The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter would you pick?
Chamelica - Grass Starter 110 26.51%
Kittorch - Fire Starter 199 47.95%
Pireel - Water Starter 106 25.54%
Voters: 415. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
lol don't mean to go shooting my mouth off, but I joined Calis Projects today (and revived 2 threads accidentally :p) and found something quite interesting.....
and I'm pretty sure the game will be at least at beta 2 before you run out of Pokemon to show.
Again, thank you for the more-than-obvious reference

Also, yes, we do have tons of pokemon, but not in every type. Imagine if people vote dragon 6 times in a row? We dont have that many dragons.

founder of

Old August 26th, 2010, 11:39 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
@Starrmyt look at Malachite's thread, no one type-trolls at all in there, us PC members are quite fickle, we always change what type we are voting for. I've never seen a type twice in a row.
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
@Starrmyt look at Malachite's thread, no one type-trolls at all in there, us PC members are quite fickle, we always change what type we are voting for. I've never seen a type twice in a row.
Even so, that's Malachite/Uranium's thing, i wouldnt want to be seen as copying them.

We at Helio Version do not like copying other games in anything. Please be sure to ignore the format of our first post. xD

founder of

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Well Uranium "Copied" Malachite and OI didn't care at all, but each to his own.
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
killerfox291
Beginning Trainer

this game would have been awesome if the attacks weren't just yellow stars...
Old August 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
morikun

I just started recently here, but this has got to be one of the best homebrews I've ever seen! I've played Shiny Gold and am now playing 2 of the ruby destiny's and tried the Demo for Zephyr. and plotwise, this is just sik-bawls! I can't wait to play this, man! Definitely watching you!
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^err, I don't think you can play it on homebrew, its made in rmxp, so you play it on your computer.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Another sprite update! This time I'm skipping toward the end of the dex, so then we can wrap up the whole Rayquaza Myth thing. These are the three spirits of Rayquaza.

Buster
The ID Pokemon
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Ability: Pressure

BUSTER is believed to have been formed from the agression of a dead pokemon. It is most well known for attacking anyone who comes near it.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon
Type: Steel/Ghost

SPECTVER was formed from the soul of an ancient pokemon. Its steel shell houses the energy that gave this pokemon life.

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon
Type: Water/Ghost

NESSA was formed from the conscience of an ancient pokemon. It is very peaceful and will only attack in self-defense.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakip View Post
Another sprite update! This time I'm skipping toward the end of the dex, so then we can wrap up the whole Rayquaza Myth thing. These are the three spirits of Rayquaza.

Buster
The ID Pokemon

BUSTER is believed to have been formed from the agression of a dead pokemon. It is most well known for attacking anyone who comes near it.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon

SPECTVER was formed from the soul of an ancient pokemon. Its steel shell houses the energy that gave this pokemon life.

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon

NESSA was formed from the conscience of an ancient pokemon. It is very peaceful and will only attack in self-defense.

the ideas are creative, its hard to imagine these as real Pokemon though, imo.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
The fire starter looks awesome

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:51 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Spectver reminds me the Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
But... they do not have the pokémon feeling, it's true...

DA Profile

Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:47 AM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
Must resist, must resist...

fine.

THREE DAYS! THREE DAYS!

But seriously, besides the "they don't look like pokemon" comments, do you have any suggestions then? This is not an accusation, this is an honest question. We'd love to hear all your comments, and also why you don't think they look like pokemon.

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Kam the Narwhal
Beginning Trainer

Id, ego, and superego? Congratulations on creating the only original legend trio I've seen in a while.

Either way, I don't see much of Rayquaza in them. I'd try to include some of those patterns on his body in there somehow.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Rickyboy
Its time for overtime

Quote:

Buster
The ID Pokemon
Its the best out of the bunch, but thats not saying much. First of all, we've all seen putting boxing gloves on pokemon too much already from pokemon like makuhita and hitmonchan. He himself is really just a bedsheet with gloves, not really much originality or personality. Doesn't help that he doesn't have any eyes, which I realize a pokemon doesn't have to have, but I think 98% to actually a 100% of existing pokemon at least have eyes whether they're closed or not.

Quote:

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon
Really typical design that I could see in a platforming game or halloween themed disney cartoon/movie. Its just kind of there.

I think it is a good design for what it is, but it seems like a pokemon that had a major feature, and then it was taken out.

Quote:

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon
I like the dark clouds at least, but really its just a black worm coming out of a cloud. Once again I think a face would help. I also think maybe giving it something to make it allude more towards a water type than a flying type would help.

Obviously you do what you want with your designs, but personally when I design a fakemon I picture everyone in the world being at the same table, and being told to make a fakemon. Then I try to think, what can I do so that way my fakemon doesn't look like the people's fakemon next to me?

Of course if you had to make a red panda thats a fire type, most people would think, "oh It'll be cool if I make its tail on fire", but instead you could have flames from its nose or ears.

I realize this stuff sounds obvious, but it just SEEMS to me that some of you sprites are missing a creative spark.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bards Sword View Post
Must resist, must resist...

fine.

THREE DAYS! THREE DAYS!

But seriously, besides the "they don't look like pokemon" comments, do you have any suggestions then? This is not an accusation, this is an honest question. We'd love to hear all your comments, and also why you don't think they look like pokemon.
Originally Posted by aquakip

Buster
The ID Pokemon

The typing is creative, but the rest isn't. First off, legendaries have better names than "Buster", that hardly fits a fighting type. And why is it an ID pokemon? The sprite looks outdated as well.

Spectver
The Ego Pokemon

Now this one looks the oddest to me, it wouldn't slide as a Pokemon anyday, it looks like the final boss from fossil fighters to be honest.

Nessa
The SuperEgo Pokemon

I really don't understand nessa, I like its look, but it just seems a tad off.

----------------------
Maybe I was too harsh, maybe we've all set the bar too high ever since Aquakip showed us the amazing sprites he made for the starters. I don't mean to rip anyone's game, just stating my mind.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
This has always been one of my favourite games, for your creativity and enthusiasm, but mainly for your fakemon and their high quality. I must say however, I do not like the new legendaries.

First of all, I think it was an excellent idea creating legendaries based of Freude's psychic apparatus from his model of human psyche. Completely original and with great potential. However, none of them look like legendaries or are named like them. I like the typings but the designs are not up to the high standards I've grown to expect from you. In all honest opinion, I think you should scrap those sprites and redesign them completely.

I think the should reference Rayquaza by having his markings on their bodies. Or they could each have different markings that could fit together to form Rayquaza's (although they don't actually "fit" together). They could also seem more animal-like. For example:

Id could be ghostly (tranparent perhaps) blood-red bull with Rayquaza's markings. (based on the star sign Taurus) Check this out (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...R3-EN-C-UE.jpg)

Ego could be a large ghostly (again transparent?) pale blue crab with Ray.'s markings. (based on star sign Cancer)

Super ego could be based on Virgo or Gemini and be gold/whte with Ray.'s markings and resemble a ghostly angel (or two angels).

These three could reference both the star sign and the psychic apparatus they represent. eg. Idurus, Cancego etc.

They could also be not huge, like Rayquaza, but sort of 5ft-ish to show that Rayquaza is no longer whole.

Possible typings

Id: Ghost/Fire or Ghost/Fighting
Ego: Ghost/Steel
Super-Ego: Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Dark (Ghost/flying could refernce Rayquaza's past self by being part flying)

This is of-course just an idea but I think I think you should consider something along those lines. I just want these legenderies to be as good as the likes of your ice and fire legendaries you already have.

Good luck as always.

[Apologise for poor spelling and grammar in places, I'm supposed to be doing mapping for my own game atm.]

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:49 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^that's quite the idea cynic, and yes most Helio-mon are high quality, though it seems like these were made by a different spriter or before aquakip broke through.

Comparison
Leafegon is beautifully shaded and detalied.
Buster is minimally shaded and lacks detail.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:41 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Alright, lets put this matter to rest with a bit of explanation, shall we?

I started this project a WHILE back, [mid 2008] and we didnt really have huge intentions to do anything with the sprites at that point, much less a full video game. We made the trio rather early, even before the whole Rayquaza idea came into play. Because of this, we only made 3 ghosts, as they were to be a ghost trio. Our old spriter, DRaB, came up with the ideas of Steel, Water and Fighting, and we decided to give them corny names. We never really did anything with the designs, Aquakip resprited them recently with the same designs that we had back in 2008.

Only yesterday did I decide to attach the Id Ego and Superego ideas to the trio.

I do like The Cynic's ideas, and there is a strong possibility that we will redesign these pokemon.

Stay tuned for a Geography update tomorrow on the first area of Emort which will not be encountered in the demo: Tern City and Route 303.

founder of

Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
BennyTuckman
King Bulbasaur

Great work! I want to play it when it's done!

Play Kick Gary Oak!

Sydian's and IceFireLighting's Anime Challenge:
Gary Oak's Sinnoh Adventures

Wartortle: Lv. 28: Tackle, Water Pulse, Water Gun, Bite
Elekid: Lv. 21: Shock Wave, Swift, Thundershock, Low Kick
Eevee: Lv. 17: Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack
Growlithe: Lv.25: Bite, Flame Wheel, Ember, Reversal
Graveler: Tackle, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Rock Throw
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Bards Sword
La Resistance!

Nature: Rash
Wow, guys, I'm impressed. To be honest, I didn't really care for these sprites very much, and didn't really know what to say. Your ideas are all awesome, especially The Cynic. Much thanks to you. I'm gonna put on some pressure to see them resprited. We'll get back to you with the results. Thanks for the amazing outburst of help!

KYLE: If you don't show Muhammad, then you've made a distinction what is okay to poke fun at, and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

MACBETH: I will not yield
To kiss the ground before young Malcom's feet
And to be baited with the rabble's curse
Though Birnam Wood be come to Dunsinane
And thou opposed, being of no woman born
Yet I will try the last. Before my body
I throw my warlike shield. Lay on, Macduff
And damned be he that first cries, "Hold, enough!"

Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
Ok. Ok. Ok. I guess you dont like them.

Well, maybe you'll like this set of the trio. I went with a different approach this time:

Better? Or worse?

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old September 4th, 2010, 02:12 AM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

Well, maybe you'll like this set of the trio. I went with a different approach this time:

Better? Or worse?

Definately better. I especially like the primal nature of Id. This is certainly an excellent legendary trio.

What are there types?

This game is brilliant, keep it up. :cer_smile:

Old September 4th, 2010, 02:56 AM
mulch_ar
What should I type here?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mulch_ar
Quote:

Better? Or worse?
Way better than the previous trio IMO. I guess they have more 'character' and Pokémon-ny feel in them. Great job, I'm loving what I see so far

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
Quote:

Better? Or worse?
A lot better, indeed. I like the colours, but let me say a thing: they're BIIIIIG, with the result of looking a bit empty somehow. Legendaries do not need to be that big to seem legendaries. Often it is the detail amount to make a legendary pokémon look like that...

DA Profile

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:

Better? Or worse?
That's the Aquakip spriting I know!
Anyway I think you should change the pose of the second one, so it looks more serpentine, and its pose doesn't look too much like the first. For names maybe Taurius, Piscion, and Plasmath.

Sponsored Links