The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted July 2nd, 2010 (09:59 PM).
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
This is good! I just play it! Nice scripts... :D
Old Posted July 8th, 2010 (02:17 AM).
MrTheWilliam
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
no one guessed the change... I will take a swing at it. You changed the font its darker (shadowed?) in the latter ones compared with the first. really looking forward to this being finished.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I hope you had fun
Old Posted July 8th, 2010 (03:45 PM).
gamefreak6597
Beginning Trainer

intresting hack! looks great. keep going
Old Posted July 12th, 2010 (03:57 PM). Edited July 12th, 2010 by Tomackze.
Tomackze
Drowzee

I F*ing love Mikachu. It looks so cool! So excited and hope this gets finished. I want to ask how far does beta 2.16 go though. Thanks

Oh yeah... and your website looks awesome BTW!

Also when you update the betas, are you going to change the beginning? I like to continue from a save but if it isn't a smart idea, then I won't go crazy training and instead will just test my pokemon. Oh and does Mikachu evolve?

Edited: Few things I've noticed while playing

1. I love Mikachu even more, love the attacks that it holds. Great job giving it Thundershock, Confusion, and Transform... Nice touch.

2. One thing I think would be awesome is if you put the levels and move list on your website. That way we know what moves it can learn and at what level it learns them. So far all I know is that it learns Teleport and Disable at level 10.

3. I wanted to ask how far this game goes? And the thing with the save would be interesting too...
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (07:22 AM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well, I've decided that the mailbags were a bad idea. They came in a LONG time after any post (usually) and so nobody ever bothered to chack back. Plus, they were lengthy and far-in-between, so...
All other updates and responses will just be one screenshot, one reply, ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Hmm... the updates and the scripts are great, but
you should remove the hat for the Hero.
It will be better, because it'll be turned into a new OW then.
If I had an OW spriter, then could do that, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
I like the new tiles that you've chosen and I look forward to playing the new beta, because the old one was satisfying.
Thanks. My MSN has been spazzing out recently, so I can't see who chose the tiles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.euge View Post
Yes the old beta made me want to do a video playthrough but I was dissapointed when it ended so fast. So can we download the new beta already or do we still have to wait?
You'll have to wait a while longer, but hopefully not that much.
I just need to get to the length of B2 (city-wise, not storywise [the story will have a lot more content]) and then the B2 Redux will be released!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
This is good! I just play it! Nice scripts... :D
Okay, pretty generic, but thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTheWilliam View Post
no one guessed the change... I will take a swing at it. You changed the font its darker (shadowed?) in the latter ones compared with the first. really looking forward to this being finished.
Yeah, you're the only one who bothered. And yes, the font is darker, but it also has the right widths when compared to D/P/P/HG/SS. Before, it was determined with something else, but now I actually looked at the widths on my Diamond game.
The shadowing also helps, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak6597 View Post
intresting hack! looks great. keep going
Again, generic, but I still like it when people post at all, so thanks! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
I F*ing love Mikachu. It looks so cool! So excited and hope this gets finished. I want to ask how far does beta 2.16 go though. Thanks

Oh yeah... and your website looks awesome BTW!

Also when you update the betas, are you going to change the beginning? I like to continue from a save but if it isn't a smart idea, then I won't go crazy training and instead will just test my pokemon. Oh and does Mikachu evolve?

Edited: Few things I've noticed while playing

1. I love Mikachu even more, love the attacks that it holds. Great job giving it Thundershock, Confusion, and Transform... Nice touch.

2. One thing I think would be awesome is if you put the levels and move list on your website. That way we know what moves it can learn and at what level it learns them. So far all I know is that it learns Teleport and Disable at level 10.

3. I wanted to ask how far this game goes? And the thing with the save would be interesting too...
Didn't you see the previous 3 updates? I started over from scratch on a new FR base, so NOTHING will be compatible, not your save, not most of your Pokémon, not even Mikachu.

If you trade over Mikachu from B2 to B3, it'll turn into Mewtwo (because Mikachu's slot in B2 was Mewtwo's) and, gladly, in B3 I managed to get Mikachu into one of the empty 25 slots. :D

Mikachu does not evolve, because evolutions and breeding and stuff like that is just too hard to handle. Besides, in B3, Mikachu is a genetic splice, so it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve. (Except, maybe, just maybe, for an event. Who knows?)

Thanks! It took me a while to come up with a good balance between Psychic moves and Electric.

Like I said on the home page, most of the things in my website are not finished yet, including the mostly-finished Mikachu page.

The game goes up to the (unfinished) Klindor City, aka the 4th city you go to.

To everyone, sorry I was doing the mailbags, I'll reply to each post now (if they actually have some content and are not generic) by themselves. :D

And guess what? I got that new computer!
Runs fast, plays fast, and doesn't crash every hour or so!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Also, on a side note, B3 has been put on pause for a while - at least until I get B1 of another hack out. Sorry.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (09:39 AM).
Tomackze
Drowzee

I guess I will just have to wait for this. And that is disappointing that the saves won't work for the new ones. That would have been awesome to continue, but it's okay...
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (10:09 AM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
I guess I will just have to wait for this. And that is disappointing that the saves won't work for the new ones. That would have been awesome to continue, but it's okay...
I'm sorry about that, but did you know that there's still old map data and other data from way back when it was called SuperBlah (a hack started when I was 10 years old, hence the name) and from when Lake zigger was called Cave Town. XD

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (11:11 AM).
Capture13
Beginning Trainer

a pokemon like mikachu could evolve. did you see the movie splice? weird movie, but the "thing" evolves over time.

also, the low base stats of mikachu kinda make me want to get rid of it as soon as i find a decent replacement. same thing as pikachu in yellow.
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (01:01 PM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capture13 View Post
a pokemon like mikachu could evolve. did you see the movie splice? weird movie, but the "thing" evolves over time.

also, the low base stats of mikachu kinda make me want to get rid of it as soon as i find a decent replacement. same thing as pikachu in yellow.
I saw a poster for it at the move theater I went to. It's rated R, right? I wouldn't have been able to go even if I was interested in rated-R horror movies.[/offtopic]
And Mikachu's evolving would bring about a few conflicts that I would rather avoid... unless its evolution was specifically designed for one event, and one event only.

Low base stats? They're actually a little HIGHER than your average starter (AKA Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and all of their equivalents).

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted July 13th, 2010 (04:47 PM).
MrTheWilliam
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Yeah, you're the only one who bothered. And yes, the font is darker, but it also has the right widths when compared to D/P/P/HG/SS. Before, it was determined with something else, but now I actually looked at the widths on my Diamond game.
The shadowing also helps, right?
Personally I don't like the shadowing, it makes it harder to read. but thats just me. The shadow makes it contrast less so I have to think harder to read it. And I don't like thinking. It may just be like that on the uploaded images due to some quality loss though, so I will wait till an official release before coming to a conclusion on your font.

Its looking great BTW. Huge fan.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I hope you had fun
Old Posted July 21st, 2010 (02:19 AM).
G Deoxys
Beginner Rom Hacker

Nature: Timid
AMAZING GAME!!!!! keep going
Old Posted July 21st, 2010 (06:31 AM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTheWilliam View Post
Personally I don't like the shadowing, it makes it harder to read. but thats just me. The shadow makes it contrast less so I have to think harder to read it. And I don't like thinking. It may just be like that on the uploaded images due to some quality loss though, so I will wait till an official release before coming to a conclusion on your font.

Its looking great BTW. Huge fan.
The shadow is done so it resembles D/P/Pt/HG/SS more and, well, I personally think it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Deoxys View Post
AMAZING GAME!!!!! keep going
Pretty generic, but OK, thanks.

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted August 5th, 2010 (05:25 AM).
pikachux2
Never Evolve

in the begginig when prof.oak asks if youre a boy or a girl i pick boy and the sprite is a square with the heros pallette colors and when i walk downstairs to get out of my house the house movement permissions are messed up so i cant get out....
Old Posted August 5th, 2010 (05:29 AM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachux2 View Post
in the begginig when prof.oak asks if youre a boy or a girl i pick boy and the sprite is a square with the heros pallette colors and when i walk downstairs to get out of my house the house movement permissions are messed up so i cant get out....
You must have either patched it wrong or patched it to the wrong game. Patch the IPS file using Lips to a US FireRed V1.0 ROM.

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted August 5th, 2010 (08:25 AM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Quote:
Updates - 4/21/2010

The revamp of the areas found in B2 are around 50% done, with Vantrek City being about 98% done! Sorry it's not closer than that, but numerous glitches with my computer (this post has had to have been restarted about, maybe, 10 times) have stopped me from working much. Now, though, I'm getting a new computer!!!!
Awesome, right?

By the way, B3 Alpha (Preview) is ready to be beta-tested! Testers, please PM me your email address (and some proof that you work for my team, be it in link form or referencing back to an old VM or PM, but no copy/paste of conversations) for me to give you a link to the ~48% done B3 Alpha (AKA B2 Redux)!

How about I not keep you away from the screenshots any longer, and just show them to you now? Would you like that?

Tell me a change that I made throughout the course of taking this set of screenshots and you win a... cookie.
Anyways, tell me your opinions on the new updates!
These updates are great! And I really enjoyed beta testing the game. Can't wait for the full release.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old Posted August 6th, 2010 (08:49 PM).
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
It's been a while diegoisawesome, and I'm getting a feeling that
the next Update is coming.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work on this one and all I can say is
Good Luck and keep up the good work! I'll be supporting this hack! :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted August 7th, 2010 (10:29 AM).
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
These updates are great! And I really enjoyed beta testing the game. Can't wait for the full release.
Thanks! Sadly, the full release won't come out for a while (due to Shining Opal's being on pause), but as soon as I finish the project I'm working on, Shining Opal will once again be worked on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
It's been a while diegoisawesome, and I'm getting a feeling that
the next Update is coming.

Anyways, you've put a lot of work on this one and all I can say is
Good Luck and keep up the good work! I'll be supporting this hack! :D
Hmm.. It appears that your feeling is wrong. :\ As I said above, Shining Opal is on pause for a while, and isn't being worked on for now.

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted August 8th, 2010 (02:32 AM).
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Quote:
Hmm.. It appears that your feeling is wrong. :\ As I said above, Shining Opal is on pause for a while, and isn't being worked on for now.
It's sad to see that the progress has been paused.

Anyways, I hope that you'll have new ideas for this Hack!

Good luck on the project your working on.

I hope you'll resume work soon on Shining Opal Mr. diegoisawesome! :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted August 10th, 2010 (09:12 AM).
pikachux2
Never Evolve

ooo yes i did patch wrong i patched over another hack... it is very good but the name Mikachu??? maybe you should think of changing the name
Old Posted August 10th, 2010 (09:17 AM). Edited August 10th, 2010 by diegoisawesome.
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
It's sad to see that the progress has been paused.

Anyways, I hope that you'll have new ideas for this Hack!

Good luck on the project your working on.

I hope you'll resume work soon on Shining Opal Mr. diegoisawesome! :D
Work on Shining Opal is expected (not definitely) to start on or near the beginning of school (probably later) which is close to the end of August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachux2 View Post
ooo yes i did patch wrong i patched over another hack... it is very good but the name Mikachu??? maybe you should think of changing the name
No wonder!
And I did think of some other names before, but Mewkachu and Pikamew are both taken by another game.

My other resources:
My Website
Old Posted August 10th, 2010 (06:42 PM).
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Three cheers for generic splice names! xD
This looks like an awesome game. While I, too, disagree with the name 'Mikachu', I can't think of anything better, either. Knowing that Beta 3 won't play from the same file as Beta 2 is actually kind of a relief.... It means one less of the 15 or so hacks I have to try to finish without losing track of my progress, the story, which Pokémon are in my party in which game, etc. etc. etc. xD
By the way, if you want some help with sprites, PM me. I might be able to find some spare time (although with college being out for a few weeks, I might not have much internet access) to do new overworlds or maybe some fake Pokémon for you.
Cheers!

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old Posted August 15th, 2010 (06:04 PM).
Mcguinness3
AnimeFreak and Pokélover.

Hey, i've been testing games, reading and generally just standing by the pokecommunity sidelines for about a year now, maybe more. But heres my first post .

Loved the game, was sad when i got to the end

Only found 2 bugs.
1. Very minor, but the female assistant in the prof.'s lab is missing the "p" from the first line when she says something about the professor.
2. Not sure when this took place, but after reaching the end of the hack (City with the 3rd gym) I went back to the town with the first gym in it and the police dude was gone, he would still do the event to send me back unless you walk directly through him which then i could see the unfinished block

Good luck with you hack! Loving it so far!
Old Posted August 22nd, 2010 (11:05 PM).
Popstar Leafeon
Rose's Protegé

...So you completely changed it since the last time you gave me an update, before you started thinking I was ruinin' your life then? Plot sounds a ton different than before.

Old Posted August 23rd, 2010 (06:42 AM).
Swimmer Ryan
Training Water Types Since '99

Nature: Calm
I'm still loving the game Diego, one of my favourite hacks on here.

HACKS I SUPPORT

[/URL]

Old Posted August 24th, 2010 (03:22 PM).
S.T.E.M Shadow
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Shining Opal is a good quality game and please hurry on Crystal Dust so you can start working on it again.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links