The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quote:
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.
Not sure how it would work out.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
This gym and this gym only
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps
Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

Quote:
Okay, here are two of my ideas.

The Underleveled Challenge

Basically, no grinding. That means only go into the tall grass to capture Pokemon. If you kill them by mistake, it doesn't count. Exceptions : RSE's Poochyena / Zigzagoon from the start and DP's Starly.

The Deja Vu Challenge

This is a bit harder to understand. You need a game from every region, start at Kanto and go through all of them in order, with the form of the Pokemon in there.
For instance, if I start with Squirtle in FR, then capture a Pidgey and a Ratatta, in my Silver game I'll have to use Totodile, Sentret and Hoothoot.
Of course this only applies to some Pokemon.

Just tell me what you think !
First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Quote:
Hai people! its your second favorite challenger Redsaber! Now, I just started the Alpha-Fan, and now I am working on the MOST EPIC CHALLENGE ever, details will be released on this thread periodically!

Not-named challenge (codenamed Red Challenge)
Current details:
Will have some RP inputs on the thread
Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon0fangz View Post
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.
Not sure how it would work out.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
This gym and this gym only
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps
You have yourself a deal. But, I have a condition. You must go through this thread, and make a list of every challenge that has been created, but not approved as a challenge. I'm going to do them all. If you do that, I'll get started as soon as I finish my Electric Monotype on Kanto.
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

Nature: Relaxed
grah. work. but at least i can maybe find some interesting challenges to do myself!

Will description be needed?
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.
I just did again haha
Well Alpha-Fan I guess is gonna die *shrugs*

I'm still trying to find out how to make my challenge harder and more fun, I promise you guys won't be dissapointed with it!
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:12 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
^I'm the one running the Nuzlocke thread but Solo Nuzlocke is missing the point, I mean Nuzlocke is all about working together as a team. I'm sorry but I don't think I will allow it atm unless Sydian forces me to.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
redsaber5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon0fangz View Post
all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.
some of those are FAIL but others are quite nice, my challenge heres a spoiler relating to this quote:

It will have a Stock-Market type thing
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

myrrhman agreed to do all of them, so...

also, can i take a brief moment to advertise my challenge, 1 pokemon 1 gym? its actually quite fun. really tough, especially when you catch a pokemon with a disadvantage on the next gym. and lots of grinding too. worth it, though, it makes gyms feel like an achievement.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

please do so, and ill definitely participate.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
redsaber5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.
Just did the alpha fan, sorry XD, you guys help me with it i guess?

Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!

Anyways, I like the restricted challenge. If somebody could host it (who doesn't already have a million things) that would be awesome, I think that would be a busy challenge!

Last edited by redsaber5859; August 28th, 2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: nvm lol
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^well I'm hosting Nuzlocke, and may co-host the SML and Relay Race but I'll see if I can fit in in lol
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
560cool.
Probably back.

I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.

Old August 29th, 2010, 05:38 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool. View Post
I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.
I would potentially help you with this. But as you can see, so many challenges.

In other news, I finally made it out of Rock Tunnel with my Electric Team (Pikachu). Gyms fell fast after that, and I caught an Electabuzz, Voltorb, and Magnemite (and Zapdos the Fly Slave). This means I should be done with the challenge soon! Also I finally have a move that does neutral damage to Rock/Ground types (Electabuzz's Psychic).

Also, Thank you Dragon. Your challenge is accepted. Grabbing laptop now to start on... Metronome Challenge/Weak Run, which will also satisfy the Combined Challenge.

Last edited by myrrhman; August 29th, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Well, myrrh, my list is quite done. I need to sort out Trio Legends, Pseudo Legends and other stuff.

But I could use some help ! :-D

Okay... Here are some new Underleveled rules :

2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:

Old August 29th, 2010, 09:27 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...
I think I saw a non evolving challenge here once, when I was creating this sig-chart thing. I don't know whose it was though. But I still beat a challenge without evolving, so there it is.
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Everlark
[ w h i t e ]

Nature: Timid
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

Quote:
2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:
Just add them to the first post then. :) But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

Quote:
Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!
That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.

yesterdaytodayFOREVER

paired with blaque
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
560cool.
Probably back.

Syd ! WTH ?? >>
Well, yes, I added it. Just as I guessed, mondays suck is onto it already. Oh well !...
Well, this isn't Nuzlocke. You can die and have repeated attempts if it crits. you to death.
I already died twice in my Brown Underleveled.. <_<

Old August 31st, 2010, 07:06 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to discuss my progress on my challenges here. I'm doing the Combined/Metronome/Weak Challenge, and just beat Brock on Red, and I am doing a WallaceGym/WallaceE4/Blue Monocolor on Ruby. It is going much better, and I am done with the first four gyms. Daddy is hard.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cephix
The Eternal Phoenix :.

Nature: Modest
There should be an alphabet challenge. Only use pokémon from the letter of your choice. Users picking X would have to use a team full of Xatus and Unown X.

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

They have that I believe.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

It's somewhere. I've done it with G's. If it's not there, you can remake it. I'll need to do it sometime.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:57 PM
redsaber5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmeargleSplatter View Post
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

Just add them to the first post then. But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.
Yay u used your alt!!!

Anyways, its for all games, didn't you read that you had to go through all regions?
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

You know? One thing I really like about challenges is that they encourage you to do things you've never done before.
For instance, I've never raised Chansey or Clefairy, but I used one in Kanto and I WILL catch a Chansey in Sinnoh.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here