The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2251    
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: U.s.a.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Ahh,Touche xD

Now,I won't ask for the 8th Badge because I want it to come as a surprise.I can't have all teh spoilers out now can I? : P

But I would like to see the Cast of GYm Leaders for Each badge.That would satisfy me enough. : O
__________________
Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
  #2252    
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki View Post
Ahh,Touche xD

Now,I won't ask for the 8th Badge because I want it to come as a surprise.I can't have all teh spoilers out now can I? : P

But I would like to see the Cast of GYm Leaders for Each badge.That would satisfy me enough. : O
Yeah, I'm the one designing the badges, and let me say it's a good thing you didn't ask for it. I haven't done any of OI's requested badges past these yet LOL. I'm multitasking both this and my own game which is still in the drawing board [and since I don't have any other team members yet, it takes up quite a bit of my focus]. Hopefully, I can get the rest of the badges done soon. Just need to think of designs for some of the more complicated ideas OI has given me to work with...lol. Knowing OI, they may be out very soon after I've sent them to him haha.

And yeah, I wanna seem some Gym leaders too OI, if/when possible lmao. I'm curious O:
__________________
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #2253    
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
NovaStar's Avatar
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anywhere but there
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Well don't fret guys, the gym leader sprites will be out soon.

To keep you guys entertained here's the electric gym leader (I'm not sure what OI's naming him). When I was in the process of respriting it I got on the idea of making the leader a child prodigy stricken with a huge ego and un-comparable cockiness. I think I got it down pretty well.


Also here's a resprite of the Terrence sprite you saw in the last update. (The first one is mine, the second is the original)

Well since he has been busy lately, OI will be posting the map he promised soon; and in the event he cannot post an update I'll try to get it up as soon as I can.
Don't forget to vote for the next type you want to be revealed next.
__________________

Last edited by NovaStar; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:04 AM.
  #2254    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
CyberSamurai's Avatar
CyberSamurai
Devoted Battler
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Flordia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
lemme just say im totes diggin the fire starters evo. its damn sexy. and i vote bug
__________________
Heart Gold FC: 5199 7493 2055
Pearl FC: 2751 6146 2357


Challenges:
Ultiimate Monotype Poison: lg/fr-Complete!
hg/ss-Complete!
R/S/E-Awaiting Purchase

  #2255    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Pecilia's Avatar
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eye Oh Wah
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
I also vote bug. I wonder what species of bug would be used.
__________________

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
  #2256    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8876 View Post
wow you would think by now you would have a demo out; youve been working on this forever!!!! let us play the dam thing...the pics and stuff are all pretty but we want to play it not keep getting little damn updates.!!! GET ON THE BALL!
^ No one reply to him. I have my reasons for saying so, it shouldn't be a problem. No one. Not even you OI, sorry to boss around the thread creator, but one thing tends to lead to another, fights start, threads get closed. It'll inevitably lead the thread off topic again if you do. Besides, I'm technically on the team right? I'll answer it [Yes, I just called dibs in a sense lmao]:

To answer your patient and kind request, Johnny, work is being done. So you'll have to be patient, sit down, and shut up. Things take time, and OI wants this to be as perfect as possible, even down to the the demo. Rome wasn't built in a day, y'know. Don't worry, you'll be able to play it as soon as it comes out, ya eager fan you.

[PS: I'm sorry Infinite Rainbow is no more, but you'll want to get over it, it wasn't even your project. And I hold on to former statements made about you and opinions of you. Persistent guy you are, though. But that aside, calm down or bug off. You're harshin' the vibes, man lol.]

Anyway, as I was PLANNING on commenting, before our surprise guest arrived, since I've never voted before, I'mma vote for a pure Dark type or pure Steel type, if there are any.
__________________
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #2257    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Jayje's Avatar
Jayje
The First Maker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mountville, PA
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
i vote for bug type personally. btw get work so far and i'm interested in how your new idea is work out.
__________________

Pokemon Emerald TEAM CHALLENGE!!
  #2258    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
GFA's Avatar
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oberlin College
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I like all the badges but the Dream Badge. It seems kind of obvious, GF is more ... creative?
__________________
  #2259    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8876 View Post
wow you would think by now you would have a demo out; youve been working on this forever!!!! let us play the dam thing...the pics and stuff are all pretty but we want to play it not keep getting little damn updates.!!! GET ON THE BALL!

Screw Brokenxnote, I'm replying.First of all Johnnyb, I THOUGHT YOU FREAKING HATED MALACHITE! So now you want to play a demo, after you completely ripped the game. If you have ever been part of a game, a lot of work goes into them. OI wants to make the demo perfect so he can have accomplished something, unlike people like you. GOOD DAY.
__________________
pocket monster trainer
  #2260    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
Screw Brokenxnote, I'm replying.First of all Johnnyb, I THOUGHT YOU FREAKING HATED MALACHITE! So now you want to play a demo, after you completely ripped the game. If you have ever been part of a game, a lot of work goes into them. OI wants to make the demo perfect so he can have accomplished something, unlike people like you. GOOD DAY.
Dude, ya said the same thing as me. Saying "Screw brokenxnote," does not work after saying the same thing as me. Another reason I said don't reply, because if everyone does that, there'll be an entire page of posts saying the same thing and we'll be off topic again.That's why I said "I'll cover it," because I'm pretty sure I said everything that could be said to him, judging by what's been said before and what he said in his post, and I replied to it like any other post. ANOTHER reason is that some people WON'T reply to it like any other post and it'll cause drama again, leading to problems. Shoulda read what I typed before typing your comment saying "Screw brokenxnote," cuz it's the same thing lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
I like all the badges but the Dream Badge. It seems kind of obvious, GF is more ... creative?
GF? What's GF? And there's not many more directions to go with the Dream Badge unless you have your own idea of what to do with it.
__________________
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #2261    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
PokemonOI's Avatar
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: INSULA
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki View Post
Ahh,Touche xD

Now,I won't ask for the 8th Badge because I want it to come as a surprise.I can't have all teh spoilers out now can I? : P

But I would like to see the Cast of GYm Leaders for Each badge.That would satisfy me enough. : O
They arent ready to be shown yet. In due time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
I like all the badges but the Dream Badge. It seems kind of obvious, GF is more ... creative?
We're keeping the badge as it it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
Screw Brokenxnote, I'm replying.First of all Johnnyb, I THOUGHT YOU FREAKING HATED MALACHITE! So now you want to play a demo, after you completely ripped the game. If you have ever been part of a game, a lot of work goes into them. OI wants to make the demo perfect so he can have accomplished something, unlike people like you. GOOD DAY.
Stop it....


Alright You voted BUG so here you go!

LAMPANT:
The BUG/ELECTRIC Type Pokemon!
The evolved form of Bubloog this Pokemon is basically a stronger version of it.
Nothing too special about it at all. Hey you can use flash. Thats about it.
Its a bug for gods sake not much to say about it. You'll see them in almost every
bugcatcher team though lol


AY! VOTE FOR TOMORROW'S TYPE!

I leave you with a new trainer sprite!
The First mate of team mare's Pirater crew!
Elizabeth!

Dangerous she is! But she wont be having any Boomba, those are for grunts.
She'll have a much more experienced Team of Pokemon.
__________________
  #2262    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post


Alright You voted BUG so here you go!

LAMPANT:
The BUG/ELECTRIC Type Pokemon!
The evolved form of Bubloog this Pokemon is basically a stronger version of it.
Nothing too special about it at all. Hey you can use flash. Thats about it.
Its a bug for gods sake not much to say about it. You'll see them in almost every
bugcatcher team though lol


AY! VOTE FOR TOMORROW'S TYPE!
I think I'd actually get this one on my team. Might be the only bug I'd ever get besides Scyther [or Beedril, who can learn some good TM's late in the game] lmao.
__________________
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #2263    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Bug/electric is a nice combo but I think I'll pass on that one, also is Elizabeth wearing glasses?
__________________
pocket monster trainer
  #2264    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Take your time guys.. its looking really good! congrats on the great work.. hopefully this game will be finished soon!
  #2265    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
NovaStar's Avatar
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anywhere but there
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Take your time guys.. its looking really good! congrats on the great work.. hopefully this game will be finished soon!
Thanks very much, were putting a lot of work into this so that we can have a demo that isn't rushed or dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
Bug/electric is a nice combo but I think I'll pass on that one, also is Elizabeth wearing glasses?
Indeed she is wearing glasses, and don't worry if she's faced the wrong way, I fixed it, so when you're battling her she won't be looking in the opposite direction.

OI has been busy with work lately so don't antagonize him for not. Aside from that I have finished yet another gym leader sprite so watch out for that in a future update.
__________________
  #2266    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I just watched a few more videos and they looked great.. Nice job shows how much talent you guys have , would be a dream if i could create anything like that ahaha
  #2267    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:07 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
Thanks very much, were putting a lot of work into this so that we can have a demo that isn't rushed or dull.


Indeed she is wearing glasses, and don't worry if she's faced the wrong way, I fixed it, so when you're battling her she won't be looking in the opposite direction.

OI has been busy with work lately so don't antagonize him for not. Aside from that I have finished yet another gym leader sprite so watch out for that in a future update.
I'm not going to start a fight or anything, but WHEN did I antagonize him for not putting in work? I think you might be thinking of Johnny, please don't confuse me with him.
__________________
pocket monster trainer
  #2268    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
NovaStar's Avatar
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anywhere but there
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
I'm not going to start a fight or anything, but WHEN did I antagonize him for not putting in work? I think you might be thinking of Johnny, please don't confuse me with him.

It wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it came off that way. Anyways, just ignore Johnny, we don't want a flame war.

Lets just get everything on track now, I'll say an ice type because their my favorite. (Just because I'm part of the team doesn't mean that I can't join in)
__________________
  #2269    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Pecilia's Avatar
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eye Oh Wah
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Ice sounds like a good idea.

is the bug/electric suppose to be a firefly ant creature thingy.
__________________

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
  #2270    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: U.s.a.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Johnny,Stop being such a let down and just say you like his stuff.I mean,He has a right NOT to show us what he's doing,and its a PRIVILEGE to release a DEMO at all.The only thing he has a right to do, which is only NECESSARY to keep the thread open,is to post pictures of updates.Now If he released a demo now of what he had, and you didnt like it,then what?You'd bash him about how he took up all this time and didn't come up with anything.But In reality, he is trying his DAMNEST not to have you say that about him because It bashes, not only his ideas as a game designer, but his heart as a human to see that he couldn't make other people smile about his game.This is why he hasnt released it.The Same with IR.

He felt that IR was okay, but then realized that he could do better, so Malachite came out.And whose to say he didnt add IR's Aspects into Malachite?So You need to just CHill the <censored> Down and just vote every time like we do and one day ,when he feels like the time is right to stop teasing us,he'll release a Demo.You see no one else complaining but yourself,and its only Showing how much of an Impatient ass you are.

Now I vote Ice, simply because I havent seen it in a while.
__________________
Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx

Last edited by Guy; August 24th, 2010 at 05:55 AM.
  #2271    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
ProdigyX's Avatar
ProdigyX
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
The world doesn't revolve around you. At least appreciate what these guys are doing. It takes a lot of skill and work to create this game.. and just because you want a darn demo doesn't mean they have to focus on a demo just for you when they should be focusing and creating the game.. Just wait till they are ready mate. Now stop spamming for a demo.. no more flaming

BTW good luck on the ice type fakemon!
  #2272    
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:08 AM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
okay to get off the topic off Johnny Mctroll, I just have one thing to say to the voters. WHEN SOMEONE VOTES FOR A TYPE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING. I know its partially to avoid confusion, but you don't have to vote for an ice type because the person above did, stand up for yourself.

I PROUDLY PICK STEEL TYPE ALTHOUGH IT WON'T WIN.
__________________
pocket monster trainer
  #2273    
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Starrmyt's Avatar
Starrmyt
Kittorch
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 20
Nature: Hasty
I vote for steel type because the person before me did :D
__________________

founder of

  #2274    
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Pecilia's Avatar
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eye Oh Wah
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
I vote from cause they'll all be revealed at some point, besides i haven't really much of an ice type other than cweam.

about the demo fight:
1. quit acting like children settle this through e-mail or something NOT in this thread. Complaining won't make a demo come any faster.

2. demos shouldn't perfect perfect it's a good way to find bugs and glitches and patch them up when the real game like in FFxiv [final fantasy 14] beta used to find and patch bugs, i believe playing a demo/beta is a privelage not a right.

now then let's put this demo crap behind and act mature, anyone who wants to stay on that topic make a site about.
__________________

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|

Last edited by Pecilia; August 24th, 2010 at 05:05 AM.
  #2275    
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:49 AM
maditalian
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender:
Sorry this may be a little late to the discussion. I think the idea of a short pre-region is great, but not if the player loses Pokemon upon transition. That being said, you could take the Pokemon away but give them back after the third gym in the second region (random NPC: "Oh! I found these washed up on the beach and put them in your PC!" or something to that effect). This could also allow for the player to choose another starter (or else how will you catch 'em all in one game?).
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.