The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Hi! :D

Today, Dawn gets to practice with her new Pokémon, Togekiss. Also, don't forget the Pokémon marathon airing today at 10:30AM/9:30c. More details here.

(Thanks for taking care of these while I was gone, Vernikova and AdvancedK47!)
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Blue ♥

The more I see of Togekiss the more I grow to hate it. Togekiss reminds me of a Mary Sue except in the form of a Pokémon in a way. It annoyed me the entire episode.
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Hey, we missed you, BlueDrifblim. But anyway, this was starting to be a somewhat boring episode. Personally, I could've beat Togekiss 6 times before it could land an attack.

TR has the worst luck! Jessie was still a little heated about that whole Contest thing that happened; now she wants that Togekiss...

The only thing I liked about this episode was the aerial battle between Yanmega and Togekiss. Too bad that "dodge it with grace!" was the deus-ex-machina of that battle.

Anyway, looking forward to the Grand Festival! So far we have Dawn, Zoey and Jesselina. We have yet to hear from Nando, Ursula (Best rival ever!) and Kenny.

8/10 (It would've been lower if it wasn't for that aerial battle!) XD

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:17 AM
X Latios

Nature: Quiet
I liked Dawn until this episode. Jesse should have won the battle between her Yanmega and Togekiss, but it seems having your pokemon "dance" is an acceptable form of battling. I wouldn't have minded so much, but it made Togekiss untouchable and made the episode a rather pointless and annoying filler imo. Maybe Ash should borrow it and dance his way through the Sinnoh League...

Use Soul Silver unless otherwise stated
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Urgh... the only that I liked about this episode was the Aerial battle, when Togekiss battled Gible, it was painful to watch, why couldn't Dawn just tell Togekiss to stop dancing and start attacking... properly!
I also want Jessie to be revealed, and how come Dawn's pokemon never recognize Jessie's Pokemon :/

Overall I'd give it a 6/10
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
I also want Jessie to be revealed, and how come Dawn's pokemon never recognize Jessie's Pokemon :/
\
It's the same way that Ash, Dawn and Brock and others don't recognize Jessie when she is Jesselina or any other of the TR disguises. They are wrapped up in outer appearances when you could just recognize them by their voices. It's the same deal with Princess Salvia as Dawn; Jessie didn't even notice her courtesy and British accent.

In other words, they SUCK at vocal recognition!

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Another good episode, not great, but it was still okay. Togekiss really knows how to put on a show, but the fact that it took forever for Togekiss to attack got annoying. My advice is, save the flashy showmanship for the first round of the Grand Festival.

Team Rocket's dialogue was surprisingly tolerable. Rhyming was kept to a minimum, and that's the way it should be. I was actually impressed with their battling. It wasn't just Jessie and James launch one attack, Ash and friends fight back, big explosion, and TR is blasting off again. They put up a good fight.

Now that Dawn has found a good way to use Togekiss's elegant and graceful style to her advantage, I'm interested to see how Togekiss will perform in the Grand Festival.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Neelh
i am so win lol!!1! :P

Nature: Quirky
Joacen, you are my new friend

Seriously, you said everything I wanted to say, but less sugar-coated.

Paired with the inactive best friend in real life, Pikachu-dance!
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Wow, this was a boring episode. Perhaps it's because it feels like such a a short time ago since I seen the last episode, but this episode was so dull. I wasn't that interested in Dawn's problems with Togekiss, but it seems a shame she got it so close to the Grand Festival because it seems cute. Lots of music is kept this episode, it's been quite a while since there's been this much o.O

Music kept: (11)

Music at the start
TR Sneaking theme
Togekiss using Sky Attack
Togekiss uses Air Slash
Togekiss lets Pikachu ride her
Togekiss flying again
TR Sinnoh Motto theme
DPPt Gym theme
An AG theme
Pikachu and Piplup fall out the balloon
Route 214
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:08 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Not a very interesting episode I must say. Togekiss is indeed a graceful pokemon, I agree, but it was really a bit annoying. The aerial battle between Togekiss and Yanmega was very eye-catching either. Overall, this episode was below average. It was nice to see some of the Rocket Trio's classical Pikachu stealing methods though.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Vernikova

More than usual I guess? I don't know.
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I think this episode was kinda pointless since it's like they all forgot that each pokemon has a different personality.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Vernikova

Ratings for this episode compared to the other shows that aired on Cartoon Network during the Saturday morning block:

CARTOON NETWORK 1.6/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 0.9/10; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.0/10; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.6/12; Generator Rex 1.7/10; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.8/9; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.6/7; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.7/7; Pokemon Chronicles 1.6/7; Pokemon Chronicles 1.9/9; Pokemon Chronicles 1.6/8; Pokemon 2.0/10; Pokemon 3: The Movie (1x120) 2.1/11

http://www.cynopsis.com/editions/kids/091310/

Last edited by Vernikova; September 13th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Source'd
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

^ I've never understood what those numbers are supposed to mean o.O Can you explain? But from what I can tell, Pokemon's doing badly?
Old September 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Vernikova

I'll use Pokémon as an example. It got 0.9/10. The "0.9" stands for the ratings share. Click here for more information on ratings share since it's tough for me to explain. "10" refers top the percentage of American homes tuning into the program. 10% of American homes were watching.

I have a better example I guess:
A show got ratings of 3.5/15

That means that 3.5% of the total population in that demographic were watching that show, and 15% of the people in that demographic that were watching TV were watching that show. That is clearer I believe. Also note that the demographic for the animé is 6-11.

Still confused? The left number (0.9 in this case) is the number that you want to be really high for Pokémon. Simple as I can make it.

And yeah, it has been doing pretty badly since its time slot move.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here