The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laynerulez View Post
Omg thanks..I have been waiting for this hack forever
I know it's not really necessary, but I have to. You joined in this month and this is your first post. I really doubt you've waited for this hack "forever" as this hack did not exist before July of this year.

And to be on-topic- I love what you did with the game! Route 1 is so much better. XD
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
I know it's not really necessary, but I have to. You joined in this month and this is your first post. I really doubt you've waited for this hack "forever" as this hack did not exist before July of this year.

And to be on-topic- I love what you did with the game! Route 1 is so much better. XD
Actually this hack has been going for a while under different names, Shadow Amethyst, Saga adventure, and now DarkViolet.
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Actually, this hack has been around since January (but I've been working on it since December)... and I came up with the concept of Pokemon Saga in October 09...

Who knows, Laynerulez could have been a lurker, and therefore he could have actually waited, heck, I was a lurker of PC, and the only reason why I first joined was just to play ShinyGold.

Once I make decent progress with DarkViolet, I'll start working on Jade, and then hopefully this whole "Pokemon Saga" thing will finally make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post

Actually this hack has been going for a while under different names, Shadow Amethyst, Saga adventure, and now DarkViolet.
You are correct! It's all the same thing: Try and create the perfect Kanto-based game. Originally it was ShadowAmethyst because Mewtwo is purple and I thought it sounded cool, but then I thought I would call it Adventure, and name the other one Chronicles, while Platinum would become Chronicles 2 and HeartGold would become Adventure 2. Then I decided you have to have some kind of "version" title, so I just thought of the color purple, which became DarkViolet, and then Chronicles has been renamed to Jade.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 20th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old August 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Alamos
Team Plasma Leader

Great Hack!

Wish someone would make a remake of these games using a DS game base.
That would be awesome! Anyway hope you get this game finished soon~

IGN: Dusk
My Shop For Trading:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232598
Always use this FC:3696 5584 0490
Pokemon Chat Site: http://pokemonfannetwork.tk/
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:40 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I got finished playing the beta yesterday. Why doesn't Charmander learn Metal Claw anymore? Also Misty was hard to beat since I had Charmeleon. Are Psyduck and Horsea references to the anime? It is fun to play and I like how Team Rocket have their theme and an R logo before you battle them. Reminds me of Azure Horizons beta 1 since it has two badges in the beta, the second gym leader has three Pokemon, it ends with an event battling one lone grunt kind of.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
I got finished playing the beta yesterday. Why doesn't Charmander learn Metal Claw anymore?
He never learned it in R/G/B/Y. The point of the starters that Squirtle is easy because it learns a damaging elemental attack earlier than the others, Bulbasaur is medium because you have to work harder for it to learn Vine Whip, and Charmander is hard because you have a disadvantage. They completely ruined that in FR/LG.

If Brock is hard, do what you did in Gen I: Either catch a Mankey, or catch a Caterpie (which will know Confusion as a Butterfree)

Also, you mentioned Misty was hard: There are three somewhat good Grass Pokemon obtainable other than Bulbasaur. Head for Route 5 to catch Bellsprout, which will already know Vine Whip. Or you could look in Route 24 and you'll find Sunkern, and I've placed a Sun Stone on Route 25 so you can evolve Sunkern. Also you can catch Oddish on Route 25.

Quote:
Are Psyduck and Horsea references to the anime?
Hell no. I hate the anime, and you'll never see a single anime reference in this hack. And that's also why if you play as Green, you'll never see Red with a Pikachu in the pseudo-rival fights. I gave Misty a Psyduck because it's a somewhat decent water Pokemon, and I gave her a Horsea because if you're not careful you could get owned by Dragon Rage. Originally I was going to give her Vaporeon, but then I decided that's a little too hard with it's defenses.

When the time comes to do "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold", one of the things I will do is change Red's team to the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Charmander. That means bye bye Pikachu! (And I'm also going to make Blue's team the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Squirtle)

The last time I watched the anime was in 2002, and I don't remember her having a Horsea at all. Wasn't her team something like Staryu, Goldeen, and Togepi? Nobody has to answer that question because I don't really care.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 21st, 2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
When the time comes to do "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold", one of the things I will do is change Red's team to the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Charmander. That means bye bye Pikachu! (And I'm also going to make Blue's team the team he has in DarkViolet if he started with Squirtle)
The "pikachu" wasnt a reference to the anime by the way
It was reference to Pokemon Yellow - Special Pikachu edition ;P

Anyway the hack looks good
Can't wait for the beta
And I will be always a fan
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
The "pikachu" wasnt a reference to the anime by the way
It was reference to Pokemon Yellow - Special Pikachu edition ;P
And Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. So Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = ew.

EDIT: I'm just letting you guys know that all doors have their animation fixed now, which you can see in Beta 2. I've changed my mind, there won't be a Beta 1.1, sorry...
Also originally I was planning on Beta 2 going up to Celadon, while Beta 3 going up to Saffron, but I've changed my mind, I've merged Beta 2 and 3. Therefore, Beta 2 will go all the way to Saffron (that's 6 badges!), so don't expect another Beta release for quite a while. Then Beta 3 will have the Pokemon League and Sevii Islands. Sometime after Beta 2 is out, I will begin working on Pokemon Jade, and I plan on releasing the final versions of DarkViolet and Jade on the same day.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 21st, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
And Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. So Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = ew.

EDIT: I'm just letting you guys know that all doors have their animation fixed now, which you can see in Beta 2. I've changed my mind, there won't be a Beta 1.1, sorry...
Also originally I was planning on Beta 2 going up to Celadon, while Beta 3 going up to Saffron, but I've changed my mind, I've merged Beta 2 and 3. Therefore, Beta 2 will go all the way to Saffron (that's 6 badges!), so don't expect another Beta release for quite a while. Then Beta 3 will have the Pokemon League and Sevii Islands. Sometime after Beta 2 is out, I will begin working on Pokemon Jade, and I plan on releasing the final versions of DarkViolet and Jade on the same day.
The manga was made BEFORE the anime, therefore it should be Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = Rip off of the manga.
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:51 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:

The manga was made BEFORE the anime, therefore it should be Red's Pikachu = Pokemon Yellow = Anime = Rip off of the manga.
Yeah, but I'm still not giving Red a Pikachu, sorry. And I'm not dissing the manga, I think it looks really cool, and I would like to read it sometime... after all, according to Bulbapedia, Satoshi Tajiri said that the manga represents best the world he was trying to convey. Violence ftw! I guess that's because the main character actually received a Kanto starter from Prof. Oak, instead of a weak random mouse that belongs in a forest.

But even if the anime never existed, I still wouldn't give Red a Pikachu, because Pikachu = Weak = Suck.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:56 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Yeah, but I'm still not giving Red a Pikachu, sorry. And I'm not dissing the manga, I think it looks really cool, and I would like to read it sometime... after all, according to Bulbapedia, Satoshi Tajiri said that the manga represents best the world he was trying to convey. Violence ftw! I guess that's because the main character actually received a Kanto starter from Prof. Oak, instead of a weak random mouse that belongs in a forest.
Quote:

But even if the anime never existed, I still wouldn't give Red a Pikachu, because Pikachu = Weak = Suck.
Agreed, anyway that is the future, right, and the sequel, so should we discuss the current game? (And what are you giving him instead? Is he keeping Snorlax, as he replaced it with Lapras in HG/SS, didn't he?)

Now, have I said my opinion... I think what you are doing is beyond what is needed. In a good way. Most hackers strive for uniqueness, you are doing it by doing what Nintendo did, but better. Should be interesting (seeing as they built FR from the Ruby engine)

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old August 21st, 2010, 01:13 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post

Agreed, anyway that is the future, right, and the sequel, so should we discuss the current game? (And what are you giving him instead? Is he keeping Snorlax, as he replaced it with Lapras in HG/SS, didn't he?)
To find out part of Red's team, download Beta 1, play as Green, and pick Squirtle.

Quote:
Now, have I said my opinion... I think what you are doing is beyond what is needed. In a good way. Most hackers strive for uniqueness, you are doing it by doing what Nintendo did, but better. Should be interesting (seeing as they built FR from the Ruby engine)
lol, to tell you the truth, way back in October 09, this was going to be a FireRed hack. But then I decided that there has to be animated battle sprites and a Battle Frontier, since Emerald (which I'm renaming to Jade), Platinum, and HeartGold have one. Besides, HG/SS were built off of Platinum, so I guess it is interesting to see what a Kanto game built off of Emerald would have been like.

But I'm also doing Pokemon Saga to make the games kinda "connect". I noticed that FR/LG seems the most dated, for instance:

*Only 2 main characters. R/S/E has Brendan, May, and Wally. D/P/Pt has Lucas, Dawn, and Barry. HG/SS has Ethan, Lyra, and Emoguy. Unfortunately, FR/LG just had 2 main characters, since the opposite gender character wasn't in the game at all. That's why I chose to make a pseudo-rival in DarkViolet.

*Team Rocket doesn't have proper admins/executives/commanders (in FR/LG). Well, let's see, in R/S/E, the Magma Admins are Courtney and Tabitha. The Aqua Admins are Matt and Shelly. In D/P/Pt, the Galactic Commanders are Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Charon. In HG/SS, they named the unamed executives from G/S/C, which became Proton, Petrel, Ariana, and Archer. In FR/LG, you fight no admins during the main storyline, and the only admins were those unamed ones in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island, and they had similar teams to the final two executives in G/S/C (which were renamed to Ariana and Archer in HG/SS).

After finding that out, I realized that Ariana and Archer actually appear in FR/LG, but they were unamed. SO, I decided to include them in DarkViolet, but I actually gave them proper sprites, plus I'm going to have you fight them during the main Kanto portion of the storyline. Since the Hoenn games have 2 admins per team, I decided to only include Ariana and Archer in DarkViolet. Petrel and Proton will make cameo appearances as Grunts part of the Silph Co invasion.

Um... I guess I strayed from the topic too much lol

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:43 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Why does Ariana have a black outfit and a Gastly? Also why don't you give Misty a Wooper instead of a Horsea, since Lapras would seem too hard, and Quagsire is used by Misty three years later in HG/SS.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:

Actaully in the manga
Red starts with a poliwag
but catches the Pikachu

I'm playing the beta as we speak
and i must say i'm impressed
It looks even better than the screenshots
Just a suggestion but since its gonna look like HGSS kanto
Shouldn't the MART have tables and cushions in Although u based the PC to look like R/B/G

Oh yes and

When the old man shows you how to catch Pokemon
Well...

Wally has a makeover xD

Last edited by Nintendork15; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:25 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Why does Ariana have a black outfit and a Gastly? Also why don't you give Misty a Wooper instead of a Horsea, since Lapras would seem too hard, and Quagsire is used by Misty three years later in HG/SS.
Ariana has a Gastly because she's also going use Haunter/Gengar when I do "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold". Misty doesn't use Wooper because Wooper is a really weak Pokemon, and I can easily change her team in "Pokemon Saga - HeartGold".

Also Ariana has a black outfit because I'm not going to make her look exactly the same three years prior. Afterall, if Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, and Blue all got outfit changes three years later, then I think it's okay to make Ariana look different three years before HG/SS.

Just saying, but Archer will also have a black outfit in DarkViolet. Besides, I don't know why, but IMO, the black outfit makes them look younger, which is a good thing.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
ArcanineFan7
Beginning Trainer

Ohhh I thought this was kind of a manga hack. Either way it looks good. I was hoping to have RED travel to Johto. Butttt I guess I need to wait for that kind of hack. Also, I read that timeline garbage.. wtf?? I'm confused lol.

Regards,
ArcanineFan7
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcanineFan7 View Post
Ohhh I thought this was kind of a manga hack. Either way it looks good. I was hoping to have RED travel to Johto. Butttt I guess I need to wait for that kind of hack. Also, I read that timeline garbage.. wtf?? I'm confused lol.
Just wait until I post Pokemon Jade, then everything will make sense (hopefully).

EDIT: Oh, and

Right now I'm trying to decide if it looks better with the FR/LG battle text box, or the default DarkViolet textbox. The reason why I'm considering using the default one is because the 4th gen games don't use a separate textbox for battles, so there's another thing that I might have to make consistent...

I'm also going to hack the HP boxes to look like the HG/SS ones. In Pokemon Jade, the HP boxes will look like the Platinum ones.

Originally I was just going to use the default Emerald battle backgrounds, but thanks to Frostbite posting new screenshots of his hack, I suddenly realized that it's possible for D/P/Pt/HG/SS backgrounds to actually look nice in a GBA hack, you just have to sort your colors carefully.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to raise Misty's levels a bit because some people say that she's kinda easy. Besides, it's really easy to train in this game thanks to the rematch system.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
ArcanineFan7
Beginning Trainer

I'm playing the beta right now. Whenever i go to a building in Viridian city, a tile appears over the building. Not sure if this has been reported yet.

EDIT: Same thing for Pewter City.

Regards,
ArcanineFan7

Last edited by ArcanineFan7; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
I'm playing the beta right now. Whenever i go to a building in Viridian city, a tile appears over the building. Not sure if this has been reported yet.

EDIT: Same thing for Pewter City.
I've already said that all door animations have been fixed for Beta 2.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
ArcanineFan7
Beginning Trainer

Alright. I found hoot-hoot in viridian forest. Not sure if that is suppose to be there. Also to nit-pick, the text in the battle scenes and saving screens are over a space. I remember them being flush with the border. But that does not really matter. Other than that, this is all I can find is "wrong". Good job.

Regards,
ArcanineFan7

Last edited by ArcanineFan7; August 22nd, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Alright. I found hoot-hoot in viridian forest. Not sure if that is suppose to be there. Also to nit-pick, the text in the battle scenes and saving screens are over a space. I remember them being flush with the border. But that does not really matter. Other than that, this is all I can find is "wrong". Good job.
Hoothoot is in DarkViolet's Kanto dex, I think I've posted this about 3 times by now:
Spoiler:

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Sentret
Furret
Spearow
Fearow
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ekans
Arbok
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran F
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran M
Nidorino
Nidoking
Cleffa
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Igglybuff
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Politoed
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbel
Victreebel
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Wooper
Quagsire
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Houndour
Houndoom
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Slowking
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch’d
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Steelix
Drowzee
Hypno
Murkrow
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Wynaut
Wobbuffet
Tyrogue
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Slugma
Magcargo
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Blissey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Azurill
Marill
Azumarill
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Scizor
Smoochum
Jynx
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Phanpy
Donphan
Elekid
Electabuzz
Magby
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Miltank
Chinchou
Lanturn
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Espeon
Umbreon
Porygon
Porygon2
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew

And I don't really know what you're talking about the textbox, the battle textbox is exactly the same as FR/LG's, and the textboxes in Ru/Sa, FR/LG, and Emerald float over empty space too.

If you see some Pokemon that you think don't belong there, please don't even mention it. I bet you guys didn't even notice the Machop in Route 3, the Poliwag in Route 4, the Vulpix & Ponyta in Route 5, the Sunkern on Route 24, the Igglybuff on Route 2 and 3, the Cleffa in Mt. Moon, yeah, like it or not, you're going to see a few Gen II Pokemon because they're in my Kanto dex, and you're going to see certain Gen I Pokemon in different places.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I noticed Machop. Thought it was normal- guess not.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
I noticed Machop. Thought it was normal- guess not.

Machop was origanlly Normal in R/B/G

But was moved to Fighting Type due to the amount of BlackBelt and Hikers that use them

(...someone's done his homework...) :D
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Machop was origanlly Normal in R/B/G

But was moved to Fighting Type due to the amount of BlackBelt and Hikers that use them

(...someone's done his homework...) :D
...What? I thought it was normal for Machop to be there, in RGBY he was Fighting Type. ALWAYS.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
...What? I thought it was normal for Machop to be there, in RGBY he was Fighting Type. ALWAYS.

It was NORMAL on Green

And i was wonderin
With Proton and Petrel be in the Game
Since there part of TEAM rocket

Sponsored Links