)
~RulerArceus
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update

Thanks to the brilliant PrinceLegendario, XENOTIME's gyms are now custom, instead of the boring changing colours of the official games. The ones shown are the first three, which will be in the demo. The first at the left is the Larcoon City Bug gym. But how, I hear you asking, do you enter? Well, you don't. Not at least until the water has drained. The second, in the center, is the Shrent City Rock gym. You'll have to challenge this gym first, even though it's the second. The third, at the right, is the Kindlewood Town Fire gym.

Progress

Progress on the upcoming demo is going well. Red-Gyrados is now our route mapper, and he has already mapped the route connecting Larcoon City and Shrent City. Apart from that, I've been able to fix a few errors, mainly in the battle systems layout, which will allow me more time to work on eventing Kindlewood Town and the new route.
The next update will include a lot of new sprites, including the male and female protagonists in battle sprites, Professor Larcoon's and maybe even a gym leader or two. Expect it soon.
And of course, thank you to everyone for your comments.

Demo Beta out Now!

Last edited by Peeky Chew; October 26th, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:44 PM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
You know for the fire gym, why not try adding a torch-like thing on the roof. Or bigger flames at the side. Overall quite cool!

Old October 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
The flames around the fire gym are kinda hard to see... and that's the only negative thing I've got to say. You game looks fantastic, Looking forward to play the demo.
Old October 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Less than 2 months left :D Awesome.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here