• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

How do you organize your pokemon boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
So,As the title ask "How do you organize your pokemon boxes?"

No matter what version game it is.

Do you organize them by name,number,type or your very own way?

My self in the Gen 3 i organized them by types one box would be one type,and then if there were 2 typed pokemon i deside which one i thought it fits under.

But when Gen 4 came and wifi i started to think would one box be enought just for one type and with only 18 boxes i didn't want to take the chance so since then i just put them in the box as i collect them,Only box 18 is different because that is were i keep my pokemon i use.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I used to do it by type, but that took too long, and I would run out of boxes, as gen III didn't provide me with enough. On my storage Diamond, I have them sorted by region. Platinum has fodder Pokemon (Starly, Bidoof) to trade off when I have to breed for different Pokemon for a challenge or something. There's also a box for my competitive Pokemon, a box for legendaries, a box for Pokemon that I just happen to have there, a box for Eggs, and a box for Eevee(lutions). My Emerald is really unorganized. 5 boxes are full of old Pokemon from when I used to use Sapphire for storage and when I swapped my storage to me extra Emerald, I didn't bother trying to sort them.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I never actually organized them in any of the games, so my boxes were always very sloppy but I would never catch many pokémon so I wouldn't have much trouble finding any of them. I only caught and trained pokémon that I liked so I had about three boxes full usually. If I ever do start catching a lot I might try organizing by type or level.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I didn't start organizing until Pearl, and how I did it there was in order of the National Pokedex. Started off with Venusaur (the only member of the Bulbasaur family I have) and went down the line. Since I was raising them in order of the Pokedex, it made things easy for me to see which evolution lines I still needed to complete.

Spares and duplicates are tossed into my later boxes. Unowns have their own box, where they're set in alphabetical order.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
Years
Mostly by elemental type, though I have separate boxes for Unowns, legendaries, egg/baby/in-training pokemon and my team. I also usually throw my HM slaves in my team box.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
I started off all neat and tidy with my boxes.... but now I have Lvl. 100s mixed with Lvl. 2 Pidgeys.

The only remaining 'tidy' boxes are my breeding ones, when I put the 'mother' at the front with its babies. Though one box is now full of Elekids due to trying to get a certain type.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
Years
I never really give much thought to organizing them, to be honest. :D
Although, when I do take the time, I arrange them according to their usefulness (meaning, the probability that they could be a backup Pokemon for my current team).

Ghrimm

Advanced Trainer
Years
I didn't start organizing until Pearl, and how I did it there was in order of the National Pokedex. Started off with Venusaur (the only member of the Bulbasaur family I have) and went down the line. Since I was raising them in order of the Pokedex, it made things easy for me to see which evolution lines I still needed to complete.

Spares and duplicates are tossed into my later boxes. Unowns have their own box, where they're set in alphabetical order.

Astinus pretty much summed it up for me.
By Nat. Dex., with a speical box for special Pokes(:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years

Well, I used to organize them by type, but recently, I actually haven't been catching pokemon other than my main team, meaning that I currently only use one box and it's only half. (In my Platinum, I also organize my Unknown in their own box, alphabetically.) For you're situation I would, I don't know, organize them by egg group? I haven't tried it but I could imagine it could work...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I have my own system which may not seem like an organized system to anybody :P

Anyway, I have a box that contains both my play-through team and my "competitive" team. Then I have a breeding box which contains specific-natured Dittos as well as a Flame Body Magmar. Another box contains Pokemon that I've gotten from others that I want to keep. Another box contains Pokemon that were breeding rejects (crap natures/IV's, etc.) that I keep on hand as trading fodder.

Everything else... I just stick in random boxes. Those are truly disorganized.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
In my young newbie days of R/B/Y and G/S/C, I really wasn't bothered about the order. Then in R/S/E and FR/LG, I did them all by type, but clearly doing it this way fails due to the limiting box sizes. Now in HG/SS, I've left it in order as I've captured them, but will probably go to ordering them via their number in the Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I have boxes like this:

To Train | EV'd | IV'd |Legends | Events | My Team | Box1 onwards.

I use the "my team" box for when I deposit a member and retrieve an HM slave. And Box1 onwards are just pokemon I capture.

I know have them all set in National Pokedex order, with a box labelled "extras" for multiples.

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
I organize them by Favorites and Legendaries.
And there are is a special box for Eggs.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't order them, they just fill up from 1 to whatever.
Pokemon I frequently use get put in the last box, again however with no order.
Unown and eggs get the next two boxes down from the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back