The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2010, 07:04 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
Ah! Perfect! When I left the scene two years ago, then started coming up with ideas recently, I was afraid there still wouldn't be any easy modifying of the breeding groups. YAAAAY!
One question: Is it possible to make a single Pokémon evolve into one of two evolutions separately based on gender? In other words, say you've got one Pokémon that can be male OR female, and you want it to evolve into a male-only Pokémon at level 20 if it's male, and a DIFFERENT female-only Pokémon at 20 if it's female. Would that work? Or would it clash values and just evolve all of them to the top Pokémon in the chain?

EDIT: Post 420! Yay!!!!!.....? Um, there are children here, I won't elaborate...
Nope not that i know of with this tool. You would have to create a whole new pokemon with only one gender and evolve it that way i guess. Ie. have ralts|M| and ralts |F| which evolves into KIRLIA |M| or KIRLIA |F| and have KIRLIA |F| evolve into Gardevoir while KIRILIA |M| evolves into either Gardevoir or Gallade...complicated yes i know
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
King Koopa
The Dark Spriter >>>>

Nice tool, you should add a pokedex order ediotr
Old August 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Do you plan to add German ROM support? I'm missing some offsets (I was able to get most of them, but not all.)
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:43 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Why don't you people realize she isn't coming back, hasn't logged on in 2 years, let this thread die.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 2nd, 2010, 05:17 AM
jemon
Eevee's Plaything

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Why don't you people realize she isn't coming back, hasn't logged on in 2 years, let this thread die.
if somebody could get hold of the source files, they could carry on where YAPE left off?

Is there a more recent/better editor?

Old August 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Surmonter
Hear No Evil

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
Even if she isn't coming back, this is still a good tool that should be very easy to find.

This tools works wonders, I have not had a problem with it yet. It's very easy, and I can actually understand it! o:
Are you an ally?

Are you looking for a friend?
Maybe some advice?
Or maybe just a place to feel normal?

Go to EmptyClosets.

Starstruck★ :Pair
Shinies :Important Links
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:52 PM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying I don't understand why people keep posting requesting for additional features and updates, when it's clearly not going to happen.
And the source flies are on her computer. SO, unless you have her E-Mail address, and she feels like reading it, you're not going to make any leadway.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evan44
In Severe Ilness

Nature: Relaxed
WOOT! I can finnaly make absols long-awaited evo!
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Robotico00
Beginning Trainer

My copy of YAPE can't open any FireRed rom, again. About 4 months ago, this error happened, apparently, with no reasons, then I formated my PC(beacuse a virus infected it). The error gone, I could edit my hack. But, it returned. I tried to uninstall Framework 3.5, but it said that the unistallation will affect other programs. When I try to open my rom, YAPE says: "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'". Any suggestions?

EDIT: When I open a FireRed rom, the error shows, and if I select "Continue" and try to load a LeafGreen rom, it says: "InvalidArgument=Value of '65' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'".

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Robotico00; September 23rd, 2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: New error detected
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Diddly
Beginning Trainer

I used it on a FireRed ROM I had already edited and it opened fine. Later that day, when I tried to open the same ROM again an error came up saying 'Unrecognised ROM'. It opens all my spare FireRed ROM. Any ideas because I don't want to have to start again on a game I've already put 8 or so hours into.
Old September 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddly View Post
I used it on a FireRed ROM I had already edited and it opened fine. Later that day, when I tried to open the same ROM again an error came up saying 'Unrecognised ROM'. It opens all my spare FireRed ROM. Any ideas because I don't want to have to start again on a game I've already put 8 or so hours into.
If you have the rom open in another programme when you try to open it in YAPE, YAPE can't read it properly. Just make sure that if you're gonna use YAPE that the rom isn't open in anything else.
Old September 25th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Diddly
Beginning Trainer

None of the programmes are recognizing the ROM so I think its corrupted. I'll just back up more often now.
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:53 AM
ElBurrito
Trainer of Shadows

Well so far this is the best tool I have used. The only down side I see is that you can't edit the moves they learn by breeding. But other than that this is the ultimate pokemon data editor.
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:57 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
I love this tool, but is there a way to put in more moves, not new moves, but more for the movesets.
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
The only way to increase a Pokemon's movepool is to remove moves from another's. It's suggested to take away some of the duplicate moves in an evolved Pokemon's movelist.
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:05 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
The only way to increase a Pokemon's movepool is to remove moves from another's. It's suggested to take away some of the duplicate moves in an evolved Pokemon's movelist.
I knew that but is there a way to add more to the rom?
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Zee Best
Beginning Trainer

Had a quick look, it's pretty fun and can be usefull.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
draketh99
Beginning Trainer

Does the editing base stats work? i tried editing a few pokemon's base stats but it never changes anything. I maxed out that stats on a pokemon, and its the same level, yet weaker than my un-edited pokemon. i tried this on a clean ROM but it still wont change anything. is anyone else having this problem? Im using LeafGreen if that makes a difference
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
hazelfraz
Pokemon Breeder

Send a message via AIM to hazelfraz
hi, im having trouble with the egg hatching (when you walk) the number of steps it dont save when you change them
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelfraz View Post
hi, im having trouble with the egg hatching (when you walk) the number of steps it dont save when you change them
change the number of steps, click the custom button then switch back
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:47 AM
hazelfraz
Pokemon Breeder

Send a message via AIM to hazelfraz
you are a genius! tyvm :p
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
This is a great software. The only problem I have is it won't let me change certain item evolutions as the item evolution only lists the stones and I wan't to be able to have it so pokemon that evolve while holding items through trade actually use those items like with the stones to evolve. For example, I use the King's Rock on Slowpoke and evolves into Slowking.

Other than that, it's a great software.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Im comin' home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
This is a great software. The only problem I have is it won't let me change certain item evolutions as the item evolution only lists the stones and I wan't to be able to have it so pokemon that evolve while holding items through trade actually use those items like with the stones to evolve. For example, I use the King's Rock on Slowpoke and evolves into Slowking.

Other than that, it's a great software.
I saw you post this in the Simple Questions thread, let me give you a REAL answer.

Kings Rock, is not an evolution item, it isn't set up to be an evolution item, it doesn't have an evolution item's ASM to let it be an evolution item.

There is a tutorial somewhere, I think it might have been in the R&D Depot. when don't you go have a look see?
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Okay thank you. That just stems from me being a long-time anime fan and seeing wild Slowpoke evolving into Slowking and Misty's Poliwhirl evolving with a King's Rock. I thought I could get it to work in the games too. Oh well, I guess I'll have to try a different method instead.
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
zoo3891

Hi when i open this on my computer it always says "YAPE has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution" and immediatley closes, does this not work for windows 7? Can someone tell me what's going on if they know.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here