The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Confirmed on Serebii, we have our first two Best Wishes episodes to air as a one hour special on the 23rd of September [this month].

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow
BW002: Iris and Kibago!

Discuss!
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Forever
let it go

I think it's great that Zekrom gets an appearance in the first episode, but what about Reshiram? Favouritism towards White <3

So Iris joins Ash on episode two or...? If so, that'd be interesting.
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Apparently, Ash isn't actually going to see Zekrom. However, it's shadow is causing Pikachu unable to use its own electric attacks do to some effect. Seems pretty much like most first season episodes in which Ash and Pikachu have some kind of issue.

edit: From slowkingsley at Serebii, he's given a proper translation of the first episode.
[jq]BW001 - The stage of a new venture, Ash and Pikachu arrive in the Isshu region. They are headed to the lab of Dr. Araragi - the authority of reasearch of this regions pokemon. On the way there, lightning is shot from black clouds, which suddenly appear, an accident occurs to Pikachu, who receives a direct hit.[/jq]I'm guessing Ash doesn't meet Iris until the second episode. So until then, he earns a whole episode to himself. It's been said that Iris is to encounter Reshiram though, so we'll see.

Last edited by Guy; September 7th, 2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
You just practically wanted to make the threads your self Lol, I think its smarter to disscuss them in one thread to keep the section uncluttered

Well it seems like its gonna be an awsome episode, and Zekrom mentioned in the title sounds good~

Old September 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Pandemonioum
Trainer

Nature: Brave
And this brings and interesting point, does Pikachu get effected by Zekrom's special ability TeraVoltage and is unable to use electric moves?

It is quite nice if they give a whole episode just for Ash and Pikachu and Iris comes in in the second episode...well the episode is double episode so we will see Iris in the later half, I hope.

And having Zekrom's name in first episode is quite cool itself

Whack-a-Pain, Tom&Jerry would be proud!

Last edited by Pandemonioum; September 7th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:18 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Well now he has a good excuse to lose to a rookie trainer like Shooti since everyone loves complaining about that.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:47 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Well now he has a good excuse to lose to a rookie trainer like Shooti since everyone loves complaining about that.
Yah, guess they realized after him nearly beating two legendaries and defeating Paul that he shouldn't just get pawnd by a newbie. This way Pikachu is just weak from one already, which is ok by me..Hopefully next battle though Ash shows that Shooti just how strong he is after Pikachu heals up. Any who, I'm glad Ash and Pikachu take up the whole episode, hopefully maybe in the fourth one we see Ash and Shooti battle???

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:16 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlShipper4Life View Post
Yah, guess they realized after him nearly beating two legendaries and defeating Paul that he shouldn't just get pawnd by a newbie. This way Pikachu is just weak from one already, which is ok by me..Hopefully next battle though Ash shows that Shooti just how strong he is after Pikachu heals up. Any who, I'm glad Ash and Pikachu take up the whole episode, hopefully maybe in the fourth one we see Ash and Shooti battle???
Today's preview for BW showed exactly that. Ash will lose to Shooti because Pikachu is unable to use his electric attacks.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Apparently, Ash isn't actually going to see Zekrom. However, it's shadow is causing Pikachu unable to use its own electric attacks do to some effect. Seems pretty much like most first season episodes in which Ash and Pikachu have some kind of issue.
I'm guessing those issues cause Pikachu to revert back to a low level and be weak again.

But I hope episodes 1 and 2 of BW English dub is released before end of the year.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:40 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
i think the year will end with the last sinnoh entrie
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old September 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Silver25
Trainer

I would actually like it if Pikachu couldn't use electric attacks again until 12-15 episodes in. It would give Ash the opportunity to learn a totally different style and take show the new Iron Tail.
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver25 View Post
I would actually like it if Pikachu couldn't use electric attacks again until 12-15 episodes in. It would give Ash the opportunity to learn a totally different style and take show the new Iron Tail.
If that were to happen, it would be interesting at first, but then it'd get annoying after that long if Pikachu can't use its electric moves. :\ A couple episodes or so maybe, but not that long.

At least this gives a good excuse on why Ash loses to Shooti like the above have said. Still, it just leaves Shooti looking like another overconfident jerk. Ash just better not lose the next time when Pikachu regains its electric moves.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
Whats going to be the disaster for the new region first episode?

pikachu almost getting pecked to death in the kanto, I dunno what happened in johto, pikachu allmost Exploding in hoenn! and pikachu getting seperated in sinnoh?

allso how will the new bike get destroyed? pikachu must be a bike slayer afterall.
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Silver25
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

If that were to happen, it would be interesting at first, but then it'd get annoying after that long if Pikachu can't use its electric moves. :\ A couple episodes or so maybe, but not that long.

At least this gives a good excuse on why Ash loses to Shooti like the above have said. Still, it just leaves Shooti looking like another overconfident jerk. Ash just better not lose the next time when Pikachu regains its electric moves.
It wouldn't be boring if Pikachu learned a new move. Personally I think now is the best time to learn a move separate from electric attacks other than Iron Tail and Quick Attack.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by okjoek View Post
allso how will the new bike get destroyed? pikachu must be a bike slayer afterall.
He's going to regain his electric powers and burst out over 9,000 thunder bolts immediately, frying Iris's newly bought bike.

Or at least that's the most logical thing.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Today's preview for BW showed exactly that. Ash will lose to Shooti because Pikachu is unable to use his electric attacks.
Oh my god O_o Pikachu pwns Latios and now he's gonna lose because he can't use electrc attacks... Boy this sux O_o
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I just finnished watching episode 1, I can't belive Pikachu got batterd up by a newly picked starter pokemon! Even if it couldn't use its electric attacks it could have used Quick attack and Iron tail more!!

I can't find episode 2 anywhere so I'll post again once ive watched it! :3

Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Oh my god O_o Pikachu pwns Latios and now he's gonna lose because he can't use electrc attacks... Boy this sux O_o
Actually it turned out alright. If Pikachu loses to Tsutaja again though, I wonder what they'll use as an excuse considering Pikachu regained back its electric attacks in the second episode, "Iris & Kibago."

A great start to the new series. I really liked how they gradually introduced Iris into the show. From showing interest in Zekrom at the beginning and then later meeting Ash after he thought she was a Kibago. Which by the way, made me crack up on so many occasions. xD

Grass Mixer looks like an awesome move with the use of Tsutaja's tail, a bit similar to Leaf Storm though. Shooti seems interesting, but I hope we really get to know more about him. If they do like Iris's introduction where they gradually introduce her and who she is with Shooti throughout the show, but still developing a great rivalry like they did with Paul, then I think I'll like that. His photography got annoying every time though. D:

The second episode was my favorite. Mijumaru following Ash around, wanting attention; it's just so adorable. :3 I knew I always liked this starter. He seems like another Piplup, but better.

As for Team Rocket, they impressed me the most. Koromori on Jessie was a given, but now I don't think we'll be seeing their old Pokémon anymore. Either they ditched it, or sent it to the boss. But, my have they gotten stronger and with no blast off either, it was great! Oh, and the new balloon too. I have quite some high hopes for them this time around.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I loved the two episodes so freakin much, every thing about it was epic. I don't care if Shooti is a newbie I like him. I wonder if Shooti got some pictures of Ash in themXD I hope he does in the future bahaha. Um now, I really loved Ash's excitment of the new region, so cute. I understand the mistakes, he was just really excited and some times when that happens he doesn't think. The animation was really good, I didn't mind Ash's new look in the series, I love it really. I am loving the IrisxAsh interaction, they look so adorable together. That last scene with the sun setting at the end of episode two is my favorite scene between them. I think I'll use as my signature in fact. Team Rocket amazed me a lot, I was shocked when they got away, no blast off nothing. Than there's a little matter of there Pokemon, guess they all got replaced or some thing. Over all, really loved this series. One thing I forgot to add, the in between parts with Ash and Pikachu are awesome, hope they continue that. Is it me or is Ash saying the titles again? I don't think Iris said the second episode title like Dawn would have in the D/P series.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Wow.. like the PokeNerd I'am, I stayed up until 6am this morning, so that I could stream the episodes when they aired at 5am. 8D; It was completely worth it in my opinion. I wasn't expecting as much as I got from BW, so I was pleased. The animation seemed slightly better, Ash looks fairly awesome (lol wut), Iris is interesting enough so far, Team Rocket looks cool in black, and the Zekrom thing was good stuff.

I was a bit disappointed that Pikachu, even minus it's electricity, lost to Tsutaja. BUT there is that whole 'levels don't exist in the anime', and 'Pikachu resets every series' thing to consider. After keeping that in mind, I could see how it happened. I loved seeing the starters in all their animated cuteness, and I hated them at first, but now I really like all three - more than I can for any other generation.

Iris is adorable, and Pikachu's beefed up Iron Tail animation was cool. The tail finally looks like metal, as opposed to just glowing white & Ash's eyes = FINALLY. It's the little things that make these episodes neat. rofl

Also, Shuuti takes pictures of himself.. randomly.. in the middle of a public setting.
And he didn't know what a Pikachu was... That kid made me lol.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Indeed, this was a perfect start to the series. You can tell everything is significantly different to previous series. Iris was very well introduced too, which makes me pretty damn happy. As for Mijumaru, it's super-kawaii, but that doesn't make up for its inferiority to Smugleaf.

Of course, I couldn't understand every single little conversation. I'm quarter wit in Japanese >__> But I can still feel what the characters try to convey and the emotion. Speaking of emotion, Ash has much more expression now. I'll admit that went downhill from after Kanto, but looks like the atmosphere in Pokemon will now have its high kicks and funny moments. And I think I was right about Iris just having some hots for Ash, or what is she sticking around for? Can't tell...

Also, Shooti is so arrogant and annoying... I like him. But mostly because he got Smugleaf.

Now the episodes really surpassed my expectations. Of course, I'm not going to be willing to wake up 10 before 5 AM on Thursdays >__> I barely make it for 6 AM Saturdays for the dub.

Also, freakin loved the episode music. Pikachu vs Smugleaf sounded epic. And I liked the little music twist when Ash was trying to capture a poor innocent Season Doe.

But most of all. I love Iris. Good night~
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
AadmM
I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA

Nature: Bold
Pretty fantastic from what little I've seen so far (which would be the first episode only...will watch the second half in a little bit).

Although I hate it when they put Pikachu through such torture, haha. I always feel so sorry for him ;_;

Tsutaja looked pretty cool, but his voice seems a little too deep to me. Now Mijumaru, on the other hand...all I can say is WIN. I love how he's sneaking around spying on Ash and Pikachu everywhere. So cute.

And I'm also loving how Kibago rides around inside Iris's monster hairdo :D

So yeah, lots to love from just the first episode! Look forward to watching the second.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
The Red Chain

Kay, Shivi made me. Here I go with my rant~

I was initially very excited upon playing the episode. It was a nice start seeing Ash getting ready for his new journey, and typical of his mom to fix his hat haha. It was a really cute start to a neat duo of episodes. Isshu really is far away was my next thought, since they are taking an airplane after all. Now when Zekrom appeared I flipped biscuits! What an amazing way to introduce a big bad electric legendary! I personally didn't find Pikachu getting nerfed annoying like those above did, no offense. It's really not something I care too much about, and besides, it allowed Tsutaaja to win. <3

That's another thing. Who in the name of Arceus thought that voice on that little tiny male Tsutaaja was a good idea?! When I heard that deep manly voice come from that little thing's mouth I fell onto the ground and laughed for like.. 10 minutes. XDD It's a darn good thing the female Tsutaaja in the previews has a more fitting and amazing voice. <3 I really like Shooti so far, he looks to be a great smuggy and yet kind [to his Pokemon] rival. I really like that. XD

Ash got a Mamepato. No surprise here. Moving on~
I love the new Team Rocket, officially. But it did surprise me when they showed that Jessie has a Koromori, and that Meowth actually tried to attack this time.. and didn't completely get pwned like usual. They really are amazing now. I love it.

It was also really cute to see Mijumaru following Ash like a little stalker and then saving the day with his shell. Too bad his efforts were in vain since no one truly noticed him. ;_; Next episode dear little water otter. <3
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
AadmM
I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA

Nature: Bold
Just finished watching the second episode. Gotta say, that was probably to most fun I've had watching an episode of the anime in forever. And I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

I was a little iffy about continuing to watch Best Wishes before, but now I'm sold.

I'm loving all the fresh little twists they've put on everything. Team Rocket seems better and smarter this time around, and they even got rid of their old balloon, apparently! On top of that, the quality of the music seems to have improved, as well as the animation itself. And if anyone still hates Mijumaru after seeing him in the anime, I'm afraid I must question their sanity

Good stuff so far, very good stuff.
Old September 24th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I sooooo enjoyed the second episode :D I wuv Mijumaru now <3 and also, jessie has my second fav isshu pokemon KOROMORI!!!! <33

Poor Mijumaru Hopefully Ash will catch it next episode :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links