• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[RMXP] Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Steel would be lovely. :D
I love your story and your Pokemon. They look awesome own their own right. :D

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I love your story and your Pokemon. They look awesome own their own right. :D

Thanks. :cer_smile:

Voting Result!

Well 2 of you voted, which I guess is an improvement on before. The results were a tie for Steel and Water (I went for the first type phantominoid mentioned) and so I will show 2 fakemon.

unveiling4.png

Bandiero, the Outlaw Pokemon. Bandiero live in the harshest of deserts, searching for travellers and supplies. The don't take kindly to "no" as an answer and will retract their poncho and reveal their concealed cannon arms as a rebuttal to it. Sprite by Aviculor.

Cardioct, the Vascular Pokemon. It pumps water through its body to move through the deep seas, creating a steady beat. Although predatory, their pumping also allows them to filter nutrients from the water. Sprite by Aviculor.

Well I was supposed to have screenshots by today but seeing as I don't you can pick one more type of fakemon to be revealed tomorrow evening. Your choices are:

Fire
Water
Grass
Flying
Bug
Ghost

Happy voting! And remember to comment as always!

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Bandiero sounds very Digimon-ish. But hey! It wore a poncho! :D
I would love to see a Ghost. :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Still figuring how I'm to look at Cardioct...

My vote is for ghost.
also could you add the new reveled pokemon to the main post?

Keep up the good work!

The Cynic

Years
also could you add the new reveled pokemon to the main post?

Soon, soon. I'm just trying to get some more delicious screenies in first.

Voting Result!

I'm very pleased with the turnout this time. Democracy is a little more democratic that way. The result, if you don't already ,was Ghost.

unveiling5.png

Gleel, the Glee Pokemon. Gleel can typically be found haunting the graves of those who died happy. In some areas, in fact, they are considered to be the reincarnations of those who die happy. Sprite by Ivyon.

Thanks again for voting. No more fakemon for a little while, but feel free to comment as always. New screenshots coming tomorrow night!

Last edited:

The Cynic

Years
Aww.... no comments on Gleel. :cer_cry:

New Screenshots

littlebeach_town___screenshots_by_vivalaevolution-d2yg271.png

Alpha screenshots of Littlebeach Town, the starter town. Please remember to comment! :cer_frown:

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Do you by any chance need a graphic artist? ;]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm sure I've seen this thread before, so I don't know why I haven't replied ;)

This is now one of my favourite games on PokéCommunity, despite it not even being in the Showcase yet (planning to move any time soon?). The Pokémon are awesome, the region seems interesting, and the beginning of the story sounds promising.

Anyway, is the player's name fixed, or is 'Casey' an example name? I'm not too keen on being stuck with a name I don't particularly like (sorry). On a related note, can the player select their gender?
During the plot, you get the Pokémon that the Professor saves you with as your starter. But judging from the sprites, you're going with the traditional Grass/Fire/Water triangle. So how is the starter the Prof uses decided?
Are the overworld sprites final? I assume you're going to be designing a new hero rather than using Essentials' default. The R/S/E sprites are in my opinion the worst looking OWs, too. If it was up to me, I'd either use 4th gen OWs or use a custom template.
And finally, the font looks a bit strange; as the screenshots are taken at half the natural resolution, some of the resized characters don't look right (such as the second " in the sign). Is there any reason you're not using one of the Pokémon fonts?

The Cynic

Years
I'm sure I've seen this thread before, so I don't know why I haven't replied ;)

This is now one of my favourite games on PokéCommunity, despite it not even being in the Showcase yet (planning to move any time soon?). The Pokémon are awesome, the region seems interesting, and the beginning of the story sounds promising.

Anyway, is the player's name fixed, or is 'Casey' an example name? I'm not too keen on being stuck with a name I don't particularly like (sorry). On a related note, can the player select their gender?
During the plot, you get the Pokémon that the Professor saves you with as your starter. But judging from the sprites, you're going with the traditional Grass/Fire/Water triangle. So how is the starter the Prof uses decided?
Are the overworld sprites final? I assume you're going to be designing a new hero rather than using Essentials' default. The R/S/E sprites are in my opinion the worst looking OWs, too. If it was up to me, I'd either use 4th gen OWs or use a custom template.
And finally, the font looks a bit strange; as the screenshots are taken at half the natural resolution, some of the resized characters don't look right (such as the second " in the sign). Is there any reason you're not using one of the Pokémon fonts?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I've been very, very busy.

Originally you weren't to have a choice, but I have decided that seeing as the majority of people would much rather choose name and gender, that option will be available. The default names will be Casey & Evie. The reason for the original lack of choice is that I wanted a much more story-oriented game.

The Prof. thing is still being finalised, but what will probably happen is that when the Prof. calls out the Pokemon a box will appear giving you the choice of which Pokemon the Prof. sends out.

The overworlds will be changed to 4th gen style.

So far I'm just using the default fonts with Pokemon Essentials. This will be changed later.

Thanks for taking such an interest in the game. I hope you continue to follow it.
:cer_smile:

This game is awesome! I like the fakemons! ^^

Thanks.

Your Ideas

There are a few things that would be nice to hear from you. The first thing is: how many Pokemon should the regional dex comprise of. Being such a large region I'm thinking 301 would be the smallest size of dex. What do you reckon?

Do you have any ideas for additional game features? Now that Sands of Time is a game and not a hack, I can be much more creative. Such features not yet mentioned that I think would fit nicely are:
- Autumn form of all grass Pokemon caught in and around Autumnleaf Town.
- Some tidal effects (most notably in the Armarenth Dots).
- Pokemon following trainer (as in HG/SS).

If you have any great ideas, please tell me them. And as always, keep the comments coming.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^well if you are thinking about adding new types, or "fake" as the haters like to say, how about adding some sound types?

The Cynic

Years
^well if you are thinking about adding new types, or "fake" as the haters like to say, how about adding some sound types?

I'm actually not adding any new types whatsoever. Mainly because the types Game Freak created work so well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
Probably the first time ever for me to post on a game thread XD
So far looking good :)
Maybe a pokedex of 351?
It's just my opinion though ;)
The title Pokemon Chornicles: The Sands of Time really sounds like Final Fantasy Crystal Chornicles: Echoes of Time... (did u get this idea from this game?)
Maybe it's just me though :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back