The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
sir.euge
Bunchies Back!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Yahoo to sir.euge

Advertise here
Dude your attitude totally rocks! No nostalgia! YEA! Youre like creating something that nintendo wished they had made themselves, but, too bad for them! Really love the sprites. Right from the beginning it feels like theres a lot to explore. Cant wait to beat the Elite Four, or is it not four anymore? Im just saying..... GOOD JOB SON!
Old August 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Cant wait to beat the Elite Four, or is it not four anymore? Im just saying..... GOOD JOB SON!
The Elite Four will be the same. Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and then Blue.

Oh, so people can have a clearer idea of how much longer the beta will be than the alpha, here's a map of every area you can access in Beta 1:
http://a.imageshack.us/img707/3269/beta1map.png
Credit to Bulbapedia for the original Kanto map.

Remember, all the alpha had was Pallet Town and Route 1.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 11th, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5. I like the tile set you made as it does resemble HG/SS. Is the Cerulean Gym gonna have a Sailor in it since there were two in Cerulean Gym in HG/SS?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Ashdejan
TheForbiddenBeast

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashdejan Send a message via Skype™ to Ashdejan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5.
I think you answered your own question
Explain: The game ends at route 5 so we cant go to Vermilion yet so we can only have 2 badges Boulder and Cascade

Old August 12th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

That and the SS Anne ticket. Are you going to use a Clefairy sprite for Bill?
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
In Beta 1 will we get two badges? Seeing that Routes 24&25 are in Beta 1 the Nugget Bridge the Sea Cottage events are in Beta 1. The beta probably ends with someone blocking the Underground Path in Route 5. I like the tile set you made as it does resemble HG/SS. Is the Cerulean Gym gonna have a Sailor in it since there were two in Cerulean Gym in HG/SS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdejan View Post
I think you answered your own question
Explain: The game ends at route 5 so we cant go to Vermilion yet so we can only have 2 badges Boulder and Cascade
You will be able to obtain 2 badges. Bill will also give you the S.S. Anne ticket, but for now it's going to be completely useless. Also the Rocket event in Cerulean City is there, but it is a little different, since the layout of Cerulean City in DarkViolet/HG/SS is significantly different than the layout in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG. You will be able to access Route 5 before you beat Misty, unlike FR/LG.

Also, in future releases, you will also be able to access Route 5 before you beat Misty, but you are not allowed to enter the Underground Path until you beat Misty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
That and the SS Anne ticket. Are you going to use a Clefairy sprite for Bill?
Think logically. If Bill says that he got combined with a Pokemon, of course I'm going to make him look like a Clefairy. Otherwise, then the whole event would make no sense.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 12th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Think logically. If Bill says that he got combined with a Pokemon, of course I'm going to make him look like a Clefairy. Otherwise, then the whole event would make no sense.
Uh, yeah... I was talking about a specific Clefairy or just a generic sprite.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:39 PM
bulber guy
Beginning Trainer

This hack looks really good. I hope this hack will be finished, since most hack authors stop working on hacks when they start.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
I like the progress so far, but the female character is Leaf/Blue.

The Rival is Green.
The heroine is not Green.

The reason I've said this is because I follow the Chinese Pokemon Manga names,
and I directly translate them.

Quote:
The Elite Four will be the same. Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, and then Blue.
Please be reminded that the Rival's name is Green, according to Japanese Pokemon Manga.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:35 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I like the progress so far, but the female character is Leaf/Blue.

The Rival is Green.
The heroine is not Green.

The reason I've said this is because I follow the Chinese Pokemon Manga names,
and I directly translate them.

Please be reminded that the Rival's name is Green, according to Japanese Pokemon Manga.
Nope.
1. Manga and games are not canon, meaning despite character similarities (or identicalities, which is now a word), they aren't the same.
2. In the English HGSS, the leader of Viridian Gym is called Blue. Earlier on, Chaos Rush stated that this is what he was going by, therefore it makes sense to call the heroine Green, and not Blue. (and not Leaf, either, since Red, Blue and Leaf don't exactly go together).

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post

Nope.
1. Manga and games are not canon, meaning despite character similarities (or identicalities, which is now a word), they aren't the same.
2. In the English HGSS, the leader of Viridian Gym is called Blue. Earlier on, Chaos Rush stated that this is what he was going by, therefore it makes sense to call the heroine Green, and not Blue. (and not Leaf, either, since Red, Blue and Leaf don't exactly go together).
Yeah, I know that, but I thought that Manga names are cooler...
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Yeah, I know that, but I thought that Manga names are cooler...
So did I and I suggested that from the start. However, Chaos Rush chose to go with the HGSS names, and I respect him for that.

Besides, Manga names and the games are technically canon for the first two generations in Japan. The US got the bad end of the deal, no Green!

Oh, and you said the manga is Chinese. It was never translated to Chinese, as far as I know, or at least, not officially.
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Aren't the manga names the same as the HG/SS names? Except if you're talking about the whole Blue/Green thing depending on which language.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Aren't the manga names the same as the HG/SS names? Except if you're talking about the whole Blue/Green thing depending on which language.
That depends. The version I'm reading (on One Manga) has the Japanese names. So, it kind of depends as the version I'm reading is different than the one book I have (first three chapters).
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:26 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
That depends. The version I'm reading (on One Manga) has the Japanese names. So, it kind of depends as the version I'm reading is different than the one book I have (first three chapters).
This is true, the manga has quite a few translations and versions, it gets confusing.

But does it really matter? I mean HGSS called him Blue, despite the prequels being FireRed and LeafGreen, so... Okay, honestly I'm beginning to confuse myself here. I'll be back for the next update... :D
*leaves*

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post

But does it really matter? I mean HGSS called him Blue, despite the prequels being FireRed and LeafGreen, so... Okay, honestly I'm beginning to confuse myself here. I'll be back for the next update... :D
*leaves*
Screw FireRed and LeafGreen, DarkViolet is the real prequel!

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Even though the Battle Frontier was invented 3 years later, in Johto. Emerald takes place 2 years after HGSS.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Even though the Battle Frontier was invented 3 years later, in Johto. Emerald takes place 2 years after HGSS.
Wrong. All Gen III games take place at (around) the same time, and all Gen IV games take place at (around) the same time.

How the hell do you even come to the conclusion that Emerald takes place after HG/SS O_o...

Notice how there's no time machine in FR/LG to trade with R/S/E, and there's no time machine in HG/SS to trade with D/P/Pt.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Firered is basically the same as Red. HGSS is a direct remake of Gold/Silver, which takes place after Red. By the manga (and US release dates), it's 3 years. Emerald is an improved version of Ruby, which, by previous logic, takes place 2 years after Gold.

But what about Celio? International trading was created in Firered, when a Ruby and Sapphire were used to connect National PokéDexes. That's how you can trade with FR off the bat. I may have missed something, though.

Edit- Longest post I ever made with a Wii Remote.

Okay, Red is still alive during the events of Ruby- that's how he trades.
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Firered is basically the same as Red. HGSS is a direct remake of Gold/Silver, which takes place after Red. By the manga (and US release dates), it's 3 years. Emerald is an improved version of Ruby, which, by previous logic, takes place 2 years after Gold.

But what about Celio? International trading was created in Firered, when a Ruby and Sapphire were used to connect National PokéDexes. That's how you can trade with FR off the bat. I may have missed something, though.

Edit- Longest post I ever made with a Wii Remote.

Okay, Red is still alive during the events of Ruby- that's how he trades.
Release dates and the manga have absolutely nothing to do with when the official games take place :/.

Go ahead and think whatever you want, but since this is my hack, and I'm the only guy making the Pokémon Saga hack series, I can do whatever I want, and I'm going to say this right here:

Pokémon Saga - DarkViolet and Pokémon Saga - Jade takes place at the same time.

Pokémon Saga - HeartGold and Pokémon Saga - Platinum takes place 3 years after DarkViolet and Jade.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Lemme get this straight.
The events of R/S/E and FR/LG are of the same timeline.

While the events of HG/SS and D/P/P are of the same timeline.
And the events of HG/SS occur after 3 years of FR/LG timeline.

You can't say that the events of Emerald happens AFTER HG/SS, that would impossible. While it IS true that Emerald is indeed an IMPROVED version
of R/S, they are still of the same timeline.

Now, you may ask, "Where did you get this information?"

Well, I forgot, but I remembered that from a person in Serebii...

Quote:
Oh, and you said the manga is Chinese. It was never translated to Chinese, as far as I know, or at least, not officially.
It DID translated to Chinese. (I have a whole collection of them.)
All Pokemon stuff are translated to Chinese, except for video games.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; August 16th, 2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: 3 years, not 2 years.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
It DID translated to Chinese. (I have a whole collection of them.)
All Pokemon stuff are translated to Chinese, except for video games.
"or at least, not officially''. I'd read the whole post.

You know what? Chaos Rush is right, though, it's his hack. His decision to ruin it some way. (4 games already?)
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
"or at least, not officially''. I'd read the whole post.

You know what? Chaos Rush is right, though, it's his hack. His decision to ruin it some way. (4 games already?)
It IS an official release, and it's released in Hong Kong.

As for Chaos Rush's decision, he's actually following the official
timeline from Nintendo. That's good.
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Here's my evidence:

FR/LG takes place at the same time as R/S/E because:

*You don't need a time machine in either set of games to trade with each other
*An NPC on One Island states that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn
*An NPC on Seven Island states that Bruno once trained with Brawly
*You can buy Lava Cookies on Two Island. The item description mentions Lavaridge Town
*An NPC in Lilycove City mentions he came from the Kanto region
*You can go to Navel Rock and Birth Island in FR/LG AND Emerald.
*On Faraway Island, the faded signpost's message ends with, "...ji" in the Japanese version. Mr. Fuji's japanese name is also Fuji, meaning that since Mew = Kanto, and Mr. Fuji = Kanto, there's another Kanto reference right there.

HG/SS takes place at the same time as D/P/Pt because:

*You don't need a time machine in either set of games to trade with each other
*In the beginning of Diamond/Pearl, there's a TV report on the red Gyarados that appears HG/SS.
*In Platinum, there's an NPC at the Fight Area that says he filmed the documentary, "The Search for the Red Gyarados!"
*In Platinum, the first time you try to enter Lake Valor, there's two NPCs blocking your path. One of them says he filmed the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Yes, he specifically mentions the Lake of Rage.
*In HG/SS, in Bill's house in Goldenrod City, one of the NPCs says that Eevee can evolve into one of seven different kinds of Pokemon (he said five in G/S/C). What would be those seven? Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon.
*Maylene and Crasher Wake actually appear in HG/SS.
*Jasmine appears in D/P/Pt.
*There are plenty of Johto references in Platinum
*There are plenty of Sinnoh references in HG/SS

HG/SS & D/P/Pt takes place 3 years after FR/LG & R/S/E because:

*In Azalea Town, when you rescue Kurt from the Slowpoke Well, he explains to you that Team Rocket was broken up 3 years ago by a boy named Red. Red could be anyone, but there's an NPC in the game you could battle named Red, and he clearly looks like the male protagonist of FR/LG.
*There's a whole bunch of NPCs scattered throughout Johto and Kanto saying something along the lines of, "Team Rocket was broken up 3 years ago"
*In FR/LG, if you go to Team Rocket's Warehouse on Five Island and read one of the computers, it talks about frequencies forcing Pokemon to evolve. This is a reference to the red Gyarados plot that is supposed to happen 3 years later, which the event directly takes place in HG/SS, and is talked about in D/P/Pt.
*In G/S/C, you specifically needed a time machine to trade with R/G/B/Y.

Quote:
What do you mean, "4 games already"? Pokemon Saga has always been planned to be 4 games, since October 2009 actually. And (lol), wtf am I ruining? Your imagination?

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Wow... that's a very detailed report you've got there.
That's just about enough to crush Heart Soul's pathectic imagination.

Although I already knew this piece of information from a friend in Serebii
and he said that, "R/S/E and FR/LG take place in the same timeline, meanwhile,
HG/SS and D/P/P take place in the same timeline."

Due to D/P/P has Johto references, I think that's one of the reasons
that Game Freak decided to create HG/SS, hopefully to earn more money
and to also create a fact that HG/SS and D/P/P takes place in the same timeline.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here