The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?
Yes. I don't want my Budew to evolve @ Lvl 30 by Happiness, but @ Lvl 15 by Level, for example. 158 40.93%
Yes, but just because I don't want to pay attention to Happiness. 96 24.87%
No, Happiness is a nice way of Evolving and sometimes very unexpected. 81 20.98%
No and that's it. 14 3.63%
I don't mind AT ALL! I really don't care. 37 9.59%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Mark975
AllStar Spriter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnite View Post
It does. Team Galactic might be gone, but there's a new problem in Sinnoh, though I'm not going to tell what's exactly going on.

Pokémon Platinum is the rom base. The beta goes till Veilstone City. I'll edit the first post with this information.

Please TELL ME how to IMPROVE it. None of them are actually unnecessary in my opinion. And Tyrogue isn't that rare in this game, it can be found in Mt. Coronet. So after catching one, you can immediately evolve it into Hitmontop, ór search for the right gender and then let it evolve @ lv. 20. This is not unnessecary; you can not catch any Hitmonchan / Hitmontop / Hitmonlee in the wild and it's quite tricky to get the right Tyrogue-evolution the original way.

The only thing you need is a Pokémon Platinum Rom (clean and unedited). Everything can be read in the readme, which is attached in the .RAR file.

Thanks a lot for this comment. I used PPRE, which is a great Rom Editing Tool.

I'd like some comments from people that actually played the game and please tell me how to improve it, as well as the things you like!

Thanks for testing / playing!
Whats PPRE stand for and where can i get?
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:53 PM
Oxnite
aka Arbok

@ Skara / Mark975,

I use a tool called PPRE (Project Pokémon's Rom Editor). A tutorial and download link is available here (created by me). Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

With this tool, you can edit wild Pokémon, scripts, trainer's Pokémon, Pokémon stats, types and movesets, and a lot more! It still has some bugs though, as it is a Bèta version.

The tutorial can be found here.

(The Tutorial is slightly outdated, as the current version of PPRE is v14.0, but I'll edit the tutorial later).

----------------------------------------------

In the future, I'll not answer questions anymore like 'how did you create this hack,' you can search around for yourself.

Any more comments about the game? I'll update the game very, very soon so keep checking this thread!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
When a glitch fixed version is released I'll play this. Pokemon Platinum is my favorite Pokemon game! The 2nd beta ends after you battle the Galactic Grunt at Valor Lakefront doesn't it?
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:45 AM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
@ Skara / Mark975,

I use a tool called PPRE (Project Pokémon's Rom Editor). A tutorial and download link is available here (created by me). Please read the tutorial thoroughly.

With this tool, you can edit wild Pokémon, scripts, trainer's Pokémon, Pokémon stats, types and movesets, and a lot more! It still has some bugs though, as it is a Bèta version.

The tutorial can be found here.

(The Tutorial is slightly outdated, as the current version of PPRE is v14.0, but I'll edit the tutorial later).

----------------------------------------------

In the future, I'll not answer questions anymore like 'how did you create this hack,' you can search around for yourself.

Any more comments about the game? I'll update the game very, very soon so keep checking this thread!
Thanks a lot mate (non-sarcastic btw lol)

Also, what about map editing? I've noticed your events are in different places....
Old September 5th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
Thanks a lot mate (non-sarcastic btw lol)

Also, what about map editing? I've noticed your events are in different places....

You can't map edit yet :/

Everything in Platinum Deluxe is in Sinnoh :L
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Oxnite
aka Arbok

That is true, but I replaced some Events, etc.

You can easily do that via PPRE (Maps Section) -- just change the X and Y coordinates. You should watch a Tutorial on YouTube.

EDIT @ 11:09 (AM) (GMT+1): I just finished some more bug testing. I bug tested the game till Valley Windworks so far and even made a lot of changes. For example:
- I completely revamped the first Gym Leader, Dimphy! She now has more text, an own Trainer Battle Sprite and an own Overworld Sprite.
- You'll have to battle Prof. Rowan sometimes!
- People, called members of the TM Family, are scattered in Sinnoh. When you talk to them, they want a battle - if you manage to defeat them, you obtain a TM. Their Pokémon often demonstrate the TM you'll get. In addition to this, you can battle them as much as you want, which means you can get unlimited TM's! (Two TM Family Members have been added so far: Attract / Bullet Seed)
- The Valley Windworks situation has been revamped. (It now has to do with a certain Gym Leader, to give the game more story)
- I've added a new Trainer Class, called the Policewoman! They even have a new overworld sprite and battle sprite.
- And last but not least, I updated all Text bugs, for example: Hey Parcel! or Rival's Mom: Could you go and find VS Seeker for me?

There are a few Bugs left;
- Gymleader Dimphy says something weird when she gives out her badge;
- A lof of Trainers say wrong things, especially the Trainers that were Galactic Grunts before. I still can't edit the text in thenewpoketext though, it just doesn't seem to work. I always get an error.

I will update with a newer Bèta Version soon!

Last edited by Oxnite; September 6th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
KingDoubt
HATEMONGER

Nature: Lonely
Hey, this hack looks great!
May try it later, my computer can't handle 4th gen games though...
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:02 PM
o0kv9
Beginning Trainer

hey, very nice hack! it was quite hard at first, but then again - thats why its so fun!
i have a problem though. Everytime the script when you are leaving solaceon town starts (the one where the exclamation mark appears) my game freezes =/
Old September 12th, 2010, 02:27 AM
TurkishBlazikeN
Beginning Trainer

ReaLy its look likes good
Old September 12th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Mirby
Former IRC Maid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Mirby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mirby Send a message via Yahoo to Mirby Send a message via Skype™ to Mirby
This is awesome! Keep up the great work! ^.^

Seriously, if I had the time I'd check this out.
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:06 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
How hard does the game get? By the way I will play this when the next glitch fix or beta is out. I haven't played this game yet, but are there eight new gym leaders? I assume they have different types.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Kamigoroshi
Moemon Hunter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
I will update with a newer Bèta Version soon!
That's good news, when I saw the "Last edited by Oxnite; May 5th, 2010 at 09:51 PM." bit at the bottom of the starter post of this thread I feared for the worst. I'm really releaved that you're still on this project of yours. I'll make sure to play through Platinum Deluxe when you're done with the new beta release.

I also see that you've already included Zorua and Zoroark from the 5th generation editions. Will we see some others as well? Especially the pokemon with new type combinations, such as Meraruba/Urugamosu and Bachuru/Denchura would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kamigoroshi; September 27th, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Oxnite
aka Arbok

Hello everybody, welcome to this new update.

I've got some bad news, and maybe 'good' news for some of you.

First of all, I'd like to say that I've postponed the project for so far. Everything was going well, but actually, it seems PPRE contains too many bugs to create a real, nice game with it.

I, for example, edited one script and it worked fine, but then another script stopped working. It kinda messed things up.

I now stopped the project for a while and I might continue with it soon. I might as well start a completely new project for a game like HG / SS. There's even a chance that B/W is hackable by then, who knows (it contains the same information like DPPHGSS, as it is a DS game).

Anyway, I've now started working on a Pokémon Advanced game, that is Pokémon Fire Red. I did a hack like that before called Pokémon Upgrade, but it didn't had any new scripts, ugly sprites and I even translated some text parts to my mother language (Dutch). Yeah, it was horrible.

Now, I started some kind of new project. It will have a completely new story and it even looks like something.

I'm very sorry for the people that were eagering to play this game, but it's jut full of bugs which I cannot edit properly. Once I edit one certain script (in Eterna City for that case), another script gets messed up for some unknown reason.

@Moderator(s), I guess this topic could get closed, but not deleted, please. Can I, like, open it again when I continue working on this?

Anyway, I might open a new topic soon for the GBA Rom Hack I'm creating. Thanks for all the people that were eagering to play this game, as they motivated me to work on this game.

Please notice that it's not my intention to stop working on this project, it's just that I either 1) am not good enough to script as I somehow ruin some other scripts on the same map or 2) the programme called PPRE is still a bit too buggy (which is no blame at all).

Thanks for your support.
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Fezao4
Hi

Nature: Brave
Wow good name for a hack of NDS,but why cynthia is in the place of your rival?I will play the hack for see...Im playing Bye!
Old March 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Fezao4, please don't revive threads that have been dead for over a month.

Closed

Brother of Vrai
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links