The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Airing on October 14th, we have the fifth Best Wishes title - keep note that the title is subjected to change.

BW005: Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu!

Source: Serebii // TV Japan TV Guide

This is the same number episode in which Brock appeared for the first time. Seems to me like they're really trying to keep up with Kanto's pace. Still, it's not confirmed if the actual gym match will take place at this time. If they at least plan to stick to some of DP's positive antics, then the gym leaders will have more than one episode for themselves (which is what I'm hoping for). While we won't need more than one episode for Dento since he'll join the group, we at least need it for Poddo and Koon.

Discuss!
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:26 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
This should be an amazing episode with Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu. These monkey look-alike Pokemon are really cute. <3
Since Dento's gym also happens to be a restaurant, I guess there wont be a gym battle. We did see a trailer where Dento's is taking Ash's order. Maybe Ash and Iris just get in there for a meal.
Not dating, okay?
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervyn797 View Post
We did see a trailer where Dento's is taking Ash's order. Maybe Ash and Iris just get in there for a meal.
.. Really..? It always looked like he was asking Ash for his autograph to me. XD Maybe I'm just slow. But I agree somewhat, his gym does look a little bit like it has tables and such in it, as well as looking like a castle just like a fancy restaurant. I never was really fond of Yanappu or Baoppu, but after that preview I am in love with them. <3

Thankfully Yanappu got a much better voice than it had before in the earlier previews. XD
Though I can barely hear Baoppu or Hiyappu, they sound adorable as well. >w<

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
M. Dent
Trial Triangle

Nature: Gentle
I'd like a link to the trailer if possible.

Well I'm excited to see Dent and his family appearing for the first time. I really hope that BW gets subbed by someone -w-

Old September 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM
The Red Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Dent View Post
I'd like a link to the trailer if possible.

Well I'm excited to see Dent and his family appearing for the first time. I really hope that BW gets subbed by someone -w-
Here you go.
Yanappu's footage is shown in the middle of the video, and Hiyappu and Baoppu appear at the end. :3

Old September 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Blaque
[ B L A C K ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post
.. Really..? It always looked like he was asking Ash for his autograph to me.
I thought the same thing. XD;

I have this interesting thought in mind that this episode will probably introduce Dento, his family, and possibly the start of Dento's conflict on why he may choose to leave the gym and travel with Ash after the gym battle. While the gym battle may not happen until the next episode after this, I believe Dento may change his interest to Pokémon Musicals if it were introduced as something major like Contests. Then again, this could just be wishful thinking based on his appearance and behavior. >_<

EDIT:
So, reading up on Serebii, the tile seems to really be "Sanyou gym! VS Baoppu, Hyappu, Yannapu!!" That probably means, I'm guessing that the actual gym battle happens here. Then again, I'm inclined to think Ash loses like he does against ever first region gym and tries again in the next episode.

...and a summary to go with it, translated by Ash-kid at SPPf.

Ash has arrived to the first gym of Isshu region that is in Sanyo city. In the city he met a pokemon sommelier (waiter who manages and is an expert on wine) named Dento that guide him to Sanyo gym, Ash jumps in. There, what a surprising scene (could be also arena) is waiting for him !?

Last edited by Blaque; September 21st, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Guy
just a guy

The preview for the next episode.

Dento arrives! Seems as being pretty showy runs in the family and not just in Dento.

The battles do look enticing though!
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
So Satoshi is going to be fighting all three gym leaders. I hope he wins the first gym this time since the battle does look like something you want to see.
Old October 7th, 2010, 05:26 PM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Dent's blue haired brother, whose name escapes me at the moment, am I the only one who thought he was a girl at first? Well I saw his in game sprite first and. . . his hair, I think that's what got me. Then I realized it was male . ___ .

EDIT (10/14/10)
Sooo, just watched the episode and I like Pod and Corn, Dent's pretty cool, but he needs cooler hair, compared to his brothers, its just so. . . bland :/
Not a bad episode. The animation really is gorgeous. Smug!Iris is awesome =3
I love how Pokabu managed to knocked Baopuu out after three hits, yet Pokabu got hit like eight times /sarcasm
Anime laws, I'll never get over some of them.
Looks like Mijumaru might lose, but who knows, Ash might pull a friendship speech or something out of thin air and he might win, but then again Pikachu lost.
Or he might lose and have a rematch, since he seems to always lose to the first gym in the regions at least once.

Last edited by ShadowYashi; October 14th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I am loving Best Wishes so far, Iris is awesome, she's been my favorite female main character so far. I love how Iris isn't apart of the group just yet but kind of stalking Ash LOL. Pokabu is just, the best Pokemon ever, he knocked out a Pokemon right away, maybe he's the strongest Pokemon on Ash's team yet, guess I'll wait to see next week. Maybe Mijmaru will pull a shocker and win one for Ash, cuz it doesn't look like they stay longer in that city, so Ash has to win this one right? They also said it'd be more fast paced than the other ones. So, they wouldn't pull a D/P on us and have Ash loose and come back after a couple of episodes to get that badge would they? I'm liking Dento so far, I hope he plays a big part in the series. Ash was so funny this episode, I've been loving his character more than ever this series. The battle was pretty cool, I'm glad it continues next week, over all yah liked the episode.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old October 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I lovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee Ash's Mijumaru and Pokebu! They are sooo awsome! Im glad Pokebu won that battle since it's old trainer abandoned it because it kept losing!

I love Mijumaru's face at the end of the episode when Dento's poké uses Solar Beam xD

Priceless!

Old October 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Tomackze
Drowzee

I'm so disappointed with Pikachu this season... He has been very useless
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Pikachu lost another easy battle.
and ash is bad at chossing the right type pokemon at the right time.
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
It's only fitting that Ash wins the battle where he has the type disadvantage and loses when he has the advantage. Don't mind Pikachu losing as it'll eventually get it's shares of win. Mijumaru was cute as usual. Has it been confirmed that he loses? Preview to the next episode showed nothing of the battle.
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Preview to the next episode showed nothing of the battle.
um, yah it did. It showed mijumaru catching his shell about to attack the grass type.
Old October 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing is clip of Makomo, Munna, and the Abandoned Lot of Dreams.
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Quote:
I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing is clip of Makomo, Munna, and the Abandoned Lot of Dreams.
Here is the full Preview of the episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nxWoPiJKk
Old October 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Thanks. It seems Mijumaru learns Shell Blade, which probably means it wins.
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Good battle so far. Pokabu was amazing. He was able to take out that fire Monkey which I liked. Pikachu loosing got me disappointed. The cheerleaders are back but is now cheering for the gym leaders. That made me laugh a bit. Mijumaru was just funny but I didn't see the other half of the part when Mijumaru was kicking Dento butt. That is probably in the next episode though. So far I'm really loving Dento. He is becoming one of my favorite characters.
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Thanks. It seems Mijumaru learns Shell Blade, which probably means it wins.
Just speculation, but by the way it looks, Mijumaru may lose to Yanappu's Solar Beam the first time around. Then in the upcoming episode when Ash is taking care of Team Rocket, perhaps Mijumaru will learn Shell Blade against them. Wrapping up the episode with Ash and Mijumaru winning against Dento in their rematch because of Mijumaru's newly learned move and Dento deciding to travel with Ash.

Onto this episode; for a first time gym battle it was pretty good. I like how Ash got tired of the brother's introduction and demanded a battle against each of them. Pokabu against the fire monkey (I have yet to learn all of the new Pokémon's names) was a good start I must say. That little piggy sure has the flame in him - I just hope he doesn't steal all starter spotlight as the series progresses.

I was sooooo disappointed when Pikachu lost though. For the love of Pokémon, Pikachu has beaten a Regice, a Latios, and so many other types of Pokémon to go along with it, that it just shouldn't have lost to a simple water monkey; even more so that it had a type advantage. Regardless, I hope Pikachu earns itself some impressive victories this season, because I would hate to see it lose to other simpleton Pokémon again, not after all its done.

Mijumaru! Gosh, I love this Pokémon more and more every time I see it. I love its fear to battle a Pokémon that seems intimidating and when reminded of what it did, it gets all proud of itself. I'm glad the writer's are giving attention to it, and even more, character. It's ending artwork was just hilarious after having to see Solar Beam coming its way.

On a side note, I'm actually liking Dento (I thought I would). So, I'm eager to see him traveling with Ash. Hopefully, he'll keep his character going throughout. As for Iris, I'm glad she isn't fully part of the group yet either. It's something different to go by this series.
Old October 14th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Are these monkey pokemon supposed to be special or something? Or like regular starter types in a way?

BTW just finished the first ep

1. Pokabu was kinda BS... He should have lost, he took so many more hits. Wow I thought that could have gone better

2. The Pikachu one was sad, what has Pikachu become where he loses to random pokemon now? He used to be such a beast...

3. The Mijumaru scene was really funny... wonder what will happen to Mijumaru in the future? Doesn't really seem like the type who loves to battle

Last edited by Tomackze; October 14th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
XD I think it just goes to show how much chance influences Pokemon battling?

I once lost to Alakazam17 because my Kingdra's Hydro Pump missed and his HP was low so Zam's Hippodon KO'd it. I don't get this whole "Pikachu is a beast" nonsense; no he's not. He can lose just like any other Pokemon. There's a variety of factors in every battle that determine the outcome, other than Pokemon choice and type match-up. XD Besides, Ash can't win them all; Pikachu has to lose so that Pokabu and Miju can win. It's a way of their bond becoming stronger and such; losing would have not been very good to Pokabu's frail psyche at the moment given his recent abandonment by his previous trainer.

Anyways, I totally joined all the fangirls in squeeing about Dento, Koon and Poddo or however their names are spelled lol. :D :D :D They are hot as hell.

Oh, and I'm liking Iris more and more. She's funny; I think it's great that she'll be a main char. <3

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

^The problem is that you would not lose with a Kingdra at level 150 and a Hippodon at level 30 at max. Ash's Pikachu has taken down legendary pokemon and "Elite Championship contenders" pokemon... you would assume that it could take down a simple "First Gym Leader's" pokemon
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:31 PM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
The episode bored me for the first eight minutes or so, maybe that is because I couldn't understand a word of what was being said. XD;
Those cheer-girls were really annoying..
I don't understand why Ash cannot understand type advantages. But at least Pokabu did beat Boappu. This showed that it isn't weak. Pokabu's bite was definitely hilarious.

This is so dumb, this time Ash has the type advantage, yet Pikachu looses to Hiyappu. I don't understand the logic behind using Quick Attack first instead of an electric type move. Pikachu gained no hits throughout the battle at all, amazing. ._.;
Stupid cheergirls again.

What is Team Rocket upto? XD;

Hilarious, Ash should have used Mamepato against Yanappu. Mijumaru... can this no-so confident Pokemon beat Yanappu? It appears to me as if Mijumaru has more knowledge of type advantages than Ash. I didn't know that Yanappu had the ability intimate. XD; Now a bite.. Oh god, what a hilarious sight... Yanappu dodged Mijumaru's moves with ease. At least Miju got one hit. Solarbeam? Who will save Mijumaru now? I didn't really know what Team Rocket were up to, but maybe they'll interfere in this battle? I hope they do, because if the don't, Mijumaru won't stand a chance. Or Mijumaru can attempt a last moment dodge.. How knows.. I'm so excited for the next episode.

The episode as a whole was fine, though I found it to be a little boring at first.

Last edited by mervyn797; October 14th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Overall, it was a nice battle - Mijumaru was the funniest part and I was laughing my ass off the whole time xD
I think it's better than have Pikachu lose to an Onix in the previous first gym as a reset. At least this was a new Pokemon. Pikachu lost to SCREECH last time, and to a Pokemon Satoshi probably sees quite frequently.

By the way, Dento = Mamoru Miyano = Ling Yao = Light Yagami. <33333

Sponsored Links