Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Pichuichu's Avatar
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Isshu-Huin City
Gender: Male
Actually i went over a jpg screenshot ad made the backsprite. concept yes he is on the team countryemo dunno whe i put that there. and carmaniac is still on the team he's just taking the rest of the summer off so he can work on Hat of sun and i nver said i made the tile set neo-sprite man compiled it.
Quote:
Pichuichu: im using Neo-spritemans HGSS tilesets.
wow that is a breath ful.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.



My Da Account ->here<-
  #127    
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
tnguye3's Avatar
tnguye3
Very, very, very lazy spriter.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my dreams
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Okey dokey, here're the fire bunnies you asked for:


Currently called Firabbit - AceDragon is a good namer, he'll prolly come up with a better name, I'm counting on ya Ace! xD
EDIT: Okay, the official name now is: Harepyro


Currently called Rabbiflare - You can keep it or change it, but it sounds veeery similar to another bunny (ice bunny) fakemon I made called Rabbifrost...hope ya don't mind, and if you do - change the name.
EDIT: Official name for this guy: Rabblaze

EDIT: Thank you Ace for the awesome names! xD
Wasn't sure if the sprites were supposed to be 64x64 or 80x80 but I did them in 80x80 format since Ace's first sprite was in 80x80 format, so yah!

Hope they're okay.

Last edited by tnguye3; August 22nd, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
  #128    
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Pichuichu's Avatar
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Isshu-Huin City
Gender: Male
Awesome dude that is very nice.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.



My Da Account ->here<-
  #129    
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:14 AM
tomatoman's Avatar
tomatoman
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NY,NY
Gender: Male
theyre amazing, youre pretty good
Working on Elemon Dusk! Just working on maps and events on RMXP. Demo will be out soon!
http://www.elemonazure.webs.com

  #130    
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
wow I didn't know you could sprite that well (well I knew you could draw..but)
Were those done in Paint.net?
pocket monster trainer
  #131    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
tnguye3's Avatar
tnguye3
Very, very, very lazy spriter.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my dreams
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
wow I didn't know you could sprite that well (well I knew you could draw..but)
Were those done in Paint.net?
Haha, cause I was never able to sprite well when I worked in Pokemon Opal (Still working, just not seeing any progress there so I'm kinda demotivated). xD
Anyway, yeah - they were done in Paint.NET

Anyway, here're the Grass birds ya asked for (@ Pichuichu):


Parrileaf...Ace - help me out here! xD


Parrcopter...?
I really, really need help with the naming. xD
Haha, don't even know why it's called Parrcopter...Helicopter? xD

Anyway - hope ya like em - cause Parrcopter took me like 1 hour 30 mins.
  #132    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=46859

This looks overly shaded to me :X
Seriously it looks like a painting O_O
Not that it's bad, but I don't know if it will match quite as well, guess I'll have to see a screen of it.
  #133    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Pichuichu's Avatar
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Isshu-Huin City
Gender: Male
Nice those came out well Yay there flying tree's!

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.



My Da Account ->here<-
  #134    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
pichuichu, sometimes you make absolutely no sense at all XD :p
pocket monster trainer
  #135    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Karel_Kazuki's Avatar
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: U.s.a.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
tnguy,Your Sprites are unbelievably awesome and vibrant.
If Your sprites take so long as you say they do,why not release a Dex of Pokemon for use by the community?Im sure that people would enjoy that.
Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
  #136    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki View Post
tnguy,Your Sprites are unbelievably awesome and vibrant.
If Your sprites take so long as you say they do,why not release a Dex of Pokemon for use by the community?Im sure that people would enjoy that.
Because he isn't a fool, he would never see credit for that work, and the community would not notice him, that's the reason why no one does that.
  #137    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
KingCharizard's Avatar
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Because he isn't a fool, he would never see credit for that work, and the community would not notice him, that's the reason why no one does that.
I'd have to agree, also his dex would be in every new fan game being created and would get old really fast...
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
  #138    
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post

Because he isn't a fool, he would never see credit for that work, and the community would not notice him, that's the reason why no one does that.
That...truly would be quite a terrible idea.

I think the only person who's EVER put Fakemon out for public use was Cascadegonpory, and they were ones he had no use for at all anymore anyway, and he STILL wanted credit. If tnguye put his up for public use HERE...have you SEEN what an unnerving chunk of our newly joined members sound like, or how they think? You know, those ones that never bothered to read the rules...or think logically. Poor tnguye would get absolutely no credit, and that's if he were lucky enough to not have someone TAKE credit...

He'd be better off making his own game or just being an official member of a design team and only releasing his Fakemon for use by teams that he's officially a member of. He's quite an up and coming talent in Fakemon and spriting, so it'd be pretty damn sad to see him release public fakes this early, having all kinds of work floating around being uploaded by other random people to God-knows where, and being used by God-knows-who.

Public Fakemon = no. Being a Fakemon artist myself, I can say I would never EVER do that, just because people rarely think about the artist actually wanting credit for something they put their hard work into.

EDIT: Oh crap, I off topic ranted...

ON TOPIC, I just re-read the storyline, and I know it says the story is only 30% done, but does your "best friend" actually have a REASON for telling your parents? I mean, considering the situation, it seems like a pretty...non-friendly thing to do, unless you meant to say your parents MAKE him tell them where you've gone. But from the way it's written, it sounds like the guy just runs back to town like "HEY, GUESS WHAT ______ DID! TEEHEE." lol. I hope he has a bit of a better reason than that lol.
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #139    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
That...truly would be quite a terrible idea.

I think the only person who's EVER put Fakemon out for public use was Cascadegonpory, and they were ones he had no use for at all anymore anyway, and he STILL wanted credit. If tnguye put his up for public use HERE...have you SEEN what an unnerving chunk of our newly joined members sound like, or how they think? You know, those ones that never bothered to read the rules...or think logically. Poor tnguye would get absolutely no credit, and that's if he were lucky enough to not have someone TAKE credit...

He'd be better off making his own game or just being an official member of a design team and only releasing his Fakemon for use by teams that he's officially a member of. He's quite an up and coming talent in Fakemon and spriting, so it'd be pretty damn sad to see him release public fakes this early, having all kinds of work floating around being uploaded by other random people to God-knows where, and being used by God-knows-who.

Public Fakemon = no. Being a Fakemon artist myself, I can say I would never EVER do that, just because people rarely think about the artist actually wanting credit for something they put their hard work into.

EDIT: Oh crap, I off topic ranted...

ON TOPIC, I just re-read the storyline, and I know it says the story is only 30% done, but does your "best friend" actually have a REASON for telling your parents? I mean, considering the situation, it seems like a pretty...non-friendly thing to do, unless you meant to say your parents MAKE him tell them where you've gone. But from the way it's written, it sounds like the guy just runs back to town like "HEY, GUESS WHAT ______ DID! TEEHEE." lol. I hope he has a bit of a better reason than that lol.
Your best friend is one of those friends who looks out for you and cares for your safety, they're not a little snitching toddler lol. They tell your parents, since your parents can alert the ranger base and you can get found sooner. Your friend actually becomes your rival throughout the story. Although your Rival is a ranger, they have strong Pokemon, but no intentions of battling other than to get you to return home once they defeat you and you realize your mistake. Also Tnguye3 is part of the ND team and his fakemon/ the fakemon concepts he improves are not for public use (unless he wants them to be). Also I believe CascadeGonpory got pretty pissed.
CascadeGonpory's rant about fakemon askers, and thieves: http://cascadegonpory.deviantart.com/journal/27108307/
pocket monster trainer
  #140    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
Your best friend is one of those friends who looks out for you and cares for your safety, they're not a little snitching toddler lol. They tell your parents, since your parents can alert the ranger base and you can get found sooner. Your friend actually becomes your rival throughout the story. Although your Rival is a ranger, they have strong Pokemon, but no intentions of battling other than to get you to return home once they defeat you and you realize your mistake. Also Tnguye3 is part of the ND team and his fakemon/ the fakemon concepts he improves are not for public use (unless he wants them to be). Also I believe CascadeGonpory got pretty pissed.
CascadeGonpory's rant about fakemon askers, and thieves: http://cascadegonpory.deviantart.com/journal/27108307/
Oh ok. It just seems kind of odd that he lets you go, then goes and tells on you. Plus, in this game, you seem to be the appropriate age to go out and be a trainer? So how is this a dangerous mistake? Returning you home would basically crush your dreams so...lol. Just seems like some parts of the plot may need to be clarified so the rival doesn't seem like a jerk lol.

And yes, that's exactly what I meant. Even after he put stuff out for the public, people still kept taking things that WEREN'T for public use, which pissed him off. But it'd piss off ANY artist to have that happen. That's why I think he may have been the only Fakemon artist to ever release a public set, unless it was a character adoption sort of thing, which only go to one person lol.
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #141    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
tnguye3's Avatar
tnguye3
Very, very, very lazy spriter.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my dreams
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I just looked at Cascadegonpory's art, and it's really good. :O
This is off topic, but does anyone know the name of the technique he uses to color his fakemon - I'd like to find some Tuts and learn. xD

Anyways - I find it sad that people would just take art even when it states "don't use em".
I'd rather have my biscuits kicked by three whatya-call-em rather than have my life stolen.
  #142    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
brokenxnote's Avatar
brokenxnote
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnguye3 View Post
I just looked at Cascadegonpory's art, and it's really good. :O
This is off topic, but does anyone know the name of the technique he uses to color his fakemon - I'd like to find some Tuts and learn. xD

Anyways - I find it sad that people would just take art even when it states "don't use em".
I'd rather have my biscuits kicked by three whatya-call-em rather than have my life stolen.
It's just called Sugi style, named after Ken Sugimori, and I'll assume you know who he is haha. It's not extremely hard to learn, but you might have to upgrade from Paint.net to get it. I'm not sure though, because I haven't used Paint.net. But here's a tut for Sugi-style: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...orial#/d1imuvq

You already draw pretty well in the Pokemon style, so it should be no problem for you to get Sugi down. And after you learn the basics of it, you can put your own touch to it, like I do: http://optimisticxpessimist.devianta...2F4465615&qo=1 or http://optimisticxpessimist.devianta...2F4465615&qo=7

The appropriate line size is actually 1pt. It took me a while to figure out [You can see only Snyper has 1pt lines, cuz he's my newest one I've colored haha.
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
  #143    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
To add on to what Brokenxnote said, you would probably need Photoshop for sugi, although Nyu/Kitsukitty does sugi quite well in the GIMP, you can get a free 30 download of PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS, which Hallm3, the maker of the tutorial that Brokenxnote posted and I use (although he's good I'm not XD).
pocket monster trainer
  #144    
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Pichuichu's Avatar
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Isshu-Huin City
Gender: Male
Back to the riv part I'm adding that there is a reason why he might tell your pare ts cause you previously did somthing that made them not want you to leave.
And yep that would surely suck if my work was stolen.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.



My Da Account ->here<-
  #145    
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Llennoccm8's Avatar
Llennoccm8
The Sprietenator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In the Isshu Region
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle




I need a sprite
I can make pokemon sprites.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/322...daichineko.png
PM me if your intrested.
Come to PokeChime!

Buy Pokemon White (Nintendo DS™) at Play-Asia.com>

Buy Pokemon Black (Nintendo DS™) at Play-Asia.com>
  #146    
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
This isn't a sprite request forum.
  #147    
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:53 PM
ConCept
Foreigner Productions
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
This isn't a sprite request forum.
I'll have to agree with this. This is no sprite request thread, but a game project thread. Wanna request a sprite? Leave me a PM and I'll add it to my queue, or PM any of the other spriters to help ya.
  #148    
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Pichuichu's Avatar
Pichuichu
Creator Of (Insert Here)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Isshu-Huin City
Gender: Male
Yes I agree but it's for the game. Right? But vm him next time.

Credit: Invasion For Sig And Avatar.



My Da Account ->here<-
  #149    
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM
AceDragonite's Avatar
AceDragonite
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
@llennoccm8 Tnguye3 isn't active right now so I suggest you contact Concept, although he is busy as well I think...
pocket monster trainer
  #150    
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Wait pichuiuichu is he working on this game?

I don't think he intends the art for this game if he isn't.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:08 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.