The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
A beach (well, beach training/teaching) episode? When was the last time we had one of these?

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; August 7th, 2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old August 7th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I loved this episode. Ice Chandelier looked really pretty when Dawn was finally able master it. I'm happy that Team Rocket also were given something to do instead of trying to catch Pikachu again. That Thomas kid sure seemed like a smart ass but I think that's why he seemed so funny to me. Can't wait for the Grand Festival.
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Nice episode. So Johanna wasn't able to teach a Coordinator class, so Dawn decides to take the initiative to lead it.

I know that in every classroom there is always that one bratty kid. In this case, it's Thomas.

That's awesome that Jesselina got another ribbon. I'm rooting for her all the way! Is it bad that I'm rooting for the bad guys? I wish we could've seen her new contest style...

So Dawn out of nowhere, decides to use another combo move called Ice Chandelier. It's a lot better name than Flame Ice, if you ask me.

Thomas and Piplup, haha.

Looking forward to the Grand Festival!

9/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old August 7th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
There's always got to be one stubborn kid in the class. In this case, it's Thomas - who strangely reminded me of Drew. Thomas wasn't the only character out of the kids who looked familiar to another character though. From the screen cap below, the youngster with the cap reminded me a bit of the new male protagonist in Pokémon Black and White, just younger version with slightly different clothes. >.>; I don't know if anyone else sees it, or if it's just me. Just saying.

Spoiler:

I pretty much liked this episode. A change of scenery, plot, etc. made this more enjoyable that it was originally thought to be. Plus, it's always fun to see the whole gang of Pokémon out at once. Gives a little screen time for each one. Though, like usual Piplup got picked for spotlight with Thomas. It wouldn't surprise me if Thomas chooses a Piplup as his starter when he reaches ten.

There are more various other little things I liked in this episode. We got to see Johanna again, that's always nice. I sometimes wish Ash's mom was as outgoing. We also got a new twist on Flame Ice, this time Ice Chandelier - Although, IMO I just kind of grew tired of Dawn's continuous appeals revolving around Ice, Water, and Fire. I'm glad she did a new twist with electricity this time. Which leaves me anxious for the Grand Festival...very, very much. n_n; Other than that, I learned a valuable lesson on how to throw a Pokéball.

1. Strike a pose
Spoiler:

2. Throw the Pokéball like this.
Spoiler:

3. Lastly, strike a poke [again] and cue entrance of Pikachu.
Spoiler:
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Omfg, I tried to stay up all night just to watch this damn episode, but my chihuahua's cuteness hypnotized me to sleeping on the couch next to my computer >_< FFFFFUUUUUUUUU....

Well then, though our reliable illegality, I thought it was a nice episode. Dawn comes up with a move. I honestly thought it would have been a tad more Fillery, but that's a good thing. Thomas was being such a douche. Even if he did change, I hate him. I outright plain hate 7 year olds that act that way. Hell, I outright hate 99% of 7 year olds. They're too old to be cute and too young to be friendly. **** 7 year olds, the horrible inbetween of ages worse than adolescence. I'll gladly work as a Preschool teacher or Algebra teacher any day, but it's the middle 2-5th grades that ****ing piss me off.

K, then, back from rambling, I noticed a few mistakes. Staravia comes out with Brock's group of Pokemon, and Gible is out of its Pokeball immediately after Ash calls it back. Nice plot, but this time the failasco was utter.
Old August 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

One thing that surprised me: Team Rocket didn't interfere with Ash! Thank goodness we didn't have to see them come up with yet another bound-to-fail plan to steal Pikachu then hear them yell "we're blasting off again!"

Of course Ash would teach the kids how to throw a Poke Ball with some poses. That's Ash for you.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:31 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I liked Ash teaching the kids, he's becoming a great teacher these days
And LOL I love the Pipulp bashing, too funny. I enjoyed Ash being concerned for Dawn, than Brock had to ruin the moment ><
Over all, fun episode.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM
rockman0
I still claim Luxray!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via AIM to rockman0 Send a message via Yahoo to rockman0
@Hiiro: I agree. I felt that the little kid looked like the BW male protagonist. Maybe they just threw that in to get hype for the new games, like they did with HGSS and the episodes with Lyra and Khoury.

This episode was okay. From the episode title, I thought for sure that Dawn's mother would be like, "I set that up so I could teach you a lesson, mwaha!" I guess I was wrong.

Also, I'm glad that Jessie is getting ribbons. I can't wait to see an actual contest with her in it. She's my favorite contestant. Maybe in Gen 5, Team Rocket could stop all of the crazy failed capture attempts and do some legit things.

"From now on, live in the past, and fight for the future."
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I enjoyed this episode, it's nice to see a different storyline for fillery episodes.

- I hate Dawn's mum
- I hate her voice, too. The deepness sounds so put-on
- Brock: I'll handle the breeding section. So, you mean you're doing nothing
- "Rocket start" I'm sure that's what she says in Japanese, too :D
- Oh, she only has 3 ribbons? o.O
- Piplup always gets all the abuse XD
- It's mostly Ash teaching everyone.
- "Then, you make a final pose!" XD
- Haha, I like Dawn getting angry
- Dawn can't draw XD
- Urgh, I always forget about Pachirisu, it's so ignored

Music kept: (5)

Dawn meets her mum
Kimi no Sobade de remix
Route 201
Kimi no Soba de ~Battle remix
Jessie wins the contest
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Dawn's drawing looks like something made by a 10 year old on Windows Paint...

Oh wait...
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Oh wait, there was no Windows Paint for her to draw it on, so she drew it on paper instead :P I was looking at the lines more than anything, I wasn't that bad at drawing when I was 10, but oh well, I thought it was funny. Everything is that bad on Paint if you're just using a mouse, though.
Old August 8th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman0 View Post
Also, I'm glad that Jessie is getting ribbons. I can't wait to see an actual contest with her in it. She's my favorite contestant. Maybe in Gen 5, Team Rocket could stop all of the crazy failed capture attempts and do some legit things.
Yes! I'm not the only one on here who wants the bad guy to win. Well, actually Jessie (Jesselina) shouldn't really count as a bad guy when it comes to Contests. I think that stealing Pokemon is the last thing on TR's mind when it comes to creating a new Contest style!

I wish I saw Jesselina's performance and how she handled that Seviper of hers.

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Neelh
i am so win lol!!1! :P

Nature: Quirky
I enjoyed this episode. It's one of the few with Dawn I like, the others being Yes in Dee Dee it's Dawn and some other one whose name I can't remember. It was the first episode I watched.

Waitasec, I never saw the name.

Anyways, Thomas was a BELIVABLE CHARACTER!

I still hate Ashy-boy's new voice.

Ditto, but Brocky.

Also, what the hell are Poke-buns or whatever?

(Leaves due to fact of Pokemon World knowledge).

No Misty references (I know they're Bulbasaur in Johto, but still...).

I like Dawn's drawings. Does that make me insane?

Paired with the inactive best friend in real life, Pikachu-dance!
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

I really wish that we could have gotten to see Jessie's battles and appeals. In the contests, even in Hoenn but especially in Sinnoh, her appeals are always really cool and creative, and the battles where she wins are great, its cool to see them using strategy to win battles instead of "Seviper, bite!" for 20 episodes in a row...

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I liked this episode so much that I watched it on both Saturday and Sunday.
1. Awwww. Thomas actually liked Piplup. Cute.
2. I wish we saw more of Jessie's appeal with Seviper, and more of her final battle.
3. Does Ash really think that when the students start to catch Pokemon, that they are really going to do the final pose?
4. I like it when Ash comforts Dawn.
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
Just watched it, contests arent my favorite aspect when it comes do dawn... may did it beter.

but im happy to see team rocket being constructive with their screen time.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here