The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which tiles should I use?
The Current Tiles 7 35.00%
The FireRed Tiles (With Edits) 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffledude View Post
For some reason it won't work on my computer. It says something about needing to know what program created it.
That's because you have to patch it. You can read more about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faline View Post
Someone once got a hack named Pokemon Palladium as well.

Though I think he didn't continue it. Still this looks promising. You should've use the original FR/LG tiles since that rombase is a little bit overused and un-original for me. :3

But still it's your descision. Hoping to see more updates. Goodluck.
I know they're not that original, but I like them much better than the normal FR/LG ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Trying this hack out right now. by the way, you've been nominated for Hack of the Month. Voted for you.

Good luck,
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Got two badges, wanting to go to Carolina, but at the entrance of the forest: "Sorry, but nobody is allowed past this point right now"

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
BluDBZCinder
Beginning Trainer

Woah! I Just Noticed This Hack And It Looks Awesome.Specially The Screens For Beta 2.I Just Wanted To Ask If You Are Going To Add Any Generation IV Pokemon In There? I Will Also Post Any Bugs I Find And Good Luck With The Hack.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesish View Post
Got two badges, wanting to go to Carolina, but at the entrance of the forest: "Sorry, but nobody is allowed past this point right now"
You have to go east of Chartreuse City and use Cut on the trees. If you're still confused on where to go just PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDBZCinder View Post
Woah! I Just Noticed This Hack And It Looks Awesome.Specially The Screens For Beta 2.I Just Wanted To Ask If You Are Going To Add Any Generation IV Pokemon In There? I Will Also Post Any Bugs I Find And Good Luck With The Hack.
I have no plans to use any Generation IV Pokemon at the moment, but that might change in the future.
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:56 PM
AntiRellik91
Beginning Trainer

Wow, pretty decent hack! I hope it doesn't get abandoned
Awesome name too!
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:12 AM
RedFan
Master Trainer

Nice hack love the tiles
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Hey! Fire Shock! Like I promisied, I would try out the Hack...

Well, so far, so good.
There are lots of good points, namely pros, but there are a
few cons.

Lemme list them out.

1. I apparently dislike Carolina City and Carolina Port's music.

"Why is that?", you may ask. Well, because you're a CITY,
not in a Net Center. Well, a city should HAVE city music, right?

For example: You can change the music to Cerulean City's music,
Cinnabar Island's music, (Since it's near to the sea, and apparently, Cinnabar's music gave out a "beach" theme, and which is, what I like.)
etc. Just NOT the Net Center music please. It's just... unsuitable for city music.

2. As for Carolina Port's music, same as above, should NOT have Net Center music. Again, it's near the sea, so you might as well change the music to Water Labiryth's music, (Namely "Paradise" to me.) or Cinnabar's music.

3. As for the 3rd con, which is also what I hate, is the mining game.
It's not that I hate the mining game itself, it's just that when you use a pick to hit a rock, the "rumble" is JUST. TOO. BIG.

You can at least make the "rumble" smaller. But not too small.
That won't be good, either.

Now, on to the grammar mistakes/glitches section.

Spoiler:

It should be: Josh: Congratulations!
You beat me and earned your Plove Badge! (Please be warned that the word "badge" in your Hack has to be capitalized.)

It should be: One more thing: You can only use a TM once,
so use it wisely.

It's Josh, not Greg.

I think I have reported this glitch before, but meh, I shall report
it again. When you talk to Greg in this direction, he will not face you after his phone call. Also, he walks THROUGH you right after this text.

Strange glitch, I know, but easily fixable.

This sentence should end with a question mark instead of a period, 'cause it's a question.

I missed that one... 0.o
You cannot "do" a Trainer Card, you can only create a
Trainer Card.

It should be: ...Badge, you can use Fly outside of battle.

It should be: One last thing: Remember to be careful down there.

It should be: It's one of the strongest Fire type moves
out there, so use it wisely.

It should be: Oh, that's right, you've never had a Pokemon battle before, right?

This is the end of my post. Please read it slow and steady.

From,
Timothy
Old August 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Hey! Fire Shock! Like I promisied, I would try out the Hack...
Thanks for the update on glitches and grammar errors. I would like to get this hack as perfect as can be. I took your advice on the music and I must say that it's a lot better than it was. As for the grammar errors I'm just about done fixing them. I'm also messing around with the rumble in the mining game to try to make it right. I was hoping that you could take a look over at beta two before I release it. Let me know. Thanks!
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
Thanks for the update on glitches and grammar errors. I would like to get this hack as perfect as can be. I took your advice on the music and I must say that it's a lot better than it was. As for the grammar errors I'm just about done fixing them. I'm also messing around with the rumble in the mining game to try to make it right. I was hoping that you could take a look over at beta two before I release it. Let me know. Thanks!
I really appreciate your attitude about my constructive criti.

Anyways, if you need me check up on Beta 2 for grammar errors, you are always welcome to call me up.

PS: I know a friend who is a Spriter. (By Spriter, it means that
he's an all around Spriter, meaning that he could handle all kinds of sprites.)
You are in need of OW Spriter, right?

His name is Leachim. Go search in my friends list.
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I really appreciate your attitude about my constructive criti.

Anyways, if you need me check up on Beta 2 for grammar errors, you are always welcome to call me up.

PS: I know a friend who is a Spriter. (By Spriter, it means that
he's an all around Spriter, meaning that he could handle all kinds of sprites.)
You are in need of OW Spriter, right?

His name is Leachim. Go search in my friends list.
I'm set on any kind of sprites right now. What I need is somebody to help me insert outdoor tiles. I can do indoor ones, but for some reason I can't do outdoor.

I'll be sure to let you know when beta two is ready. It should hopefully be done within the next month.
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Just a suggestion, but I think you should have some kind of rest house outside or inside of Marl Cave. It was really annoying having to go all the way back home just to heal.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
itari
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Man, that is one EPIC title screen!

SubscriptAdvanced SongType Effectiveness EditorTilemap CreatorPython IPS Patcher
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:17 PM
bduddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxygod11 View Post
Every hacked GBA rom I download, says something like Unsupported File or something. What do you do to play it? Drag which file to what thing? The emulator? Tell me what to do to play! Thanks!
Read the stickied threads in Progressing Hacks, those should help.

(Why are those threads only in PH? Shouldn't they be in this board? Most newbs will come here first...)
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
I was playing this hack because it looked neat, but for some reason there's no wild encounters. I even opened up Advance Map and saw no wild encounters for Marl Cave (first map for the game I found).
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:27 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Just a suggestion, but I think you should have some kind of rest house outside or inside of Marl Cave. It was really annoying having to go all the way back home just to heal.
I know. It's a problem I've had with that cave for a while. I just need to find a good way to get a healing spot in the middle of the cave.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. If you have anymore just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
I was playing this hack because it looked neat, but for some reason there's no wild encounters. I even opened up Advance Map and saw no wild encounters for Marl Cave (first map for the game I found).
I just tested both patches and they both work just fine. Are you sure you're patching it to a clean FireRed rom? Have you tried using both patches?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
to be honest this hack was good except for a few things the last gym is a killer which bugged me the Unofficial gym and the tiles you are using a yucky Dx well the ones in beta 1 i'll quickly check the pictures to see if i missed them ;p
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
to be honest this hack was good except for a few things the last gym is a killer which bugged me the Unofficial gym and the tiles you are using a yucky Dx well the ones in beta 1 i'll quickly check the pictures to see if i missed them ;p
Yeah, the Unofficial Gym was suppose to be really hard. That's because it wasn't gonna be in beta one, but I enabled it to give people something extra to do after they beat the beta. And if you manage to beat it in beta one you will be able to get something special in beta two.

Just to let everybody know I should have a few more sets of screen shots of beta two up in a few days or so.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

I've gotten a little farther, and I have more feedback: Don't you think you're curving the levels a bit too much? Sure it's fun to have high levels, but you're not giving enough opponents to let the player reach that high of a level range.

For instance, I've battled every trainer I could find, and I'm at the second Gym. My team is:
Lv16 Sandshrew
Lv16 Mareep
Lv18 Ivysaur

And one of the trainers in the Gym has a whopping Lv21 Ivysaur. That's borderline ridiculous, the battle ended with my Ivysaur using Struggle until it fainted from recoil damage (and his Ivysaur ended up using Struggle too).

I'm not even going to bother challenging the second leader until all of my Pokemon are at least Lv20, since if a gym Trainer reaches Lv21, I can just imagine how high you made the actual Gym Leader...

I haven't challenged David (was that his name?) yet, but Lv21 seems like an appropriate level for the Gym Leader, instead of that annoying Pokemon Breeder. Also, when all of my Pokemon were Lv8-10, one of the trainers had a Lv13 Butterfree, which was pretty much impossible to beat.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Darklink5222
Beginning Trainer

For some strange reason, I can't find any Pokemon literally none...did I get a bad FR ROM?

EDIT: Never mind I repatched it and now it works fine!

Last edited by Darklink5222; August 24th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:54 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
I've gotten a little farther, and I have more feedback: Don't you think you're curving the levels a bit too much? Sure it's fun to have high levels, but you're not giving enough opponents to let the player reach that high of a level range.

For instance, I've battled every trainer I could find, and I'm at the second Gym. My team is:
Lv16 Sandshrew
Lv16 Mareep
Lv18 Ivysaur

And one of the trainers in the Gym has a whopping Lv21 Ivysaur. That's borderline ridiculous, the battle ended with my Ivysaur using Struggle until it fainted from recoil damage (and his Ivysaur ended up using Struggle too).

I'm not even going to bother challenging the second leader until all of my Pokemon are at least Lv20, since if a gym Trainer reaches Lv21, I can just imagine how high you made the actual Gym Leader...

I haven't challenged David (was that his name?) yet, but Lv21 seems like an appropriate level for the Gym Leader, instead of that annoying Pokemon Breeder. Also, when all of my Pokemon were Lv8-10, one of the trainers had a Lv13 Butterfree, which was pretty much impossible to beat.
I noticed this myself. When I was messing around the other day I noticed the highest level on Shorea Path is 7, than the Gym in Metrous City has levels 11-15. Before I release beta two I plan on going back and replaying the whole thing a few times to make sure it's fair.

This is the feedback I like. Because I know I can always improve something. Thanks for taking the time out and letting me know.

P.S. If you want to know David's team is:

Spoiler:

Level 21 Ariados
Level 23 Scyther
Level 25 Bayleef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklink5222 View Post
For some strange reason, I can't find any Pokemon literally none...did I get a bad FR ROM?
Make sure you're using a clean FireRed ROM. If you are then trying using a different FireRed ROM. Just make sure it's English.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
Spoiler:

Level 21 Ariados
Level 23 Scyther
Level 25 Bayleef
Here's my suggestion for the Gyms:

First Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv6-9
Josh:
Lv11 Pidgey
Lv13 Noctowl

Second Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv12-15
David:
Lv17 Spinarak
Lv19 Scyther
Lv21 Bayleef

I have not yet reached the third Gym, but I'll comment when I do.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
demonslayer936
Beginning Trainer

Played the game and loved it so far. The Gym in the forest was a bit of a shocker when I first battled it. Quick question, when beta 2 comes out can we use the saves from beta 1 or will we have to start over?
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Here's my suggestion for the Gyms:

First Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv6-9
Josh:
Lv11 Pidgey
Lv13 Noctowl

Second Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv12-15
David:
Lv17 Spinarak
Lv19 Scyther
Lv21 Bayleef

I have not yet reached the third Gym, but I'll comment when I do.
That sounds good. I'll test it out. And thanks for your input so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslayer936 View Post
Played the game and loved it so far. The Gym in the forest was a bit of a shocker when I first battled it. Quick question, when beta 2 comes out can we use the saves from beta 1 or will we have to start over?
I'm glad you enjoyed it! As I said earlier the gym was just an extra to give people something to do after they beat the beta. Also, if you can manage to beat the gym in beta one you will get something special in beta two.

And yes, you can continue your beta one file on beta two.
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:01 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
was a beta supposed to come out today? i'm not sure but i think i read that somewhere.........

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:33 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase View Post
was a beta supposed to come out today? i'm not sure but i think i read that somewhere.........
Not today, but I will be posting about 12 screen shots and quite a bit of info about beta two later today. So if you're interested in beta two be sure to check back here later.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here