The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2010 (07:35 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Yeah, I said something like this a couple of pages back. I don't want to do challenges where I can beat the whole thing with like 1-2 Pokemon. That's too easy. I like the Nuzlocke because it takes more planning, and a more balanced team sort of. That's also why I like the Favorite Challenge, and will like the stock market thing when it comes out.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (11:57 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:19 PM).
redsaber5859
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.
:p

Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect

And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:28 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Quote:
Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect
I don't see why it has to be such a big deal, really. It's not like...some huge school project or something that's gonna change the world. But okay. If you say so.

Quote:
And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?
Elaborate?
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:31 PM).
redsaber5859

Quote:

Elaborate?
Like, if I wanted to do multiple challenges at the same time?
(IE: A unevolved mono-nuzlocke)
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:32 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

That's why the threads for each challenge are there in the first place? Why would you need a multi-challenge thread? That's pointless.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:33 PM).
redsaber5859

Quote:
That's why the threads for each challenge are there in the first place? Why would you need a multi-challenge thread? That's pointless.
Not what I mean XD

I mean like a Unevolved Mono-nuzlocke

Imagine that?
Old September 3rd, 2010 (07:56 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Then you add the option to the Nuzlocke challenge. There's already main threads for the most common challenges to avoid clutter. Now, why would there have to be a separate thread that just merges two challenge ideas together, when one of the challenges has a main thread? It's easily added as an option on the first post after talking to the person running it. Either that, just play it on your own at home without having to worry about posting updates. Simple fix and reduces spam.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (08:11 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
@redsaber5859 you could just post that in my thread and specify the rules your using so other people might want to play it too, and everything stays in one thread .
Old September 3rd, 2010 (08:45 PM).
Katja

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Katja
You can only use 6 level 100 magikarp.

White: 2150 9156 5750
Old September 4th, 2010 (09:24 AM).
dragonite149
I am not male

Nature: Relaxed
I have 2 ideas!!

First,the Monotypecombo!
In Monotypecombo,you may only use Pokemon of a certain type combo eg for a Normal/Flying run,you can use Pidgey,Farfetch'd,Chatot,Noctowl,Togetic,Taillow because they are both Normal/Flying but NOT Bibarel or Gyarados.Because Bibarel and Gyarados don't have both types in the type combo you may not use them.
Also if there are reverse type combos eg Ice/Water and Water/Ice you may use both for a Water/Ice run.
Also if you are doing a Water/Flying run you can ue a Magikarp as long as you evolve it ASAP.Same for other combos

Secondly,the TM,HM run!
You may only use TMs and HMs you have taught to your Pokemon.If it doesn't know a TM or HM move,you can't use it.Challenge starts when you get your first TM/HM.Also you cannot use TM/HM moves learned by level up but you can use ones learned by TM eg a Seaking cannot learn Waterfall at LV 40 but it can learn it by HM.

I hope you like my ideas!
Old September 4th, 2010 (10:26 AM).
redsaber5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja View Post
You can only use 6 level 100 magikarp.
Impossible, they cannot affect ghost types until Gen IV
Old September 5th, 2010 (10:17 PM).
dragonite149
I am not male

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaber5859 View Post
Impossible, they cannot affect ghost types until Gen IV
Are you overlooking Struggle?

Also I have another idea!

The MonoMoveType challenge! You can only use moves of a certain type.You CANNOT use types certain types are immune to.However you may use any Pokemon apart from legendaries(Maybe Ubers too) that know a move of your type. You may train up pokemon that don't know a move of your type as long as your Pokemon learns a move of your type ASAP.
Old September 5th, 2010 (11:13 PM).
Kanye West
but you can call me great

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
Are you overlooking Struggle?
Are you overlooking all six Magikarps would faint before putting any Pokemon in red with struggle?
Old September 6th, 2010 (07:49 AM).
dragonite149
I am not male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post
Are you overlooking all six Magikarps would faint before putting any Pokemon in red with struggle?
Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok%C3%A9mon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.
Old September 6th, 2010 (05:18 PM).
redsaber5859

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok%C3%A9mon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.
Novelty challenge will most likely fail... no offense

But the Unown challenge would be pretty good... if you used a random letter generator on the computer. Its hard to type random on a GB/DS

just my two cents
Old September 6th, 2010 (08:02 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Yeah guys, that makes plenty of sense. Magikarp will fail, but Unown won't. Okay. If you say so. Caterpie on the other hand...
Old September 6th, 2010 (08:04 PM).
redsaber5859

Quote:
Yeah guys, that makes plenty of sense. Magikarp will fail, but Unown won't. Okay. If you say so. Caterpie on the other hand...
Rules the world

I <3 butterfree challenges

Hey syd, you gonna join the Unown challenge? it seems you like to use them :p
Old September 6th, 2010 (08:14 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge. :(
Old September 6th, 2010 (08:23 PM).
redsaber5859

Quote:
Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge.
Your hosting it which adds more

Syd likes to use unown, is that challenging enough?

The thread title, now thats how I know you love unown, unless you meant the other definition of "use" (reffering to MSN conversation )
Old September 7th, 2010 (07:21 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...
Old September 7th, 2010 (09:50 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Quote:
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...
That's what I was thinking. Sounds like monospecies, for real. Or a retarded version of the alphabet challenge.
Old September 7th, 2010 (10:41 AM).
Master Strife
The Local BAMF

Nature: Bold
Hi again! Posting some more challenges I've done . Maybe you'll find them just as fun.

Trade Challenge: Your team is to be made only of traded pokemon. The pokemon you get in the trade is totally up to the person you're trading with. They can be a jerk and give you a ditto(that's what my cousin gave me. he's such a prick). Or they can be really nice and give you a lvl 100 Rayquaza(I wish he was that nice). It's up to them.

Nickname Challenge: See, it's like the alphabet challenge, but with their nicknames not their real names! I did the challenge on my Platinum. I chose random letter, and then picked any pokemon on my other games who's nicknames began with that letter. I ended up with E, so I was able to use my Sceptile named "Emerald" from my Diamond/Pearl version. Between those 2 games I had all pokemon. This could use some polishing, but I had fun with it lol

Favorite Challenge:
Do it! It's EPICLY BEASTLY!!
Old September 7th, 2010 (11:14 AM).
dragonite149
I am not male

I have an idea! I know its gonna be rubbish though.

The name related challenge! You have to use pokemon that are similiar to your name,eg if your name meant butterfly in spanish you could use Butterfree,if the first 3 letters of your name were B,L and A you could use Blastoise,if your name rhymed with Tentacool you could use Tentacool etc. The host could decide whether or not you can use your team,so the challengers need to provide a good description of why they chose certain Pokemon.
Old September 7th, 2010 (04:04 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nothing relates to my name. Some people have strange names and can't really do that challenge, so it'd be difficult. And most people don't want everyone knowing their real names. So we wouldn't know who's lying about it and whatnot. But really, what Pokemon relates to Sydian? A bunch of S Pokemon I guess, but that'd just be an alphabet challenge.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links