The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
You're being a jerk. Yeah, that IS basic RMXP. The part that isn't basic is setting up scripts to make it have \n work when you have different actors as the main character. You always have to specify what character is talking, and if you're playing the whole game through as a Pikachu, and someone else plays as Eevee, then it doesn't exactly work correctly.

I've been using RMXP for 5 years, I know the basics. Please don't bring your offensive tones into this thread, I don't care if you're some big shot at Calis.

Last edited by Meowth; August 1st, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Then obviously change the stats using RMXP's functions, along with the name. You do realize you can generate a character like that.
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I don't mean to sound like an as* but I dont see any other way to ask these questions, U are the same meowth who was working on MSB(Mewtwo Strikes Back), right? If you are then why did u drop that project for this piece of crap, MSB showed promise had many supporters and you quit the project claiming u couldn't finish cause lack of help. So how did you start this? If they wouldn't help you with MSB why would you get support for this? If I got the wrong person than i apolgize, but if I dont then my questions are just, so is my lack of interest in this project...
Old August 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
It's not dropped, it's on hold... AvatarKris was going on vacation, and Alucus is busy with life... he's making the tiles we need to progress further. Would you help? I'd appreciate people's negativity to be turned into PRODUCTIVITY. If you're just gonna bi*ch, please help instead.

Here is MSB's thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...183762&page=14

And to Poeman: I don't know how to do that without scripting. Each actor has their own set skills and stats. The same statement above applies for you, as well.

And to anyone else who has a problem with this: Please keep it out of the thread, send me a PM. Drama is not necessary.

Last edited by Meowth; August 1st, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Poeman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It's not drama it's you not listening.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It is drama because of your tone. There wouldn't have been a problem if you had said this in the first place instead of insulting him and basically calling him stupid in two different comments.

And hey, Meowth, are you using the PMD starter kit someone put out are starting from scratch?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
nmorr
Takin a brake. -_-

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
It is drama because of your tone. There wouldn't have been a problem if you had said this in the first place instead of insulting him and basically calling him stupid in two different comments.

And hey, Meowth, are you using the PMD starter kit someone put out are starting from scratch?
The PMD starter kit from CNG is for RPGVX so I don't think he is. Also, Poeman, he's right, you have to fix your attitude. I'm sorry if this comes across incorrectly, I don't mean to be rude, but u seem to have a negative, or pompous (don't know if I spelled that correctly...) attitude. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Alright guys, this thread has been derailed pretty badly, try to keep on topic from this point on, alright?

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Page 3
Change parameters
Change Skills
Change Actor Name
Change Actor graphic

It's not me not listening, because I didn't know how to do it, plain and simple. It's still too complex and I will not be doing it that way, because there is more to it than that. My game, my way, thank you for at least making an attempt in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post

I'm not, like they said; it's in RMXP, the kit is for VX... so it's all scratch with some scripts I've found through searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Alright guys, this thread has been derailed pretty badly, try to keep on topic from this point on, alright?
My apologies... I try not to have this sorta thing go on, but some people...

So. I'm at a friend's house right now and won't be able to work on the game until maybe tomorrow night or Thursday, but I have some plans
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:11 AM
! AvatarKris !
Progress is DEAD...

Nature: Lonely
Appearantly, I missed that the game got a name now ...

ANNEX ... sounds cool !

Support
Pokemon Manga Red
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Is this game a remake of pokemon mytery dungeon red rescue and blue rescue team or is it a completely different

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Completely different game dude. :D
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
love this, can't wait for the release of it... :D

Old September 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Still working on getting the random map script Poccil provided with Essentials working without the rest of the essentials kit... having a hard time doing it honestly.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:17 AM
poap555
Beginning Trainer

Where can i download this game and is NoGBA this best Emulator?
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poap555 View Post
Where can i download this game and is NoGBA this best Emulator?
Not ready for download and emulation has nothing to do with this section of the forums.
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Yeah, it's a PC game dude, sorry.
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:25 PM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
Hey, Meowth, I'm back from my vacation (well actually I came back 2 weeks ago =p) So, am I still part of the team? Or, ..., even if i'm not give me updates on the game!

G
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter

Update you say? Here's something I could muster up; two screenshots from the opening sequence (which is still in the works)

Amnesia? So cliche! So overused! So perfect for my game.
Old October 7th, 2010, 02:57 PM
ayevdayev
Legend

Send a message via AIM to ayevdayev Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ayevdayev
Nice! So I'm kinda reviving this thread here. What happened to all pf the comment posting, anyways good luck!

G
Old October 9th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Joalsses
Beginning Trainer

Hi!
the game looks awesome!
squirtle and mewoth are one of my favs pokémon!
the HG/SS tiles and overworlds are great!cant wait
to play it *^*

Old October 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
If your script isn't working yet, try adding a metadata system similar to poccil's metadata system and edit the map like that (no it does not mean you need an editor program you can also use scripts or a textfile and compile it like that but I'd say use a metadata script) otherwise if this doesn't work I'm sorry, I'm only a moderate scripter, but I think I can make a Wondermail system for you!

EDIT: For the wondermail script I'll be needing to know if you started from scratch or from a starter kit.

Last edited by Umbreon; October 18th, 2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:47 AM
A Shian
Got It Memorized?

This game is awsome, but why have there been no updates lately?

The Closer To Light You Get The Greater Your Shadow Becomes
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Shian View Post
This game is awsome, but why have there been no updates lately?
Please look at the date of the last post before making a post yourself, this thread has been inactive for over three months.

Closed.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links