The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
Well don't fret guys, the gym leader sprites will be out soon.

To keep you guys entertained here's the electric gym leader (I'm not sure what OI's naming him). When I was in the process of respriting it I got on the idea of making the leader a child prodigy stricken with a huge ego and un-comparable cockiness. I think I got it down pretty well.
If the one on the left is the original, the revamp looks worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post

We're keeping the badge as it it.

Didn't say you should, just stating my opinion. Oh, and Water Type.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Nature: Lax
Well at least is not a splice. :l
What can I improve on it so everyone can be ok with it?
Fans are first so I'll listen to what you have to say.

Edit: Just wondering if this is better...

Last edited by NovaStar; August 24th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Nature: Hasty
The first one looks like mars with blonde hair. I like the second one.

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Johnny8876

i like the first one; the revamp looks like crap. anyways i vote for fire and one more thing; i agree with teh poster that said a demo shouldnt be "perfect, perfect" because we want to find bugs etc..it ruins the fun if you take our whole life time making a game and when you release a demo; we wont beable to play it cuz we will be 99 years old.
What up guys its Johnny B, JB for short if you want, well just hanging around pokecommunity, i love some of the games that people make on here, but w.e lol GL to everyones games, especially infinite rainbow :D!~~

Old August 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM
CyberSamurai
Devoted Battler

Nature: Calm
hmmm i think the original trainer sprite looks alot the bug guy for d/p's e4 but with a slight color change like a shiny version(lol). so the revamp looks better to me. anyway im gonna vote.........WATER!!!!.....cause i havent seen a water poke from here in awhile.

Challenges:
Ultiimate Monotype Poison: lg/fr-Complete!
hg/ss-Complete!
R/S/E-Awaiting Purchase

Old August 24th, 2010, 06:36 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
guys dont't say anything to Johnny anymore or he will tell on you, seriously just ignore the guy
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Johnny8876

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
guys dont't say anything to Johnny anymore or he will tell on you, seriously just ignore the guy
really? there was no need for this please just PM me your nonsense.
What up guys its Johnny B, JB for short if you want, well just hanging around pokecommunity, i love some of the games that people make on here, but w.e lol GL to everyones games, especially infinite rainbow :D!~~

Old August 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8876 View Post
really? there was no need for this please just PM me your nonsense.

this is all I have to say.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Johnny8876

acedragon your just proving my point by keep starting the fights...why do you have to put that on the thread just pm it to me...wow

so here you go!~
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-1.jpg‎  

Last edited by Johnny8876; August 24th, 2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:04 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Hahaha as if you would be bothered creating that , but what about a ghost / ice pokemon.. that would be fun creating i don't think there is one.. would be interesting
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
acedragon your just proving my point by keep starting the fights...why do you have to put that on the thread just pm it to me...wow

so here you go!~
Johnny, you're presence here is incredibly disruptive, if you aren't going to post something constructive don't post at all.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:39 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

@ GFA, its meant to look like a child.. I think it looks great, if thats what he was trying to do..
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:52 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

I vote steel and I like Davis better before the revamp.
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Johnny, you're presence here is incredibly disruptive, if you aren't going to post something constructive don't post at all.
To be perfectly honest, Johnny's first post [yesterday at 8:25 EST] was rather normal. It was AceDragonite who started the whole nonsensical posting. I wouldnt want to wrongly demonize Johnny this time for something he did a little while back on the thread.

Though I really didnt see the point of either image that was posted. Especially because AceDragonite was the one to say "Don't Say Anything" and then comes around with a giant image that was "saying something". :/

Anyway, my vote goes for fire.

founder of

Old August 25th, 2010, 05:21 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
To be perfectly honest, Johnny's first post [yesterday at 8:25 EST] was rather normal. It was AceDragonite who started the whole nonsensical posting. I wouldnt want to wrongly demonize Johnny this time for something he did a little while back on the thread.

Though I really didnt see the point of either image that was posted. Especially because AceDragonite was the one to say "Don't Say Anything" and then comes around with a giant image that was "saying something". :/

Anyway, my vote goes for fire.
I was gonna point that out too. Johnny made a normal post [although there WAS some stuff about a demo at the end, but that was only in response to someone else, to close the point off.], and Ace instigated. Now, as long as Johnny's complaining about the demo again, I'll make fun of him etc. in a heartbeat, cuz that's obnoxious. But when someone STOPS doing the thing that bothers people and tries to actually contribute positively, and then someone comes along and restarts the whole mess again, then it becomes unfair, and I'll take Johnny's side on this one. That was unnecessary, Ace.

By the way, Star, I was the one who said "don't say anything else because it'll throw the thread off topic." Ace was actually the one commenting after me saying "Screw brokenxnote, I'm gonna reply."...and I mean that's literally what was said, not a paraphrasing ;_; LOL. Although I actually did end up replying again later, but just telling Johnny to calm down and just wait patiently, to see whether a demo will come out or not...after poking a little fun at him...teehee lol.

TL;DR: Good boy Johnny :D, bad boy Ace > lmao.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Johnny8876

wow thank you for agreeing that he is the one that started it..i was fine untill he made that picture..

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
wow thank you for agreeing that he is the one that started it..i was fine untill he made that picture..
Yeah...just don't ask about the demo anymore and things should be fine and dandy, okay? ;;;

Anyway, back on topic after like a whole page of shenanigans, I'm gonna vote for a Steel type, if I didn't vote already. I'm pretty sure Steel won OI...lmao

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Seriously, thats the last time I'm dealing with that here. If it happens again. I'm leaving PC and going elsewhere....but I'll shoot you guys a download link when the full game is done.
I'm kinda tired of being the thread where people want to go to be retarded...With that said lets all that said lets try not to come here and give Malachite the trouble you don't give to the other threads in the GS. If we cant do that Adios.

BTW I'll update later, not in the mood right now.
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
For once, he didn't do something wrong though, he was attacked and for a post or two, was being calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
@ GFA, its meant to look like a child.. I think it looks great, if thats what he was trying to do..
Meh. Children have different proportions. The head is too big for one and it looks less professional. The splice looked better, which isn't normal, then again, I haven't looked at official sprites in a while. Hell, I didn't even notice the original was a splice.

Quote:
Seriously, thats the last time I'm dealing with that here. If it happens again. I'm leaving PC and going elsewhere....but I'll shoot you guys a download link when the full game is done.
I'm kinda tired of being the thread where people want to go to be retarded...With that said lets all that said lets try not to come here and give Malachite the trouble you don't give to the other threads in the GS. If we cant do that Adios.

BTW I'll update later, not in the mood right now.
To Calis! ...
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
To be perfectly honest, Johnny's first post [yesterday at 8:25 EST] was rather normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
For once, he didn't do something wrong though, he was attacked and for a post or two, was being calm.
I'm pretty sure Yuoaman was referring to his earlier posts, not his latest one. He most likely quoted it instead of quoting his other ones.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but explain to me why you would drop this community over something so trivial? Just ignore the posts, report them, and move on.

I'm going with Steel type.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Ven
Tyrian

I gotta say, everything you guys say is just giving him the reaction he wants.
If what you're doing hasn't discouraged him from being disruptive before...
I mean, repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane.

Anyways, I vote for dark.
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
HallwayKid
The Illogical Scientist

Nature: Quiet
I vote for steel, a type that has grown on me recently. The Game is looking good OI.

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Steel type but only because I've been pushing for one since the beginning. I AM NOT A FOLLOWER.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:00 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I'm pretty sure Yuoaman was referring to his earlier posts, not his latest one. He most likely quoted it instead of quoting his other ones.

I'm sorry, but explain to me why you would drop this community over something so trivial? Just ignore the posts, report them, and move on.

I'm going with Steel type.
Because I've dealt with him like 4 times already and nothing has been done about it yet.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
I gotta say, everything you guys say is just giving him the reaction he wants.
If what you're doing hasn't discouraged him from being disruptive before...
I mean, repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane.

Anyways, I vote for dark.
Dark it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallwayKid View Post
I vote for steel, a type that has grown on me recently. The Game is looking good OI.
Thanx

Well folks, we may not have anymore steel types in the dex, idk. there isnt another one done at the moment atleast so I'm gonna pic the type.

PANCYBLOOM:
The GRASS/DARK Type Pokemon!
A Malachite Vet, she's been here for a long time!
But whats even better is that shes extremely strong!
1/3 of Insula's Legendary Trio Pancybloom uses a mixture of grass and Dark type moves. You'll have the option of keeping Pancybloom or the one of the other two after saving all three from their islands. Their islands can be seen on the region map with dotted black lines leading up to them.

Questions, Comments? I'm in a better mood so get it out now!

VOTE DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

REVELATION!
Okay, PokemonOI, remember how you had a make a move for the starters contest a while back? How about a create a Steel type contest, and the winner gets some sort of reward like an NPC appearance.
What do you say? Its just a suggestion and its only one family to add.

Sponsored Links