Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [RMXP] Pokemon Chronicles: Tha Sands of Time

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 28th, 2010 (12:51 PM). Edited April 13th, 2011 by The Cynic.
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
NOTICE:Tile spriter urgently needed. PM me fo more details.

Author: Tha Cynic
Progrbe Used: RMXP (w/ Poccil's Pokemon Essentials)
Language: English

• Tha vibrant new region of Vicitalis filled wit stunnng locations, puzzlng riddles and excitng challenges! Diverse hoodz nclude tha cyberpunk Neonbright City, tha wild-west oil/mnng Drygulch City and tha spooky Murkreek Tawn deep n tha heart of tha bayou.
  • New starylne! Explore tha region, battle gym leaders, rescue tha professor and solve tha mahstery of Tha Brotharhood and tha powerful pokemon Vicitraho.
  • New Characters ncludng Casey tha protagonist, his friends Blane and Louis, tha reclusive Prof. Mnkowski, his close friend Prof. Hardng and
    and tha enigmatic traner Hope.
  • New Gym Leaders and Elite 4, each wit unique pokemon startegies ntended ta make defeatng tham all tha more challengng and fun!
  • Fun new activities! Snowboard down tha darng pistes at Prestige Resort. Takes yo chances at tha Monte Christa Casno. Takes part n aquatic races n tha bay of Tropica City. And takes part n tha ultimate knockout traner taurnbeent at tha Futuretech Stadium n Aeonopolis City. Plus, pokemon contests return!
  • 101 new fakemon, ncludng new evolutions and prevolutions fo exsistng Pokemon, as well as Official Pokemon from all 5 generations.
  • Brand new moves ncludng Ignition and Gbema Pulse.
  • Step on ta tha property ladder! Now, nstead of a secret base, you will have tha option ta purchase property n tha region. Fancy a rustic farmhizouse n tha middle of tha Halcyon Plans? Or would you rathar own a luxurious 99th-floor penthizouse n tha high-rises of Aeonopoils City? Perhaps you is tha party type, n which case you might just settle down n tha Presidential Suite n tha Monte Crista Casno.

Yo nbee is Casey Sharp, you live wit yo mothar Elane n tha quant nlet village of Littlebeach Tawn and tagithar you run tha shawt, cosy Sunrise Nn. Tha tawn is at tha Southarn side of tha sparsely nhabited Diluculo Island. Traners will often stay at tha nn, and when you were a young boi thay would tell you tales of enthrallng adventures n exotic locations wit beazng pokemon and sparked yo ntrest n perhaps one day also becomng a traner.

One day, when tha local postal van breaks down, you is asked by tha knd owners of tha post office ta deliver a parcel ta tha reclusive Prof. Mnkowski who lives on his own n a cottage on Cape Nfnity. Ben such a good natured and courteous ndividual you of course oblige.

You make yo way over ta tha western cape of tha island wit haste and cislessly tread through long grass. Suddenly a wild Pokemon appears out of nowhere and attacks you. Its claws dawgage ta create a gash n tha side of yo leg and you fall ta tha ground subdued. Suddenly, a figure appears from behnd tha trees and comdawgds his Pokemon ta disperse yo attacker swiftly.

Upon yo rescue tha figure reveals himslef ta be none othar than tha enigma, Prof. Alexander Mnkowski. He shows you ta his cottage where he applies a dressng ta yo leg. At dis pont he notices you becomng very attached ta tha Pokemon that was used n yo rescue. He asks you questions bout yo ntrest n Pokemon, revealng that he used ta be quite a traner when he was younger. He decides that perhaps yo future is as a traner and offers you tha Pokemon as a partner ta yo utmost delight.

Soon after you sez fiswell ta yo friends and ta yo mothar and leave tha island ta fulfill yo drebes of ben a Pokemon Master! Shortly after dis however, you here tha news that tha Prof. has been kidnapped and you feel that you must do whatever you can ta fnd him and rescue him. You fnd yoself divng heezeefirst nta an ocean of danger, conspiracy and betrayal.

~ Comng Soon ~

~ Comng Soon ~

SETTLEMENTS

Littlebeach Tawn
Freewharf Tawn
Southport City
Ode Tawn
Mahrtle City
Wattsville City
Radiant City
Vestige City
Meadowranch Tawn
Everlanche City
Drygulch City
Sanctuary Tawn
Neonbright City
Rustshore City
Soulemn Tawn
Tropica City
Murkreek Tawn
Autumnleaf Tawn
Aeonopolis City

LANDMARKS

Cape Nfnity
New Foest sawmill
Wattsville Dbe
Lake Valient Geotharmal Plant
Mt. Ardour
Terracotta Tamb
Vestige Catacombs
beity Airfield
Howlng Cave
Shiver Summit
Prestige Resort
Wntershore Tunnel
Abandonned Mne
Starmah Mesa Wnd Farm
Ancient Pyrbeids
Relic Beach
Noctis Crater
Ridemne Reef
Everglades Safari Adventure!
Riddle Rock
Ranger Outpost
Ancaster Dawgsion
Autumnleaf Vneyard
Searoar Spiral
Futuretech Nuclear Plant
Aeonopolis Sewers
Deepsea Trench
Dragon's Roost/Dragon's Keep
Victary Gate
Triumph Landng
Ascension Castle
Astral Peak
Astral Shrne

ROUTES

Diluculo Island
Whisperng Cliffs
Melody Thicket
Mahrtle Valley
Timber Track
New Foest
Wattsville Reservoir
Mountan Cycleway
Lake Valient
Basalt Path
Calbeity Pass
Wispmarsh
Vestige Green
Halcyon Plans
Dusty Ridge
Blizzard Verge
Wntergreen Trail
Meltwater Gorge
Wndrush Canyon
Immortal Desert
Verdant Oasis
Thorny Scrub
Lucky Lane
Ribbon Sea
Nox Island
Tropica Everglades
Victalis National Park
Shady Bayou
Dark Swbep
Shimmer Glade
Russet Falls
beber Bridge
Crepusculum Island
Zephyr Bridge
Aeonopolis Outskirts
bearanth Dots
Triumph Straits
Dies Island

~ Comng Soon ~

All concepts by mahself, wit tha exception of:

• Bulbolt and Halobolt by DU7CH13.
  • Likluk, Kitatam, Leolisk and Plantana by aocom.
  • Elatic, Rubbounce, Elastng, Cumulis and Strateus by mssngno.
  • Albyphus by Kuroda-Taiki.

All tha above were used wit tha explicit permission of thair creatars.

Tha sprites were done by:

• darthvagabond (Koaleaf, Koapeira, Koalyptus, Burgoat, Smoldhorn, Vulcapra, Driffeln)
  • RedBaron (Absyl)
  • Riceedawg (Chirillon, Moovne, Mediguru, Emiroo)
  • aocom (Likluk, Kitatam, Tanana)
  • Pokekoks (Cumulis)

Dawgy thanks ta tha above.

NO THAFT!!!!

• RedBaron - Sprites, graphics and generally ben a legend
  • darthvagabond - Truly epic spriter and supporter
  • Riceedawg - Tha Matisse of MS Pant
  • artic.uno - Those sublime thread graphics
  • Sbeuraigat7 - Support Banners
  • Light-Fox - Region map illustration.
  • aocom - Fakemon concepts/sprites
  • mssngno - Fakemon concepts
  • DU7CH13 - Fakemon concepts
  • Aviculor - Spritng avec concepts
  • Ivyon - Woot, woot sprites!
  • Kuroda-Taiki - Fakemon concept/sprite
  • Rolzor - Spritedy, spritedy
  • Alucus/Calis Projects - Tiles galore!
  • Alistair - Outstandng tiles (not afraid of ben colourful)
  • zen - Lovely tree tiles.
  • Poccil - Tha starter kit!

Follow us on Twitter!

~ Comng Soon ~

Old August 31st, 2010 (04:24 AM).
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

Looks off tha hook. I've been eagerly awaitng dis one fo ages, snce it was a spheal. Tha region looks brilliant and very detailed. Lookng foward ta playng it!
Old August 31st, 2010 (04:43 AM).
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
Seen dis on Deviant Art, actually.

Kitatam is tha coolest thng I have ever seen. I want one.
Old August 31st, 2010 (05:32 AM).
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

I second that. Kitatam is adorable and I want ta hug it and love it and call it George.

Possibly Frank.
Old August 31st, 2010 (05:48 AM).
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
Ah! But I knew I had seen it elsewhere!

What is tha othar Pokédex it's on fo? It contans a bunch of very, very funky ass Pokémon.

Evolves nta Leolisk, appisntly.
Old August 31st, 2010 (09:16 AM).
The Cynic

Quote orignally posted by piehomey259:
Looks off tha hook. I've been eagerly awaitng dis one fo ages, snce it was a spheal. Tha region looks brilliant and very detailed. Lookng foward ta playng it!
Thanks. Funky ass ta see tha orignal fans still followng. :cer_smile:

Quote orignally posted by Ravecat:
Ah! But I knew I had seen it elsewhere!

What is tha othar Pokédex it's on fo? It contans a bunch of very, very funky ass Pokémon.

Evolves nta Leolisk, appisntly.

That was just a purely-fo-fun fakedex that aocom buggine. He than gave me permission ta use 4 of tha fakes n it.

And yes, Leolisk will be comng soon along wit new fakemon. I'm currently n tha process of re-designng tha fakedex you see. That pokeball template you see currently is fo tha gbee's iDex (tha first of dawgy Apple references :cer_tangue - I'm makng a more compact one fo tha thread itself.

Cheers fo takng an ntrest. :cer_smile:

Old August 31st, 2010 (09:24 AM).
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

Tha iDex? Don't tell me it'll only be compatible wit iPokemon caught usng an iBall bought from tha iMart.
Old August 31st, 2010 (09:25 AM).
Jayje
The First Maker
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
good you fnally gots tha thread up. glad ta see you're still movng fo ward wit dis. sad thng is i still gotsta wait

Pokemon Emerald TEBE CHALLENGE!!
Old August 31st, 2010 (09:28 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
wasn't dis a spheal wit like 200 maps?
Anyway its lookng good, I hope you keep tha part bout tha brotharhood, I thought that was extremely creative and unique. Also didn't Drifelln fly you places n tha old gbee? (Coz honestly I thnk it would eat me befoe I gots n it, , all kiddng aside Drifelln looks pretty cool). Some of tha tiles look a bit outdated, you may want ta browse deviantart fo some public tiles.
Old August 31st, 2010 (10:34 AM).
The Cynic

Quote orignally posted by AceDragonite:
wasn't dis a spheal wit like 200 maps?
Anyway its lookng good, I hope you keep tha part bout tha brotharhood, I thought that was extremely creative and unique. Also didn't Drifelln fly you places n tha old gbee? (Coz honestly I thnk it would eat me befoe I gots n it, , all kiddng aside Drifelln looks pretty cool). Some of tha tiles look a bit outdated, you may want ta browse deviantart fo some public tiles.
Yeah. I :cer_love: maps.

Tha Brotharhood is still tha dawg antagonists, wit a bit of a facelift ta make tham more epic.

Driffeln airports will of course still feature.

bout tha tiles... HG/SS tiles I fnd somewhat garish and DPPt tiles just look reallky depressng... I'm hopng ta make tha gbee half way. It is difficult, as we don't have a tile spriter, ta make unique tiles. N an ideal world, wit a tile spriter, every tawn would have a unique tileset. Fo exbeple, I hope ta make Radiant city look like Barcelona ta fit wit its Spanish thame:

But witout tilers, I'll have ta settle fo tha nearist existng tileset. At tha moment I'm usng a mixture of Alistair's and Calis Projects' tiles wit a few of mah own thrown n.

Thanks fo tha nput :cer_smile:

Old August 31st, 2010 (10:52 AM).
AceDragonite
Champion

yo welcome and good luck wit tha gbee!
Old September 2nd, 2010 (12:07 PM).
The Cynic

Who's That Pokemon?

3 new sprites will be unveiled tamorrow evenng.

~ Enjoy! ~

Old September 3rd, 2010 (01:45 PM).
The Cynic

Aww... no posts, oh well.

New Sprites: Leolisk, Hallowtamb &bep; Albyphus

Leolisk is tha evolution of Kitatam.

Hallowtamb is tha evolution of Spiritamb.

Albyphus is tha evolution of Altaria.

Sprites by aocom, Rolzor and Kuroda-Taiki respectively.

Old September 3rd, 2010 (01:50 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Leolisk is good, Hallowtamb's sprite is cool (but Spiritamb does NOT deserve an evolution) and imo Albyphus looks like Suicune, I don't mean ta rip it or anythng, I just have a high standard set fo Altaria evos.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (02:35 PM).
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Diluculo? As n Ludicolo, or be I off? xD

Seriously now, tha stary sounds nterestng (especially coz it's mostly out of tha common startng stary, and you gave us a reason ta visit tha professor and give him a parcel!), as well as usng tha 'unique', per sez, idea of havng tha professor git kidnapped as reason ta start our journey.

Tha Fakemon also seem pretty funky ass; kudos on tha latest ones posted, tao, thay're some of tha best. :D

As fo graphics, well, it's a shbee you can't git what you need; I could give a hand, but mah tiles is all DPPt/HGSS styled, so thare isn't much I can do thare. :/

Still, I wish you luck on dis gbee!
Old September 5th, 2010 (11:39 PM).
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
Quote orignally posted by Tha Cynic:
Aww... no posts, oh well.

New Sprites: Leolisk, Hallowtamb &bep; Albyphus

Leolisk is tha evolution of Kitatam.

Hallowtamb is tha evolution of Spiritamb.

Albyphus is tha evolution of Altaria.

Sprites by aocom, Rolzor and Kuroda-Taiki respectively.

Hallowtamb is epic not ta mention albyphus snce i like altaria as a dragon

Old September 6th, 2010 (07:25 AM).
The Cynic

Quote orignally posted by AceDragonite:
Leolisk is good, Hallowtamb's sprite is cool (but Spiritamb does NOT deserve an evolution) and imo Albyphus looks like Suicune, I don't mean ta rip it or anythng, I just have a high standard set fo Altaria evos.
Thanks :cer_smile: I don't agree wit you on tha Albyphus-Suicune thng though. Spiritamb was given an evolution ta make gym leader no. 7 even more difficult. :cer_wnk: Call me sadistic if you will.

Quote orignally posted by D. Lawride:
Diluculo? As n Ludicolo, or be I off? xD

Seriously now, tha stary sounds nterestng (especially coz it's mostly out of tha common startng stary, and you gave us a reason ta visit tha professor and give him a parcel!), as well as usng tha 'unique', per sez, idea of havng tha professor git kidnapped as reason ta start our journey.

Tha Fakemon also seem pretty funky ass; kudos on tha latest ones posted, tao, thay're some of tha best. :D

As fo graphics, well, it's a shbee you can't git what you need; I could give a hand, but mah tiles is all DPPt/HGSS styled, so thare isn't much I can do thare. :/

Still, I wish you luck on dis gbee!
Thanks :cer_smile: Diluculo is latn fo "dawn". Tha 4 islands off tha coast of tha 2 dawg contnents is nbeed "dawn", "day", "dusk" and "night" n accordance wit tha general thame of time.

Quote orignally posted by phantamnoid:
Hallowtamb is epic not ta mention albyphus snce i like altaria as a dragon
Thanks. :cer_smile:

Updates

New screenshots is comng soon. N tha meantime you can nomnate a type out of tha followng list and tamorrow evenng I'll debut a new fakemon of that type! (Not copyng Malachite n tha slightest! :cer_tangue

Fire
Water
Grass
Poison
Ground
Flyng
Bug
Ghost
Steel

Staked votng!

Old September 6th, 2010 (07:38 AM).
Vociferocity
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
mah vote is fo poison~!

dis gbee looks pretty cool so far - tha fakemon look off tha hook, tha plot seems engagng, and tha features sound fairly nterestng. one thng, though - um, so tha plot bit mentions tha dawg character is a boi called casey...will thare be an option ta play as a girl?
Old September 6th, 2010 (09:03 AM). Edited September 6th, 2010 by The Cynic.
The Cynic

Quote orignally posted by Vociferocity:
mah vote is fo poison~!

dis gbee looks pretty cool so far - tha fakemon look off tha hook, tha plot seems engagng, and tha features sound fairly nterestng. one thng, though - um, so tha plot bit mentions tha dawg character is a boi called casey...will thare be an option ta play as a girl?
Dis somethng I've been playng over n mah heezee fo quite some time. I would rathar dis gbee follow much more of a stary than most Pokemon gbees and so rigidifyng tha idea of ben stuck wit tha nbee Casey Sharp and tha male gender. I guess I could add n a female player, but wit tha exact sbee personality and character development called Evie Sharp. Whethar that would detract from tha stary I do not know.

One thng ta pont out is that dis gbee was orignally part of a trilogy of spheals. Pokemon Chronicles: Tha Garden of Eden, Tha Sands of Time &bep; Tha Eye of tha Starm. I decided dis was far ta bebitious and cut it down only tha second gbee fo now, as it was tha most "standalone". Whethar I will ever make tha othar two is unknown as I ntend ta git dis one completed. Tha pont I'm tryng ta make is that Tha Garden of Eden and Tha Eye of tha Starm both have female protaganists. N fact Hope Cassidy, tha protaganist of Tha Garden of Eden appears n Tha Sands of Time as a dawg character and a crucial part of tha plot. So you can see why I'd rathar keep nbees/gender fixed.

It's really up ta those who play tha gbee. If you really, really can't stand playng as Casey Sharp, I'll add n tha option ta play as Evie but n all tha othar gbees I make n dis series (if any!) he will appear as tha NPC Casey.

Thanks fo yo nput, and sorry fo tha wall-of-text answer. :cer_smile:

Oh and, keep tha votes comng n!

Old September 7th, 2010 (12:12 PM).
The Cynic

Votng Result!

Tha wnner wit a staggerng 100% (:cer_tangue of tha votes was Poison. So here it is:

Poilex, tha Vectar Pokemon. Thay ridery a mahriad of disease-causng bacteria n thair fur. Anesthatic saliva is rubbed on thair hands ta strike foes wit. Sprite by Aviculor.

Thare you go! Now vote on anothar type you would like ta see and once agan tamorrow evenng I will reveal a fakemon of tha type that gits tha most votes. Thase is yo choices:

Fire
Water
Grass
Ground
Flyng
Bug
Ghost
Steel

Staked votng! And remember ta comment as always!

Old September 7th, 2010 (01:05 PM).
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
water or fire would be off tha hook and maybe ghost

Old September 7th, 2010 (11:30 PM).
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Steel would be lovely. :D
I love yo stary and yo Pokemon. Thay look off tha hook own thair own right. :D
Old September 8th, 2010 (10:57 AM). Edited September 8th, 2010 by The Cynic.
The Cynic

Quote orignally posted by dead-dawg-walkng:
I love yo stary and yo Pokemon. Thay look off tha hook own thair own right. :D
Thanks. :cer_smile:

Votng Result!

Well 2 of you voted, which I guess is an improvement on befoe. Tha results were a tie fo Steel and Water (I went fo tha first type phantamnoid mentioned) and so I will show 2 fakemon.

Bandiero, tha Outlaw Pokemon. Bandiero live n tha harshest of deserts, searchng fo travellers and supplies. Tha don't takes kndly ta "no" as an answer and will retract thair poncho and reveal thair concealed cannon arms as a rebuttal ta it. Sprite by Aviculor.

Ridedioct, tha Vascular Pokemon. It pumps water through its body ta move through tha deep seas, creatng a steady beat. Although predatary, thair pumpng also allows tham ta filter nutrients from tha water. Sprite by Aviculor.

Well I was supposed ta have screenshots by taday but seeng as I don't you can pick one more type of fakemon ta be revealed tamorrow evenng. Yo choices is:

Fire
Water
Grass
Flyng
Bug
Ghost

Staked votng! And remember ta comment as always!

Old September 8th, 2010 (10:59 AM).
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

tha water type is epic now let's go fo fire pleaze

Old September 8th, 2010 (07:13 PM).
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

Bug, pleaze. I bet it'll be bugalicious. Which is a word.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links